Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Loose Ends of Dragonfable

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The Loose Ends of Dragonfable
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/1/2017 8:24:33   
TheWisestMage

Just a general thread to discuss some loose plot threads and characters in the game.

For example (Spoilers for the Tomix Saga below):
spoiler:

I still wonder to this day about Vaal's Chaosweaver Army. Apparently, as the years passed by, the curse of the Judgement Wheel was lifted and the Chaosweavers of Ravenloss returned to their human forms. As Vaal grew weaker and weaker his army left him, not even Vaal knows where they are.

Now the Chaosweavers were pretty much a nomadic tribe till they settled in Ravenloss. Where are they now, I wonder? A group of magical anarchists with the ability to manipulate people's souls doesn't sound like a threat that should be taken lightly. Are they travelling in the Land of Dragons? Did they decide to return to Azevyr? Or did they find some new place to settle?

DF AQW  Post #: 1
12/1/2017 9:13:44   
Zekrom5

I actually started to replay book 3 just a few hours ago, with the intent to (besides just re-experiencing the awesomeness) note down interesting things. Mainly for a timeline guide that we over at Gabriel's DF Discord server are doing, but also general weird and interesting things and loose plot threads.

Already in the quest "A Hero is Thawed", I found something interesting (but really minor).
quote:

*Dian (A Rose soldier) holds a chain and smiles evilly*

Dian: We should take him back to Asterid....

Who or what is Asterid? That name (whether it's a person or a place) has never appeared again.

I've found a lot more noteworthy things, but none of them fit under the theme of "Loose Ends". I might share the list someday. It may very well end up really long at this rate.
DF  Post #: 2
12/1/2017 13:51:43   
asgaron

Well in one of the latest missions you get from espina rosa jaania is like its not like it can get any worse then she sees a typeof flower and produces this oh no face for some reason i never came on to the forum for a long time so i don't know if this was discussed but was that xan?

Another considerable 'Loose End' is leatalis i wrote download a story suggestion in the story ideas threat about maybe leatalis and his gate keepers the rose open a place they secretly gaurd and unleashed an evil and so they are brought back with a definitive ending cause that just weird how the quest line was ended abruptly
Post #: 3
12/1/2017 14:08:40   
Da Awesomancer

@asgaron Yeah, those were the same type of elemental roses that Xan used to make for Jaania before he was turned into a flaming lunatic.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
12/2/2017 11:58:16   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@asgaron

True Mortal is still ongoing in Book 2, it gets updated like once a year or so. It didn't really end yet.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
12/2/2017 19:33:57   
asgaron

Ty cause with jaania one of biggest fears is getting plot points wrong and getting certain bit of info im glad i was right

and with leatalis i didnt know so ty

another loose end will we see more of the anomaly and i hope they introduce the dracomancer race into the game as well as let us see the capitol of the dark elves which people might find irrelevent but it was mentioned when u pass one of the npcs in ravenloss book 3

< Message edited by asgaron -- 12/2/2017 19:37:43 >
Post #: 6
12/3/2017 5:44:21   
Lord Run

maybe the Rose butchered them like all the other magic users who don't serve the kingdom.
Post #: 7
12/3/2017 8:13:58   
brotherinlaw

@asgaron: I know this is just semantics, but don't you mean you want them to introduce the dracomancer class with the vartai race?
And I, as well, would like to see more Cyrus and company, especially in Dragonfable's art style.

Anyway, you want a loose end? How does Constantine fit into Dragonfable's Darkovia? Do Erimus and Balius (Wolfwing and Nightbane for the plebs) even exist in Dragonfable? I mean, I know they're different games and all, but it would be nice if the staff at least TOLD us whether those three exist.

And, we're almost forgetting the biggest loose threads: 1. Aria has lived all these years thinking Grams was Sepulchures spy, and 2. Who is Gravelyn's biological father! (For those who don't play AQ3D, the bank vault has quests where you find things like Dage's phylactory and the prophecy of the Devourer. When you turn in the quest for Gravelyn's birth certificate, it says
spoiler:

That it was to worn to read anything but Lyn..I. We already knew about Lynaria, DANGIT!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/3/2017 8:49:11   
Kailaa

what do you people think of in the next chapter or later in chapter 3 we see chaos in dragonfable i mean we still have drakath and post kathool hero

could be but in the same time it couldnt you have to remember that all of ae games ar in difrent timelines

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post.

If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior.~Elryn

< Message edited by Elryn -- 12/3/2017 11:02:59 >
Post #: 9
12/3/2017 10:33:47   
Steel_King

Drakath is a huge loose end floating around. We assume he is still alive after the events of the Final 13th, but if so, what has he been doing this whole time?
Post #: 10
12/3/2017 11:56:49   
LouisCyphere

Drakath was written out of the story by the end of Book 1 Finale.
I doubt the staff are just going to put him back in DF after Drakath became AQW's resident edgelord.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/3/2017 11:57:35   
Kailaa

perhaps his been training geting stronger watching from distance waiting buying time for himself to return
as well as training how to use his chaos powers we do know he has chaos as well
also fair enough i doubt that too but they can re write him here after all dragonfables difrent timeline

< Message edited by Kailaa -- 12/3/2017 11:58:46 >
Post #: 12
12/3/2017 13:07:30   
lastspartan

Playing Calamity and Caitiff called Dove a Light one. What is a Light one?
Also we were told about a mission to strengthen our bond with our dragon we have not received that yet either?
Post #: 13
12/3/2017 19:17:01   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Kailaa - The DF staff confirmed that Chaos won't be a thing in DF.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/3/2017 23:32:50   
Steel_King

I'm fine with that, I would just like an in-game explanation for what is happening with Drakath. Even if it is like the end of the Dragonmage Saga. "Continued in..."
Post #: 15
12/4/2017 12:40:31   
Rafiq von den Vielen

quote:

I doubt the staff are just going to put him back in DF after Drakath became AQW's resident edgelord.

No edgelord is ever complete without a dramatic return to the main event's spotlight.
Post #: 16
12/4/2017 13:57:39   
LouisCyphere

We already have our resident edgelord here (Looking at you Seppy)
Having two edgelord seems a bit too much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/4/2017 19:30:42   
brotherinlaw

Chaos will likely remain an AQW exclusive, as it should. Drakath, however, may make a return as the Elemental Dragon of Darkness. I know AQ currently has a focus on Drakath, but I think it would be fun to have that explained in real time instead of flashbacks. AQ has a surpluses of those already.

Besides, it's basically an AE tradition to kill Slugwraths. Who would want to break up a tradition?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/5/2017 3:11:10   
asgaron

Brotherinlaw they exist they have been mentioned just no focused on the vartai race exist in the game u see some of them in ravenloss as for the others i think u can find dialogue somewhere but im not sure

also brotherinlaw gravelyn like artix dont even come from that dimension they are supposed to be incarnate champions of light and darkness however even though its all there df devs said they dont want to link dragonfable even though they can for some reason but yeah just to adress what u said
when artix was a kid he was being taken to his home for some reason i feel his biological farther could be the mysterious stranger it would be funny tbh and gravelyn could be a sister of the girl who was the daughter to one of the ruling queen of the plain of light forgot the specific names basically where all sentient light elementals stay and stuff

< Message edited by asgaron -- 12/5/2017 3:16:31 >
Post #: 19
12/5/2017 10:28:35   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^Punctuation exists.

I'm not a grammar nazi or anything but I had honest trouble finding out what you're saying.
Post #: 20
12/5/2017 14:00:27   
brotherinlaw

^agreed, no offense intended, but some of the posts on the forums make me feel like I'm having a stroke. It's really hard to debate an opposing viewpoint when the other party makes a post in a grammatical format that takes me an hour and a migraine to decipher.

You, Asgaron, are not that bad though. I've written many a run-on sentence on the RP's, so there is little shame in that. As to what you said, I walked through Ravenloss again and rediscovered Cyanar. Can't beleive I forgot that little gemstone of lore potential!

And as for Artix and Gravelyn, two things. First off, I've seen no evidence that the Artix and Gravelyn were adopted by their primary parents. Therefore, it is my theory that the elementals actually either implanted one of their own into the womb of their mother, or transposed an elemental over the soul of a pre-existing infant (a bittersweet thought, as that either means the original soul would pass on, or, should they only choose future miscarriages, it guarantees a child to parents that would have been heartbroken instead). Secondly, the Champions are a story element unique to AQW, and will likely never even receive mention.

However, Artix HAS stated intentions to have his DF character's story more closely resemble his AQW analogue rather than the older one from AQ. He has even altered the abilities of his guest character to match the new lore, as they originally resembled his AQ characters abilities. So, while him being a Champion of Darkness is almost certainly out of the question, it seems Artix is likely going to want his character to be a Darkness Elemental incarnated as a human. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot my two FAVORITE loose ends: First, those left by the great reset. we still have who-knows how many MQ relics and Shadowscythe ships laying around, waiting to be rediscovered. Plus we have plenty of people who haven't even been resurrected yet, from Queenadent Odessa (perhapse as an older woman, it would be nice for Alteon to find someone new) to Lord Valoth (He would be mentioned in the database recording nearly every world, plus some pieces may have survived the explosion).
The second, an old favorite of mine; It has been 15-20 years since Artix's axe, possessing one of the most powerfull Darkness beings we know of, was lost. While some of us may be in possession of an axe-doom weapon, the cannonical Shadowreaper of Doom has had nearly two decades to corrupt and fester, either controlling some hapless adventurer or, even worse, discovering a way to possess a body just like Caitiff did. And considering Caitiff was a low tier Doom weapon, we had better find the thing before it becomes more powerfull than anything we've faced.

Or, as I hope will happen, Sepulchure will find the axe and the spirit of his first Necrotic Blade of Doom and forge a new Blade and armor, returning as the best villain and, this time, unhindered by the backstabbing, the imposed limitations, and the faulty strategies of his master!
LONG UN-LIVE THE SHADOWSCYTHE!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/5/2017 14:33:06   
Greyor_42

@brotherinlaw

quote:

it seems Artix is likely going to want his character to be a Darkness Elemental incarnated as a human

actually, it's more that artix DID bond with the darkness orb, and is thus naturally locked into darkness magic because of it, like vayle. the difference between him and her is that he chose to follow the path of light, and found a way to circumnavigate his newfound limitation by fighting alongside purified spirits.

quote:

While some of us may be in possession of an axe-doom weapon, the cannonical Shadowreaper of Doom has had nearly two decades to corrupt and fester, either controlling some hapless adventurer or, even worse, discovering a way to possess a body just like Caitiff did.

actually, based on the description of the one we got, it is artix's old axe canonically.

quote:

Sepulchure will find the axe and the spirit of his first Necrotic Blade of Doom and forge a new Blade and armor, returning as the best villain and, this time, unhindered by the backstabbing, the imposed limitations, and the faulty strategies of his master!

the NBoD was literally just an extension of MS's will though. and he's already shown that he wants nothing more than to destroy that spirit.
DF  Post #: 22
12/6/2017 20:31:54   
brotherinlaw

@Greyor- I just recalled my discussion on a previous thread, probably with an Archknight (I argue lore with a LOT of Archknights, I'm lucky they're all such nice people) and I made a serious blunder.
They, and I wish I could reference you to the thread, said that Artix wanted his character`s POWERS, not his story, to be more like his AQW counterpart. His STORY was pretty self explanatory and unchanged, and his POWERS would represent that he was a... crap, can't remember what they're called. A person born with a natural affinity for an element and it's orb, such as Vayle and Drakonnan. So, in that, you were right.
However, I would like to point out that, as of right now, Artix's inability to use light magic and his use of spirit orbs (totally off-brand necromancy, by the way) are only canon in AQW and can only be guessed to be the situation of Dragonfable.

Anywho, I believe it was said that the player's wielding of a Doom weapon is non-canon, just as many of DF's classes are. However, as I cannot give a reference to that end, let's assume either of us could be correct on it's canoninity (is that even a word?)

Finally, you got to admit, reforging the Necrotic Blade of Doom with a second Doom Spirit (and I feel the NBod's sentience indicates it to be a separate spirit of darkness loyal to the Mysterious Stranger and consumed by him at the finale) to make it more powerful and under his control would be a more poetic revenge.
Plus I think Sepulchure's current 'condition' is the result of his armor trying to consume him without a Blade to control it. It would make sense, since Sepulchure got the armor from the NBoD, and the Stranger could have made it so Sepulchure needed the Blade so the Blade would, in turn, control him.

...actually, as viable as that all sounds, I just want Ghost or To mix To give Sepulchure an art update based on their interpretation of Miltonius/Nulgath's painting.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/6/2017 20:51:18   
Greyor_42

@brotherinlaw

ash has previously stated that the hero has canonically bought ONE of the doom weapons from the MS, and either kept it as a doom weapon, or got it purified by artix. so if you own the blinding light of destiny, yeah. that's the original that artix once owned. and this is one of the things that word of god has yet to refute, so it may as well be canon. as for classes being non-canon, only the special offer/DC classes are non-canon(with the chickencow lord line being the exception, due to mootopolis having someone who "trains" you in ACC).

quote:

and his POWERS would represent that he was a... crap, can't remember what they're called. A person born with a natural affinity for an element and it's orb, such as Vayle and Drakonnan. So, in that, you were right.

closest thing i can think of is aegis, since that's what aqua was referred to as in regards to the water orb.

now, i didn't say "spirit orbs", just spirits, and it more or less is the canon situation, thanks to how the elemental orbs work in DF. if you attune to an orb and its element, which artix and vayle did, you get locked into that orb's element, and in return, get an enormous powerboost to use of that element. note how artix describes his interactions with the undead:

quote:

Artix: I can hear their voices in my mind... and they want to be free. That is why I battle... I will not stop until I free them all!

he's technically using dark magic to be able to hear their desires, whether or not he's aware of this fact is unknown. as for how he makes destiny weapons, it was said somewhere in a thread that he removes the evil spirit and asks one of the spirits he freed from being an undead if they want to inhabit the weapon in the darkness spirit's place and help free more souls, or something along those lines.

oh, and i missed something from your earlier comment.

quote:

First off, I've seen no evidence that the Artix and Gravelyn were adopted by their primary parents.

tomix said a while back that DF gravelyn is adopted, unlike her AQW counterpart.
DF  Post #: 24
12/8/2017 1:24:32   
brotherinlaw

Ah, Ash, one of the aforementioned Archknights whose patients is appreciated. While much of his lore input has been negated, the majority has been confirmed by Tomix to be law unless disputed by the team or game. So, with a grain of salt, I disapointedly concede this point (not because I wanted to be right, but because I REALLY wanted to see what the thing Art is trapped looked like and how powerfully it was...)

...Aqua? You mean Aquella? actually, I had forgotten about her, thanks. And, for the most part, I was agreeing with you. There is no evidence in DF, however, that an aegis is unable to use the opposite element or that Art is is using spirit magic. I'm not saying you're wrong, in fact, I think you're right. I'm just saying not to make it out as fact, as Artix's powers are, as of yet, mostly unexplored in DF.

Finally, I meant the one in AQW, the ones who actually are mortal incarnations of Elementals. However, if Gravelyn IS adopted, that could mean Alteon is the father. However, that could just mean she's Sepulchure's illegitimate daughter from when Alteon and Lynaria were still married (which, one might assume from AQW's story, was up to her death), whom he adopted as his own upon her death.
Huh, I just realized, for Sepulchure to get Gravelyn, Lynaria must have been pregnant and close to term when she was killed. Otherwise, Alteon would have looked for the child. While this is a rather grim fact in DF, where her death led to Valen becoming Sepulchure, in AQW, it was a light magic "So radient, so brilliant that only the fabled Champion of Light should have been able to cast it" that triggered Sepulchure's armor's defenses and killed her. Since she was likely channeling the powers of her unborn baby, this might mean Gravelyn, indirectly and by no true fault of her own, may have been responsible for her mother's death.

Ah, back on topic, I just remembered another loose end. How does Alteon not recognise
spoiler:

his former best friend is Jaania's right hand man, Amadeus?
and don't tell me he hasn't seen them, he relays messages for her all the time and she lives at his castle.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The Loose Ends of Dragonfable
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition