Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

unapricated hero

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> unapricated hero
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/12/2017 15:48:36   
Lord Run

ya they all say thank you but do they give us any thing for what we did for them? here is a list of few dragonfable characters that was no ungrateful sons of a gun.

-Robina:all our gold all thanks to her she put it on the monsters basically she is the one who paying us for the job every gold coin you get from a none humanoid creature is thanks to her.
-inn keepers in general:free food free place to sleep at.
-Celectia:free dragon lord basic armor and the most powerful dragon in the world.
-potion makers in general:free potions.
-Moglins of frostvally.

so what do we learn from that?
other then few characters every body are ungrateful sons of a gun specially the peoples of Falconranch becouse we tends to save that city 30 times more then any other city.

Post #: 1
10/12/2017 16:48:58   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Hero who expects recompensation for their selfless actions is no hero!
DF  Post #: 2
10/12/2017 16:55:09   
Alli

I agree that perhaps we deserve more reward for our actions but indeed, we should not expect it. if it happens fine, if it doesn't, eh.
Post #: 3
10/12/2017 17:11:18   
elixxon

You know the saying.
There are no heroes, just people doing the good thing. ;)
DF  Post #: 4
10/12/2017 19:12:11   
Sakurai the Cursed

Indeed, we'd just be a mercenary at that point.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/13/2017 12:58:40   
elixxon

Well the Hero is more than a mercenary. They offer help to anyone readily and it is very rare when payment is ever mentioned at all.

It's an other question if the Hero is waaay too eager to help for their own good. ;D

< Message edited by elixxon -- 10/13/2017 12:59:06 >
DF  Post #: 6
10/13/2017 14:08:06   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

that's sakurai's point. the hero ISN'T a mecenary. they don't expect a reward for the good they do(at least, they haven't for a long time now).
DF  Post #: 7
10/13/2017 22:00:36   
Dark Lord Urmi

This is why i never play as 100% good guys they get walked on all the time may as well rename them doormat. the neutral path is where it's at especially chaotic neutral.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
10/16/2017 12:56:46   
Lord Run

naa chaotic neutral is just a bandit,as for the hero not ask for reword? that so ain't true many heroes ask for rewords i mean come on there is a thine line between hero and a zero in that case
and the hero indid asked for munny in the past for example the bounty hunt you get from Robina and going to the bandit camp and in the end get extra gold for capturing a famouse bandit
i think the hero need more appreciation i don't know what with you guys but if a guy that saved the world like 25 times wouled ask for a reword i wouledn't say he is ain't a hero the fect that he ask for a statue or a little prize dosen't diminish his heroism just just makes him a bit more selfish and human.
i think great deeds deserves great rewords you know equivalent exchange,what can you rely say that a guy who saved the world like 10 times and will ask for a statue and one day of holiday of appreciation is not a hero? even mothers get one day of appreciation.

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/16/2017 13:00:53 >
Post #: 9
10/16/2017 13:33:54   
elixxon

Even if there is a bounty it just serves as a mark for what villain needs to be taken down for the Hero. That bounty hunting quest was from the time when DF was more like a sandbox adventure RPG than more of a story driven RPG it is now.

The Hero is basically the "very close to the ever so unattainable absolute good" character. Having no drive for money(financial reward is never mentioned and literally there are several quests where you are just walking by huge piles of gold and treasure UNABLE to even interact with it), ALWAYS helps out ANYONE, etc.
This kind of character is the selfless hero of fables who although gets rewarded in the end they did everything for the good of their hearts and never for the intention to get rewarded. The Hero's pure good is of course opposed by the overwhelming absolute evil of the antagonists.

< Message edited by elixxon -- 10/16/2017 13:35:06 >
DF  Post #: 10
10/16/2017 14:46:31   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi

good really isn't a "doormat". especially if you're going by d&d alignments, which your use of chaotic neutral implies you are. for example, neutral good is someone who works to bring equal joy and benefits to all, and while they prefer to work within the law, they aren't afraid to break laws if the feel that said laws are holding back their ability to serve their cause; meanwhile, chaotic good has the same goal as neutral good, but will actively go out of their way to break whatever laws there are to fullfill it. the only "good" that is truly a doormat is lawful good(in fact lawful in general would be the "doormat alignment" really, as they ALL strictly follow some sort of code of honor that binds what they do. even lawful evil).
DF  Post #: 11
10/17/2017 6:14:59   
Dark Lord Urmi

chaotic neutral is considered the self interest alignment for a reason and in the games i've played in it represented true freedom of character, unpredictable and selfish sure but at least you get the freedom to decide what you want to do.

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions.

Also Bandits are chaotic evil.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 10/17/2017 6:15:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
10/20/2017 20:22:57   
Lord Run

no Urmi Chaotic evil are destroyers crazy bunch the type of guys that destroy kingdoms just for the fun of it without any real reason in a total random ways not for munny or glory but for the adrenaline and enjoyment and they don't mind being destroyed they will just destroy and destroy untill they will be destroyed and they might even enjoy being destroyed chaotic evil is an insain random murderer that murder with no real reason.
bandits are not evil they are netuaral they don't care about good or evil and care about profite to live a better life and doing that by brakeing the law so they are netural chaotic.
good and evil is a scale that symbolize your cause and chaotic vs order symbolize if you do your cause by the law or against the law like Robin Hood he was good chaotic,his cause was good but he did it by braking the law.

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 10/20/2017 20:29:56 >
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> unapricated hero
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition