Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes November 20: 2018 Calendars are now available!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes November 20: 2018 Calendars are now available!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/22/2017 19:08:11   
Greyor_42

^that would make sense.
DF  Post #: 26
11/22/2017 19:15:13   
GammaCavy

It would, wouldn't it. So we should all hurry to check on Friday.
DF  Post #: 27
11/22/2017 19:37:02   
Da Awesomancer

Heh, let's all hope that there's enough stock for everyone then, since this seems like the kind of deal that quite a few people would go for.
DF AQW  Post #: 28
11/22/2017 19:44:34   
GammaCavy

Meh, I've already got the rewards from all three calendars individually. It would be nice to get them for my secondary as well, but I'm not going to be desperately upset at missing it unless there's something really good in it.
DF  Post #: 29
11/22/2017 20:32:41   
Solargeo

Wow no one dissed my post... but no one commented on it. XP..

anyway. I can think of a few cool little things the trinkets for the past classes of ye old calendars. Like the Og Chrono skills all do VOID and get a 20% damage buff, Corrupter could have all skills apply a CHAOS DoT which gets stronger with every skill used to a max damage of lets say 500 each turn? Chrono Z could be Maybe every skill use has a chance to allow one of the combo's to be able to used without doing the combo. Archivist could be a 20% chance to apply a negative debuff based on the skill used. AoT could be a 5% chance to stun with every skill use .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
11/23/2017 2:02:01   
myrie

bought the calendar was looking at what else hero-mart has to offer and wondered have you ever thought of releasing like a best hits soundtrack of dragonfable? I know there have been some songs from boss fights just background themes that I would love to be able to play at will.

< Message edited by myrie -- 11/23/2017 2:03:20 >
DF  Post #: 31
11/23/2017 13:22:35   
GammaCavy

I'd love the best hits soundtrack too.
Edit: the Balck Friday Calender Bundle is up for sale! Anyone who wants it, now's the time!

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 11/23/2017 20:53:17 >
DF  Post #: 32
11/24/2017 8:17:52   
Skullkyopi

Wait, does this mean once Epoch is finished, there's not going to be any new Calendar Classes released in the future? This is the final one?
DF MQ  Post #: 33
11/24/2017 8:22:25   
LouisCyphere

Yep, Epoch class is the last calendar class BUT every new calendar will have a new artifact that will change some skills of Epoch and probably change some visuals too.
Like how Gnarly Guitar of Doom change the appearance of DmK.
If I have to guess, each artifact will show or represent a different "epoch" or time period so it fits the class as well.

Also, this means that Tomix and Verly will have more time to do other classes.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 11/24/2017 8:23:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/24/2017 8:45:50   
Skullkyopi

I can understand the decision for this, I really do, but I also can't help but feel sad. It means the variety of the classes would be limited now, wouldn't it? With Epoch always being the template?

Well, for now, I'll hold off judgement until the next calendar comes out and we get to see what exactly the artifacts change and by how much.

Still, kinda sad. My dream of a chrono class that relies more on practical, fluid physical animations and good old fashioned fighting rather than powerful magic bombardment and flashy spell effects might never be achieved. Or maybe I just miss Monty Oum's way of choreographing fights. I don't know. Le sigh.
DF MQ  Post #: 35
11/24/2017 8:48:53   
Greyor_42

@skullkyopi

actually, the artifacts that we'll be getting from now on would provide plenty of variety, i'd say. look at how much dragon's rage changed dragonlord, after all. considering epoch will be just a "template class", i imagine the artifacts we'll get for it will be even bigger changes than that.
DF  Post #: 36
11/24/2017 8:58:00   
Skullkyopi

Oh, no, I can still see the various ways they can switch up the different skill sets and leanings for each class. There's so much more they can do, not to mention the number of ways players can come up with different "themes" and such to maybe nudge the devs in their direction.

No, what I'm talking about is maybe the repetitiveness of always using Epoch, various artifacts included, and seeing the same skills and animations albeit in different ways, colors, themes, effects, playstyles, if it follows how they handled the DragonLord artifacts. Not to undermine their work at all, but I can't help but feel they're going to turn out as "paint jobs".

Edit:
I don't know. I feel like we're gonna miss out on the whole "conceptualize something new" of it. Remember all the hype people got up to when Fleshweaver as a class was first hinted at? When Avatar of Time was being made and imagining how the embodiment of Time would play as a class? How different Timekiller was as a Chronoclass?

Sorry, I can't really explain it very well. How about this: Imagine Tomix and Verly asked this to themselves every time they made a new class.

"What new thing can we make up and how cool can we make it? Do we make it floaty? Should it feel fast or slow? Bulky or lean? Imposing or understated? Warrior-like, Rogue-like or Mage-like?"

Now, for every calendar class it's: "What new thing can we do with Epoch to make it different from how it is now, and how awesome can we make it?"

Does that make any sense?

< Message edited by Skullkyopi -- 11/24/2017 9:21:12 >
DF MQ  Post #: 37
11/24/2017 10:16:45   
Tomix
Soulweaver

As much as I'd love to make a completely new calendar class each year... these classes are very taxing to make.
We went with something that can be modified each year and that won't take my and Verly's time away from many, MANY other projects that we have going on.
DF  Post #: 38
11/24/2017 12:00:21   
Shiny_Underpants

^I wonder... I particularly love the character design of the recent calendar classes.
If you were to make a print of a new design each year, (despite the actual class being a modified Epoch), I'd certainly be inclined to buy it; especially if there were some way the money from said print could go to DF instead of Heromart...

I'm not sure how the classes will be distributed-- Alina mentioned the concerns some of us had over the calendar and overseas players (of which I am one)-- but there was mention of sale of a print being the alternative. Though there's still the issue of exorbitant shipping costs...
However, there's not really any way I'll be purchasing the calendar. The art style has a sort of over-the-top combat aspect that I don't find appealing, I only play DF, and it's too expensive to buy from Aus to justify these issues.
I'm positive about this new system, though; personally, I'm more interested in the other things the team have planned, especially if they include more full releases.

Additionally, will the use of different artifacts influence the appearance of the class? Could one artifact give it the addition of horned shoulderplates, say?

quote:

~original: @Skullkyopi
Or maybe I just miss Monty Oum's way of choreographing fights. I don't know. Le sigh.

I certainly do... it was a nice fusion of dance and martial arts technique.
DF MQ  Post #: 39
11/24/2017 12:07:15   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants

quote:

Though there's still the issue of exorbitant shipping costs...

supposedly that will be addressed finally. fingers crossed, right?

quote:

Additionally, will the use of different artifacts influence the appearance of the class? Could one artifact give it the addition of horned shoulderplates, say?

that is correct(though, i'm not quite sure about the horned shoulderplates). artifacts will be altering the skills/appearance of epoch. hopefully this means that there will be the occasional artifact that alters both skills AND appearance, but manages to keep the epoch feel to it.
DF  Post #: 40
11/24/2017 12:26:44   
Shiny_Underpants

^More like fingers tied around each other in a reef knot. Or a granny knot, I never really got the hang of reef knots...
Horned shoulderplates was just an example, though if the theme for any year is eyes, they'd fit in perfectly.
DF MQ  Post #: 41
11/24/2017 12:28:08   
Da Awesomancer

Umm, I'm kind of concerned about how Epoch will function, not as a class but as a calendar bonus.

How will it be distributed yearly? Will people get another Epoch class armor every time the get a new calendar, or will it just be the artifact after you get the first one? Will every character on a player's account get the artifact trinket, with only one getting the class so that an entire account can have the class and trinket combo without needing to purchase multiples of the calendar, or will there only be one artifact per calendar purchase?

This just seems like the sort of thing that could cause a lot of logistical issues in the future with each new calendar.

Personally, I'd want there to be a way to give every character the trinket so that I can give my secondary (and eventual tertiary) character(s) the Epoch class at some point down the road without preventing my main from getting that year's artifact, but I don't know how reasonable or likely that is.
DF AQW  Post #: 42
11/24/2017 12:32:01   
Greyor_42

@da awesomancer

i'm guessing that if the character you give it to already has epoch, they will just get the artifact. otherwise, they'll get both.
DF  Post #: 43
11/24/2017 21:18:31   
Sakurai the Cursed

It would be pretty nice if they were separate though, so you could give the artifact to a character that already has Epoch and then give the Epoch to another character, sans artifact. Because I mean, I'm going to give the artifact every year to my main character, there's no question about that, so every year past the first the Epoch part will be wasted if they're inseparable. Would be nice instead to at least be able to have the base class on my other characters, even if it won't have any artifacts to modify it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/25/2017 1:49:11   
Gabriel Castro

I don't think a locket should be taking the "bracer" slot. Instead, why isn't it using the "necklace" slot? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
Post #: 45
11/25/2017 1:59:40   
cltjames
Banned

Another calendar class. I was hoping they'd forego one this year in favour of working on porting DF to Unity. Only 2 more years and then Flash will be discontinued. Porting a whole game is not a task that can be done quickly or with a few people.
Post #: 46
11/25/2017 6:08:27   
Shiny_Underpants

If I recall correctly, AE are hiring a separate company to do the porting work. The game development staff have quite different skillsets than those required to port the games.
DF MQ  Post #: 47
11/25/2017 8:35:31   
cltjames
Banned

I hope so. Their spread pretty thin as it is, thanks in no small part to that crap Artix pulled with Ash and his poor marketing decisions.

< Message edited by cltjames -- 11/25/2017 15:26:01 >
Post #: 48
11/25/2017 12:01:06   
Vanilla Icecream

Correct me if I'm wrong; does this mean they have to make two different designs and skill sets next year? (Or one and a half?)
Sounds like a busy year to me...
DF  Post #: 49
11/25/2017 12:40:18   
Fire alandry

I believe that this year's artifact will change only some of the effects of the skills, not the animation. So one design, and.. 1.2 skill sets?
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes November 20: 2018 Calendars are now available!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition