Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes: December 1: Legion Challange at the Arena!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes: December 1: Legion Challange at the Arena!
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/1/2017 20:21:00   
Greyor_42

@Recynon

your "evidence" is literally just describing a bad patch in the RNG. results of any RNG are predetermined by the seed. there are good patches, and bad patches. both can last for incredibly varied periods of time, and even rapidly alternate.

and again, i would parry 75% of their attacks, normal OR heavy with just the necromancer shield skill and the B/P/D i get from my gear, which gave me about 180 B/P/D. the only things that got through were the occasional crits while the shield was active.

now, it's possible that the challenge bosses run on a "weighted RNG", where certain results are more favored, and thus more likely to pop up, but it's still RNG, and still predetermined by the seed. you were simply unlucky, is all.

what @henius lon said is ALSO a possibility, and the heavy attacks simply bypass the RNG. but that still isn't cheating. for one thing, quite a few of the classes in this game have skills that do JUST that(a prime example being the dragoneye skill for dragonlord), and still roll out of 180 anyways, just to see if they roll a 1 and are forced into a guaranteed miss(if we're going by that logic, you wouldn't have been hitting a bad patch at all, i'd just have been hitting an absurdly good patch). and there are a few NPC's and classes that have hidden stats that we can't actively see(like the manaphages, whose stats say they deal around 25 or so damage, but instead deal somewhere around 100+ damage per hit due to a hidden multiplier).

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/1/2017 20:23:45 >
DF  Post #: 26
12/1/2017 20:22:29   
Bamzalot

@|3onez
quote:

Also the legion bracer and eternal locket items dont add to the total stats or show any changes, i dont think they are working properly.

I have noticed this as well with the Legion Bracer. The stats aren't adding.
Post #: 27
12/1/2017 20:26:34   
Greyor_42

@bamzalot

which challenge quest rewards the legion bracer(hoping it's not the centaur+crawler double trouble one)?

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/1/2017 20:29:05 >
DF  Post #: 28
12/1/2017 20:29:39   
|3onez

@Greyor_42

You have to beat both at once, i dont know if its an automatic drop or not since i got it on my first attempt. I will fight both again and hope to win and see if i get the drop again.
Post #: 29
12/1/2017 20:31:26   
LouisCyphere

@Greyor:
It is.

It looks like the Legion Bracer affects Necro Paragon armor. Some skills summon an undead to inflict the debuff/buff. Like "Life", "Boon" and "Intent".
Will, Seed, Raise, Familiar and Final seems to be unaffected by the Legion Bracer.

What is odd is that you can equip/unequip Legion Bracer mid battle. So is it like a pseudo-artifact?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/1/2017 20:35:20   
Greyor_42

@louiscyphere

boon and intent already summon an undead minion, and with life, it's either a bug, or seed proccing. based on what the design notes say, legion bracer isn't an artifact at all....yet. but it will be made into one with some sort of effects later.
DF  Post #: 31
12/1/2017 20:38:49   
LouisCyphere

Well, I haven't used Necromancer for a long time so my memory must be messing with me.
The bracer has good stats too. +5 Crit on a bracer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/1/2017 20:40:24   
Recynon

I am now 100 percent sure that the Centaur's big attack hits you no matter what, which makes it unavoidable unless you're expected to come up a strategy to stun him right before he does it or something like that. It's either a bug or the programmers intended for this to happen, in which case it's pretty unfair because it leaves you with no chance of surviving the duo challenge. You can't kill the Centaur fast enough to stop the attack either in the duo challenge.

Also your "argument" actually confirms what I've been thinking. The attacks run on a weighted RNG that increases their chances to hit. I don't mind if that happens, but you have to actually put the increased hit percentage in the stats so it doesn't feel like the game is being unfair.

The bracer doesn't actually add to your stats.

< Message edited by Recynon -- 12/1/2017 20:54:33 >
Post #: 33
12/1/2017 20:44:21   
Greyor_42

@louiscyphere what is the level requirement for the bracer?

also, does anybody have a recommended strategy for the double fight that doesn't involve a DC class, calendar class, or doomknight that isn't "pray endlessly to the RNG god like a madman"?
DF  Post #: 34
12/1/2017 20:48:41   
LouisCyphere

@Greyor:
The Legion Bracer is level 1.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/1/2017 20:51:19   
The ErosionSeeker

sooooooper secret strategy that was probably nerfed 3 hours ago ^:)
2 guests + Stanorb should be a given, the answer is probably to stunlock Abomination while whittling down the Crawler, or to burst the Abomination so it doesn't have time to use its nuke, and keep the Crawler blinded.

Ascendant or a class with a loopable blind should be able to manage.

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 12/1/2017 21:07:38 >
DF AQW  Post #: 36
12/1/2017 20:52:34   
|3onez

I used Necromancer with Artix and Nythera, put the abomination to sleep first then just nuke all you can on the crawler. Having your dragon be defensive with 200 Assistance, Protection and Mischief also help.
Post #: 37
12/1/2017 21:04:42   
rycarflare

I beat The Abomination with IBR teamed with Nythera and Artix. I also managed to beat the crawler so I have my Otherworldly Amalgamation. Now I just need to make an attempt to get the Sigil because I only put my feet in the pool when the Matrix was released just to test the water.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
12/1/2017 21:09:02   
Lineolata

Remember, direct hit chance exists. The base is 1%, and every 20 points of LUK adds 1% to that. So no matter your defenses the bosses will have an 11% chance to hit since they have 210 LUK at 85.
AQ DF  Post #: 39
12/1/2017 21:26:22   
Da Awesomancer

I either found a glitch, or the Abomination is just unfair. I used Shroud on the turn right before he "Corrupted the Rot" and used his nuke attack, and I still took the damage. The last thing to affect me was his attack from the last turn, so I know I didn't add the resistance to something else.

As such, either Shroud has a delayed effect, a chance of not activating, or that thing pierces resistance.

Or maybe I just screwed up, but y'all may wanna keep an eye on that just in case.
DF AQW  Post #: 40
12/1/2017 21:28:19   
liger98

has anyone found a pattern to the Abomination's attack? Like how many turns until he does his OTK?
Post #: 41
12/1/2017 21:29:04   
Recynon

Nope it doesn't matter if you have 999999 defenses it still hits you no matter what. It's unavoidable. So whoever says it's bad luck or RNG is downright wrong, because you can literally prove it's not.
Post #: 42
12/1/2017 21:37:52   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

The more rot there is, the stronger, more likely to hit, and more health healed the corruption becomes.
AQ MQ  Post #: 43
12/1/2017 21:39:35   
Baron Dante

quote:

I am now 100 percent sure that the Centaur's big attack hits you no matter what, which makes it unavoidable unless you're expected to come up a strategy to stun him right before he does it or something like that. It's either a bug or the programmers intended for this to happen, in which case it's pretty unfair because it leaves you with no chance of surviving the duo challenge. You can't kill the Centaur fast enough to stop the attack either in the duo challenge.

Yes, it does have 100% hit chance.
It's supposed to be like that so you either 1) find a way to stop it (Stun at appropriate times) or 2) find a way to take the hit (Maximize Poison resistance)

quote:

I either found a glitch, or the Abomination is just unfair. I used Shroud on the turn right before he "Corrupted the Rot" and used his nuke attack, and I still took the damage. The last thing to affect me was his attack from the last turn, so I know I didn't add the resistance to something else.

As such, either Shroud has a delayed effect, a chance of not activating, or that thing pierces resistance.

Or maybe I just screwed up, but y'all may wanna keep an eye on that just in case.

Tried this out earlier (Maybe it changed? Doubt it though) and Shroud seemed to work fine, so the monster shouldn't have a way to get past that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/1/2017 21:41:37   
Da Awesomancer

@Baron Dante Then I probably just screwed up myself. Lord knows I've done that a few dozen thousand times before.
DF AQW  Post #: 45
12/1/2017 21:43:56   
|3onez

Can confirm the legion bracer drops 100%, beat both again with shadowwalker of time and artix+nythera

Stun the abomination then use shadow walker of times nukes on crawler, easy kills

< Message edited by |3onez -- 12/1/2017 21:46:45 >
Post #: 46
12/1/2017 21:49:18   
Mortel

Does anyone know how to use nythera correctly or what armor should I use to defeat the two in challenge?

psdt: the challenge seems impossible
DF  Post #: 47
12/1/2017 21:52:08   
|3onez

quote:

Does anyone know how to use nythera correctly or what armor should I use to defeat the two in challenge?

psdt: the challenge seems impossible

If you have a DA, use shadow walker of time and use the blade of awe weapon as your "show" weapon. Stun abomination on turn 1 and have nythera use her earth bound skill on the crawler. Save artixs special until after you use gears of time and nuke the crawler. It should be dead within 10 turns if you get lucky and dont receive the bug where 2 shadow charges are used.

turn 1: Doom (abomination)

Turn 2: decay (crawler)

turn 3: melee (crawler)
turn 4: umbra + penumbra
turn 5: gear of time (crawler)
turn 6: eternity ray (crawler)
turn 7: final (crawler)

< Message edited by |3onez -- 12/1/2017 21:56:33 >
Post #: 48
12/1/2017 22:04:25   
andybaum005

Finally beat the C & C challenge, albeit with DmK. Good way to go, IMO, is to go fully offensive and try to take down the centaur as quickly as possible while keeping your HP high (Using Artix as a guest, your highest crit-equipment, as well as Stan-Orb) before it can pull off its nuke, then switch to high-blocking equipment, along with Poelala, having NSTB on you, and rotating your defensive skills once you get to the crawler. Still wasn't easy to beat, but it's doable.

< Message edited by andybaum005 -- 12/1/2017 22:05:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
12/1/2017 22:31:05   
Chazero

Currently fighting the Abomination with Paladin. Even with if it was very close to the minimum of the rot's power, the corruption still managed to take out about 60% of my HP.

I am also starting to have thoughts that it may be better to use Necromancer for this one, considering that it has that one skill that protects the player from the monster's last used element.

Edit: Beat the thing with Necromancer.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 12/1/2017 22:45:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes: December 1: Legion Challange at the Arena!
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition