Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: News on Shadow Walker of Time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: News on Shadow Walker of Time
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/4/2017 12:49:05   
samusside

I have been reading this forum and the problem I have with the armor is the defense and health part. Why does the defense take shadows when you do not need them in the first place? (Velo de la Sombra) Could the shadows not add to defense or the length of the move?
And I think the health should not take so long to regenerate if you do not have a full set of shadows. less cooldown for less shadows.
Post #: 51
12/4/2017 13:07:04   
Greyor_42

@samusside

considering how ridiculous its offensive potential already is, adding more to its defenses than it already has would be complete overkill(at that point, it would basically be a tier 4 hybrid class, as opposed to a tier 3.5 hyper-offensive, which is what it's supposed to be. and the staff has already said that they won't be making anymore tier 4 classes). besides, the shield and heal are supposed to be "panic buttons", like the ranger's defensive skills. that's why the shield uses up all the charges, and the heal has a long cooldown(which still isn't as long as the class's nuke skill, AND gets reset when you finish a battle).
DF  Post #: 52
12/4/2017 18:49:07   
samusside

point taken. I just don't understand why the shield option takes shadows when it does not need them in the first place.
Post #: 53
12/4/2017 22:20:03   
Greyor_42

^same reason ranger's avoidance skill takes ranger focus. it's specifically meant to be a panic button, as in "drop everything and defend like your entire existence depends on it!!!"
DF  Post #: 54
12/5/2017 3:08:24   
asgaron

My issue is you can build to stats to a point where u just auto dodge when u enter shadow mode so yeh why need to sheild urself infact when u dont have shadows and use the class the class still dodged it parrys with some health taken but hardly any thing significant i dodge all of legion crawlers attacks 4 times in a row being 4 different turns through correct stats gear and stuff from the class so that sheild stuff is a pain to see kind off anyway

ALSO I WANT TO SEE A PREVIEW OF THE ITEMS GOING TO BE ADDED IN CYSERO SHOP I KNOW THEY'RE THERE BUT NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THEM LIKE WHAAAAA?!
Post #: 55
12/5/2017 6:15:21   
Greyor_42

@asgaron, they're in the concept art. we've already seen them.
DF  Post #: 56
12/6/2017 1:51:43   
samusside

Why did they take away the DOT the Impaling hands. Is the ability to good or the class to good?
Post #: 57
12/6/2017 16:54:25   
Dark Lord Urmi

its the same amount of damage the dot would have done except all at once frankly i find it better this way.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
12/6/2017 23:31:26   
Sakurai the Cursed

It's objectively better, since the DoT didn't take stat damage into account and took longer to deal its full damage. So it does more total damage in just 1 turn now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
12/7/2017 9:50:27   
123456aq

THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WITH 0 CLUE WHAT BALANCE IS but this class isnt as "hyper offensive" as I PERSONALLY was expecting considering kathool adept can hit hard and thats the most "hyper offensive" class I have thought of to fit that role which is kinda what i was expecting but its sadly not that atm. My major issues becides that is the heal which is on a 30 turn CD for either a 20% heal or 60% heal and if your in that "panic" situation a 20% heal and removing all shadows will not be helping you out especially when you have no defenses to speak of its damage really could use some increase somehow. As of now you might aswell use cryptic and get that high consistent damage while getting 2 different +defense skills and a -60 blind. I hope it either gets some different skills or some passive like cryptic/ascendant to really hammer in that hyper offense.
Post #: 60
12/7/2017 11:44:51   
Greyor_42

@123456aq

SWoT is definitely hyper offensive. it can deal a very large amount of damage in a very short period of time, assuming you know the right skill rotation for the fight. in fact, any more offensive power than it currently has, and it'd be encroaching in tier 4 territory of destructive power(as some people have already stated).

also, you seem to not quite understand how the heal skill works. it heals 20% of your health per shadow charge it consumes. and "no defenses to speak of"? a 3 turn +180 to B/P/D skill, and the +45 M/P/M passive from being in umbral form would beg to differ. and that fact that those three things are the only defenses that this class has is actually exactly what MAKES it hyper offensive in the first place, as it focuses ENTIRELY on offensive power.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/7/2017 11:45:49 >
DF  Post #: 61
12/7/2017 14:39:27   
samusside

Something else I do not understand is why the Eternity Ray has such a long cooldown and running over cooldown (if that's the correct term). It does nothing more special than the Shadow People but more hits. Does it have a special affect that I do not see or is it just because of how the developers made it.
Post #: 62
12/7/2017 16:34:38   
Sakurai the Cursed

Eternity Ray is 500% damage, Shadow People is 333%, that's all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
12/7/2017 17:08:54   
Zeldax

@Sakurai the Cursed
333% and 500% with crit factored in already or no?

< Message edited by Zeldax -- 12/7/2017 17:09:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
12/7/2017 17:12:44   
Greyor_42

^pretty sure that's before the crit multiplier gets factored in, because i don't think that 700(the average my shadow people deals on enemies with a resistance of 0 towards my weapons element) is only 333% of 117(my weapon's maximum damage after STR and LUK are applied).

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/7/2017 17:13:47 >
DF  Post #: 65
12/7/2017 22:28:43   
123456aq

@Greyor_42 To me it just doesnt seem to work as expected I guess its more consistent for sure compared to KA but it definately doesnt do more unless your using both nukes one of which is on an insane global cooldown. Also having the heal scale doesnt help if you come out of umbra in any way whatsoever because if your that low on HP you most likely came out of umbra and need some sustain which makes it having a 30 turn CD a terribad idea. Hopefully either the CD will change or the heal wont scale or take shadows for a realistic cooldown.

I just criticize this class out of respect and wishes for the best I'm sorry I sound really ignorant but this is just my opinion on it as it stands

< Message edited by 123456aq -- 12/7/2017 22:30:40 >
Post #: 66
12/8/2017 2:24:12   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Zeldax - No. Crit damage is variable, so that depends on the player.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
12/8/2017 16:05:16   
samusside

I agree with you. I said earlier in here that the heal should have less of a cooldown if you have less shadows. There shouldn't be a reason that for 20% there is such a long cooldown. The more shadows the longer the cooldown. Someone else pointed to the fact that the point of it is a panic move, however it shouldn't take so long for you to heal another 20% if you have that many shadows before your next heal. The necromancer's healing abilities are better and recover faster and the pyromancer has a shorter cooldown for Warmth that heals mana and health. The mana cost should be more of the panic solution to the move not the shadows.
Post #: 68
12/8/2017 16:26:47   
Greyor_42

@samusside

you know why necromancer and pyromancer have better heals? they're defensive classes. their whole THING is survivability. SWoT is an OFFENSIVE class. its entire focus is on dealing damage before the enemy can damage you in turn. hece "hyper-offensive". the fact that it has a heal skill at ALL as a purely offensive class is enough. THAT is why the heal is a panic move. you sacrifice time that you could be damaging the opponent to keep yourself alive for just a bit longer. just like ranger, which i mentioned before. ranger's heal ALSO gives up the bonus thingy, as does its shield, and its heal ALSO has an incredibly long cooldown.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/8/2017 16:29:59 >
DF  Post #: 69
12/8/2017 20:34:20   
samusside

What makes the doom knight's heal not take as long then? Or is it because it is a tier 4?
Post #: 70
12/8/2017 20:46:09   
Greyor_42

^ probably the tier 4 thing. that and it doesn't heal as much as either ranger or SWoT can(the only classes i know of that can heal as much or more than them are either pure defensive classes, or have some sort of condition for the heal, like needing buildup to get it, or healing both you AND the enemy to full, or having an insanely long cooldown that persists between battles).
DF  Post #: 71
12/8/2017 20:49:53   
Baron Dante

^Basically that, yes. DoomKnight is generally not a good comparison for anything, even the new version.
But yeah, it's not that SWoT heal in itself is necessarily a panic button, but the ones with less Shadows needed are.
Ideally, you never end in a situation where you have to use the 20% and 40% heals. Sometimes you do, and then you can use that as a sub-par move to bail you out. I actually quite like that, it gives the move a bit of a strategic timing to it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
12/8/2017 20:51:16   
samusside

It heals a lot if you do corruption, Drain essence- the red orb attack, and then carve. I cost a lot of mana to do, which I'm fine with that, But it can heal much better and more efficiently. I am coming with my thoughts because I always use the doom knight and since it is the hyper offensive armor I don't like the mechanic of the SwoT healing.
Post #: 73
12/9/2017 6:25:06   
doomtown

When will the Chest of Time and Shadows open? What is it that we exactly waiting for now?
Post #: 74
12/9/2017 6:57:09   
LouisCyphere

There's still some bugs in SWoT's Shadow Charges mechanics.
So, it probably won't be released yet until those bugs are fixed.

While DAs can use the class now (with aforementioned bugs), they just can't save it. They probably can via Orb of Saving but it will bug your character.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: News on Shadow Walker of Time
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition