Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes November 10: Enter the Timetorn Matrix!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes November 10: Enter the Timetorn Matrix!
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2017 23:16:14   
Bamzalot

I would die laughing it turned out that every skill of Necro Paragon turns out to be bacon related. Like, summoning an undead chickencow, casting evil infused bacon as spells, or just scrambling eggs from hammerspace to eat as a way to heal.

Actually, that would make a fantastic April Fools joke.
Post #: 51
11/10/2017 23:17:23   
Gold

I finished 2 medium matrices for the Bladehilt. Took me less time than I thought it would, honestly.

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
11/10/2017 23:19:29   
Henius Lon

@Gold guess you didn't hear that level 85 only needs one of each then :( unless you wanted two bladehilts for fun
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
11/10/2017 23:26:25   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

That's why you can convert a bladehilt into 1 teleshard!
AQ MQ  Post #: 54
11/10/2017 23:37:26   
Bamzalot

Does completing the huge dungeon guarantee a level 85 drop for the weapon? Because if not, I may abort huge and start doing the shorter quests to farm up merging materials. I think I would rather take on a bunch of shorter quests over trusting in luck to get the right drop on the longest quest.
Post #: 55
11/10/2017 23:37:56   
Henius Lon

Huge guarantees a warblade.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
11/10/2017 23:38:07   
Greyor_42

@bamzalot

quote:

Like, summoning an undead chickencow, casting evil infused bacon as spells, or just scrambling eggs from hammerspace to eat as a way to heal.

....that... sounds like a necromaner chickencow lord hybrid.... and i am not opposed to that.

quote:

Huge guarantees a warblade.

yeah, i feel like one run of medium and a couple runs of small would be the most efficient way to get the materiels for the merge(meduim for the hilt and whatever shards you find in chests along the way, and small to get the rest of the shards to make the warblade with).

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 11/10/2017 23:41:24 >
DF  Post #: 57
11/10/2017 23:41:06   
Gold

I think I originally saw the requirements to have 2 of the Bladehilt and Warblade.
In any case, I have enough for the weapon, which was originally Evil and is now... Bacon?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
11/10/2017 23:41:19   
Henius Lon

@Greyor Definitely. But if you want that badge...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 59
11/10/2017 23:43:10   
Greyor_42

@gold

it used to be two of each, yeah. but it was changed to one of each. also, the blade was originally ice, but was then switched to evil since there was already an ice weapon challenge reward, and then switched to bacon since there's already an EVIL weapon challenge reward as well.

@henius lon

quote:

Definitely. But if you want that badge...

yeah, that's why i said one of medium and a couple of small were the most efficient for the sole sake of merging the weapon. doing a single run of huge should theoretically get you enough shards to make the hilt alongside the warblade without having to do any small runs, though, and it does get you the badge. a good idea i have is if you're not level 85 yet, do the more efficient method to get the highest level version that you CAN equip, then do huge to get the mats for the level 85 version and the badge once you're close to 85.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 11/10/2017 23:46:18 >
DF  Post #: 60
11/10/2017 23:44:06   
Bamzalot

How about Ebil?
Post #: 61
11/10/2017 23:45:57   
Henius Lon

I think evil really fits it and Dreadwyrm Katana should be changed to metal or silver or something.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
11/10/2017 23:47:18   
Greyor_42

ebil works, yeah. and we don't really have many ebil weapons(in fact, we have absolutely zero ebil weapons for level cap afaik) either, which means it's an option that does need to be flashed out a bit.
DF  Post #: 63
11/10/2017 23:47:43   
Henius Lon

@Greyor I actually only found one shard chest on my huge run. I know it's only one run and I was probably super unlucky but still.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
11/10/2017 23:51:41   
Axpower

Wow, really cool about the badge! My prayers have been answered..

But there seems to be a slight glitch in the badge book. It now displays that I have no "For SCIENCE" badge. Not really a problem, but thought I would point it out.
DF  Post #: 65
11/10/2017 23:58:45   
Zeronius

In my opinion, the weapon should either change back to Ice or be Evil. TECHNICALLY the Necro Paragon items are Ice-themed, so it only makes sense for it to match. However, given the evil nature of the sword's designer, Evil would make sense. Anything other than Bacon. It's practically a useless element, even if a few enemies are weak to it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
11/10/2017 23:59:20   
Da Awesomancer

Alright, I'm currently fighting the boss, and I've got say, for as great as Evolved DragonLord is at getting to the boss, it really falls behind in actually fighting it. You've gotta go all out if you want a chance to take down one of the boss's Water Elementals before it and its pal recover most of the damage you do. Though, people who use DL Rage may not have that problem.
DF AQW  Post #: 67
11/11/2017 0:20:56   
Commander_In_Red

Question: the Sigil. What is it for?
DF  Post #: 68
11/11/2017 0:26:53   
Da Awesomancer

This is just a guess, but I'm assuming it will be fused with some item from the third slot on the second challenge board to create either a challenge reward, or an upgrade item for one.
DF AQW  Post #: 69
11/11/2017 0:32:38   
Bamzalot

Considering that we have the cape, the helm, and the weapon, I think it is plausible the last challenge will unlock the class. That said, I have no idea if we can expect it to release any time soon. For now, it is likely just there for "coming soon." Unless the class is already close to done, in which case it may be coming sooner than expected. Or maybe I am delusional and just imagining that I ever saw a WIP Legion class for DragonFable, and this is just a crazy coincidence...
Post #: 70
11/11/2017 0:37:02   
Da Awesomancer

Was there ever any confirmation of a class? I've only seen people who aren't on the team mentioning one, and I'm not really certain it's all that plausible, especially since the team is swamped with enough classes to work on as it is.
DF AQW  Post #: 71
11/11/2017 0:38:50   
Zeronius

Dage designed it around two? years ago. It's a reskin of Necromancer, similar in concept to Icebound Revenant.

< Message edited by Zeronius -- 11/11/2017 0:39:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 72
11/11/2017 0:43:28   
Bamzalot

That's one problem I'm thinking of. There is already a heavy workload, so I would be amazed if the class was already a thing.

I could be wrong about all of this, but I think that Dage was doing the art, the animations were mostly recycled from Necromancer, and I don't know how different the coding will be. I suppose it would be a lot like Ice Bound Revenant. It wasn't really a focus, but still kind of there. I distinctly remember seeing some WIP animation of it, but I don't remember where it was.

EDIT: I found this from DragonFable Facebook, back in 2015. https://www.facebook.com/DragonFableGame/videos/1056046294447292/
"Black Friday" was what the release date claimed to be. I guess they didn't mean Black Friday of that year.

< Message edited by Bamzalot -- 11/11/2017 0:47:43 >
Post #: 73
11/11/2017 0:49:32   
Da Awesomancer

Ah, that would make sense. If it was already being worked on by Dage and just used some tweaked coding from Necromancer, I can see it being moved out without too much issue. Thanks for the replies.
DF AQW  Post #: 74
11/11/2017 0:57:38   
Axpower

@verly

Just ran into a mimic without a shard box.... o.O
DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes November 10: Enter the Timetorn Matrix!
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition