Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Its been 10 years

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Its been 10 years
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2017 23:29:57   
lordmastersupreme

Today, 10 years and 1 week ago i was creating my dragonfable account. I never imagined i would still play it after all this time, but im still here (i actually lived more with dragonfable than without it.). Id like to thank you all for making this happen, i trully appreciate this game and this community from the bottom of my heart. And now i would also like to hear about your experience with dragonfable, feel free to answer this thread :)) and again: Thank you!

Please do not give real-life information. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 11/29/2017 22:10:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/28/2017 0:00:11   
TheWisestMage

December 31, 2007 - The day I took my first step in Dragonfable.

It was a rainy morning on New Year's Eve, so me and my cousin huddled around the computer to watch our elder cousin's exploits on the internet. Those were better times. That day, my elder cousin showed me Dragonfable, this free game that he had been playing for a few weeks. Wowed by the bright colors, the Dragons, and the magic, I created my own account that very same day. And the rest is history.

I've played consistently over the years, with my only hiatus happening sometime after the Water Orb and ending just as the Chapter 1 had ended. I'm amazed that this game has enchanted me for so long, it's a little mind-boggling. But Dragonfable has always had something that's kept me coming back for more. DF has a wonderful team behind it and I'm extremely grateful of the staff, past and present.

18 days ago, for my 18th birthday, I bought myself a Dragon Amulet, a dream I've had for the past 10 years. I remember that throughout my younger years I would ask my mother to buy me a Dragon Amulet, but she always declined. Even for my 18th she was hesitant to use her credit card for an internet transaction; it was lucky that I found an alternate payment method in cash (in my country you can pay at a 7/11). I am definitely enjoying the new content I can access thanks to the DA; and I haven't even touched the Dragon Amulet-only story arcs.

To the DragonFable team, you've provided me with countless hours of entertainment. You've let me go on adventures in seas of sand, ancient underground cities, and places I couldn't have ever possibly imagined. Your game has allowed me to fight with memorable allies and against fearsome foes. It took 10 years but well, may my Dragon Amulet be your well-deserved paycheck for years of excellent service. I plan to upgrade the rest of my account soon, so expect some more on the way. And well, I just recently purchased a few DC's to buy that Storybook Collection you just released. It's been a blast guys, and I look forward to continuing to support the game.

To Geo, Ghost, Dracelix, Cronix, Alina, Cysero, Rhubarb, Thyton, Cysero and all the others who have worked on this game; and especially to Tomix, Verly, and (though he has left the game) Ashendal: thank you for making this game AWESOME! Words cannot describe how appreciative I am. Thank you for making one of my favorite video games ever.

All right that was very mushy and gooey. Enough with all this feelings crap.

BATTLE ON!
DF AQW  Post #: 2
11/28/2017 5:11:38   
Firedam

Can I join this ten-year club? Man, I remember sneakily making a DF account when I was 12-going-on-13, terrified of the internet police finding me for the age restriction violation. I think it was just after the first time Falconreach got sacked, and I kept that staff of falconreach for ages. I've been playing on and off for years due to college and because holy fudgesicles, a real JOB, and it really amazes me to think this game has been here alongside me for all of that. I was a kid. Now I can call myself an adult. That's insane. DF has been a huge inspiration in creativity and imagination for me--the art, the music, and the story just sort of... sweep away any creative mental cobwebs I'm stuck in. Still don't know how it does that, and I can't really describe how grateful I am for it. There's been some grey times this game's got me through.

think i'll catch up on the past few months' quests now. :)
DF AQW  Post #: 3
11/28/2017 9:44:47   
asgaron

OH CRAP
I just realized i actually joined in 2006
i remember having the same feeling back them dragon fable was kinda an eye opener to certain experiences i started playing adventure quest, mech quest and dragon fable around the same time and felt scared for ignoring age rules

< Message edited by asgaron -- 11/28/2017 9:47:58 >
Post #: 4
11/28/2017 9:46:31   
Tomix
Soulweaver

❤️
DF  Post #: 5
11/28/2017 10:17:49   
Greyor_42

so...did all of us just sort of ignore the age restriction when we first joined or something? i joined back in 2006 myself, when i was 11. unfortunately, that account is lost to the annals of time(because i had forgotten the password and never wrote it down).

i can honestly say that these 11 years of playing dragonfable have defined who i am as a gamer.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 11/28/2017 10:31:56 >
DF  Post #: 6
11/28/2017 10:48:46   
asgaron

Thats sad and pleasant to hear
Post #: 7
11/28/2017 11:35:04   
Chewy905

Iíll be joining the 10 year club on the 5th of next month. Started when I was 7, has been one of the only games Iíve never put down since starting it. I adore dragonfable and everything and one involved in it. Discovering these forums and then the AE discord has allowed me to discuss, bicker, and debate with tons of people that share this passion with me and Iíve adored every moment. Thank you Devs for creating, molding, and expanding this game that means so much to so many people.
Post #: 8
11/28/2017 13:09:25   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @Greyor_42
so...did all of us just sort of ignore the age restriction when we first joined or something?

Er... not to say it would've applied, but I actually wasn't aware of the age restriction when I made my account. I knew there was one for the forums.

I originally signed up some nine and a half years ago. I played Mechquest during its golden period of development, but eventually grew tired of its lack of variance. I created my current account in 2013, finished the original saga (with something of a 'meh' reaction), discovered the Tomix saga (which was significantly less 'meh'; and in book 3 it is emphatically not 'meh'), and received a DA as an early Christmas present two years after the account's creation.
DF MQ  Post #: 9
11/28/2017 13:26:04   
Da Awesomancer

I think most people disregarded the age restriction when they first signed up to DF. I myself was 8 or 9 when my first account was created.

Knowing that I've been playing for over 10 years myself makes me feel really old.
DF AQW  Post #: 10
11/28/2017 13:41:37   
lastspartan

10 years, feels like yesterday I slayed my first monster and my awe for the game began.
Post #: 11
11/28/2017 13:44:00   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

This September marked 10 years of playing DF for me as well. I still remember when I first made it to Falconreach, getting my dragon and started working my way through the Orb sagas. Such good memories and looking forward to making more ^^

DF AQW  Post #: 12
11/28/2017 13:56:46   
G Man

10 years and 4 days.
Time does truly fly.
Just.. wow....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/28/2017 17:38:03   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

I never realized I would end up WORKING with one of AE games xD
DF AQW  Post #: 14
11/28/2017 17:44:02   
Kyros127

I remember signing up when DF was still in beta. I was a Guardian in AQ and one of the rewards for purchasing Guardian status was getting to try this new game the AE team was working on at the time which turned out to be DF. This was back when DF was still pitched as a prequel (5 years before the events of AQ). So that was around 2005 or 2006 I think.

I remember how much DF was a step up from AQ in terms of art design and battle system (which seems reminiscent of RPGs at the time) and realized how this was something which could hold my interest over a period of time. My earliest memories were running around in the Fire Cave (which eventually became the Fiery Heart of Mt. Shining Star) which was the only dungeon/quest available at the time, finding the Beserker Blade of Carnage and repeatedly taking trips back to the blood foundation at the entrance to heal.

After that I had an on and off relationship with DF (mostly logging each Saturday to see the new update) until I dropped it completely around 2008 or 2009 I think. I had finished Book 1 and Book 2 wasn't quite holding my interest like Book 1 did. I picked DF back up in 2014 or 2015 (maybe out of nostalgia or for reasons I can't completely really remember) and it's been fun seeing the changes and improvements which have happened.

I just realized my experience is similar to the DF Hero's in a meta sense in that they got frozen for 5 years and returned to a changed world while I took a even longer hiatus and returned to new quests and a new storyline.
Post #: 15
11/28/2017 20:42:18   
TheWisestMage

The "10 Year Club", I like the sound of that. Sounds a bit like tenure if you ask me.

And yes, haha, I think most of us ignored the age restriction thing haha. I was 8 at the time.
DF AQW  Post #: 16
11/28/2017 20:49:30   
Sakurai the Cursed

The 12 year anniversary of DF's first public testing is coming up in a few days (Nov 31), so that'll be my anniversary as well since I played in that very first Guardian beta. But my history goes back well before launch, to the months prior that they announced the project and my religiously following all news regarding its progress afterwards. I had already been playing AQ for years by that point, but something about DF just struck me; I suppose it really was pretty amazing for the time, there really weren't any other free-roaming browser RPGs like this back then, aside from some more humorous (or, uhm... let's say edgy) ones on Newgrounds or something. And here I am 12 years later, still playing the game and still loving it, so they've certainly done something right. :p

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 11/29/2017 4:15:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/29/2017 3:42:10   
airfireice

I started playing in 2006... damn. Feels like a lifetime ago.
DF MQ  Post #: 18
11/29/2017 4:40:02   
Lord Run

for me it was more then ten years by now i don't know how many years it was if it was 10 or 11 maybe 12 one thing is for sure more then 10 years.
i think its the only game i ever played for more then a century without once taking a brake for even one week,i spouse it is the most payed off thing i ever payed for in the net
i mean a thing that serves you more then 10 years is quite proven to be worth it,even if ill stop love the game one day i still had more then 10 years in it wich is more then i think
any one in Israle ever played a single game,i don't think i ever played a single game for so long,the only game i ever played for more then 2 years other then Artix Entertainment games is heavily modded Skyrim and i replaced mods all the time,i spouse that an ever growing games are the best kind of games the type that never ends and true some times i wishs for a testifying ending
but i don't think ill ever find any game like dragonfable after it will end,i don't think ill ever end up playing a deffrent game for more then 10 years my only regret is that i didn't join the forums
back in its glory days when it was on its peak but like the old said is going "better latter then never".
at any rate i thaink AE team for creating a game i enjoyed from for over 10 years and wish that the ending if it will come will over come my expatiation and blows up my mind as this game
did for over 10 years for the best game deserves the best ending of them all. so all i have to say is simply thank you very kindly yours Lord Run.
Post #: 19
11/29/2017 10:46:30   
Zekrom5

I've "just" played the game for seven (soon eight) years, but it feels like it has been forever. I joined back in the spring of 2010 (i've lost my original character, so I don't know the exact date), and I was just nine at the time. I barely knew a word English back then...

Some of the cool kids in my class had found out about this game, which meant that pretty much everyone started to play it. I was a bit hesitant at first, since my friends couldn't even give a satisfactory answer to what the game was about (something like "you go around and kill stuff, get weapons and level up occasionally", which I as someone who hadn't played any RPGs at that point didn't think sounded too interesting) but after a while I decided to try it out anyway.

Everyone else stopped playing pretty soon, but I kept at it. Around the time Book 3 started, I got into the game a bit more for real. I started playing weekly releases, I discovered the design notes (yeah, it took that long time) and a bit later the forums. I remember the first war that I lurked the war thread for (That Turducken War. Nice choice...) and I joined the forums at the end of 2012. I, who still wasn't too good at English, and had just about no experience with communicating with people on the Internet, found it to be an awkward experience at first, so I left the forums for a while.

I started to get back into the forums slowly, mostly during war threads. The DragonRider war was something of a breakthrough, and I felt like I was a part of the community for real. And during all this time, DragonFable have just gotten better and better, and I've just gotten more and more involved with the community, especially during wars.

So, thank you, to everyone that have worked on DF, especially the current team, for making something that have defined a big part my childhood.
DF  Post #: 20
11/29/2017 11:06:44   
asgaron

I was six in 2006 i really enjoyed the stories of dragon fable going into them it felt so fresh they were not at all too cliche and i would honestly they are one of the best in game tales ive ever seen still keeping that consistency of quality if not even better till now
Post #: 21
11/29/2017 15:04:28   
katcult

I've been in DF since beta - like many I started in AQ but preferred the walkaround style that DF provides. Love the storylines and the puns!! My favorite online game.
AQ DF  Post #: 22
11/29/2017 18:49:21   
Womba

I'm way too young and awesome to be feeling old. C'mon, man.

< Message edited by Womba -- 11/29/2017 18:53:03 >
DF AQW  Post #: 23
11/29/2017 19:38:48   
The Jop

I made an account a little late, but I've still played for over 10 years. Geez, time flies when you're having fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/1/2017 15:57:51   
necro emperor

2018 will be my tenth year in DF. No, not just that, my tenth year with AE games as a whole. DragonFable was the first one of their games I started playing.

It looks like I'm one of the few here who actually paid attention to the age restriction, being 14 at the time.

< Message edited by necro emperor -- 12/1/2017 15:58:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Its been 10 years
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition