Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes: December 1: Legion Challange at the Arena!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes: December 1: Legion Challange at the Arena!
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2017 10:03:44   
Hokura

I don't know if it is a bug or if it is intended, but with the necro paragon when you use Shroud of the undead (+140 resistance) against the Legion Crawler, it gives you resistances against Health, so now your healing hurts you AND the boss is still doing damage to you, is this really intended? It feels like a cheap way to counter Necromancer armor in this challenge...

Pd: I'm not using Stan the ScanOrb nor any source of healing

< Message edited by Hokura -- 12/2/2017 10:08:41 >
Post #: 76
12/2/2017 10:08:39   
mahasamatman

Well, I just ROFLSTOMPED them with DMK to get the armor, and finding out it's a reskin is a bit of disappointment, but whatever. At least I didn't have to farm for it.

I am happy to finally get a worthwhile bracer. Minmaxing FTW!
DF  Post #: 77
12/2/2017 11:08:50   
Sakurai the Cursed

So uhh... I really like the Necro Paragon, but it increases the size of equipped weapons by quite a lot and the results can be kind of... ridiculous. Any chance this could be removed, or at least scaled back a bit?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
12/2/2017 11:14:15   
Zekrom5

By the help of a poison resist of 89 (counting All res too), I didn't find the bosses to be too challenging. The biggest problem was the Abomination's heal, but with the help of SWoT's healing debuff that was manageable as well. The armour is pretty cool, but I doubt I'll use it much since I don't really like playing as evil-based classes.
DF  Post #: 79
12/2/2017 11:26:17   
Greyor_42

@lostlong

no. i used the dragon pet, and like i said, the LAST thing to affect me was the rot DOT. and the last thing to affect me BEFORE that was the centaur's attack.
DF  Post #: 80
12/2/2017 11:34:19   
Kailaa

well you can potencialy just use some damage reduction skill to tank it maybe
but thats if you manege to time youre skills right
Post #: 81
12/2/2017 12:18:31   
Kaizoku

Ascendant + Stan + Artix + Mritha does wonders, can confirm. Now to do the maze...
DF  Post #: 82
12/2/2017 15:39:12   
Greyor_42

@sakurai the cursed seeing that image makes me wonder what the class does to the oversized rutilated ripper
DF  Post #: 83
12/2/2017 15:41:25   
Zekrom5

Anyone still struggling with the challenge: Poison res will help you a *lot*. Get ridiculous poison res (I got 89 poison+all without DCs/Rares). Then kill the crawler ASAP (preferably with the help of an offensive class and two offensive guests). Also bring a good support pet (like your dragon, if you've trained it right). Then laugh at the abominations face as your poison res stops even the nuke from being too dangerous.

My setup was OmniBlade (Ultra OmniKnight Blade works just as well, and that one isn't rare), Necro Paragon Cape IV, Defender's Dragon Ring (Can be replaced with Rose Magus Focus or Spiked Ring), Comedy Mask (Golden Dravir Helm is even better if you can stand the grind, I can't), Poison Ward Amulet IV, Summon Honda, and Defender's Dragon Belt (Can be replaced with Trithril Cobble Belt).

I'd also recommend SWoT since it has a healing debuff that is really useful since that abomination heals a ton when it nukes.

< Message edited by Zekrom5 -- 12/3/2017 1:47:15 >
DF  Post #: 84
12/2/2017 16:10:27   
Sakurai the Cursed

I got wrecked the first time I tried the double fight, so I just went in using Ascendant with Aegis and Mritha, and between the 3 of us stunning him, the blinds from Ascendant, Elemental Unity, and Patriot's Fury and the defense from the shields that both guests can share with the player, the Abomination never landed a single full hit on anyone. :p

@Greyor - It's, uhh, maybe just a little bit big. Just a little.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 12/2/2017 16:12:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
12/2/2017 16:25:51   
Deathollow

How do I get Artix and Nythera as guests? I forget.
DF  Post #: 86
12/2/2017 16:38:45   
Strength

@Zekrom

quote:

By the help of a poison resist of 89 (counting All res too),

Mind listing your items? I'd like to try using them.

Edit: Apparently I can't read and the items were there :P

< Message edited by Strength -- 12/2/2017 21:19:50 >

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 87
12/2/2017 17:02:20   
ArchNero

Cool challenge, wasn't too difficult but definitely caught me off guard with the poison nuke from the abomination.

Managed to beat the duo, I was using a glass cannon Ascendant build 200 INT/200 LUK and had Mritha as my guest, 200 healing pet dragon and no poison res equipment. I prioritized the abomination first, I think I got him to around to half HP and then stunlocked him until he died, so he couldn't get the chance to land the nuke. The crawler was self explanatory, just took a while for him to end his turn with how many attacks he does in a single turn.

Post #: 88
12/2/2017 17:07:35   
Baron Dante

quote:

My setup was OmniBlade (Ultra OmniKnight Blade works just as well, and that one isn't rare), Necro Paragon Cape IV, Defender's Dragon Ring (Can be replaced with Rose Magus Focus or Spiked Ring), Comedy Mask, Poison Ward Amulet IV, Summon Honda, and Defender's Dragon Belt (Can be replaced with Trithril Cobble Belt).

I'd replace Comedy Mask with Golden Dravir Helm VI, yes?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
12/2/2017 18:55:02   
Commander_In_Red

I beat the pair of them using my old Master Soulweaver build. Increase all damage using SoulSynchro and Soul Burst, focusing on the Crawler whilst also stunning the Abomination every chance you get. Use Nythera and Artix as your guests (I can't see a feasible way to do this alone). Also, pray. Pray a LOT that the crawler spends the majority of the fight focusing on Artix.

The Necro Paragon is awesome and actually makes me want to use the Necromancer again, but it really isn't worth the trips through the maze to get the pieces.
DF  Post #: 90
12/2/2017 19:47:31   
Melrakki018

Beat the crawler and abomination separately with little issue, then spent a few hours farming teleshards, and got the paragon armor. Looks awesome, but the time necessary to get it should be worth having a slight buff over base necro. That being said, I want to get the bracer for when it becomes an artifact, but I cannot for the life of me beat the pair. I can beat the crawler pretty reliably, but the abomination always seems to nuke me afterward. I've been using @|3onez's strategy, but it seems like I either have to get very lucky, or my gear at level 62 just isn't going to cut it.

edit: The paragon's potion is a skull. I am both bemused and disturbed by this.

< Message edited by Melrakki018 -- 12/2/2017 21:52:03 >
Post #: 91
12/2/2017 19:49:37   
Andlu

Got it done with Avatar of Time, stan, artix and mritha
had 25 poison resistance and 31 all resistance
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 92
12/2/2017 21:16:19   
boon

Best way to beat pair is defeat Abomination first then go after crawler
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 93
12/2/2017 21:39:40   
Phastore

Ooh boy! Thought that I won't be able to finish this insane challenge ever, thankfully, I finally managed to defeat both using MSW with Aegis and Mritha as guests together with my pet dragon, both died before finishing off The Abomination, I thought I'll have to repeat the battle again, fortunately, that Soul Banish attack activated foe annihilation and killed it right away having almost 1.4k hp still.
AQW  Post #: 94
12/2/2017 22:54:41   
LurkBlackSmith

Well for the standalone of the legion battles, like the abomination as I'm NDA. I chose Ranger as the class and the guests were Zhoom for his stun and DoT and Valenica for her DoT also. So played the long game of DoT and critical. Crawler was almost done the same way to test my long game except I got sidetracked by my big dinner.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 12/2/2017 22:55:38 >
DF  Post #: 95
12/2/2017 23:47:48   
Dragonlover333

Ranger class, Sir Leon, and Zhoom worked for me to beat the duo. We kept the abomination stunned most of the time, and focused on taking out the crawler first.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
12/3/2017 0:59:36   
Zekrom5

@Dante: Yes, the Dravir helm would help me get up to 91, which would let me take 22% less damage (so quite a lot). But I can't stand the grind for RNG drops... D=
DF  Post #: 97
12/3/2017 1:11:28   
Greyor_42

@zekrom5

quote:

But I can't stand the grind for RNG drops... D=

yet you utilize the trithril cobble belt- an RNG drop...

all joking aside, what stat allocation would you recommend for the dragon pet if one were to bring it to the C&C fight?

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/3/2017 1:13:14 >
DF  Post #: 98
12/3/2017 2:01:02   
Zekrom5

Well, I didn't use the Trithril belt. I used the Defender's Dragon Belt. But not everyone has farmed as much DMs as I have, so I thought I'd leave an alternative.

As for the dragon pet, a lot of people would recommend protection. It makes the dragon heal you, which can help with your longevity quite a bit. Other useful ones are Mischief and Assistance. I don't use the offensive ones (Magic and Fighting) since the dragon still does really little damage compared to you.
DF  Post #: 99
12/3/2017 2:21:45   
1997p3

Not sure if this is intended, but I realised that the weapon closer to the screen when the character is on the left sometimes stops spinning after using the skill "Final"
AQ MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes: December 1: Legion Challange at the Arena!
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition