Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 28«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2017 2:28:10   

Am I the only one who actually WANTED this kinda class?
A haste-focused class with understandable balance damage? Not to par it with VHL's dps, or other hardearned classes, I actually wanted for a class that goes SKKRRRRRAAH pah pah pah pah pah skibidee pah pah
Fun class, so many numbers :D (refreshing to have after maining VHL)
Post #: 76
10/15/2017 2:28:49   
Aura Knight

btw, I'm not too sure about this, but does VL actually have mage mana regen? I'm not recieving any mana from getting hit, but I gain a ton of mana whenever my AA or skills crit
You may be right. I got to low mana on purpose and had the monsters in battlegrounde attack me, yet my mp remained where it was.

Also, is slash working as intended? In the stat screen, my damage range is shown as 184-185 yet slash does 340 damage. Near double what I expect it to be. Damage is around 1.85x what it should be.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 10/15/2017 2:57:13 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 77
10/15/2017 3:13:04   

^ I'm thinking that slash also does magical damage, but that's just speculation on my part
AQW  Post #: 78
10/15/2017 3:28:39   
Edme MacHeath

I think it deals 115% or 120% damage, not 70%.
AQ  Post #: 79
10/15/2017 4:34:52   

I'm wondering, is it even worth letting Aspect of the Bat fade? Sure, you get a decently chunky DoT (which still get decreased by Aspect of the Bat btw) + 30% extra damage for a little bit and more defensive potential overall, but if survivability is not of your concern, it just seems to reduce your overall DPS when you need to wait those 7-8 seconds before being able to use it again. I just don't feel the debuffs are worth losing your general damage output for.

In a group fight situation, the extra 30% damage will surely help and if you have a SC or LC, or both by your side, I find Aspect of the Bat to not really be worth it at that point. Guess that's just one of the places where Aspect of the Bat's situational usefulness really comes forth.
AQW  Post #: 80
10/15/2017 4:56:43   

Well granted VL is not an amazing soloing class. I can confirm that I did get a faster time on undead artix by re applying the debuffs (1:58) as opposed to looping AOTB (2:12) with burning blade V2

For farming it's obviously different and depending on HP of mobs you're fighting. I would imagine if it's like sneevils from boxes you'd just loop AOTB and higher hp mobs from like towerofdoom10 and doomvaultb you'd probably reapply debuffs before going into AOTB.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 10/15/2017 4:58:49 >
Post #: 81
10/15/2017 6:37:46   

Guess I'll revisit EI some day... I never found its damage great plus cooldowns. Hitting 4 enemies is a bit situational.

I also never liked AbA mainly because 3 of its 4 skills targets yourself, which is very annoying for me having to click on that X button or manually target an enemy because your only skill that targets enemies is in cooldown.
AQW  Post #: 82
10/15/2017 7:41:24   
Jrr Kein

Willing to spend time getting those BT tokens, but is this class viably good to grab it or not good at all.
but seeing these posts and people demanding this class be buff, I might not gonna spend whole day get 25, 50 and 100 tokens; but if people think it's good, does this class works well with full luck or wizard or 50:50 of those enchantments
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 83
10/15/2017 9:05:36   

It's "average" so to speak and it certainly feels lackluster at first, it has low damage vs a single target and people are mostly complaining about the fact it can only hit 2 targets, but because you will deal consistent damage to both targets, you got a niche class which excels at dealing average damage to 2 enemies at once, which results in pretty good damage as long as you are hitting 2 targets, think something like Makais in Tercess or the mobs in Battlegrounda-Battlegrundf.
You have better options for 1 target, better options for 3+ targets, but vs 2 targets, it doesn't get much better than this. I would argue that it does great against 4 targets too, just because you will be dealing with 2 x 2 enemies, keeping up maximum damage potential at all times.

I was able to solo Slugfit and Groglurk in bosschallenge, which means it can definitely sustain itself in a single target scenario if you don't use Aspect of the Bat.

It also wont take long to get, you can get it in 3-5 hours depending on what groups you can find and it will stay for quite a while, although the first week is probably when you will find the most people to farm with.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 10/15/2017 9:15:20 >
AQW  Post #: 84
10/15/2017 10:17:42   
orc orc orc

I think VL would carve itself a niche as a 2-target farmer as I agree that it's absolutely amazing, if not unmatched there. It may possibly be the single-best class to farm battlegrounde/honorhall and Dark Makais imo. With a DPS per enemy arguably higher than AbA, this thing might even top AbA, Shaman and BB as a farming class if it were given the ability to hit 3 targets - It's amazing against both low HP (<2k) mobs like the Box Guardians and Dark Makais and higher HP mobs like the ones in Battlegrounde which is a huge boon for a farming class. I also love the way VL can switch from turtling to going offensive which, though minor, gives it a bit of versatility.

Overall, I feel that VL is a rather occasional class that's outclassed in most roles but when it's good at something it's really good. Fortunately for the class the areas it shines at are all relatively important parts of the game which may warrant it some relevance. It's a class that doesn't seem great on paper but does a lot more in practice, at least imo. I might even consider replacing Shaman with it as my go-to class to farm VHL.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 10/15/2017 10:20:46 >
Post #: 85
10/15/2017 10:27:01   

Wait... I though the VL auto attack was supposed to be melee range? Why am I able to hit enemies halfway across my screen?
Post #: 86
10/15/2017 10:53:06   
orc orc orc

@above It's supposed to be long-ranged, as stated by the breakdown.
Post #: 87
10/15/2017 11:40:10   
Silver Sky Magician

Interesting, we've got quite a few more supporters of VL now. How does VL compare to BB and LC for farming the Femme Cult Worshippers?
Epic  Post #: 88
10/15/2017 12:06:30   

So basically, our niches now are
for 2-mobs, we have RVL/VL
for 3-mobs, Shaman, BB and AbA
for 4-mobs and higher, EI.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/15/2017 12:07:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
10/15/2017 12:26:14   

Hmm but VL damage seems to be worse than Shaman, BB, AbA, or Daimon, why is it better besides soloing which its also pretty slow at
AQW  Post #: 90
10/15/2017 12:35:41   

@Silver Sky Magician
VL killed both consistently in 15-16 seconds with 3 Luck 1 Wiz
Lightcaster took anywhere from 12-19 seconds, it's more crit dependent.
BB got 17-18 seconds, because it always took a little extra time to finish off the 2nd one.

Lvl 72 + Nightlocke Axe.

More or less, varying slightly depending on enemy HP and how hard they hit, EI can't take on too many waves of Shadowrealm enemies before it needs to rest.

It does less damage per hit, no doubt, but the sheer amount of hits you do makes up for that. It's kind of like a BB but for 2 enemies only, it's damage is consistent throughout all targets, with a few exceptions here and there like Awe procs. It's also just a new class, which makes it more exciting to use, I personally haven't used BB for a serious purpose since I farmed Sneevils for VHL.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 10/15/2017 12:36:42 >
AQW  Post #: 91
10/15/2017 12:44:02   

Well, now I'm curious if we're going to see a class that focuses on 4-mobs if VL is any indication.
A class with an auto-attack and skills that focuses on four enemies, maybe.

This is turning out to be quite the development.
I can't believe I'm saying that I want to see more classes despite how many classes we have in the game right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
10/15/2017 13:00:36   
Silver Sky Magician

Interesting, I might just go back to do some farming...
Epic  Post #: 93
10/15/2017 15:11:55   

I've never used EI, but I think Chaos Slayer does a decent job at farming 4 or higher mid tier mobs for me I guess. If I'm not wrong, 2 of its skills can hit 6 monsters at the same time right, Enigma and Pandemonium, although I'm not sure as to how many monsters the AA hits, but I guess it's 3 at most.
AQW  Post #: 94
10/15/2017 18:38:42   
Aura Knight

VL is strange. Hitting the same damage on an auto as void highlord does. With static damage and same enhancements, damage from slash is same as contract. Only difference is in the crits. While Void highlord hits a little above 1200, vampire lord hits slightly less than that. 1186 vs 1202 But the damage range on Vampire Lord is shown as being 184-185 while on Void Highlord it's 340-340.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 95
10/15/2017 21:10:34   
Edme MacHeath

I gotta say the new burning blade of abezeth paired with an awe enhancement does wonders.

I'm able to hit over 90k alone with Chronocommander, I hit a 60k DoT with ShadowStalker.
Chaos Slayer can hit over 2k non crit autos that crit for over 6k. StoneCrusher is also much better. UEW is amazing too.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 10/15/2017 21:14:23 >
AQ  Post #: 96
10/15/2017 21:11:01   

Maybe VL has some unintended magic to it's auto?
AQW  Post #: 97
10/15/2017 21:29:25   
Edme MacHeath

Full Wizard gives the highest auto attack, so yeah.
I was correct earlier on auto attacks with awes though. The awe doesn't seem to proc except on the main monster you are targeting whether its a multi target auto or not. It doesn't seem to occur more often.

The passive doesn't work. Atleast it isn't 20% less crit chance. I used full wizard lvl 85 and no awe, and didn't use aspect of the bat, and I can still crit with both the auto and the Ghoul Gorge.
Given I had only 17% crit chance, that should be impossible. I own the royal version and when I first equipped it it didn't show it gaining class points so I had to reload, I really wanna know if there is a discrepancy between the royal and regular version.
I was also fighting the lvl 99 nothings...So the player vs monster value change wouldn't be any explanation here...

Also does sonar sense stack? It applies itself multiple times.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 10/15/2017 21:55:19 >
AQ  Post #: 98
10/16/2017 4:12:54   

The awe doesn't seem to proc except on the main monster you are targeting whether its a multi target auto or not

For me, Awe procs seems to target at random, mostly the enemy I am not targeting, oddly enough.

I have both RVL and VL and I haven't spotted any difference between the 2, at least in terms of damage numbers, which is to be expected.

There's other cases of non stacking buffs being applied multiple times, the only one I can think of at the top of my head right now is Dragonslayer General's Slayer's/Dragonslayer's Inspiration.
AQW  Post #: 99
10/16/2017 4:49:25   
Edme MacHeath

Well actually Abyssal Angel can apply Catalyst multiple times and it seems to atleast stack. Catalyst is a 20% Haste Buff.
Scarlet Sorceress is another one that can do it with multiple skills, it can apply Rehabilitation, Wrath of the Blood Mage and Hyperthermia multiple times.
DragonSlayer General's Slayer Inspiration applies multiple times.
Vampire Lord's Sonar Senses does aswell.

It seems tied to how many enemies are targeted with these abilities as it seems to apply once for each enemy.

I still can crit with less than 20% base crit chance which should mean I can't crit with the passive but I can still crit against the lvl 99 nothings in /nightmare. Again I'm not using aspect of the bat or awe enhances. I don't crit often with full wizard but I can crit.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 10/16/2017 4:50:21 >
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 28«<23456>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition