Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2018 6:41:41   
Sambud

Does the drone pet and the CVKS in some way, work together, say I accept the quest for both, would I be able to hand in them without wasting the quest items for one?
DF AQW  Post #: 126
1/20/2018 7:39:39   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

According to Ted Zlammy a couple pages back, both quests uses the same items, so once you turn in one, you lose the items for the other as well.

Btw, is their confirmation on whether or not they are sellable? The wiki just states normal sell values. I'm definitely gonna buy both, get the items and then sell if it is indeed possible.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/20/2018 7:48:31 >
AQW  Post #: 127
1/20/2018 8:02:12   
creepy gy

^Above

Well you can sell Bounty Hunters drone pet for 1,8k Acs dont really know about sword pet
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 128
1/20/2018 8:47:03   
Apeiron

@Metakirby: Can confirm the sword pet is sellable.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 129
1/20/2018 10:12:13   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

Ty for the answers, got the items and got my ACs back, I would say 200 ACs + a small amount of reagents is a pretty good deal for these items.

Anyways, the Drone seems to be ~20-30 seconds faster than CVKS on average (by room hopping in Mobius), it requires no class switching for maximum efficency by not needing to switch between a DPS class and AoE class, although you can certainly farm CVKS well with VHL or LC, with enough patience.

If the leaked drop rates still hold true, then there is literally no reason to get the Sword over the Drone, apart from rarity. The fact that TGs drop frequently from the Drone just devalues the Sword even more. It's great for people who are still farming for VHL, it lessens the burden of TGs by a lot on top of having a faster turn in than CVKS.
AQW  Post #: 130
1/20/2018 10:32:25   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

And lastly, with the release of the two new pets, I felt that the the value of my CVKS dropped significantly. The seasonal pet has an easier quest, AND a secondary quest with an additional reward. And as someone who takes pride in rare items and hates recolors, the very existence of the new pets is offensive.

I don't actually believe this but if you want to claim that your CVKS is devalued, maybe you should think about how Astral Crimson Orb pet owners feel, because CVKS was the original knockoff.
Having every best-in-category item as a long-dead rare is an inherently bad idea in game design.
DF AQW  Post #: 131
1/20/2018 11:21:40   
DoomXDoom

any plans to make the trim n fur of enchanted void overlord capes CC?
Post #: 132
1/20/2018 11:25:36   
darkhl7

do the Bounty Hunter's Drone Pet quest stack??

and does drop Wereboar Tusk fast?

< Message edited by darkhl7 -- 1/20/2018 11:31:03 >
Post #: 133
1/20/2018 14:18:25   
Shadowhunt

I shouldn't have to say this once again, but you are expected to be civil with each other here. If you find yourself unable to do that, there will be consequences. The forums has a built in Block feature: make use of it if you have to. We'll be watching this thread very closely, and if you find yourselves unable to remain civil, it may be subject to being permanently locked. Don't be the person who gets the thread locked for everyone else. Don't engage others who are trying to bait you into replies. There is plenty to talk about here while remaining civil.

Shadowhunt
AQWorlds General Discussion Associate Moderator

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 1/20/2018 15:14:34 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 134
1/20/2018 16:42:49   
iDreadnaut

Oh, wow... That's gonna get a lot of complaints, but why make Drudgen and Crag & Bamboozle unsellable?

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 1/20/2018 16:43:11 >
AQW  Post #: 135
1/20/2018 16:47:51   
Keeper of the Owls

If they're going to make Crag and Drudgen unsellable, they could at least make them non-mem.
AQ AQW  Post #: 136
1/20/2018 17:40:41   
Iron Volvametal

That's a weird way of handling things.

Does that mean future/previous farming pets will be un-sellable, too, like the Paragon Pets?

Well, just in case, I'm going to finally sell my Mounted Paragon Pet(seeing as Shogun never got a nerf...please don't jinx myself before Mafch...) so I can get the Drone Pet.

< Message edited by Iron Volvametal -- 1/20/2018 17:41:48 >
AQW  Post #: 137
1/20/2018 17:47:55   
Jams Loyal Subject

Are they referring to the Bounty Hunter Blade weapon or pet being unsellable?

Regardless, I'm dumbfounded as to why they would decide to, after all these years, make the 5k Nul pets unsellable. What, a couple of spears and resell within 24hrs is an exploit? Come on now.

Swindle's To Go Hut literally trumps the two 5k pets now in basically every aspect.

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 138
1/20/2018 17:52:50   
goldslayer1

@Metakirby
quote:

I think it was mostly the change to the VHL quest that caused the change to Dreadrock Gem Exchange as well as the quest designers vendetta against the quest for a longer period of time. CVKS may have been a part of it as well, but what about the Orb Pets, they were released after Dreadrock, but Dreadrock Gem Exchange remained the same after that. It got nerfed when they changed the VHL quest after the weekend, which gave the 100 TGs as a requirement for the quest, as well as some other slight changes, not on release of CVKS.

Yeah but part of nerfing the quest was that there would already be a new way to farm DCS.
So it wouldn't feel like a total nerf/abandonment of DCS.
I distinctly remember one of the designers saying that here in one of the threads.

quote:

Anyways, the Drone seems to be ~20-30 seconds faster than CVKS on average (by room hopping in Mobius), it requires no class switching for maximum efficency by not needing to switch between a DPS class and AoE class, although you can certainly farm CVKS well with VHL or LC, with enough patience.

Did you time all 3 pets?

@Erosion
quote:

I don't actually believe this but if you want to claim that your CVKS is devalued, maybe you should think about how Astral Crimson Orb pet owners feel, because CVKS was the original knockoff.
Having every best-in-category item as a long-dead rare is an inherently bad idea in game design.

I understand Erosion, but CVK wasn't better than Astral Orb. In terms of quest completion time, and in drops, Astral orb is better than CVK.
Astral is also easier because you only have to go to /Graveyard, /Marsh, /Bludrut and /Tercessuinotlim (quick shortcut through NH).
And the most annoying part of that is probably having to walk to Big Jack Sprat, because all the other maps have their monsters accessible close by.

As for the best in category, I disagree, atleast when it comes to Nulgath. Obsoleting previous items is also inherently bad for the game, as it leads to power creep, P2W, and complainer problems.
I saw this happen for years in Epic Duel (before Omega phase), new level would come out, and a slew of of new items with better stats than previous levels would come, obsoleting them.
It forced competitive players to keep spending, and those who didn't want to spend either started falling behind competitively or ended up quitting the game cause they couldn't keep up.

There's obviously some differences between the 2 games, but the idea is the same. Constantly obsoleting previous items is bad as well, hence why a single seasonal pet would've made more sense than constantly releasing rare versions.
I could cite the obvious example of this, but I think you already know.

@Keeper
quote:

If they're going to make Crag and Drudgen unsellable, they could at least make them non-mem.

I've been on this for a while now. Updating the old Nulgath items (That required ACs and mem to obtain) to non-mem and updating the quests of the pets is the way to go IMO.

The mem-to-equip requirement is an outdated system of AE. It should be mem-to-obtain, but free-to-equip (especially for those week/month long rares shops and farming items)
This would incentivize more people to upgrade, since they'd know ahead of time that whatever they obtain through out their membership, wont be useless after it expires.
The last time I upgraded, it was after the release of Evolved Shadow of Nulgath (and got Legendary Archfiend as well). I upgraded because of that armor, knowing that I'd be able to utilize it after membership expires.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/20/2018 17:54:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 139
1/20/2018 18:50:57   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Did you time all 3 pets?

No, I did not and it's too late now, I already sold both.

I did however time a best case scenario without the pet (where everything drops 100% of the time and no one steals your Boars) in a public junkyard, which can hold 12 people btw, and it was still slower than your average Drone Turn in. The completion time is comparable to CVKS. The timing were based on doing enough for only 1 turn in, so CVKS of course saves time by farming multiple Aquamarines and farming in Faerie/Tercess, while still in their respective areas, same with Drone. The Blade would of also save a little bit of time only having to travel to Onibaba once every 2 turn ins, but that's pretty minimal.

So the Blade is not as bad as I first thought, it's CVKS with TGs instead of DCS, which is still pretty "meh..." for something that costs 500 ACs more. The Drone is still the obvious choice, but for both the Blade and the Drone, it can be tough farming it casually, since the Wereboar is gone in an instant, at least while the pets are still fresh.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/20/2018 18:55:37 >
AQW  Post #: 140
1/20/2018 19:00:40   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

As for the best in category, I disagree, atleast when it comes to Nulgath. Obsoleting previous items is also inherently bad for the game, as it leads to power creep, P2W, and complainer problems.
I saw this happen for years in Epic Duel (before Omega phase), new level would come out, and a slew of of new items with better stats than previous levels would come, obsoleting them.
It forced competitive players to keep spending, and those who didn't want to spend either started falling behind competitively or ended up quitting the game cause they couldn't keep up.

There was a seasonal cape in DragonFable that cost 200 DCs. It was the best cape since its debut for five years. Only late last year was there a better cape that is stronger offensively and overall, and that one is STILL weaker defensively. Anyone who isn't around to get that cape is at a massive disadvantage compared to anyone who was, and if that cape was perma-rare, they would have been worse off for five years.

Items have to get stronger in at least one stat, or else nobody will want it. Powercreep is just a thing that has to happen.
If new players entering a game are at a huge disadvantage, then there's much less incentive to start/continue playing, especially when earlier players are inherently better off by way of game knowledge and standalone rares before having to consider rare items that permanently make future tasks easier.
Abyssal Angel for one, still the best farmer in 2 years. I also believe that Vampire Lord shouldn't be better (because of how easy it is to get), but not having AA means you are at least 25% slower. If you don't have CVKS or an Orb, you are literally hundreds of times slower at getting blood gems and some other items. New pets are an equalizing factor, and the thing that separates people with CVKS/Orb and people with this Drone/Blade is that those people got to use their pets for an entire year.

Imagine if Alpha Pirate, or hell, Leprechaun was the best class in the game. That would be awful, because it means new players are permanently worse off, and older players don't have an incentive to get new classes. It's Lightcaster vs Glacial Berserker vs Void Highlord all over again.

If anything is going to happen, it will likely be another change to make Drudgen and Crag pets a little friendlier.
DF AQW  Post #: 141
1/20/2018 20:07:58   
goldslayer1

@Metakirby
quote:

it can be tough farming it casually, since the Wereboar is gone in an instant, at least while the pets are still fresh.

A low pop server will be better to farm in. Artix and Yorumi are always high population.

If its near the same, then that's good, but I heard someone say it was 30 seconds faster than CVK per quest.

@Erosion
quote:

If new players entering a game are at a huge disadvantage, then there's much less incentive to start/continue playing, especially when earlier players are inherently better off by way of game knowledge and standalone rares before having to consider rare items that permanently make future tasks easier.

Which is why seasonal is better, so its always the same seasonal item, rather than pumping out rares on a yearly basis.
Asking for a slightly slower or worse pet (that's going to be seasonal) in comparison to prior rare iterations wouldn't be a huge disadvantage, because said pet is still better than nothing.

And you pretty much cited the only item that is multiple times better to farm with one of these pets, that being Bloodgem.
A bloodgem via KTV is roughly 40 minutes, but its multiple times faster through the pet (you can probably get 4 in an hour).
Vouchers are easy drops everywhere, and non-mem vouchers seem to be hard across the board.
Uni 13 can be had through Larvae (I remember getting one or 2 every 26 larva quests) or through the non-rare C&B Diamond Exchange quest, which is better than any other pet quest, by far.
DCS is still better with these pets, but not multiple times better, and there's current non-rare methods for farming it.

quote:

Items have to get stronger in at least one stat, or else nobody will want it. Powercreep is just a thing that has to happen.

There's a difference between it happening due to level growth (i.e. a lvl 85 item outgrowing a lvl 65 item), and it being a quest/feature. These pets aren't the former, the level growth on them doesn't matter.

quote:

Imagine if Alpha Pirate, or hell, Leprechaun was the best class in the game. That would be awful, because it means new players are permanently worse off, and older players don't have an incentive to get new classes. It's Lightcaster vs Glacial Berserker vs Void Highlord all over again.

You mean like Vindicator of They? This situation isn't comparable to the classes IMO but classes are at the core of the gameplay.

The reason why I believe that this pet (that shouldn't have been 2) should be seasonal, but still slightly worse than prior ones is so we can finally break this cycle of yearly pet rares, complaints, and power-creeps.

quote:

New pets are an equalizing factor, and the thing that separates people with CVKS/Orb and people with this Drone/Blade is that those people got to use their pets for an entire year.

That's kind of the whole point of rares and seasonals...
After this event is done, someone will create an account and not have a farming pet until next year's BDay, should we criticize Drone/blade pet owners for having a year's advantage on Drone/Blade pet?

quote:

If anything is going to happen, it will likely be another change to make Drudgen and Crag pets a little friendlier.

I've been in favor of this over new rare pets.
Updating Drudgen and C&B quests and making the pets non-mem (or atleast mem-to-obtain but non-mem to equip) will do much more for the Nation than releasing yearly rare pets.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/20/2018 20:09:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 142
1/31/2018 7:18:26   
creepy gy

So for the first time i wanted to do Kiss the void quests fought some Legion Fenrir and they do not drop Broken Betrayal Blade. Is it rare drop? (Any mention how rare)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 143
1/31/2018 8:04:40   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

It's quite low, but I always compared them to essences' 10% droprate, rare enough to where it can really annoy you, but not so rare it only drops once in a blue moon, although it feels like that sometimes. I find it to be the longest and most tedious part of KTV since Tendurrr is no longer an issue because of Buyback.

I still wish I knew about it back when I farmed my 100 Blood Gems for NNH, but oh well.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/31/2018 8:06:03 >
AQW  Post #: 144
1/31/2018 9:41:44   
creepy gy

Well on the bright side you can get Archfiends Favor and Nulgaths approval. Is Kiss the Void good way to get uni 10? And how can you use Buy back to get that pet? (It doesnt show in my list (Does this work with Dragonfire blade for Archfiend Doomlord?))

< Message edited by creepy gy -- 1/31/2018 9:43:43 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 145
1/31/2018 10:20:25   
XeNON_54

It's probably on another page on your list if you already have stuff in it.
Post #: 146
1/31/2018 10:31:57   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

I would say it's a decent method of obtaining Uni 10s, but Uni 10 is rarely ever used for anything. The only time you will need to farm Uni 10s manually is if you are doing ENNH without any of the birthday pets. You seem to be going for VHL based on your inventory, so I would suggest just doing the Void Highlord Challenge quest to get the Uni 10s you need for Void Crystal A.

Yes, the Tendurrr Buyback works the same as with Dragonfire Blade for Willpower Extraction.

As XeNON mentioned, it could easily be on another page, since the Buyback is alphabetically ordered.

Something unrelated, but it's now possible to get to the Big Bad Boar in a private instance without needing to walk all the way across the map. Just join your preferred instance of greenguardwest, click the "map" on the top right of the screen, travel to the Insomniac Beauty and walk 1 screen down. Maybe it's useful for some people with the Drone or Blade pet.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/31/2018 10:37:05 >
AQW  Post #: 147
1/31/2018 12:50:00   
darkhl7

is it just me r does totem drop so slow from drone pet i did about 10 turn in didnt get at least one???
Post #: 148
2/1/2018 9:37:52   
sudz16

I was intending to save the spare 2000 acs I had laying about for Dages inevitable new paragon but a pet with a quest that gives DCS at a good consistent rate was just to good to pass up.

Love farming Nulgath stuff but DCS has always been the bane of my questing adventures.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 149
2/1/2018 18:38:24   
teravor

So I've never really engaged in proper Nulgath farming before, but I got both Akumi pets and I've got a Ceremonial Void Knight Sword left over, so which of those three pets has the quests that are best for farming for Nulgath reagents?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition