Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Design Notes October 10th, 2017 This Friday: Blood Moon Treasure Chest

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes October 10th, 2017 This Friday: Blood Moon Treasure Chest
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/10/2017 23:08:10   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

quote:

I just wish we can have a skill breakdown of the skills for Vampire Lord (VL) Class.
You probably can. Once the class is finalized.

Regarding the Blood Moon chest, keep in mind a couple things. First of all, it's coming out this Friday but has the gear from all 3 weeks of release, so you'll get to enjoy the gear sooner/longer than others if you get this. Secondly, nobody is forcing you to buy it. It is targeted at the people who like to buy most or all of the items from event shops like this, so they'll be able to get those items for a discounted price. There always seems to be this big outcry when things like this are released, probably partly because of the sticker shock. If you don't like it or don't want it, it's probably not targeted at you and you don't have to buy it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 26
10/11/2017 0:13:35   
flyingmongoose

The platitudes are fine and all but I know deep down in my heart this is aimed at the big guys, like the one who bought the Dragon King Chest for his 5 accounts and went around bragging about it.
AQW  Post #: 27
10/11/2017 0:30:53   
iDreadnaut

Am I the only one that doesn't care that the class is CC, simply because I, and probably most players, use an armor over any class 99.99999999% of the time? A CC version of the class's ARMOR item would be more appealing.
AQW  Post #: 28
10/11/2017 0:57:54   
LouisCyphere

@iDreadnaut:
You're not alone. I even rarely change my items since I like to set a theme and not change items every week because it's the trend.

Also, won't this mean that we're going to have 3 variants of VL?
The regular one, another variant with a different art and the CC variant.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/11/2017 1:49:21   
Jams Loyal Subject

quote:

0 AC Naval Commander Class update: For all our class collector completionists... we've got you covered! Next week, we'll add a chest in /pirates which will let heroes with either the Legendary or Heroic Naval Commander Classes unlock the 0 AC Naval Commander Class. (This item was temporarily removed while the Kaiju Naval Commander quest was reworked.)

Just gunna quote this from one of the DNs that I don't think is up.

This has got to be the most pointless idea I've seen. Looks like anyone whose a legend and buys the NC Class can use it forever. Those with the rare 0 AC Version have got nothing different than what all legends will have this time next year.

Yet when I suggest for an item thats actually hard to obtain to become free player ac, it gets ignored... *cough* Lightguardian Spirit Blade *cough*

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
10/11/2017 2:58:57   
flyingmongoose

Member class-->Get class
AC class-->Get class

Making a member item into a free player item in no way correlates to that so you might want to make your post a little clearer next time.

So you're trying to get it moved into AC as well? (I didn't see AC when I read it)
I think thats a harder run than just making it non legend.

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 10/11/2017 3:11:10 >
AQW  Post #: 31
10/11/2017 3:06:30   
Jams Loyal Subject

@flyingmongoose

The DNs say if you have either version you'll unlock the quest for the 0 AC Version.

I.e. if you have the Legendary Version, you can effectively get the class for free to store forever (as you unlock a quest for a 0 AC Version)

Sorry if my post didn't explain that too well.

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
10/11/2017 5:41:35   
paskyfer007

10k ACs? Wow AQW becomes crazy. I really wish it won't be coming in next event.
What's next? 10k ACs New Year Chest?
Post #: 33
10/11/2017 7:59:30   
RKC

Who falls for this 10k DC gimmick they are trying to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
10/11/2017 8:10:09   
xstreamshadow

well, in all fairness, if you want the items anyway, it's a good deal. plus color custom classes don't come often, only other one is probably prismatic clawsuit
AQW  Post #: 35
10/11/2017 8:40:26   
Metakirby

Shaman and Evo Shaman are fully CC (excluding some rock features).
ToH has 2 CC parts, which are both pretty substantial for the overall look.
Dragon Shinobi has some small CC parts.
BMA/LBMA has a color custom lightning effect on the wrist.
Oracle has some CC markings all over it's body.
Archfiend is fully CC.
CardClasher is fully CC

It's not THAT uncommon, but I guess of all the classes I mentioned, only 4 are worth using and still available.

@RKC
As Asuka explained on the first page.
quote:

This is for those who bulk buy all the gear as they are saving price on everything, getting some exclusive as a ways of thanks as well and have some left over

Wheter or not I agree with making exclusive items only available in the chest, that's another story.

Also, if it is really "12.5k ACs worth of gear", that means you technically get more worth, since the base price for buying all the items separately is 12.5k, without exclusives, or am I missing something?

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 10/11/2017 14:50:42 >
AQW  Post #: 36
10/11/2017 9:09:46   
axell5

^ I believe so
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/11/2017 10:19:54   
Beshin Adin

I hope they dont make Solani the bad girl, and this becomes a Solani vs Safiria war. Ideally, I wish it to be a United Darkovia vs Infernals war
AQ AQW  Post #: 38
10/11/2017 12:03:45   
Evallis

I'll more than likely cash out the 10K AC's if I like the house enough. I hope it's big. I have a lot of the Rare/AC houses, but I'm still looking for that one that really says this is the home of a Lord. Safiria's Castle comes close.
AQ AQW  Post #: 39
10/11/2017 14:16:32   
Loftyz

I like the 10k chests, but beware, variant-class collectors and badge collectors. It's a tentative must-buy item for them. I'm not so sure about loading heaps of exclusive items/rewards into these "discount for bulk-buyers" chests, but it's good to see AE try more monetising.

Hoping that the cutscenes will be longer (more text, not fancy effects). I really think that people enjoy the +10minute pure exposition and narrative-building of ToD cutscenes just as much as they enjoy the "heavily animated chaos final" kind of stuff.

I just don't think Vampires are particularly interesting. We all know the basic concepts of vampires, and aqw didn't really put anything new or interesting on the table. They just vampired around and did vampire things like fighting werewolves (who were also particularly uninteresting). I am hoping there is some relation to the story (what does Safiria think of Chaos and Drakath, what would Drakath do if she resurrects, will she hold a grudge against a certain Lord of Chaos for her death, will she ally against QoM, or with her?!, etc).
AQW  Post #: 40
10/11/2017 15:44:07   
flyingmongoose

This event will come with surfboards

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 10/14/2017 17:15:58 >
AQW  Post #: 41
10/11/2017 16:38:54   
Jams Loyal Subject

@flyingmknggoose

Soz I haven't had a chance to respond until now.

I suggested it around the time this was done. Figured it'd been done before, why not again?

~Lotal.

< Message edited by Jams Loyal Subject -- 10/11/2017 16:39:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
10/11/2017 17:25:11   
Silver Sky Magician

I don't understand how some people seem unhappy with the idea of choice.
Epic  Post #: 43
10/11/2017 17:56:23   
iDreadnaut

They'd just need to change the Magic Treasure Chest a bit XD
AQW  Post #: 44
10/11/2017 20:16:03   
Martin901

Greetings.

Seeing the type of event that is, the birthday of AQW, I do not think a bad idea to create a gift box, you still have to look for other ways to finance, although 10K seems a little high.

What if I do not like is that I hope it does not happen (is that each event will begin to include boxes of 10 K of ACS), because thus loses the grace for some in my case that can not get ACS by way of payment and has to depend on the ACs Ballyhoo.

To the only events that I see value to do this kind of thing is Christmas, the birthday of the game and the new year, the rest would seem more just things to spend.

In order to do it only for important events.

I still can't say much because I'm not the one who spends it.

I hope this event is good, it looks interesting but everything will be known the day I go out to see if the story catches or not.

See ya.
AQW  Post #: 45
10/12/2017 11:43:58   
Rtkat3

If Voltaire and One-Eyed Doll are going to be in the same release, maybe they can do a duet. The last time they were in the same release was in George Lowe's ghost stories.
AQ  Post #: 46
10/12/2017 21:59:35   
flyingmongoose

Vampire Lord does not require rep

Class breakdown will be posted tomorrow. No daily quests either which was fear from some.
It was mentioned procurement will be like Dragon Shinobi or Chunin so I expect a merge shop

MERGE SHOP MADNESS!1!

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 10/12/2017 23:06:39 >
AQW  Post #: 47
10/12/2017 22:14:18   
teravor

@surfboards: I HAVE SEVERAL QUESTIONS

@^: I like this revelation very much.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
10/13/2017 3:22:52   
Foulman

Aww, I like dailies
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
10/13/2017 12:23:04   
zanathos

Noticed they still haven't mentioned whether they're going to continue the Years Played/Membership and AC rewards this year, I hope for the years played they just add some new items to Nostalgia Quest (Dark Ranger Hood PLS)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes October 10th, 2017 This Friday: Blood Moon Treasure Chest
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition