Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

About Archivist

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> About Archivist
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/11/2017 7:25:16   
Winters Key

A while ago, a thread was made about the state of Archivist (it being dreadfully underpowered in contrast to the other Calendar classes, due to mechanics such as cooldowns transferring between battles with every skill, and no "heavy-damage" move existing in the class). I think Verly hinted that there were a few more features coming to the class at a later time - are the features still in the works?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/11/2017 7:33:11   
Baron Dante

There is supposedly going to be ONE more skill in the future. (I seem to remember that it would be based on the Caitiff saga, but don't quote me on that)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/11/2017 12:40:38   
Branl

It does have a 5 turn multi target stun that ignores immobility, which is really good when you loop it with Kathool's Madness.
However, the class does have it's issues.

Between the turns of Ultimate Orb, you are a complete sitting duck, unable to defend yourself, the damage you deal is far too low, even for a defensive class, and there's no real Nuke button on the class (although this isn't necessarily an issue).
Post #: 3
11/11/2017 13:51:46   
Luks

Archivist will get stronger as DF progresses. Every major event/character becomes part of its skills and that's a good thing, don't you agree? Just be patient and we might see a nuke skill, or a heavy damage attack as you said in the future.

< Message edited by Luks -- 11/11/2017 13:52:03 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
11/11/2017 15:01:25   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@Branl
the problem with the stun is that it have a less-than 100% chance of working, and it's not each hit possibly triggering the stun, it'd the whole attack. So often I've been unlucky enough to have not stunned the enemy during the entire time the boost lasted. And since it's a 1-turn stun, you either try to keep the enemy stunned for 5 turn (keeping you from other skills) or stun as long as you think it's fit and go for another skill.

IMO, Archivist should have a shield or a blind, with a cooldown that does NOT carry over, so at least you can start the fights with some time to burn those cooldown turns in safety. I think a good revamp would be:
Make all the Right side not carrying over, the left side have their power and cooldown increased, so you have 7 skills to use anytime and 7 boost skills to use when you think it's the perfect time. The right side are basic things like shield and blind, maybe another multi with decent damage, either way, something that gives a basic survival while the left side is cooling down.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
11/11/2017 15:27:22   
mahasamatman

I think the current skills are good as they are (and are very strong if you're only doing one long battle), but the Archivist should probably keep on getting abilities until all slots are filled (even if they'd only be run-of-the-mill shield, crit, multi, blind, etc.).
DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> About Archivist
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition