Archivist is definitely nowhere near Tier 3, as suggested in this Tier list (http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22039708).
Here are the strengths & weaknesses of Archivist compared to Cryptic, which is a class grouped in the same tier:
+ Extremely powerful against bosses.
+ Celestia's Sorrow is pretty much a full heal.
+ Can deal lots of burst damage in 1 turn with Ultimate Orb Creation.
+ Skills deal a fair amount of damage.
- Cooldowns carry across battles, and in quests this is bound to make battles extremely tedious (and you'll complete them a lot slower in contrast to other classes, even when using the optimal combos - assuming you have them available). This can make using the armour a hassle in most quests (that aren't a single boss battle).
- The only stun within the class, Destroyer's Hunger, isn't a guaranteed stun.
- The only healing skill within the class, Celestia's Sorrow, has a 99 turn cooldown which persists between battles (Unless you change your armour). It heals 20% of your current health when attacking (Remember that 20%) - and if you finish the battle when using the skill, well, you've wasted it.
- It has no defensive skills such as a Blind/Shield (The only shielding move available, Celestia's Sorrow, has a 99 turn cooldown).
- The 'multi' skill, Wrath of Wargoth, deals 50% damage to enemies.
+ Has access to a potential 700+ HP heal every 2 turns (50% chance, and that's if your potions have been fully trained). Assuming you have 3000 HP (which is a LOT, mind you) - that's still 23% of your health healed. Without a 99 turn cooldown.
+ Can deal a lot of damage in certain combos.
+ Has a 350% damage skill on a 2 turn cooldown (Rapid attack).
+ Critical bonus chance increases over time.
+ Has >3< avoidance moves, with the potential to block 10+ enemy turns if used in succession. If "Steal a Potion!" is used within these turns, it's possible to achieve a similar effect to Celestia's Sorrow without a 99 turn cooldown.
+ Useful in normal quests and boss battles alike. Has a "final" skill to breeze past enemies.
-...Not as much burst damage as Archivist (?)
With these points listed, I think it's pretty hard to say that Archivist is remotely as strong as Cryptic - and if you compared it to the other classes in this tier such as TimeKiller, Kathool Adept & Pyromancer (<A class that has a full HP/MP heal with a 35 turn cooldown), you'll see that it really doesn't belong in T3.
Now let's compare it to Necromancer, a Tier 2 armour (post-shroud nerf).
+ Shroud of the Undead can potentially fully heal the class (or do a substantial amount of healing) if the enemy is strong enough. The cooldown doesn't persist between battles either. It's a guaranteed heal with no cooldown between battles (but with a 30 turn cooldown).
+ Life Tap heals 14% of your health and deals 14% (UNBLOCKABLE) total life damage to your enemy. It has a 9 turn cooldown and the cooldown doesn't persist between battles.
This class, already, has more survivability than Archivist (and maybe even Cryptic) - and that's even mentioning other skills such as Dark Intent. Regardless, let's continue:
+ Inner Will recovers 10% of your mana. The cooldown doesn't persist between battles, potentially allowing you to loop Inner Will/Shroud/Life Tap to never die in long quests (and have a LOT of survivability in boss battles).
+ Can potentially deal 1000 HP+ damage with certain setups, though with ~4 turns of preparation. The cooldown for this combo doesn't persist between battles and can be done multiple times in a boss battle.
+ Inspire Terror can be a guaranteed (1 turn) unblockable stun.
-...Takes a while to get used to the playstyle (?)
Again, there are little to no disadvantages when using this class or Cryptic - due to how useful they are in normal battles and boss battles (Due to their offensive capabilities & survivability). Archivist, however, is naturally disadvantaged in almost every situation besides boss battles. We were hinted that the class would receive 1 extra skill, but honestly - unless that skill resets cooldowns and persists between battles, I don't see that improving the viability of the class that much.
For that reason, I truly believe that Archivist is low-Tier 2 (Above Zardbie, but below TogSlayer) right now - and really needs more than an extra skill to be viable.
< Message edited by Winters Key -- 12/5/2017 14:39:03 >