Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 11 of 25«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2018 11:04:06   
moe

Are there any strategies for using Epoch against Inn bosses?
AQW  Post #: 251
11/29/2018 18:24:11   
Pelly2500

@moe Generally the rotation you'll want to use is:
-Hex 4 times
-Ultra Hex
-Laser blades or attack or multi
-combo 3 times
-timeshift
-boost 2,3,4 or 5 times depending on if you need healing and/or bonus
-ultra boost
-slice
-gun

Then just repeat your boosts and offensive skills and remember to loop your timeshift. Use fade if the boss is about to nuke.

Ps, I Highly recommend the not so tiny bubbles trinket, as it pairs great with hex, and can be looped with double turns. just be aware that it skips a double turn when you use trinket skills
DF AQW  Post #: 252
11/30/2018 1:50:57   
moe

It's a good strategy but I don't think I can use it against the dominion challenge?
AQW  Post #: 253
11/30/2018 3:27:40   
Pelly2500

@moe I beat dominion with that strategy, but the trinket is pretty much essential.
You use that rotation to start attacking Maldrys and remember to loop the trinket with your double turns. Kathool's cooldown skill is annoying, but luckily it doesn't affect trinkets.

Once Maldrys is dead, focus on skywatcher.
You must always have a blind on skywatcher once Malydrys in dead otherwise he will hit you for colossal damage
Use your offensive skills, making sure to loop the trinket as well as your timeshift. Use offensive skills mixed in with some boosts and hexes.

Once Skywatcher is down, make sure you are below half health, then attack Kathool with your offensive skills and boosts. Blinding it isn't as essential, but since you always fight him on low health, I would recommend it.

Once Kathool's health is approaching 25%, use punch to stun him, making sure you had at least three momentum when you used it. Then just nuke him with everything you have. If you have to close to full momentum, use combo and then final for huge damage.

Good Luck and I hope this helps!
DF AQW  Post #: 254
12/8/2018 0:35:00   
Shadow X Ascendant

Avazeryan Challenges - The Mana Research Duo
(Magester Minslav and Roirr, The Ascended)

Class - Soulweaver
Stats - 200 STR / 200 INT / 45 LUK.

Equips - Any of - Sea Chicken Conquest III / Ultimate Blinding Light of Destiny/ NPSB IV / ERS Weapons III / Silver Weapons From A.A.R.G.H. (You won't need Potions aside the default 2 and won't need Hero Diet as well, but is good to guarantee an win)

Mandatory Equips - Verraad or Uragiri At Tier III and Shapeless Idol V or NTSB. Stan The Scanorb. Shown - Blade of Awe or Cobalt Lights Blade/Staff/Dagger. (I wouldn't reccomend using Mirror Eye Here because it Takes one Turn. Which you need to deal with Roirr)

First Start With Shield. Select Mana Roirr since he needs to Fall First. OK. Now. Repetance. Soul Pierce and Impact. Now here is the trick. Change weapon to Verraad III or Uragiri III and use Full Sync. If it don't Kill Roirr Try again. If it kills Roirr, Lets move on. Yes an little RNG with crits is needed here but nothing you can't handle.
Now That Roirr is Stabilized . Change weapon back to the one you were using when entered the battle. Lets deal with Magester. The trick here is his Defense. He activates it and during the 4 turns durations he reflects all damage received. So when he usr it. Use Shield. Or Concentration or Purge Or Mana Potions (If Roirr took it from you). After the 4 rounds of defense ends. Do Soul Pierce and Impact combo. But . If your Full Sync is ready. Change again To Verraad/Uragiri III and use the Full Sync. On next round back To Weapon you were using. When his HP gets under 1500 Use Soul Slice and K.O Him.
Now is just Make Good use of your new Resource.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 12/12/2018 12:33:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 255
12/8/2018 8:31:52   
BluuHorseOfficial

When you’re using epoch, you want to maximise Potion use, especially in A.A.R.G.H.
Potions aren’t a renewable resource and this isn’t a good strategy for long fights, but in any case, with eternal epoch, no fight is really that long anyway. The most optimal rotation for A.A.R.G.H. challenges in the general case is:
Hex
Hex
Hex
Hex
Ultra
Attack
ManaPot (only for momentum)
———
Shift Combo
Combo Combo
Boost Boost
Boost Boost
Ultra Slice
Combo Combo
Combo Laser*
Final Hex (equip Uragiri/Verraad/Uncalabra/Crymson Tear/Ink Spire III, whichever you have when you’re about to use Final, unless you’re using the Ice Scythe, see below)
Hex Hex
Hex Ultra
Attack ManaPot**
Gunburst Blades (equip Uragiri/Verraad/Uncalabra/Crymson Tear/Ink Spire III, whichever you have when you’re about to use Gunburst if you want to, unless you’re us8ng the Ice Scythe, see below)
Attack Attack

And from there Repeat from the place I put the ———
*is where you can also use the Mirror Eye Trinket, but note that it pushes back your rotation.
**replace with health pot if necessary (though battles will never be that long)
It’s also recommended you show Ice Scythe and equip your best Ice Weapon to give your enemy a -30 Ice. Therefore, by the time you use Final, your enemy will have -50 All and -30 Ice along with a 40% (65% with Mirror Eye) Boost, essentially making you easily deal 4000 damage in one turn.
Potion use is incredible for Epoch. Mana Pots are generically useless otherwise and come in handy for quick battles while health pots not only get you out of a pinch but also give you momentum. This feature is amazing and shouldn’t be ignored.
Pets are not required, but Chimera, Figmini, Bonehead or other Healing pets would do. (I would recommend Dragon or Twilly but they can’t be equipped during battle, which is inconvenient in case you really feel like you need them midway, so Bonehead/Healing pets help.

Obviously some challenges require special strategy, but you should be able to do that when the time arises.
Individual Sentog Strat:
Laser
Shift Combo
Combo Combo

Leorilla Strat:
ManaPot
ManaPot
Attack
Combo
Combo
Combo
Shift Attack
Combo Combo
Combo Gunburst
Attack Combo
Combo Combo
Gunburst Attack
Combo Combo
Combo Final
HealthPot
Punch Combo
Combo Combo
Gunburst Attack
Combo Combo
Combo Gunburst

Thing should go down by now. Don’t use Ice Scythe here though, nor Mirror Eye. Use Figmini if you have it, it’s useful because it doesn’t give buffs. Instead use an on-Hit healing weapon like Blade of Awe or Cobalt Lights Blade (second is seasonal so get it while you can, it’s an amazing healing item.)

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 12/8/2018 9:07:10 >
DF  Post #: 256
12/11/2018 7:47:44   
Cryozen

For Epoch what stats did you use for the challenges?
Post #: 257
12/13/2018 13:10:19   
GearzHeadz

Is it possible to kill Sepulchure? He only deals 2000 plus damage per move and goes straight through all of my barriers. Its not seeming likely that I can kill him. Level 77 and I have both doom knights.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 258
12/13/2018 14:11:26   
Shadow X Ascendant

First. DON'T use DmK against Sepulchure. NEVER.
Use Ninja. Proc Temp FC special. Equip your Ice Weapon and Spam All your DoTs on Him . Applying Defenses as well. Or also Any Classes That has -All Skills. Never DmK

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 12/13/2018 14:12:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 259
12/23/2018 8:06:11   
moe

I'm giving up on dominion challenges. For some reason I cannot and I mean cannot crack this challenge. Tried everything. Ready for one last ditch effort. Recommend anything from DK, epoch, bal's soul weaver, or shadowwalker of time?
AQW  Post #: 260
12/23/2018 20:18:39   
Flamerider345

ur best bet would be BSW. ive personnally used it and beat dominion twice consecutively. just follow shadows guide...u may still lose but its ur best bet.

b4 those two wins i lost countless times.... u just got to keep trying.

U can also try cryptic cause of its numerous defensive skills + NSTB (i hav cryptic and came very close to winning, though never tried after tat) or accendent with its damage buffs.

and u absolutely need bade of awe and 200 prot dragon and NSTB.
DF MQ  Post #: 261
12/24/2018 13:14:45   
Shadow X Ascendant

Don't need Blade of Awe at all. We are the frostvale. Buy an Cobalt Light weapons Lv 80 at Gift Shop on Maya on Frostvale City. And Show It instead of BoA. This challenge just got even Easier.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 262
12/26/2018 22:42:51   
Flamerider345

can anyone give some advice on taking down meltface ultra merged akriloth.
DF MQ  Post #: 263
12/27/2018 0:43:02   
BluuHorseOfficial

Invite DoomKnight Variant 1 guests and spam Life Carve. Make sure not to debuff. Dante’s two V1s are: 46396105 and 46417259
DF  Post #: 264
12/27/2018 1:00:56   
Flamerider345

@Bluuhorseofficial

thanks a lot...ive been looking for a guide for it but couldnt find one.

out of curiosity is there any other way to beat him or has anyone tried a different mtd?
DF MQ  Post #: 265
12/27/2018 1:32:41   
BluuHorseOfficial

There are other methods, yes. V2’s Reflection and stacking Fire Resistance, for instance.
DF  Post #: 266
12/27/2018 6:07:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

Stack Fire Resistance and DON'T debuff him or he will heal and Nuke You.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 267
12/27/2018 16:04:16   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Well, here is my guide for Dominion Challenge. I assume you are lvl 90. If not, 85 will do.

What you need is:

Stats:

Str 200
End 200
Luck 45 (optional)

Hero diet, aka Rotten Hardtack, Seaweed and Zard Burger, 5 potions (using Cloak Scrap, which is obtainable from Evil Artifact and your base class finale move) that are maxed.

Doom Knight (not surprised).

Ultra Omniknight Blade
Strong Energy weapon, say Ancient/Doomed Dragon Scythe Of Elementals, Dragonoid Staff/Sword/Dagger etc.
Blade of Awe shown.
Wings of the Unravel/Necro Paragon Cape/Groundhog Wings/Nick's Toasty Cape VIII
Void Chitin Band IV/Defender's Dragon Ring
Fierce Dragonlord Helm lvl 72
Squirrel Tentacle IV/Defender's Dragon Necklace
Warding Girdle/Defender's Dragon Belt
Eternal Locket/Legion Bracer

I used Elemental Unity Defender I, it is not really necessary, but usable. I also used those items that are bold.

200-Protection Dragon. Element should be Water (you will know why later)

So let's get started.

1.Focus on Archdryad Malydrys. Choose it as target, use Void Barrier.

2.Then use Corruption -> Malefic Binding -> Lingering Doom -> Shaping Darkness/Life Carve (depends on how fast you are losing your health) -> Weakening Blow. Repeat Shaping Darkness, Life Carve, Attack until Arcdryad is finished. If Come. Join. gets popped up and all of your skills are on cooldown, Elemental Unity can be used, use that on Arcdryad. Use Rotten Hardtack/Seaweed if your health gets critical.

3. After Arcdryad is finished, you may have used 1 or 2 of your foods, and maybe 1 potions. As soon as Archdryad is finished, use Void Barrier if you can, if not, Corruption on Argus Skywatcher. Then Malefic Binding, after that Lingering Doom, Drain Will and Doom Spikes. Both Kathool and Argus are stunned, Kathool for 2 rounds, Argus one. Then Weakening Blow, Void Barrier, Shaping Darkness, Life Carve, they mostly depend on your cooldowns and how often Kathool ads to them.

This part is long, may require most of your potions, however, avoid using Zard Burger if possible.

After Argus is defeated, only you and Kathool remain. Now, switch to your energy weapon. Kahtool has +25 to light but -10 to energy, so your damage will be 35% stronger if you use energy weapon.

Now begins the hardest part. Since you probably know that Kathool can only be damaged after your health is under 50%, use Blood Rite. It will take some of your health away every time you use it. Since your dragon is a pet, it has 100 health according to the game, so it will heal Kathool with its attacks. That is why its element is Water, so that it will only deal 50% of it's base damage.

After your health is under 50%, use Corruption, Malefic Binding, Shape Darkness, Drain Will (kathool has no immobility yes, but this is a strong attack). If your dragon heals you over your 50% or Blade of Awe does that, use Blood Rite. It should most of the time take you back to under 50% and since it first damages you, Kathool won't heal from that.

Use your potions and Life Carve carefully. If Kathool's attacks hit you too hard, use Weakening Blow on it.

After Kathool's health starts dropping to near below 25%, use Zard Burgers and Void Barrier. With 140 avoidance and some of the damage returned, you should survive Kathool's 9-hit attack at least once. After that, stun it with Doom Spikes (if it's lost ~70% of it's health), use Inner Darkness immeaditely after that, then Dark Favor for damage boost. After Inner Darkness is usable, use it and you should be able to defeat Kathool.

This has worked for me twice. RNG has to be a little on your side, how many times you Crit, Kathool locks your skills, gives you -50 to All, etc. But mostly this should do it.
DF AQW  Post #: 268
12/27/2018 17:15:35   
Shadow X Ascendant

Instead of EUD we can Use Not-So-Tiny Bubbles?
And Instead of Blade of Awe we use Cobalt Lights?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 269
12/28/2018 3:56:28   
BluuHorseOfficial

Well, for instance, Dratomos already mentioned that he used EUD, but it wasn’t necessary. However, even if NSTB has a better blinding skill, I would personally recommend EUD XIV/XV if Moe has it because EUD XIV/XV gives 5 All which is an incredibly useful resource for this challenge. Then again, Dratomos did also mention that it wasn’t necessary, in the sense that he didn’t need that specifically, and since it is a blinding skill they naturally meant that they do not require a blind. Hence, it can obviously be inferred that any other trinket would do as well—such as Mirror Eye, Shapeless Idol or Vaal’s Ego, because focusing on Offenses would be more useful than trying to defend especially when you’re using DoomKnight of all things against Dominion of all things. Cobalt Lights is usable, yes, but mana loss and regeneration might be a bit of an issue on DmK for some people, and considering the length of the fight I would say Blade of Awe Replica should be your best bet.

Also, using Zard Burgers and Void Barrier are counterintuitive. Instead, use -Health Gear, which inherently includes -All, so as to reflect more damage and heal for more from the inherent heal from Void Barrier. What you could do is get all the way to full health, equip the Shattered/Fragmented Blade to deal minimum damage and retain skill effects. Get Kathool to 25% Health, then use Seaweed/Hardtack to get back to full health. Then equip the Shattered/Fragmented Blade and use basically any skill for its effects instead of damage. Do not use Weakening Blow when Void Barrier is active. Health Resistance Gear:

Frost Moglin Knight's Helm VIII -10+0 [S], Navigator’s Hat VI -10+0
The Hidebehind VIII 20-40
Slimy Necklace -20+0 [NDA]
Brilliant Bloodstone Ring -10+0
A Void-ance Belt -5+0
Pirate's Booty -7+0

Where the first number is Health and the second is All. That gets you to -32 Health -40 All, which is effectively -72 -Health-All.
Again, don’t worry about having -All, it’s actually beneficial. Furthermore, every Inn Challenge Weapon gives you +10-20 Health+All (aka -10 Health effective) which gives you a total of -82 Health+All, however, Kathool’s 50% health mechanic gets in the way of that. Health+All Void Barrier is effectively a meme at this point but it’s very reliable and gets things done.

Also, instead of doing the Dragon thing at that stage (under 25% on Kathool) I would highly recommend the usage of this pet (these pets lol) as they provide -20 Health. Again, Stan can be used for -15 but as I said, you’re trying to stay above 50% health.

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 12/28/2018 4:22:35 >
DF  Post #: 270
12/28/2018 5:30:10   
Dratomos
Helpful!

BHO, I must ask, isn't it better to stun Kahtool when it's getting close to 25%? Since it has 0 immobility, stun is guaranteed, unless it misses. After that, Inner Darkness and Dark Curse if you want to be certain.

And EUD I use mostly for its stats and that its attack has 17 hits which means more chances to BoA to activate. And that -30 Bonus is pretty good too. But again, you can use other trinkets, those that have smaller cooldowns.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 12/28/2018 5:31:39 >
DF AQW  Post #: 271
12/28/2018 6:11:59   
BluuHorseOfficial

You can stun Kathool, yes.

But muh memes.
DF  Post #: 272
1/4/2019 22:54:54   
Shadow X Ascendant

Frallmar, The Scourge of Frostval

Equips

Weapon Equipped = Blazing Blade of Primal Fire
Weapon Shown = Cobalt Lights Blade/Staff/Dagger

Cape = Magicallll Frostvale Cape
Belt = Pyromancer's Cord
Trinket = Ace of Hearts or Not-So-Tiny Bubbles
Ring = Diamond Ring of Emperor
Necklace = Azured Gemmed Necklace
Helm = Baltael's Aventail (Defensive)

Rotation

First = Full Sync. Shield. Repetance. Soul Slash , Vaccum .Soul Pierce. Valour Impact. (IF Frallmar uses Ice Shield) Use Retribution. (If Frallmar not uses Ice Shield) use Concentration and Purge until he uses it. Used ice shield. Hit with Retribution. And Keep attacking always use Full Sync if he is out shield. Alternate Between Retribution and Repetance . When his HP is Under 2800 and he is out shield. Finish with Soul Slice

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 273
1/5/2019 14:41:09   
Pelly2500

Any tips on what rotation to use for the Hydras? It seems like Kathool Adept is the best choice but i'm not quite sure how to approach it
DF AQW  Post #: 274
1/5/2019 15:26:06   
Shadow X Ascendant

^Since You, Pelly Has KAA i will make an strategy for it. I bought it some hours ago and after it i beated these hydras
HyperHydra, The Ever-Regenerating Star-Eaters
Class = KAA (Mentioned Above)
Equip = Weapon = Any strongest weapons from IAEoT , Verraad III/ Uragiri III. Show Cobalt Lights.
Acessories = Unraveler Wings III, DD Belt Lv 90 or Warding Girgle Lv 85. DD Necklace Lv 90 or Leaf of Flux III, DD Ring or Tentacle of Dominion III, DDV III Lv 90 or FDL Helm Lv 72. Legion Bracer.
First Stun any of The Hydras. Then Use Mad Fury. Shadow at Stunned Hydra to activate Kathool. Shield. Equip V/U III and Do Kathool . Then equip your main weapon. Damage them all Until You get two around 1500-1800 HP and one at 2500 or Under. Then use mad at The one with 2500. Shield. Shadow at same Hydra. Equip V/U III and Finish with Kathool.
Yeah, An """Extreme""" Jack Crescent Fight. Their names implied their powers. The (B) Means Block = Strong against Melee weapons. The (P) Means Parry = Strong against Pierce. The (D) Means Dodge = Strong against Magic. So be sure to have at least Two Weapon Types.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/5/2019 15:29:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Battle Strategy Thread
Page 11 of 25«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition