Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The War on the horizon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The War on the horizon
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2017 9:04:20   
lastspartan

I have just played Queen of Swordhaven and it talked about a magic fissure. This got me thinking to a quest before where those mages dressed in black and white declared war on The kingdom of Greenguard. Since all the wars before were from darkness element based enemies, how will we fair against mages of another continent. Will this war bring the end of Book 3 and the spark for Book 4?
Post #: 1
12/7/2017 20:57:56   
Ace Woodlink

If war breaks out between the two continents, there WILL be heavy casualties on both sides. There won't be conservation of ninjitsu like with pre-Calamity saga wars. We're talking about a world war here.
MQ  Post #: 2
12/7/2017 22:45:49   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

We've never had a war this big before, and I'm not talking about army size. This war would be the first time we'd be fighting against a empire and a continent, not to mention that it's a empire that values magic above all else. I agree with Ace, I see a lot of death incoming if a war break outs and unless someone does something there's a very good chance that war will happen.

DF AQW  Post #: 3
12/7/2017 23:36:02   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

As the others have said; an international war would have catastrophic results...one thing to consider, however, is that we do have living weapons of mass destruction that the western continent doesn't have: Dragons. They alone could potentially change a war to a giant massacre if the westerners don't know how to defend themselves from them.

Would that be a more accurate possibility? A slaughter as opposed to a war?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
12/7/2017 23:50:31   
Greyor_42

@chaosweaver amon

remember, we saw the future. the magesteruim is still going strong until roirr gets there. it definitely wouldn't be a "slaughter".
DF  Post #: 5
12/7/2017 23:56:59   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@Greyor
but how far was that future? Could be before the war, could be DECADES after the war, heck, would be HILARIOUS if we win the war because "something" slaughtered the magesters in the citadel and the army was left without their leaders xD Kinda like a... paradox deus ex machina.
DF AQW  Post #: 6
12/8/2017 1:04:33   
Fire alandry

I really don't sure if in this war all the players will fight on the same side.
Of course, it's our land, but the Empire fights the Rose. Personally I love the Rose, but many players don't. This should be interesting.
DF  Post #: 7
12/8/2017 1:58:42   
Greyor_42

@ergotth

it apparently happens around the end of book 3, which would likely be after any war we have with the magesterium.

@fire alandry

while i may not be very fond of the rose, the empire didn't declare war on just the rose specifically. they declared war on the kingdom of greenguard. i will be temporarilly be siding with the rose during that war to defend the kingdom. and i'm sure there are many people who see it in some similar way. of course, we may no teven get a choice in the matter. because, remember, canonically the hero is currently anti-magesterium since, y'know, one of their golems cut down alteon, who the hero considers a friend.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/8/2017 1:59:54 >
DF  Post #: 8
12/8/2017 2:26:30   
Commander_In_Red

This'll be such a huge scale war that I will dare to ask the question I've had for the longest time.

Why do we not just Titan Dragon up and fight them in mass?

I realise that as a gameplay experience it'd be kinda easy, but realistically it's something that should have been done a long time ago. What can they really do against us when we're on dragonback?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
DF  Post #: 9
12/8/2017 2:33:03   
dragon_monster

quote:

As the others have said; an international war would have catastrophic results...one thing to consider, however, is that we do have living weapons of mass destruction that the western continent doesn't have: Dragons. They alone could potentially change a war to a giant massacre if the westerners don't know how to defend themselves from them.

Would that be a more accurate possibility? A slaughter as opposed to a war?

Yeah not really an common weapon to be fair besides the hero and one certain sir the kingdom lacks dragons. Granted the ones the kingdom has are very strong but enough to make such an difference as the empire we talk about has its own weapons and probably far far more mages.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
12/8/2017 2:52:28   
elixxon

We have beaten world destruction level forces.
Stomping something like a nation's military force is like an everyday Tuesday really....
DF  Post #: 11
12/8/2017 3:34:48   
Greyor_42

quote:

the empire we talk about has its own weapons

for once, i am actually in complete agreement with dragon_monster about something. i mean, did you forget that one conversation from "are rocks evil"?:

quote:

???: What now?
???: Prepare the Proclamation, of course.
???: Are we sure about that?
???: There's no choice.
???: We have started a war.
???: A war? With the Proclamations, it's not adequate to even call it a war.
???: Rightly so.
???: It's about time we expanded our empire...

clearly, the magesterium believes this "proclamation" of theirs to be of sufficient power that it wouldn't be a war, but a slaughter. and what's more, they apparently have more than one proclamation as well. if anything, dragons would serve only to neutralize whatever threat these proclamations might pose, at the expense of no longer posing a threat to the enemy empire.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 12/8/2017 3:35:09 >
DF  Post #: 12
12/8/2017 6:35:42   
Fire alandry

Beside the proclamation, I believe that the Empire has more knowledge about magic than us. Furthermore, it seems that they got a stronger army. It's not a group of stupid undeads, it's a group of srong war mechina. We may have many stronger soliders- Dragon Lords, mages, and so on; but most of our army are just people with some training. Not to mention that we have just finished a war against Caitiff, a war which killed many knights and Rose troops.

Another point is that the Greengaurd kingdom is divided to many factions: the Rose, the Vind, Vampires, Gaurdians, Atealan... We don't have enough information about the Shapeless Empire, but they seem more unified.
DF  Post #: 13
12/8/2017 7:08:16   
dragon_monster

I do not think the Vind, Vampires, Atealans are part of Greenguard kingdom as much as factions that oppose the kingdom that are inside it if that makes sense. In an war I will say rose soldiers, knights and guardians are gonna be the main fighting force if not all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
12/8/2017 10:20:24   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

the vind and ataelans don't oppose the kingdom. the vind oppose the rose specifically, and otherwise are pefectly fine with greenguard, and the ataelans just want to live peacefully and undisturbed, at least, according to word of god.
DF  Post #: 15
12/8/2017 10:30:08   
dragon_monster

No I mean the knights and the rose oppose them while neutral to the guardians and allies when needed. For example during Caitiff the Vind and Atleans except one did not helped and for good reason the Rose could not stand fighting next to magical creatures and whatever the Alteans are. The one example did not count it was only one who I bet did not need to fight in concert with the Rose troops.

If the empire on the other continent attacks the Vind and the Atleans will not help then also and the vampires also. Granted the Alteans and the vampire would have little to lose if the world was covered in darkness so maybe they will help since their in bigger threat this time but certanly not the Vind. Even if they tried help its hard to think the Rose will accept the help from those factions and for better or worse they do at least have an high influence in ruling the kingdom and at beast they rule it outright.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 12/8/2017 10:33:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
12/8/2017 11:06:22   
Greyor_42

^well, considering the king is currently in the vind's care, that means they'll probably end up getting targeted by the empire during the war, and will most likely help out anyways, as much as they'd like to not assist the rose in any way. and while the ataelans didn't aid in the offense during the war against caitiff, they DID shelter the citizens of the sandsea, including rose members.

quote:

Even if they tried help its hard to think the Rose will accept the help from those factions

based on how they behaved during the caitiff war, i'd agree with you there, though hopefully the sandsea branch will be less against the idea of working alongside the ataelans in times of danger now. and the amityvayle branch would most likely swallow their pride if it meant protecting the kingdom, since they're pretty loyal to neron. aside from those two, not sure how the rest would react.
DF  Post #: 17
12/8/2017 11:48:35   
lastspartan

I reckon after Falconreach is rebuilt the find will move some of their operations there as the Rose isn't welcome there.
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The War on the horizon
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition