Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

News on Shadow Walker of Time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> News on Shadow Walker of Time
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/2/2017 23:19:29   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Just to drop by and tell that this friday, November 3rd, ShadowWalker of Time is confirmed to go on DA testing!!!

Source

To those in need to catch up:
Animation preview

Design Notes with Skills Preview

And because I'm the happiest idiot today...
Me, right now.

(hope I'm not breaking any rule with this thread xD)
DF AQW  Post #: 1
11/2/2017 23:22:49   
Dark Lord Urmi

There is also a new mysterious mechanic that has been added cant wait!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
11/2/2017 23:25:28   
GammaCavy

Wohoo! I can't wait!
DF  Post #: 3
11/2/2017 23:28:09   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi

that's probably just the shadow charges.
DF  Post #: 4
11/2/2017 23:37:59   
LouisCyphere

Additional notes:
Weapons that we equipped will be duplicated. Like having two staves at once.
Helms and Capes will be shown but covered in shadows (I guess we can also hide them)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/3/2017 0:09:18   
Corverous

Is there a specific time theme that the class follows?
Post #: 6
11/3/2017 0:23:38   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ just time in general like the others. the deepest theme i can think of is time echos.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 11/3/2017 0:30:03 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
11/3/2017 1:41:14   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Usualy Tomix sticks with the pure concept of Time, plus some neat ideas like making ChronoZ inspired in Megaman Battle Network, a franchise Tomix is quite fond of, but in some cases he follows the theme from AQWorlds, which is the first game to release the calendar classes. While he had some freedom on timekiller, ChronoZ, Avatar of Time and Archivist, this year he followed the same class as AQWorlds. (and even the Avatar of time had those horns added because he was asked to make the class more draconic-looking)
DF AQW  Post #: 8
11/3/2017 4:13:49   
Baron Dante

I'm curious if the class can activate on-Button weapon specials.
I'm pretty sure the last few Calendar classes couldn't do that (Also SnugglePanda, which just makes me a sad, but I digress)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/3/2017 4:32:06   
Greyor_42

quote:

Is there a specific time theme that the class follows?
quote:

just time in general like the others. the deepest theme i can think of is time echos.

umm, didn't verly already say that the theme is jumping in and out of the shadows to build up power?
DF  Post #: 10
11/3/2017 5:48:33   
Dark Lord Urmi

he is asking thematically greyor like the astigad questline (if i spelled that right) representing specific emotions not what it literally does XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
11/3/2017 6:01:16   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi

ah, well, in that case, i'm going to go by what archivist us said, and say that shadow walker of time represents the edgier timelines(the ones where everyone on lore is edgy as all jazz).
DF  Post #: 12
11/3/2017 15:04:52   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@Dante all classes that have the weapon appearing can. What makes these clickable weapons a hassle are the classes that hide'em like Avatar of Time and SW.
DF AQW  Post #: 13
11/3/2017 16:14:46   
Baron Dante

@ergotth: I don't think I mentioned clickable weapons?
Because I'm pretty sure there are multiple classes that don't, in fact get on-Attack button Specials despite having the weapons.
SnugglePanda is a prime example that baffles me as to why it doesn't seem to have that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/5/2017 15:46:15   
blueiceyboyz

Hey beautiful people!! About Shadow Walker of Time, I LOVE it!!! The attack and defense are reasonable and did not find myself complaining about it! So close to save but reminded myself that it is only a test! I love of how it covers hairstyle and weapon duplicate! I was wondering...how did you get long hair?! Plus for Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals, does it reveal two different elements attacks: like I choose water while other is a fire...? Does it work that way or only one direct way?

< Message edited by blueiceyboyz -- 11/5/2017 16:14:21 >
DF AQW  Post #: 15
11/5/2017 16:19:25   
Greyor_42

@bleiceyboyz

quote:

Plus for Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals, does it reveal two different elements attacks: like I choose water while other is a fire...?

it only uses the element for the last one you clicked. so if the first one you did was fire, and then you made the other one water afterwards, it will just do water.

quote:

how did you get long hair?!

tomix has said already that the awesome hair will be a helm that is released once the class "goes golden".
DF  Post #: 16
11/5/2017 16:50:34   
blueiceyboyz

@Greyor_42

My fault for not paying enough attention and thank you!!
DF AQW  Post #: 17
11/8/2017 15:06:38   
Vaalintine

The spinning weapon bit I don't like honestly, because it makes it impossible to switch elements on my scythe
Post #: 18
11/8/2017 17:50:56   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Hey, we have plans to address the spinning weapon stuff, don't worry!
AQ MQ  Post #: 19
11/8/2017 19:15:53   
Conadetrion

I LOVE the new changes. I still see my character being forced out ov umbra when he clearly is still in it so i kno that therese still some changes that are goin to be made but this is a huge upgrade right now. I was able to finish certain challenges I couldnt finish before without them
I cant wait until its actual release
DF MQ  Post #: 20
11/8/2017 19:45:06   
Da Awesomancer

Hey Verly, now that Phantom Hit is on the left side of the SWoT skillset, it causes your character to appear as though they're in Umbral Form after use. Just thought I'd let you know.
[EDIT] It goes back to normal after a new animation occurs fro your character, both in terms of skill use or taking damage.
[Edit2] It also doesn't build Shadow Charges (dunno if that's intentional or not).

< Message edited by Da Awesomancer -- 11/8/2017 19:53:04 >
DF AQW  Post #: 21
11/8/2017 22:12:57   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Yep, made some adjustments so the animations all match up things but the effects should be the new ones.
AQ MQ  Post #: 22
11/9/2017 0:18:44   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

"Removed notifications for shadows growing."
THANK YOU!!!

By the way, were people complaining about the stun icon spinning? I confess I kinda liked that xD Unless it caused some kind of UI issue or lag, having the icons animated is a nice touch.

< Message edited by ergotth -- 11/9/2017 0:23:31 >
DF AQW  Post #: 23
11/9/2017 9:27:25   
Monkey3r

Whats everyone's thoughts, the second weapon is aesthetically changing appearance when you have weapons equipped i'e (Chained Blaze) or (UDA Scythe of Elementals/ DDA Scythe of Elementals) so what about possibly wielding two elements at once? thoughts?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
11/9/2017 11:49:04   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@monkey
I'm not sure DF is able to handle dual-element attacks. That might require a huge amount of work with the base structure.
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> News on Shadow Walker of Time
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition