Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why does our hero pick the locks on doors?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why does our hero pick the locks on doors?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2017 17:10:41   
Dog food

Anyone else wonder why our hero tries to pick locks and not simply destroy the doors with their powerful weapon and doomknight armour (or whatever you use)? :p
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/3/2017 17:24:33   
Silver Sky Magician

If whatever is of value happens to be leaning against the door, it might get destroyed as well.

Post edited. See your inbox. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 12/3/2017 19:00:41 >
Epic  Post #: 2
12/3/2017 17:26:25   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Well, there are a few possibilities that I thought of:

1:Super-powerful mega-locked ultra-durable magically sealed door(s) of invincibility! a.k.a We just can't break them down for some reason.
2: The doors are pretty. We couldn't live with ourselves if we busted such a pretty piece of architecture! Besides, what did said door do to us?
3: We're just trying to be sneaky, and busting a door down isn't exactly subtle.

Those are the ones that would make the most sense to me.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
12/3/2017 17:33:41   
docblade

For me, its just: "Our weapons are tools for defeating our enemies, not for breaking doors"
DF MQ  Post #: 4
12/3/2017 17:46:23   
GammaCavy

Because we don't want to damage the wewapon by using it as a lever once we've made teh cuts.
DF  Post #: 5
12/3/2017 18:17:41   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Why do you think Caitiff had to be LET IN into Falconreach?
Guardian Kain had to open the door (gates, in this case) for it.
Doors have too much HP, duh!
DF  Post #: 6
12/3/2017 18:46:26   
docblade

@^ THAT was the reason? I thougt it was kind of "cannot enter without being invited".
DF MQ  Post #: 7
12/3/2017 19:07:58   
  Gingkage

Wolf Rider of DFQ&A/GD/Guides/RP

@Docblade: That's vampires. :P

Personally, I think the hero picks the locks because if a skill goes unused for too long, it will rust. They need to keep their puzzle-solving skills sharp. You never know when something like that will save your life.

Or it could just be what Tomix said. Doors are simply too strong for even the mightiest of us to break.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
12/3/2017 19:27:31   
Sakurai the Cursed

That settles it. Cancel the current plans for rebuilding Falconreach, because I've got a better one; just surround the city with doors. A whole dome made of doors would be best, so even flying threats can't possibly do anything.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/3/2017 20:22:59   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD & RP

There's also the chance we may not want people to know we were in the room? It's a lot easier to re-lock a door than to duct-tape one back together after it's been shattered.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
12/3/2017 22:17:38   
Vaalirus

Fools! Everyone knows that the God of Doors would smite us in their splintery wrath if we harmed any of their subjects without proper cause! :P
DF  Post #: 11
12/3/2017 23:29:20   
Steel_King

All doors that we interact with are sleeping. Opening/closing is just them moving in their sleep. Lockpicking gets you past a door without it awakening.
If a door were to awaken...
Let's just say say I would take an insomniac Red-Bull-drinking Kathool over that option...

Even Caitiff knows when it's outclassed.
Post #: 12
12/3/2017 23:49:43   
Da Awesomancer

Can you imagine how much you could get charged for property damage after breaking a door? Of course the Hero lockpicks doors, it's the best option for the health of one's coin pouch.
DF AQW  Post #: 13
12/4/2017 3:20:01   
Ace Woodlink

quote:

Can you imagine how much you could get charged for property damage after breaking a door? Of course the Hero lockpicks doors, it's the best option for the health of one's coin pouch.

Agreed. Last thing I need is to be charged for additional property damage outside what happened during my days as a Technomancer.
MQ  Post #: 14
12/5/2017 6:06:16   
Flabagast

quote:

That settles it. Cancel the current plans for rebuilding Falconreach, because I've got a better one; just surround the city with doors. A whole dome made of doors would be best, so even flying threats can't possibly do anything.

INGENIUS!

We could get Cysero to forge us an armour made entirely of tiny wooden doors within a lattice of iron hinges and door frames! And a nice long door tower shield to match!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
12/5/2017 6:35:17   
mahasamatman

quote:

Why do you think Caitiff had to be LET IN into Falconreach?
Guardian Kain had to open the door (gates, in this case) for it.

...Caitiff's blast made a crater in the earth. It MELTED Ash's blade. I suppose the gates are enchanted, but come on.

And if normal axes can be used to break down a door (they can, although it'll take quite a while), than for an enchanted axe wielded by a super-strong person (at 200 str I suppose the hero is about Thor/Hulk strong, or at least Cap. America) it should be a piece of cake.
Not to mention some powerful spells some classes have.
Oh, and a Riftwalker should consider this whole discussion hilarious (unless you have to see a portal's location in order to create it).

So it makes sense for doors in places like the Valtrith tomb or in Blackwyn, where there are special defenses, or in inns where we don't want to cause damage, but in many places it's ridiculous.
DF  Post #: 16
12/5/2017 16:51:43   
Luks

You're a HERO that's why. Punching down doors in Falconreach just because they're locked is not heroish, though I believe that lockpicking is a great puzzle game and they make the game harder.
Strenght alone is nothing, but when put together with intelligence one can do wonders.

Your signature has been removed.
Forum limits are 500x100 pixels, 50kb max filesize.
Yours was too tall.
DF AQW  Post #: 17
12/7/2017 18:57:58   
Vonix

Summing all up; it's because pick-locking is fancier and sneakier. And it's a nice puzzle to do.

v exactly

< Message edited by Vonix -- 12/7/2017 19:11:25 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
12/7/2017 19:01:34   
Greyor_42

^and because DF doors are immortal. we can't break them down.
DF  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why does our hero pick the locks on doors?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition