Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

is there an actual reason to use any other weapon than ultimate elemental scythes?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> is there an actual reason to use any other weapon than ultimate elemental scythes?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/30/2017 21:11:34   
Trigurax

this weapon stats are just insane, probably best in the game(?) and it covers pretty much all elements u need making almost every other weapon useless, idk how i feel about this, changing weapons according to the opponent u are facing were always a part of this game, i think this weapons should get nerfed. its just op and too game breaking imo, maybe lower the stats idk

i know it is in the game for quite some time but im just getting active in the community again now since a very long time so idk if people talked about this before
DF AQW  Post #: 1
12/30/2017 21:18:40   
Dark Lord Urmi

frame rate destruction, besides i rarely use it just because you have something doesn't mean you need to use it all the time you know?

also no nerfing please seriously...it always goes too far destroying any use the item may have had...besides its a dc item they are supposed to be above average strength its by no means op that title alone belongs to doomknight and even then its still beatable.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 12/30/2017 21:25:47 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
12/30/2017 21:50:09   
Greyor_42

Neither the doomed scythe or the original rare version are OP or game breaking. And there's plenty of reasons to use other weapons. For one, not all enemies are weak to one of the eight prime elements. some are weak to bacon, evil, good, and even ???. Then there's the various abilities that allow for much more effective strategies(like the ice katana's special, which reduces the opponents ice resistance).
DF  Post #: 3
12/30/2017 21:54:55   
Trigurax

ok maybe its not really op but is just too strong, it makes all other weapons i can think of look like garbage, even nsod is garbage compared to this, every new weapon that comes out i look at the stats and its trash compared to those scythes. im a very objective player, i always use the best of the best and what it takes to kill enemies easier and faster with means i use those weapons 99% of the time, i guess its just my own fault to get bored in that case but again i think its way too strong if u compare to any other top tier weapon, specially because it covers 8 elements. look at time core edge for example, it covers many elements but it has only average damage and stats(dc weapon btw), the fact it covers many elements is what make it very good yet u have a legit reason to use other weapons(of those elements) in the case u want the highest damage/stats possible

and i dont know why i said about nerf lol its already in the game for years, maybe if i had made this thread back in the day idk, but still i wanted to know people thoughts on this.

quote:

Neither the doomed scythe or the original rare version are OP or game breaking. And there's plenty of reasons to use other weapons. For one, not all enemies are weak to one of the eight prime elements. some are weak to bacon, evil, good, and even ???. Then there's the various abilities that allow for much more effective strategies(like the ice katana's special, which reduces the opponents ice resistance).

special abillities and such are just shenanigans imo, im talking about general and straightforward gameplay

< Message edited by Trigurax -- 12/30/2017 21:58:30 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
12/30/2017 22:03:58   
Sakurai the Cursed

It's quite far from having the best stats in the game. Even at level 80 it was beaten by quite a few weapons, and now that the cap is 85 it's even lower on the list of top weapons. That said, it is strong enough that you don't really need any other weapons that use the same elements in most cases. The only duplicates I personally use are the Ultimate Destiny weapon (because it's far and away the strongest weapon right now) and various weapons with useful specials, such as the Ice Scythe and Blade of Awe. Other than that, I just have weapons of elements not covered by the UDASoE. Essentially, it's just a way to save inventory space, there's nothing overpowered about it really as you could get stronger weapons of most elements if you wanted to.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/30/2017 22:08:37   
Trigurax

quote:

It's quite far from having the best stats in the game. Even at level 80 it was beaten by quite a few weapons, and now that the cap is 85 it's even lower on the list of top weapons. That said, it is strong enough that you don't really need any other weapons that use the same elements in most cases. The only duplicates I personally use are the Ultimate Destiny weapon (because it's far and away the strongest weapon right now) and various weapons with useful specials, such as the Ice Scythe and Blade of Awe. Other than that, I just have weapons of elements not covered by the UDASoE. Essentially, it's just a way to save inventory space, there's nothing overpowered about it really as you could get stronger weapons of most elements if you wanted to.

can u list or pm me weapons that are better than ultimate scythe of elementals in both defensive(melee/magic/pierce def and etc) and offensive(crit/int/dex/str and etc) for each element it covers, im just getting more active and actually caring about the game again recently so i may be a little outdated in this matter

< Message edited by Trigurax -- 12/30/2017 22:11:54 >
DF AQW  Post #: 6
12/31/2017 16:45:27   
snakehulk21220

why does it need to be nerfed? because you dont have any self control enough to not use something? its not game breaking its strong sure but nowhere near nerf-worthy
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
12/31/2017 23:06:09   
Dark Lord Urmi

the word nerf is a bit of a sore spot lately after necromancer got hit.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
1/1/2018 5:41:28   
mahasamatman

The new ultimate destiny weapons are better, and many weapons (dragonblaser, blade of awe, Warlic's staff) have powerful on-hit abilities that make it worthwhile to show them at least.

edit: What happened to necromancer? What was the nerf?

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 1/1/2018 5:46:19 >
DF  Post #: 9
1/1/2018 5:59:45   
lastspartan

You have the doom and destiny weapon set. They look and are better then the scythe
Post #: 10
1/1/2018 6:09:38   
Greyor_42

@mahasamatman

shroud's cooldown went from 11 to 30, remember?

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 1/1/2018 6:10:08 >
DF  Post #: 11
1/1/2018 6:36:39   
Winters Key

As a SwoT main, I primarily use the Frozen Claymore more than any other weapon - purely because of the weapon special. SwoT is one of the few classes where you'll find yourself attacking often (Archivist being another one), and if the weapon special activates, it becomes the BEST weapon in the game. It's entirely dependent on luck, but if it works, it can outclass any weapon (NSoD/UES included).
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/1/2018 11:50:58   
Shadow X Ascendant

Destiny Weapons are For Sure strongest at level 85, but the doom weapons goes only to level 66 yet, so we will need to wait the last upgrades to be sure that the level 85 doom weapon will also be strongest than Doomed Scythe - Darkness
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
1/1/2018 13:00:38   
dragon_master

OP or not,it makes frame drops,because flash is a piece of unoptimized [profanity here],even on average-to-good PCs.

There are other weapons that are good,have animations on them,and on top of everything,do not make lags.
Some of my favorite weapons are the Light of Purity and Light of Balance.
DF  Post #: 14
1/1/2018 14:34:24   
andybaum005

UBLoD - Insane damage and decent DoT ability.
BoA - Special that recovers HP and MP.
Cobalts Lights Blade - Special that recovers a large amount of HP.
BoD - 3-hit special that uses your armor's attack-power (Which works wonders with DmK)
Soulforged Sword - Roughly on par with the scythe in terms of attack power; Can use ??? damage, which bypasses nearly any elemental resistance; Doesn't cause lag, and is easily obtainable.
Hamstergeddon - Special attack increases ??? elemental resist of an enemy to -200 for 49 turns. (So SfS could potentially become 3x more powerful.)
BwDB - Insane Crit, BDP, and has a special that decreases enemy damage. (Edit: Battleworn Doom Blade. And yeah, forgot it was a rare. Sorry about that. ^^)
EDB - Has a 30% boost against elementals (Making it a godsend for the Timetorn Matrix challenge)

Just to name some weapons that can be incredibly useful in certain situations, more so than the dragon-scythe. It's not overpowered, just effectively a really decent jack-of-all-trades weapon. (Which is only obtainable for a few days each year, btw.)
Also, it's a DC-weapon, so nerfing it could be an issue for those who spent money to buy it.

< Message edited by andybaum005 -- 1/8/2018 19:41:21 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
1/1/2018 20:37:00   
mahasamatman

Don't forget Escelence set (and other type-bane weapons).
DF  Post #: 16
1/8/2018 10:25:43   
liger98

Wait can y’all break down the acronyms for those swords? The actual names would be helpful thanks
Post #: 17
1/8/2018 10:28:43   
Chewy905

UBLoD - Ultimate Blinding Light of Destiny
BoA - Blade of Awe
BoD - ???
EDB - Escelene Defenders blade i think?
BwDB - ???
Post #: 18
1/8/2018 10:49:58   
Greyor_42

@Chewy905

BoD would be Blade of Destiny.

As for BwBD, i have no clue what it could be.....
DF  Post #: 19
1/8/2018 15:26:40   
Kaizoku

^
Just check his character page. It's the Battle-worn Doom Blade.
DF  Post #: 20
1/8/2018 15:39:18   
Greyor_42

Ah. Well, considering it's a rare, it probably shouldn't even be brought up in that case, as nobody can get it anymore.
DF  Post #: 21
1/8/2018 18:33:11   
asgaron

The ultimate elemental weapon doesnt account for some types of elements
bacon
and weapons than dont use elements
like the new weapons for shadowstalker dont have any elements attached to them which is very handy
also the element of good and evil those elements are not on the selection of orbs
Post #: 22
1/11/2018 18:26:59   
Tesarion

I have really good PC, really good internet connection and when I use that Doomed scythe it starts to lag like hell, even on lowest graphics. I just keep it because it looks cool (just like the katana from True Mortal merge shop)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> is there an actual reason to use any other weapon than ultimate elemental scythes?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition