Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: News on Shadow Walker of Time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: News on Shadow Walker of Time
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/9/2017 19:21:14   
Monkey3r

@Ergotth, yeah i know it'd be alot of work, i was just speculating an idea i thought interesting
we can dream right haha
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
11/9/2017 23:14:04   
Kyros127

@Monkey3r

Isn't wielding two elements at once kinda pointless though (at least in terms of gameplay). If the enemy has a elemental weakness you want to hit it with the element it's weak to and only with the element it's weak to. Now if an enemy has 2 or more elemental weaknesses one e.g. say -20 water and -40 ice your still only going to want to hit it with the element it's most vulnerable too in order to maximize damage output.

If the elements had a chance of applying DoT's, status effects or debuffs, say hypothetically all fire element attacks have a 25% of inflicting burning, ice attacks has a 15% inflicting a one turn freeze, energy has a 15% chance of paralysis etc, in that scenario I could see why wielding 2 elements would be a viable option but based on how the battle system currently works there's really no point.

< Message edited by Kyros127 -- 11/9/2017 23:55:17 >
Post #: 27
11/9/2017 23:16:57   
Greyor_42

^that too.
DF  Post #: 28
11/21/2017 18:51:24   
AutumnOnFire

Does anyone know the ETA for the class? It's not coming with the 2018 calendar is it? They said the Epoch class is coming with it.
DF  Post #: 29
11/21/2017 19:14:18   
Dark Lord Urmi

there is never an eta. the 2018 calendar is epoch 2017 is shadow walker and it will probably be done before 2018.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
11/21/2017 19:18:10   
cltjames

I asked Verlyrus on Twitter about switching the animations for Decay and Phantom hit (seeing as they switched the effects and the animations were clearly designed for certain effects eg. any of SWoT's stuns) and he said due to Tomix's workload, animations will unlikely be changed at this point. I haven't got an ETA yet presumably because it's still in beta. I won't be surprised if it's another year before SWoT is completely finished, what with announcing the 2018 calendar class when 2017's class isn't even finished.
Post #: 31
11/22/2017 3:46:41   
Baron Dante

@cltjames: That's kinda dubious logic.
Seeing how the animations are unlikely to be changed, Tomix doesn't have much to do with SWoT anymore. He is, as such, free to work on things that are not SWoT, like Epoch.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/22/2017 23:37:42   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@Dante
I don't think you would need help from the animator to just switch two animations from their skills.

@CLTjames
the calendars and their prizes are always announced on the last 3 months of the year prior to them, it's only LOGICAL you buy the calendar before the year starts so you have all the 365 days to fill in the page. Plus, due team size and such, Dragonfable is the only game that finishes the calendar classes at the end of their respective year, AQWorlds is right now finishing the 2018 calendar class while DF just finished the 2017, meaning when it comes to these classes, we are kinda one class behind. (although we still have one calendar class a year and it's always worth the wait, I don't give two shadow craps if SWoT is the 2017, 2018 or 2490 calendar class, it's awesome and I love it!)
DF AQW  Post #: 33
11/23/2017 5:12:05   
cltjames

@Baron Dante I assume the logic you disagree with is towards the " I won't be surprised if it's another year before SWoT is completely finished, what with announcing the 2018 calendar class when 2017's class isn't even finished" remark as the point about animation was very sound.

quote:

Seeing how the animations are unlikely to be changed, Tomix doesn't have much to do with SWoT anymore. He is, as such, free to work on things that are not SWoT, like Epoch.

My point exactly. It leaves SWoT a patch job on the backburner, as opposed to making a Decay animation that works with Umbra, instead of lazily switching just the effects and not the animations designed for them. We're talking about a class that hasn't even been beta for a month and was advertised as a 2017 class. It's almost 2018 and they're grabbing attention with the Epoch class when the last calendar class is the one that needs it.

@ergotth I'm aware of reasonable release dates for calendar classes, my point is their workload is affecting the quality and time they put into some of their projects. The size of their team and the age of the game are good reasons when it comes to things like Fleshweaver, Chaosweaver, and other projects that aren't monetized. It's not acceptable to charge money for something, not release it for almost a year, then do a haphazard job on certain parts due to workload problems that frankly are not the consumers concern. I've played this game off an on for almost a decade now, mainly due to nostalgia at this point, and lately it's becoming more about quantity than quality. I'd hate to see SWoT's workload related issues snowball into Epoch and so forth.

< Message edited by cltjames -- 11/23/2017 5:14:10 >
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: News on Shadow Walker of Time
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition