Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

No Friday the 13th War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> No Friday the 13th War
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2017 16:08:07   
Lineolata

Dove has confirmed that there will be no Friday the 13th war this time. Personally, I'm a bit let down and I kinda wish this would've been mentioned earlier. Still, even though the tradition's always been fun, I'm sure whatever's been developed to replace it will be enjoyable. What about you guys?
AQ DF  Post #: 1
10/11/2017 16:23:33   
elixxon

"Tsundere with a DAAAAAARK Stare" haven't attained enough DOOOOOOOM yet to be Seppy again so no one to harass us at the 13th...
DF  Post #: 2
10/11/2017 18:02:37   
Rio3678

Considering all those previous Friday the 13ths were centered around the Calamity Saga, which is now over, they probably need a break from crazy Friday the 13th wars.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/11/2017 18:20:37   
Silver Sky Magician

You know that poor pathetic necromancer we helped Ash beat up on Mother's Day? This Friday the 13th we should make it up to him by helping him find parts for his necromantic minions. How's that for a change?
Epic  Post #: 4
10/11/2017 18:56:06   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

honestly, i doubt he wat's to become seppy again, considering he wants to wage a one-man war of revenge against the mysterious stranger, and by extension, doom.

and honestly, i'm perfectly fine with there being no friday the 13 war this time around. i'm just finally getting used to the fact that the LAST one is over(seriously, it still feels like the black winter was only last month for me, even though it's been almost an entire year since we finished it).
DF  Post #: 5
10/11/2017 19:10:38   
rater202

The twitter says that Mogloween is starting with a Joint Theme, like AQC and AQW.

AQC has octomber dedicated to Revamping Werewolf and Vampire subraces and a New Vampire/Werewolf War starts on thr 31st.

AQW has the calendar, starting this week and going to the end of the month, dedicated to a war in Darkovia.

If the theme is consistent, then Mogloween this year will have something to do with Vampires and Werewolves.

I think that's worth forgoing our traditional undead invasion. PArticularly since most of those were performed or backed by a Cult that we just finished routing.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
10/11/2017 21:03:01   
Flabagast

^ True that. I suspect that the spooky aura of Friday the 13th is still recovering from the major whooping it received in January.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
10/11/2017 22:04:09   
1997p3

Aww, shucks, I was hoping to be able to grind some DMs out
AQ MQ  Post #: 8
10/11/2017 22:28:51   
GammaCavy

1997, you could go grind in older wars. Personally, I'm relieved that there won't be that pressure this week. My life is disrupted enough by the California wildfires and a sever termite problem that fighting would be made difficult, but I'd feel horrible at staying out of the war.
DF  Post #: 9
10/11/2017 23:04:32   
LouisCyphere

You can't grind DMs in old wars. They don't drop DMs now.
The only way you can get DMs besides participating in an on-going war is doing Fires Over Oaklore quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/11/2017 23:46:07   
GammaCavy

I didn't realize you couldn't get DM's from old wars anymore. Last time I checked, you could still get them from the Save Moonridge war, because they were making it hard to farm undead slayer badges for my death knight armor. I guess things have changed since then.
DF  Post #: 11
10/12/2017 0:46:45   
Nessa Ellensse

I don't remember the last friday 13th war I partidipated in.
AQ DF  Post #: 12
10/12/2017 1:50:59   
Zekrom5

Frankly, I am quite displeased with this decision. That is most likely a first for me, almost always I give my full support to anything the devs says or does. But this timeÖ Iím going to complain a bit.

I had longed for this war sinceÖ a few days after the last one ended. In my opinion two wars a year is too few, Iíd rather have something along the lines of three to four ones evenly spaced out over the year. Because of that, I had actually hoped to get one or two wars before now.

However, I certainly do not think that something like the calamity war should be done every war or even every year. That level of ambition should be saved for very special occasions. If we would actually get three to four wars a year, I would be entirely fine with one or two of them having the ambition level of a filler quest, if that was what was needed to make them happen. I actually think that one or two of them should be like that, to make the really ambitious ones still stand out. Also, to not burn out the warmongers, maybe those filler wars should only have one or two million waves? If so, Iíd be totally fine with that.

One problem with the last few wars has been that all of them have been fighting the undead. That has gotten quite old by now, IMO. I guess it is possible that the staff donít plan to make fewer wars, just move them away from the F13s to give them more creative freedom. I still donít think that would be a totally good idea anyway, but itís nowhere near as bad as outright decreasing the number of wars even more. Problem one with this is that it is unnecessary. The book two wars showed that we donít have to fight undead to make it an F13 war. But the real problem is that it makes wars lose their predictability, which can be quite important for something that can be such a big undertaking like DF Warmongering can be.

TL;DR: I want more wars. They donít all have to be very ambitious, but Iíd really like three to four wars every year.
DF  Post #: 13
10/12/2017 3:11:23   
Lord Run

i have a name to the enemie of this year my guess is Zorbak!
Post #: 14
10/12/2017 8:39:04   
LouisCyphere

So does that mean, we're going to explore more of vampires and werewolves in DF?

Like with others, I would like to have a war too. I even bought Elemental Unity.
Ironically, DF is the only one with out a war. AQ, AQW and AQ3D will have wars.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
10/12/2017 9:25:32   
Baron Dante

Well uh, on one hand, I don't mind NOT having a war, since uh, I spend entirely too much time on those.
On the other hand, I very much expected that, and for the sake of spending entirely too much time on them, I declined my chance for a vacation, so...

Not that I mind, I'll have the chance to do other things during the weekend now :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/12/2017 12:42:55   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

I'll be honest; I kinda wish we got a war since they tend to be a rare thing nowadays, even more rare since they only seem to happen on Friday the 13ths.

DF AQW  Post #: 17
10/12/2017 12:45:37   
Solargeo

i am fine with no war. i meant if they have a plan to make a few quests and spit like two or three out at once that would be almost as agood as a war for a few of you?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/12/2017 13:09:00   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Okaaaaay... we'll see if we can do a war this Mogloween, geeeez! :P
But not this week.
DF  Post #: 19
10/12/2017 13:13:00   
Solargeo

@Tomix XD Why not make it a that is more of a challange, aka more of a war that has nothing happen but not getting a special reward if we lose?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/12/2017 13:29:18   
Baron Dante

Tomix: I kinda like the idea that we deal with whatever Mogloween is about, and out of nowhere there's just... a war of highly non-threatening SOMETHING out there. Just to kinda highlight the point that there wasn't supposed to be a war :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
10/12/2017 13:30:49   
Solargeo

ANd it sorta does lighten the load i believe in making the war. @baron thanks for the support.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/12/2017 13:35:40   
Zekrom5

@Tomix: Thank you! =D
DF  Post #: 23
10/12/2017 13:42:02   
LouisCyphere

@Tomix:
We could always have a light-hearted war. Just to cool down from the whole Calamity Saga.
Considering the lack of wars from the past months, people are starved for DMs.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 10/12/2017 13:45:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
10/12/2017 13:49:36   
Solargeo

@Louis I sorta suggested that. XD great minds think alike?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> No Friday the 13th War
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition