Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes November 8: SWoT DA Testing update!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes November 8: SWoT DA Testing update!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2017 20:08:19   
Peachii

Clairvoyant! DF Pedia/Guides & MechQuest

quote:

Verlyrus
November 08, 2017
SWoT DA Testing update!

Hey there, heroes!

A new version of ShadowWalker of Time is up for play testing!

First of all, issues that were not addressed in this update (but will be in the future)

-Using a skill graphically puts you out of Umbral Form, even though you can still use Umbral form
-Using a skill uses up two charges of Umbral Form instead of 1
-Unequipping/Showing/Hiding weapons results in weapons still appearing equipped

And now for the changes!

Penumbra
Effect now works.

Decay and Phantom Hit swapped
Decay is now an Umbral Form skill, and Phantom Hit is usable in normal form.

Decay
Healing reduction extended an extra turn
Now gives you Advantage, which increases your bonus to hit by 80 for 5 turns.
Damage increased to 2x base damage from 1.5x total.
Mana cost increased to 35 from 31.

Phantom Hit
Mana cost increased to 15 from 10.
Damage increased to 2.4x from 2.25x base damage total.

Shade Spikes
Does 1 hit of 1.75x base damage down from 4 hits.
Only casts once, instead of once per each enemy.

Doomsday Clock
Mana cost decreased to 20 from 30.
Skill icon no longer spiiiiiiins.

Shadow People
Mana cost increased to 30 from 20.

Chronic Lock
Mana cost decreased to 20 from 30.
Skill icon no longer makes you dizzy.

Impaling Hands
Removed DoT component of the skill.
Cooldown reduced to 2.
Damage increased from 2x to 3.5x base damage total.

General
Removed notifications for shadows growing.
Plan to have UI clickable to pop up notification with info.

And that's all for this mid-week update!

Coming later this week- Hope you have a lot of time on your hands! A new challenge quest is appearing on the Nefarious Challenge board!

Tags: Verlyrus

Paw printed, and tagged! ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 11/9/2017 1:25:11 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
11/8/2017 22:12:15   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Fixed a handful of bugs more
Phantom Hit and Decay have been swapped back
Phantom Hit and Decay have had their effects swapped.

Phantom Hit now applies heal debuff and buffs your bonus.
Decay now does 2.4x base damage total.
AQ MQ  Post #: 2
11/9/2017 2:03:12   
doomtown

Could the Final skill be changed so that the cooldown doesn't carry over the battles. Instead it be might be better if the skill can't be used in the first 5 turns of a battle.
Post #: 3
11/9/2017 7:43:30   
Melrakki018

I'm getting a bug now where the movement to the enemy for Phantom Hit appears to be outside of umbral form, then switches to umbral form for the attack proper before moving outside of umbral form again for the trip back
Post #: 4
11/9/2017 9:24:11   
Monkey3r

SWoT:

So i've done some testing of the class and noticed that if you equip a weapon that has a Element change button, (Chained Blaze) or more importantly
(UDA Scythe of Elementals/ DDA Scythe of Elementals) you can change the appearance of the second weapon, is there a plan to/possible change the second weapon to use a second element?

Darkness Descends, My VoidReaper Ascends, your Souls Are Mine!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
11/9/2017 10:14:45   
Greyor_42

@Monkey3r

nope. whichever element you clicked last is the element you deal damage in. you just now have TWO areas to click to change the element.
DF  Post #: 6
11/10/2017 5:35:36   
xcxbeau

SWoT Skill Icon:

Wondering if there was a possibility to change the icon for the Decay skill? The chicken doesn't seem too fitting to the skills actual effect...
For a simple damage attack, and with the reduced healing buff moved over to Phantom Hit, the chicken icon now seems out of place.

Maybe something like the scroll icon used for Rite in the DeathKnight armor? The icon for Qi in the Ninja armor?
Or just something that would represent the skill better than a chicken haha

< Message edited by xcxbeau -- 11/10/2017 5:49:28 >
Post #: 7
11/10/2017 23:44:54   
Commander_In_Red

Is it just me, or is anyone else losing all of their Shadow Charges the turn after they use a Skill in Umbral form?
DF  Post #: 8
11/11/2017 14:58:01   
Sneevillord

@Commander_In_Red Me too i thought that was supposed to happen
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
11/11/2017 15:25:18   
Greyor_42

@sneevillord

you're only supposed to lose all your charges after using a single skill in umbral form if that single skill is antumbra, or you only have one charge left. if you have more than one charge, and the skill you used wasn't antumbra, you're not supposed to lose all your charges, since the charges signify how many turns you can stay in umbral form. 3 shards=3 turns in umbral form unless you end it prematurely with antumbra.
DF  Post #: 10
11/11/2017 19:51:24   
Commander_In_Red

Welp, that must be a bug then, cause I lose all my charges after using Phantom Hit, the Umbral Final or, sometimes, Penumbra.
DF  Post #: 11
11/11/2017 21:25:20   
Htown1001

I believe currently it is glitched as when I enter Umbral Form with 3 charges i leave after only using two moves.
DF  Post #: 12
11/12/2017 17:15:04   
Bamzalot

I have done more test runs with the class and have taken on some more of the challenges. I will go ahead and give my feedback since the revamp.

First of all, I will say that the revamp has given the class more to work with, and made it overall more convenient to use. As it stands, the class is in a comfortable area between power, defense, and fun game play. Once the bugs are patched out, I am certain that this class will be fine. There are a few things that I still feel should be looked at a little further though.

I will give a brief summary of how I feel for each skill.

Shadow People: A solid heavy hitting skill. Being able to use this immediately at the start of each battle is a real time saver during longer, grindier quests. I loved this going through the Timetorn Matrix. Getting buffed by Penumbra and Gear of Time turns it into a fantastic damage move against bosses. Being able to reduce the cool down quicker by jumping between Umbra and Antumbra helps increase the potential damage without being too over powered in a short time span. Really good.

Doomsday Clock: I've got to say, the stuns have grown on me. I had a lot of bad feelings about both of them at first, but now that I have had more time to test the class, I think that Doomsday Clock + Chronic Lock is a fair combo. I will focus more on Chronic Lock when I get there. For Doomsday Clock, there is not much I have to say. An easy access two turn stun that helps with a defensive start to a battle. If I were to change something, it would be more reliable to have it be a two hit attack. Slight increase to the stun chance and fits the animation slightly better. But that isn't totally necessary.

Decay: With the revamp turning this into a pure damage skill, it has become one of three "downtime" choices for the class. The others being Shade Spikes and Attack, this is a great offensive choice for building shadow charges or delaying the use of shadow charges. Not much more to say, this is a solid skill. I guess I will mention that the chicken head icon is a little odd, but if ChronoZ and Elemental Unity can do it, why not SWoT.

Shade Spikes: Another one of the three "downtime" choices. The multi hit skill, and a pretty good one too. The power level and cool down is great, makes this class effective at managing multi fights. However, I hate to bring this up because I was complaining about it the first time around, but I still feel like the animation is playing for too long. It is MUCH better now that it doesn't need to play the whole thing against each target, but now it takes an awkward amount of time to inflict a single hit against one target. Not too big a deal, but I would suggest changing it to inflict damage against each target while the animation is playing. Sort of like the Spikes of Doom Knight. That should make dealing with multi fights as well as single targets much smoother with this skill.

Consume the Shadows: I LOVE this skill. It can only be used once per fight, unless it is something long and drawn out, but that is how it should be. Needing to build up the charges helps balance out how much health it could give you in a single turn, and instead makes this a kind of emergency heal. Especially during bosses. That 60% heal, along with some healing boosts with Wisdom and -Health, makes this a great way to make a sudden comeback. It is sort of like a second life, as long as you don't use it too early. And for mob fights, this is a good way to keep health up throughout a quest. This skill allows the class to fair extremely well throughout long quests and gives a one time only reset during a boss. It is perfect.

Velo de la Sombra: So, I still hate this skill. But with the amount of defense Cosume and the stuns can give, this isn't that big of a deal. I very rarely need to seriously use this skill, instead mostly just casting it as pointless filler or at the start of the battle, but it has had some moments to shine. Against some of the real heavy attacks, it can actually be a life saver. But those times are rare. So, there isn't really any changes needed, but I think it would still be nice to either reduce the Shadow Charges required, lower the cool down, or add in a secondary effect.

Antumbra: A transition skill. The cool down reducing ability of this + Umbra makes a fantastic way to double up on skills like Shade Spikes and Decay, so even when not using it as a transition, it is still a valuable tool for combat. Nice.

Attack: I never really consider the Attack to be a part of a class, but this time is an exception. Being able to build up mana with the Attack makes this one of the three "downtime" skills. The lowest damage potential, and can only hit one target, but being able to slowly regenerate mana makes this a useful way to build charges or tackle weaker foes. This, along with Consume the Shadows, allows the class to easily sustain itself during long quests. Not quite so useful during boss battles, where you are probably given a maximum heal and will not have severe mana concerns, but it is still a good boost if needed. And hey, this gives a good reason to use Attack Special weapons.

Umbra: Exactly the same thing as Antumbra. However, now it adds in some minor boosts to M/P/M defense. This is a really nice touch, and it helps the class last a little longer. This is especially useful considering that you will be away from most of the defensive skills once you enter Umbra.

Penumbra: Now that this skill is working, it helps to increase the class offensive potential by a major amount. Critical hits get a nice boost, and the two final skills become death machines. Not much else that needs to be added about this. I still believe it would be nice to increase the critical hit chance as well as the critical damage, just to capitalize on the skill's potential, but that isn't really necessary.

Chronic Lock: As I mentioned earlier, Chronic Lock and Doomsday Clock have both grown on me. I think they are fine as is, but Chronic Lock could still benefit a little bit more. I still feel doubtful about using a charge for a stun that will only hit once for a two turn lock down. If this skill hit multiple times, hit multiple targets, or ignored immobility resistance, using a charge for this would be much more reasonable. That said, changes are not really necessary, and the stun gets the job done well on most occasions.

Phantom Hit: A bit niche as both a both and a debuff, but definitely useful when a scenario arises that actually requires reducing enemy healing or raising your chance to hit. I normally will have no need to use a charge on this, but it is certainly nice to have. No real changes needed in my opinion.

Gear of Time: The ace of the class' full potential. Reducing a target's damage resistance allows the offensive nature of the class to really shine. This normally will not be used during mob battles, but against bosses, this is the fulcrum of victory. No changes needed.

Impaling Hands: Now that the damage has been increased, this is a much more effective skill. I am kind of disappointed that the DoT was removed in place of raw damage, as I think it would have fit in a strategic standpoint to make the DoT super powered while the skill itself dealt very little damage, but this works well too. It is a fun skill to use. I personally would like to see the DoT come back as the primary damage potential for this skill, but that is not really necessary.

Eternity Ray: This, plus Penumbra, plus Gear of Time, results in a super nova. A super nova that you can only use once every 40 turns carried over. I am still in support of changing this so that the skill has a 5 turn cool down at the start of a battle, followed by an obscenely long cool down, but the cool down does not carry over between battles. I see this as a fantastic way to blow away a boss, but it is entirely unneeded against mob fights. As it is right now, after I use the skill once on a boss, I will continue through with the fight without using it, as it should be. But then at the end of the fight, I may as well just clear the cool down by swapping out of the class and back on so that I can have ready access to the skill in the next fight. The carry over cool down is nothing but an inconvenience. Other than that, this skill is good.

Overall: With all of this said, I love the class. The bugs need to be fixed, and some of the skills could still use some modifications, but I would be satisfied with the skills how they are now. The class remains a fun, strategic powerhouse with some unique, sometimes unreliable, defensive options. With the buffs to Decay and Penumbra, dealing heavy damage is much easier than it was previously. It doesn't feel like it has the same long term power of classes like Ascendant, but it comes close, and the immediate burst damage is generally stronger than those classes.

In game play, SWoT feels fluid with Antumbra and Umbra jumping, being able to reduce cool downs while managing charges. A lot of options can be taken for many different scenarios, and sudden changes in a battle could interrupt those options and require you to rethink what you will do next. The Shadow Charge mechanic has been done pretty well. This class is easily one of the most interesting to play, and the power level is at a point where I don't feel under powered while using this unique game play. Thanks to Shadow People, Attack mana regeneration, and Consume the Shadows, long quests and mob fights go down easily. The class can handle some very difficult bosses well, as long as care is taken with the charges and cool downs. I feel as though SWoT is in a pretty good state right now.
Post #: 13
11/13/2017 15:23:21   
BioNuva

I dunno if this has been posted before, but it's about when using the class with the element changing weapons(like DDA Scythe of Elementals). Outside of the battle, even if it's one of those walk around quests, you can choose which element before starting combat. However, my issue is that when you engage, because the class has a spinning animation for the chosen weapon, it's very difficult to switch to a different element, especially when facing elementals or other enemies that are weak against the opposite element. Using Umbra does help a little but it's hard to find the other elements and you have to rely on your mouse pointer to find anything click-able.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/14/2017 15:12:00   
Luks

I like the idea of having a Stance class in DragonFable because I suggested it in a Discord group before, but my idea was far from what SWoT is. The only thing that I don't like about the class is that you have to spend 3 turns on one stance to be able to spend 3 turns on the other stance, SWoT could've had a damaging stange while the shadow stance would be the defensive stance and you could stay for how long you'd want to.
It feels like people will have a GOOD amount of time to get used to SWoT and see where it belongs and master it to its full extent because the class doesn't give those TIER 3 vibes that calendar classes usually give us.

DF AQW  Post #: 15
11/14/2017 15:54:35   
Sakurai the Cursed

@BioNuva - Verly said they have something in mind to fix that, but we're not sure what it is yet.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/14/2017 18:47:42   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@Luks
well, the class is already stronger than Archivist, ChronoZ and arguably Chronomancer, plus, you can also go back and forth between stances lasting one turn each, fighting by coming in and out of the shadows as it fits you. The Left side of skills is not entirely useless and depending on the fight, you might not even need the right side.
DF AQW  Post #: 17
11/15/2017 0:58:15   
Baron Dante

^I'm not sure how the class is stronger than ChronoZ though.
Because ChronoZ is really, REALLY stupid when it come to what it does.
It lacks burst offense, but it has ridiculous damage sustain, combined with some ridiculously good healing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/15/2017 7:00:13   
asgaron

Where do i give my feedback on the class im not sure
Post #: 19
11/15/2017 7:08:03   
LouisCyphere

@asgaron:
well, you can just post in the thread right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/15/2017 8:00:59   
asgaron

Ok so When it comes to Shadow stalker of time i have a few issues
the Feature which shows a weapon while having another weapon equipped like blade of destiny is equipped by i need doom knight blade or something its broken in 2 ways i want to see the default weapon "Time" but it only appears on
one side of the character and then the second issue is the weapons like doom dragon amulet scythe of elementals I CAN CHANGE THE ELEMENT i actually legit tried to even time it but the game doesnt respond fast enough and its
kinda funny after a while but also annoying

the parry/dodge/defence of the class is just so low like really surprisingly everything is fine in terms of the skills and how they work but the skills like Veil Just WHAT!? i know im might be over reacting a bit but i used it and on classes like doomknight i feel that defence is remarkably high even pyromancer which i kinda feel has a weak base has better defence and dodge capabilities than this class just putting it out there maybe thats incomplete i dont know also the shadows consumption thing is a bit wack i used the skill without any shadows still had some form of effect and i prefer if the dodge but not hit vs dodged but still took some damage raito effect was more equal

finaly the animation for the right side i know this is part of the class but the whole hiding thing i actually would prefer if i saw him come out of the portal to do the attacks or maybe if he turned into the attacks instead of permanently in the whole lol
Post #: 21
11/15/2017 8:18:17   
Greyor_42

@asgaron

well, it's not entirely fair to compare SWoT's defense skill to pyromancer's, considering pyromancer is a defensive class of the highest calibur, and SWoT is supposed to be hyper-offensive and built around burst damage. and doomknight is the only tier 4 armor in existence, so it's not really fair to compare it to, well, anything.
DF  Post #: 22
11/15/2017 8:26:23   
asgaron

Its not really fair to compare it to anything that is so true but imma retort thats the most un fair argument i get you but i think that the dodge mechanic should be a little bit better i dont know kinda like cryptic
Post #: 23
11/15/2017 8:43:46   
Greyor_42

@agaron

cryptic is ALSO a majorly defensive class, so still an unfair comparison. it'd be more fair to compare it to riftwalker, as it's effectively a riftwalker with more sustain.

then there's the fact that it has two stun skills, and it's heal skill restores the second highest amount of HP in a single turn out of any other(the only two other shills that restore more are 100% health restoring skills). though, i will agree that the shield skill IS a bit weak, and since i mentioned riftwalker, it'd be nice if it gave a mild damage boost or something, as that would make the lower defenses it offers not as big an issue.
DF  Post #: 24
11/15/2017 9:10:05   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Baron - SWoT very easily beats ChronoZ in sustained damage. After the buff it's up there with Ascendant honestly. Healing is obviously not as good, nor defenses in general, but a 60% heal on what is usually lowered to a 20 turn or lower CD isn't too bad.

@Greyor - Any more damage boosts and we're gonna be encroaching on tier 4 territory here, lol.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 11/15/2017 9:12:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes November 8: SWoT DA Testing update!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition