Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes November 3: Blood Moon Challenges, SWoT DA testing, and more!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes November 3: Blood Moon Challenges, SWoT DA testing, and more!
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/9/2017 22:39:29   
Greyor_42

@citjames the animation for phantom hit requires you to be in umbral form for it to even do. and decay requires you to NOT be in umbral form for the animation. also, verly HAD switch the animations, but chose to switch them back.
DF  Post #: 176
11/10/2017 11:51:36   
cltjames

@Verlyrus Chronic Lock still takes me out of Umbra. Eternal Ray has a ridiculous cooldown (can we cut that in half; 40 is a bit much). Final made me pop into the ground then pop out. Decay and Phantom Hit need to be fully switched (animation, name, skill side, and effects). Phantom Hit makes little sense for a health debuff as an animation and as a name. Decay fit perfectly, now the class feels off.
Post #: 177
11/10/2017 16:23:05   
Branl

I don't like the class has two identical stuns, with one costing Shadow Charge.
Eternity Ray's CD is absolutely ridiculous given Ascendant outdamages this class pretty handily and doesn't have insane Cool Downs like this.
The class could stand to see some damage increases. If the class is meant to be a glass cannon, with huge penalties to using the defensive skills, then it shouldn't be this far behind Ascendant.

Other than that, class feels great. Still can't beat Triple Trouble Challenge on Hard, but that's a given, and I feel it's a lot better than the Archivist Class, which just feels incomplete as a class (In my opinion).
Post #: 178
11/10/2017 16:27:52   
GammaCavy

Whoo, Penumbra works now! Now if only the same could be said about the Edelia House Bug...
Bran, does that mean you've beaten the Elemental Chaos with SWoT?
DF  Post #: 179
11/10/2017 16:50:57   
Da Awesomancer

Archivist is incomplete, so that feeling is rather expected.
DF AQW  Post #: 180
11/10/2017 16:52:51   
Greyor_42

@citjames

like i said,the animations for phantom hit and decay wouldn't make sense if they were swapped. phantom hit is you striking three times from within the shadows, something that can only be done in umbral mode, and decay is you launching things from your hands to envelop the enemy while you're outside the shadows, which is something that CAN'T be done while in umbral form.
DF  Post #: 181
11/10/2017 19:25:25   
Sasook

Quick question, is the Jack O' Boy Scythe and the Doom Guitar Series going to be back next year?
DF  Post #: 182
11/10/2017 19:39:11   
Greyor_42

^yes, they're seasonal rares, which, unlike regular rares, come back each year.
DF  Post #: 183
11/10/2017 20:11:03   
Sasook

Coolio, I shall farm them next year Had too many exams to be able to farm.
DF  Post #: 184
11/10/2017 21:19:56   
cltjames

@Greyor_42 That's nice but this is the third time. I clearly put @Verlyrus; respectfully, unless you're making the class I'm not asking you.

Decay was set up to be a health debuff originally and the animation fit. It feels lazy to switch effects but keep the animations. Decay was clearly designed to work with the health debuff. Maybe reworking the animation so Decay causes you to pop out and sink back in with a seamless animation to work with Umbra.

< Message edited by cltjames -- 11/10/2017 21:30:43 >
Post #: 185
11/10/2017 21:27:04   
Greyor_42

@citjames

quote:

@Greyor_42 That's nice but this is the third time you've misread me asking you. I clearly put @Verlyrus; I'm not asking you.

that... doesn't mean i can't answer, though. and i didn't misread.

quote:

Maybe reworking the animation so Decay causes you to pop out and sink back in with a seamless animation to work with Umbra.

popping out of the shadows at all doesn't work with umbra, though. even penumbra doesn't have you pop out of the shadows, it just has you stick your head out slightly to peek at the enemy, and nothing else. and that STILL doesn't do anything about phantom hit's animation clashing with the side you want it to be on, since for it to logically make sense, you HAVE to be in umbral form. and reworking the animation would be in tomix's department, not verly's.
DF  Post #: 186
11/10/2017 21:47:27   
cltjames

@Greyor_44 The point is I'm asking for an answer from someone on the team, not your constant justifications. I can't do what Tomix does, it was just a suggestion. I requested Verlyrus because Verlyrus seems to be more active on the boards than Tomix as of late. They obviously design animations to have certain effects. You wouldn't put Doomsday Clock's effect on Phantom Hit's animation, so Decay shouldn't be any different. You can't just switch effects and expect it to feel smooth. That's all I'm trying to get across and I'd just like to see them fix it.

< Message edited by cltjames -- 11/10/2017 23:43:51 >
Post #: 187
11/11/2017 19:52:57   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

Bran, does that mean you've beaten the Elemental Chaos with SWoT?

Dunno about Branl, but I did that even before this latest change which was a pretty nice buff. It was the day after I said that SWoT would obviously fail at Elemental Chaos, so my bad there, lol. And I did almost die before managing to kill Theano, but I managed it and after that Sioffra alone is easy.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 11/11/2017 19:53:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
11/12/2017 3:24:44   
myrie

anybody try grove tender set with SWoT? instead of looking like a walking tree the darkening effect of the class ends up making the upper part of the set look like a black bramble with a blue eye peeking through
DF  Post #: 189
11/12/2017 10:45:09   
Chewy905

Iím still having an issue where even if I have 3 charges it only lets me use two moves
Post #: 190
11/12/2017 12:54:52   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I am aware of this and am reprogramming the entire shadow charge system from scratch tomorrow. Please be patient, thanks.
AQ MQ  Post #: 191
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes November 3: Blood Moon Challenges, SWoT DA testing, and more!
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition