Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes November 10: Enter the Timetorn Matrix!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes November 10: Enter the Timetorn Matrix!
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/12/2017 4:54:28   
Rukaji

I have to go through a thousand rooms. Can I just please hit the Wind Elemental?
DF  Post #: 176
11/12/2017 5:35:52   
Cherubic Card

Try stunning it first, then killing it.
Post #: 177
11/12/2017 6:14:52   
Rukaji

Thanks for the tip.

I completed the 1,000 room challenge and got the badge. That was awful. I feel more drained than anything.
DF  Post #: 178
11/12/2017 8:38:04   
Luks

-If you want tips-

Wind elemental: Kill on turn 1 or stun.
Love elemental and Energy elemental: Kill energy first(he deals too much DMG) then focus on the love elemental.
Energy: Stun then kill or kill on turn 1.
Water elemental and Stone: Stun/kill stone elemental on turn 1 and focus on the water elemental.
Darkness elemental: Stun/Defend/Kill on turn 1.
[rest]: Don't worry about them.
Blood Elemental and water elemental: Blood elemental will constantly heal if the water elementals are still alive, stun blood elemental and then switch you weapon to a Energy/Fire type and try killing the water elementals on 1 turn each. Blood elemental becomes vunerable when alone, which means all you have to do is stay alive.

WE TRY TO MARK HISTORY BECAUSE WE'RE TOO AFRAID OF BEING FORGOTTEN...
DF AQW  Post #: 179
11/12/2017 11:58:29   
Emrys

@ HeniusLon you can download netlogo here and the program here

It's not written very well so it's a little sloppy, but it works well enough. You press a WASD key to set your direction, then press Q to mark an exit in that direction. Then press a WASD key again (so if there's more than one exit you can choose which way you're going and then E to move in that direction. So if you entered a room with an exit to the right and up, and then you went up, you would press D Q W Q W E. It will only let you move in a direction if you've already marked an exit in that direction, and if you mess up you can press Z to delete the last exit you marked.

You can mark certain landmarks on the map and they'll change colors. H for a health pad, M for a mana pad, P for a dual-pad, potion-chest, or mushroom-patch, and T for your telepoint (which will erase your previous one).

Hope this helps! and let me know if there are any problems
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
11/12/2017 12:05:45   
Da Awesomancer

If anyone needs any help with graphing, I find Virtual Graph Paper to be a good choice. It's not very advanced, but it has enough tools to draw up a simple map, and you can type into the grids to label things like healing pads or traps.

[Edit] Also, you don't need to download it, a feature I always feel is more trustworthy, even if that might just be me being paranoid.

< Message edited by Da Awesomancer -- 11/12/2017 12:07:07 >
DF AQW  Post #: 181
11/12/2017 12:37:28   
Arthur Glacier

I was in like 40% of the huge one and.. the game froze during my dragon's turn.
The "un-stick" button didn't appear.
I felt like kicking something.
DF  Post #: 182
11/12/2017 16:55:44   
LurkBlackSmith

So it be a critical hit by rng that would be needed if you're going alone without the pet dragon at the Blood Elemental and water elementals before the stun ends. Hmmm...the blade should have fried bacon pieces on its skeletal mouths to make it look like a messy eater.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 11/12/2017 17:03:11 >
DF  Post #: 183
11/12/2017 17:13:44   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

The bonus teleshard chests only appearing once per maze bug should be fixed!
AQ MQ  Post #: 184
11/12/2017 17:21:58   
Gold

This is what I did to get through the Huge Matrix.

For my Warrior I used DmK V1 and it still took me a pretty long time (3 hours is probably overkill with this strat); but I kept in full control this time and finally got through.

If I do this with my Mage, I'll probably keep using Enraged Dragonlord. It can kill every monster (except Mimic and Blood Elemental) in one shot with Soul Burst and Dragoneye (depending on the HP), and its healing is enough for every room.

Also thank you, Verly. During my huge run, I found a lot of empty rooms and Mimics that didn't give me any shards after the first one :C Wish the fix could have rolled out faster.

< Message edited by Gold -- 11/12/2017 17:23:03 >

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
11/12/2017 17:30:35   
Haurt

I see a potential issue for those who are not max level, and I don't know if it matters for max level people or not. Last night during my 3ish+ hour attempt at the Huge lab I had over 500k xp when I quit, I know I was probably almost done but I couldn't stay up any longer and the badge hadn't been released yet so I chose to give up and try again later. I would have just left it open but that xp and gold.... anyway what I am curious about is the XP cap. I have a feeling that if you took a lower level character through the huge lab, you would undoubtedly hit the xp cap which if it did like every other quest give you the "error saving xp" problem and not save the quest. Another thing I'm curious about is when you level it saves your character so does that mean you could potentially bypass the daily xp cap by just grinding the mission over and over since it would save every time you leveled?
Post #: 186
11/12/2017 17:33:25   
Da Awesomancer

Thanks for fixing that, Verly. That will make getting the Sigil on my secondary character a lot easier.
DF AQW  Post #: 187
11/12/2017 19:09:15   
superson45

Does the healing pad at the start refill potions?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 188
11/12/2017 19:14:05   
Greyor_42

^not that i'm aware of, but there IS an endless potion chest in the maze.
DF  Post #: 189
11/12/2017 19:22:31   
superson45

^ Found one as you told me about it Good to know cause i'm currently going through with Riftwalker and every once in awhile im having mana issues
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 190
11/12/2017 19:51:15   
Greyor_42

me: puts symone on the team as a guest to make the boss fight's healing easier to tolerate as a necromancer

game: has all AI target symone SOLELY, thus making it impossible to heal her without using potions(which i'm pretty sure hers can't be refilled unless my character uses some and thus gets refilled as well) which leads to her dying before i even get halfway through the SMALL maze.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 11/12/2017 19:54:59 >
DF  Post #: 191
11/12/2017 21:01:21   
superson45

I just got sent all the way back to my spawn and my telepoint was reset
Edit: V Yeah argh!

< Message edited by superson45 -- 11/12/2017 21:14:16 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 192
11/12/2017 21:03:36   
LurkBlackSmith

^You accidentally stepped on a triangle on the medium to huge maze or from the boss because the heal upped your stun?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 11/12/2017 21:06:55 >
DF  Post #: 193
11/13/2017 0:49:41   
myrie

reset back to start two times, finally map out about 70% or so of the map meet the blood elemental flanked by two water elementals. yeah that was interesting had to stun both of them so I could focus on one without the other healing all of my damage. I don't thin this was the ideal dungeon to test SWoT on. Still I managed to finish it eventually.
DF  Post #: 194
11/13/2017 1:07:53   
Haurt

Well finally finished the Huge Matrix on 2nd attempt, mapping helped a lot this time since I skipped one section that was about 24 rooms or so and found the boss about 1/2 way into the maze. It was a lucky break that I didn't have to clear the entire map. Ended up with another 400k XP. BTW could I get a response from a dev on how the XP cap is implemented for these quests. I don't know if there is even a daily cap anymore once you max your level but as I stated above I could see someone below level cap doing the Huge Matrix and easily hitting their daily XP limits. Oh and the tip above about using the Rage Evolved Dragonlord worked perfectly with the ??? Soulforged Staff equipped and Escelense Dragon Defender Staff on show. Dragon Eye was exactly enough damage to kill the first mob in a 2 mob encounter. The only issue with Dragon Soul was it wasn't always enough to kill the toughest mobs(not talking about the Mimics or Blood Elemental) in one hit. Using those weapon combos saved a TON of time because I didn't have to keep swapping weapons since the damage never varied. I don't know if there is another class that has 2 abilities that can put out that amount of damage.

To reiterate tips that helped ALOT:
Make a map(I used an open source program called Grid Mapper)
Use Rage Evolved Dragonlord with the ??? Soulforged Weapon with the Escelense Dragon Defender weapon on show to save time swapping weapons. With maxed out offensive accessories and said weapon layout with 200 STR/DEX/INT you do just enough damage.

Edit: My stats are 200 INT/200 END/20 WIS

< Message edited by Haurt -- 11/13/2017 1:47:22 >
Post #: 195
11/13/2017 1:39:55   
LurkBlackSmith

So...was this set of challenge mazes also a setup for SWoT bug smashing help before its release? Then reverted back to a moderate challenge with the reduced healing in the boss fight able to be cleared by NDAs with the basic/other classes beside Ranger/Togslayer to Shadowhunter's critical gun shot combo that kinda still fails once and while? Since I note to not really use the pet dragon as it might freeze the game still and stan the scanorb also probably won't work with the debuff combination since the last attack probably might not critical enough to outlast the stun to the blood elemental to remove either water elemental minions and the overall healing.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 11/13/2017 2:39:37 >
DF  Post #: 196
11/13/2017 1:47:02   
Baron Dante

Haurt: The EXP cap shouldn't be a problem.
At levels below 50, it should be 1m a day, at 51-79, 2m and beyond that 3m.
The max EXP in the quest is 1m, however, the game never saves your experience outside of finishing the quest or leveling up.
At lower levels, it's probably not possible to hit the 1m EXP cap of the quest even with 10 XP Boosts.

So in summary, yes, you COULD hit the cap before you're done with the quest, but you'd have to have done a decent chunk of other farming before tackling the Maze.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
11/13/2017 1:54:05   
superson45

Finally done and managed to get 7 shards from Mimics in the Huge maze too! With Mapping I had about 70% of the Dungeon complete before I got to the blood elemental... Never again.
(worth the badge though)

Edit: Incase anyone wanted to see my maps https://imgur.com/a/bCRtd
Also heres a good dungeon mapper I found! http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/ I used walls as a room and random things to represent stuff.

< Message edited by superson45 -- 11/13/2017 2:36:05 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 198
11/13/2017 1:55:22   
Haurt

Thanks Dante I never could find out what the daily XP cap was for DF. I just know I spent like week grinding levels while I was watching a show and kept hitting the XP daily cap after like 3ish hours which was frustrating because I was binge watching a show for 5-6 hours a day. I think if I was to use a lower level character I would make sure the maze was the only thing I had planned JUST incase. 8)

Edit: Also it really sucked once I hit the daily XP cap I couldn't do anything else in game. I mean I guess I understand it was put there to regulate cheaters. And it takes quite a bit of time even when grinding the fastest XP to hit the cap but still as I said I had a few more hours I could have been grinding gold that I couldn't do because all quests regardless of if they gave XP, would not complete.

< Message edited by Haurt -- 11/13/2017 1:59:51 >
Post #: 199
11/13/2017 4:01:26   
Sasook

I'm almost certain I explored roughly 80-90% of the map, Huge Timetorn Matrix.

My Satisfaction after a tedious journey.

I gained 14 Timetorn Shards, and the Timetorn Warblade. I have never been more relieved for my internet to not have crashed during this run.

It took roughly 2.5 hours. I advise using maps, I did the entire thing based on memory, and I have the same brain capacity as a jellyfish. Many loops occurred that day.

< Message edited by Sasook -- 11/13/2017 4:18:29 >
DF  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes November 10: Enter the Timetorn Matrix!
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition