Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes November 20: 2018 Calendars are now available!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes November 20: 2018 Calendars are now available!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/20/2017 17:19:47   
Peachii

Clairvoyant! DF Pedia/Guides & MechQuest

quote:

Verlyrus
Eternal Cat

November 20, 2017
2018 Calendars are now available!

Hey there, heroes!

The 2018 Calendar is now available from HeroMart, featuring high quality beautiful art from the artists here at AE!

(Note, AQW items shown here)

Get the calendar now, and you'll receive a code for the Chest of Enduring Time, as well as the Eternal Locket bracer! (as well as goodies in the other AE games!)

The Chest of Enduring Time will turn into the Epoch class- a new class under development for this and future calendars. That's right, every year, you'll have an opportunity to get the Epoch class with the calendar!

The Eternal Locket bracer is an Artifact for the Epoch class, only available from the 2018 calendar. Future calendars will come with new, unique, artifacts, changing up skills and/or appearance every year.

Also some good news- the folks at HeroMart

Head on over and check it out! (There are also some 2017 calendars still in stock to get the ShadowWalker of Time class- which is currently in Dragon Amulet only testing!)

That's all for today,

-Verlyrus

Tags: Verlyrus

Paw printed and tagged! ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 11/21/2017 18:41:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
11/20/2017 17:29:29   
Bamzalot

Well this is a big, very pleasant surprise. Epoch coming around yearly AND an artifact for this year alone? I honestly would not have expect this to happen after the amount of time it took to get out the SWoT. I guess Tomix and Verlyrus are masochists.

Nah, just joking. It is great to see that 2018 is getting two calendar rewards. I am already excited and looking forward to it!
Post #: 2
11/20/2017 17:33:15   
Fire alandry

This idea is so brilliant! BTW, I assume that it means far less work on Calendar-class each year, which is just great.
The Epoch concept looks wonderful as always, good luck with the animating, Tomix:) Can't wait to see the final version...
DF  Post #: 3
11/20/2017 19:08:57   
Commander_In_Red

Firstly, I'm not sure how I feel about you guys marketing the Epoch before we have even gotten the finished, out-of-testing SWoT.

Secondly...what the heck is the Epoch? I know it was referenced at the Inn at the Edge of Time, but that didn't really tell us what it is. And I assume that it's a "one-code-per-character" deal like the SWoT was. How do I know which character I want to give this to if I don't know what kind of class it is?

I'm thinking about this too much, aren't I?

With all that said, it does sound like a good idea for the Epoch to be a yearly thing. Helps decrease the workload (at least for the years after the class's release) and is thematically appropriate.

< Message edited by Commander_In_Red -- 11/20/2017 19:11:25 >
DF  Post #: 4
11/20/2017 19:09:28   
Greyor_42

so, let me get this straight: from now on, epoch is the class that comes with the calendar, and each year gets a different artifact for epoch?

as a not-so-brilliant, orange haired, cartoon man once said: shut up and take my money.

EDIT: @commander_in_red epoch has two possible definitions.

1. a period of time in a person's life marked by notable events

2. a span of time that is shorter than a period(like jurrassic), but longer than an age(like industrial).

based on the theme, i'd say that tomix/dove is going for the first one.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 11/20/2017 19:12:37 >
DF  Post #: 5
11/20/2017 19:11:59   
RKC

Ordered a calendar already.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/20/2017 19:15:16   
Commander_In_Red

@Greyor_42

I'm well aware of what an Epoch is and what kind of theme the team is going for. That doesn't tell me a thing about the class though.
DF  Post #: 7
11/20/2017 19:20:30   
Greyor_42

ah, okay. in that case yeah, i got no idea. of course, considering that each year we're going to be getting a different artifact to change the class up, it's definitely going to have something interesting going on with it.

personally, i'm guessing it's going to be a better version of archivist, with it's skill set being based on major parts of the hero's past, and varied by whatever artifact they're using(by which i mean, each artifact will modify epoch to represent one part of the hero's past respectively). or something.
DF  Post #: 8
11/20/2017 20:32:11   
DragonLordRyan

A new Artifact every year? Awesome, Artifacts have been one of the best additions to the game so I'm happy to see more. It depends on how strong Class is, but I could see Epoch with 3-4 artifacts being the best tier 3 in the game.
AQ DF  Post #: 9
11/20/2017 20:35:40   
Greyor_42

@dragonlordryan

most likely you can only use one artifact at a time with it.
DF  Post #: 10
11/21/2017 0:19:43   
snakehulk21220

i have a question, will the epoch class and its artifact be seperate codes or just one? i ask so if i were to buy the class next year if i could make an alt character with epoch as well since id already have the class itself on my main character by then

< Message edited by snakehulk21220 -- 11/21/2017 0:20:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
11/21/2017 0:42:23   
Question Mark?

Very happy that Tomix isn't going to have to do a new calendar class every year LOL. And more artifacts is always a plus. Epoch looks cool from the preview, might pick it up.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
11/21/2017 1:02:41   
Zekrom5

I must say that this is a fair compromise, since there'll still be some significant changes to the class each year, making the calendar still worth buying for those that want to do that, but without being as much work for the staff (especially on the art side of things, which as far as what I can tell is what takes the most amount of time when making classes). I look forward to seeing how this will turn out!
DF  Post #: 13
11/21/2017 1:18:27   
Dark Lord Urmi

so if i grasped this right this is a class that will eventually have swappable skills via artifacts...this class has the potential to be invaluable if this can be done mid fight.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
11/21/2017 1:37:56   
Zekrom5

Artifacts can't be swapped mid-battle, but you can switch it during quests. So it would be possible to have one artifact for the quest part of a quest, and then one for the boss, for example. Also, this year we'll get both the standard class (that will be fairly generic according to Verlyrus, to make it easy to build upon) and the first artifact. So we'll be able to see an example of how it'll work already when this class releases.
DF  Post #: 15
11/21/2017 4:16:28   
mahasamatman

I don't want the calendar and have no use for it... But that seems like the best opportunity to get a calendar class since this time I'll get the most out of this, so... Bought.

Definitely a working gimmick there, AE.
DF  Post #: 16
11/21/2017 14:28:17   
Solargeo

Can we get artifacts for the other Time Classes, and also Can the First two Chrono Classes get a small buff? I mean compared to SWoT , Rift Walker and a few other T3's They are a bit weak.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/21/2017 17:33:26   
asgaron

i estimate the epoch class will come around may june july next year?
Post #: 18
11/21/2017 19:16:50   
Dark Lord Urmi

zekrom I have a set gearset that i use so i wouldn't know i guess...though i do remember being able to remove the soulweaver artifact.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
11/21/2017 19:28:30   
Greyor_42

@zekrom

that's only because the dragonlord artifacts take up the trinket slot. it's entirely dependant on what slot the artifact takes up that determines if it can be switched in battle.
DF  Post #: 20
11/22/2017 1:55:14   
Sakurai the Cursed

Not true at all. No artifacts can be equipped during a battle, for the same reason trinkets can't. If you try to equip Baltael's Aventail, which is a helmet, you get a popup saying "Artifacts cannot be equipped during a battle."

They can be unequipped by equipping something else though (except trinkets, because the unequip button doesn't work, same popup as if you try to equip them), and your skills will actually change back mid-battle.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 11/22/2017 8:30:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/22/2017 12:01:47   
doomtown

I hope that Dragonfable's Epoch class will look nothing like the AQW version because that one looks terrible in comparison to the previous calendar classes.

< Message edited by doomtown -- 11/22/2017 12:02:10 >
Post #: 22
11/22/2017 12:07:49   
Greyor_42

^

AQW didn't get epoch, they got eternal chronomancer. only DF is getting epoch.
DF  Post #: 23
11/22/2017 18:50:16   
GammaCavy

So I just got a message form Heromart that there's a black Friday bundle sale of this calendar and the last two, complete with a Xan burning Falcon reach print. But when I check out the Hero Mart site, there's no sign of such a bundle, just the candlers separately, and no Xan print. Verly, could you ask Stryche about this and see if something's wrong with the page?
DF  Post #: 24
11/22/2017 18:57:58   
Da Awesomancer

@^ It might be a deal that only appears on Black Friday, since that's the what the sale is for.
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes November 20: 2018 Calendars are now available!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition