Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Frostvale Finale - Delivery War!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostvale Finale - Delivery War!
Page 17 of 18«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2018 1:22:51   
xDeathlordx

Armor = Like it. Great art
Weapon = Like it. Great art and nice alternative for Thrales when I feel like a change. Great synergy with misc.
Shield = Great art. Nice alternative for titan arm.
Misc = Lovin it too. Stat boosts compliment my build so well. Though I don't usually like END stat boosts and would rather see the points go elsewhere, It does somewhat make up for the lack of any elemental resistance.
Spell = Nice that this weeks release provides call guest compression so I can fit this in yet still have full call guest elemental coverage.
Pet = Cute but no match for neither Underwyrmling nor Keyote IMO.
So much great stuff over the holidays with only a few people working on it. Amazing job. Kudos to the Staff.

< Message edited by xDeathlordx -- 1/13/2018 11:52:13 >
AQ  Post #: 401
1/12/2018 7:41:35   
Strength.designer

@staff; I think there is a bug with one of my giftbox items, the level 110 armour is still list as Armour Giftbox when I go to the shop.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 402
1/12/2018 8:47:17   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^It's probably just been overlooked and will be fixed soon. (It's still Armor Giftbox in the item upgrader too). Hopefully.
Post #: 403
1/12/2018 9:14:56   
Strength.designer

^Thanks.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 404
1/12/2018 13:00:20   
sunblaze

Hmmm thats some sweet stuff. Made me rearrange my inventory quite a bit. Let's see how useful everything is. So far the armor is cool (even the MC is a bit odd but extra damage is fine) and the pet is just too cute. :D
Only the Weapon is truly unfitting for my inventory but meh guess you can not have it all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 405
1/12/2018 15:44:22   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

I really like the entire set from a design point of view, it's exquisite! Especially the armour, weapon and misc are fun to use and I will for sure have these items on some of my characters.

The pet is really cute but it lacks that little extra which I expected it to have, being a frostval gift box.
While the shield is ok but the sp regen is not really that much. Anyhow I love the way it looks!
I haven't experimented enough with the spell to make up my opinion, though it feels that I am better off using my armour skill to burn sp. I haven't made up my mind on this one.

Overall I would like to say a BIG thank you to AQ staff. 2017 was a tremendous comeback for AQ, at least that's my opinion. The fine tuning of the game mechanics, while introducing interesting new items on a weekly basis. The diversity is growing and you can play this game in so many ways now, compared to the old days.

Also the funny and at the same time intriguing story lines unfolding. Let us not forget the difficult bosses that makes us think a little bit and how nice it feels to defeat them.
Once again, thank you!

Hope to get the info from info sub soon regarding this set.
Post #: 406
1/13/2018 3:28:38   
raylas

Hrm.....

I hate to be that guy, but the Frostval gifts feel...... kind of anemic to me. The armor, even when boosted, doesn't seem to hit that much harder, it's offense leaning, so you get hurt very easily, the pet is nice, but doesn't do anything special besides be cool. The weapons okay, but again, nothing special, IMO. The shield is...... kind of terrible, really. It has poor M/R/M, and doesn't restore enough SP to make up for it. Even the armor's skill feels kind of light in terms of damage, especially compared to something like Wicked King or Pyromancer BloodMage.

The Misc is nothing special, again, it's just.... there. Doesn't do anything special, just high fire resistance, which isn't much use with this set, as it uses fire for offense as well.

Honestly, I think it would be better if the damage boost increased every turn based on how much you got hit, and if the armor were defensive in lean. Further, the spell.....

Yeah, it's not good. It barely did chip damage when I tried it.

Either the power of it all needs to be raised dramatically, or some serious re-working needs to be done, because at the moment, I have, no joke, better equipment in my inventory already.

To give an example, I was hitting mid 200's on an enemy with 175% fire. That's just not good enough, IMO, compared to my existing stuff.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 407
1/13/2018 3:49:58   
Shiba

Seems like a case of severely misunderstanding the set.

Weapons cause burns; the more hits, the stronger.

The misc makes you burn even more; again, more hits = stronger. Use Fireball Z (15 hits spell), or Gogg Form (7 hits armour). You should be inspired to combine items from this set with other items to make burn stack the best you can.

Also, the misc doesn't even have any fire resistance at all. Just good stats and of course the ability to burn.

Shield: pretty sure you have to be hit in order to get SP, so low MRM is good. If you block, you won't get it. Finally we have a synergetic MC on a shield. Sure, Essence Orb makes this a bit less attractive, but it helps.

Post #: 408
1/13/2018 9:38:21   
123456aq

I like the set it allows for burn to be really good while keeping most people happy and allows FDs to use the bow and use it well. I still wonder what the pet does tho. Im glad the set exists and hope more items are unique like these :D
Post #: 409
1/13/2018 10:02:44   
Andlu

Did you actually even try the set raylas? It doesn't seem like you did, considering most of the info there is false

Weapon burns based on hits, and it happens every dang hit, all you need to do is win the save(Again gogg form yes)

Armor basically has 2 MCs, a weapon based nice skill and a damage boost for every hit you took last turn, this is one of the strongest armors we had recently for the GBs

Shield is strong, it would probably be one of the best shields in game if it wasn't for essence orb, legit, 11 SP regen per hit taken at level 150? Strong as heck

The SPell is really good utility, but the main problem with those is that since it uses DEX it's always 490 SP
They should make it so that warriors can use it for 392 SP, kinda unfair

The pet is really really bad. It has synergy with the set global auto hit FSB(armor + shield + weapon) but even then it won't help.

The misc is totally AMAZING. 2.2 burn per hit(win save), 50 STR, END, LUK and 20 CHA for measly 77 SP

Pair it up with gogg form and you can get up to 15.4 burn
Pair it up with fireball z and you can get up to 33 burn...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 410
1/13/2018 10:13:13   
dragonfire1423

What I'm seeing (and using) is that this is a set that pretty much will rely on the set, or some variant of the set's gimmick (other things that can burn), however it definitely seems powerful.

Burn at the basic .5 is very weak, but not insignificant.
The SPell seems to damage them per-hit unless that was a bit, meaning if you use it against a multi-hit target, it could hit them really hard pretty fast. It's a good universal alternative to an armor skill which would require you to take a lot of damage if you don't kill them.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 411
1/13/2018 19:22:05   
Strength.designer

@staff, just wanted to warn of a bug, when I put the new giftbox pet in my active inventory it appeared in town and performed an attack.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 412
1/13/2018 20:33:07   
raylas

@Andlu I did, and I found I consistently could not make it work for me in any remote fashion that you are describing.

I am, however, keeping the sword in my inventory, along with the mask, since it's basic Toxic Gladius for fire.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 413
1/14/2018 8:39:42   
Strength.designer

I'm trying to understand the advantages of doing all of these "extra" damages that the set do instead of just uping the overall power of the set. I'm sure there are some.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 414
1/14/2018 16:55:27   
dragonfire1423

Because simply giving the sword "10% more damage" both makes it potentially just kind of too strong (granted it's a permarare) but also that's kind of boring. Making it have an MC that has literally no downside, but needs a kind of strategy to take full advantage of could make something like an armor that gives 5% more damage but has two hits weaker than an armor that, for some reason has like a 5% less damage, but has way more hits.

Just testing it out against amboss (My mage is only level 114) Oni Mask with Fireball-Z makes the burn do about 400 damage on average.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 415
1/14/2018 17:31:17   
Strength.designer

Do MCs usually have a downside? If that is the case I can see why having burn as a MC as a sort of "free damage with no downside" makes sense (since just uping the damage of the set could unbalance the game). I'm sure there must be other instances where burn damage makes sense as opposed to just uping the overall damage too. Maybe the secret lies in the fact that burn has a different damage calculation applied to it, that could potentially lead to combos I guess.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 416
1/14/2018 17:50:15   
dark_foot

First of all I'd like to give a HUGE THANKS! to the AQ staff for the large amount of updates in such quick succession and many new toys to play with this Christmas. Many Thanks!

Has anyone found a good use for the Caltrops? I can't seem to make them useful at all even with a full defense build. I feel like they either ...
a). Need to receive a boost from Sila's, Polala, Bloodmage.. ect
b). Last the whole encounter.
c). Be quickcast.

Please do not use font sizes above 3, as it is considered spam. ~Karika

< Message edited by Karika -- 1/14/2018 18:14:27 >
Post #: 417
1/14/2018 18:15:07   
LUPUL LUNATIC

While i do agree that making it quickcast would be much better it doesnt need to last for whole battle cause that would be too much and unbalanced.
It is wierd that a SPell is not affected by spell boosting items indeed,they could make the power be affected by spell damage multiplicatively because additively would not work at all.
But the problem is the power is less than 1 (0.5) so multiplicatively would fail as well unless * (1+spell damages ex 50%) = 0.75 power so that could work nicely.
AQ  Post #: 418
1/14/2018 18:33:41   
dark_foot

The way I see it is that if they lasted the whole encounter it wouldn't be too much of a problem because ...
a). you need to take the damage for the trigger.
b). more grindy builds are harder (less gold per hour) in general.
c). most boss type monster have a huge advantage in drawn out fights due to many effects (Multi elements, bleed, power increase per round).

ps. sorry for the font that was too big o.O
Post #: 419
1/15/2018 16:25:25   
RedEyedDrake

You know, given that the most recent release saw two quests going rare at once, if this week's release were to involve a quest then the delivery war might end up going rare this week. In light of that, would it be possible to get proper info subs for the items from said war?
AQ  Post #: 420
1/15/2018 18:37:20   
gubgub

Does anyone know what the pet does?
AQ DF  Post #: 421
1/15/2018 19:14:02   
jd33

The Pet is 3 hit pure damage divided evenly.
AQ  Post #: 422
1/15/2018 20:31:50   
J9408

Info subs are out. I'm surprise there is a FSB.
Post #: 423
1/16/2018 0:39:22   
mr hehehe

Really cool FSB, impressed how the "downside" of the monster auto-hit synergies with the armor's passive ability. More releases like this please!
AQ  Post #: 424
1/16/2018 1:39:27   
Primate Murder

The FSB is rather awesome. Does anybody know what's included in the FSB? Is it only weapon + shield + armor, or do you have to have the misc too?
AQ  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostvale Finale - Delivery War!
Page 17 of 18«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition