Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2018 19:34:11   
goldslayer1

@Teravor
Supposedly Drone and CVK have the same drops.
I dont know how each compares in terms of speed, but CVK has the advantage that Aquamarine can be stacked to 27.
I'd only use Drone or CVK because of the DCS drop. Blade pet is disadvantaged in the fact that it drops Tainted Gems instead of DCS, where TGs can be farmed easily with Bone Dust Reagent or Cube Reagent quests.
AQW Epic  Post #: 151
2/2/2018 7:11:06   
XeNON_54

If you really wanted to though, you could just turn your spare TGs into Dark Crystal Shards in /dreadrock.
Post #: 152
2/2/2018 14:05:17   
goldslayer1

@Xenon
That's a negative return though.
In the time it takes for him to farm 50 tainted gems through blade pet, he can probably farm the same 5 DCS twice over, and still have time for a hundred tainted gems through Bone Dust or Cube Regeant.
AQW Epic  Post #: 153
2/2/2018 21:36:53   
darkhl7

why totem from drone have low drop rate?
Post #: 154
2/3/2018 8:04:08   
sudz16

Totems have a lower droprate than some of the other stuff but they still drop frequently enough.

Personally I just need a non-mem voucher to drop so I can go collect Void Paladin.

Also pulled most of the void Spartan set last night on one lucky turn in (armor, 2 weapons, both helms, 1 cape)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
2/3/2018 8:23:35   
XeNON_54

Because you're not supposed to use the pets to farm totems. The Totem drop from them are just "extras" that you can get by chance. If you really need totems there's a better quest that involves Drudgen and 60 Essences.
You can also use that same quest to get 10 Gems instead of Totems.
Post #: 156
2/3/2018 8:30:47   
NDB

Really? Any of the 2k AC Nulgath pets are far more efficient for farming totems than 60 Essences, especially considering that all but the Blade require you to kill Dark Makai's anyway. And if you're using 60 Essences to get Gems instead of using the pets, you are completely wasting your time.

Removed quote. Please do not quote the full post directly above yours as it is considered spam. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 2/3/2018 13:12:17 >
Epic  Post #: 157
2/3/2018 9:30:35   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

In general, for someone with any of the birthday pets, it will be more beneficial, although slightly more RNG dependent to farm Totems with set pets, the Voucher Item: Totem of Nulgath quest is more of a Gem/Totem supplement in the case of the pets which requires you to kill Makais. Unless you somehow only need Totems and have everything else max stacked, which would require some insane RNG on your end, you would always be better off with using the pets IMO, you always need more Nulgath resources of any kind.
Maybe the Drone has a lower drop rate for Totems than CVKS, I can't confirm or deny that, but with CVKS I get Totems at about the same rate as Uni 13s and even Uni 13s which tends to drop at least 1 per 10 turn ins can sometimes take 15-20. Lower drop rate items (Blood Gems, Totems, Uni 13s etc) always varies a lot more than higher drop rate items which makes them harder to pinpoint as well as giving inconsistent data to work with, you have the people who claim they get a lot of a certain drop and people who claim they get little to none of that same item, from the same quest. Take my Uni 13 rate as an example, I expect it to drop once every 10 or so turn ins, but whenever it strays a little too much from that, I have a tendency to think to myself "is it bugged?" or "did they decrease the drop rate?", when in reality I know that it's just bad RNG.

quote:

And if you're using 60 Essences to get Gems instead of using the pets, you are completely wasting your time.

It depends on your needs, I for example have had no real use for Totems lately outside of the 4 Juggernauts which I usually got the 3 Totems back in the time it took me to get another Non Mem Voucher. But because of my bad luck on the Void Spartan quest, I needed so many Gems that every time I had the chance to turn in for Gems, I did. I rarely had the opportunity to do it though, because I was turning in Juggernauts whenever I got my Non Mem Voucher to not miss any potential Non Mem Voucher drop on CVKS.

quote:

Also pulled most of the void Spartan set last night on one lucky turn in (armor, 2 weapons, both helms, 1 cape)

That's quite the luck you have, I wish I had that, but instead I spent 127 turn ins getting the whole set, a good 80-90 of which were trying to get the Armor after having gotten everything else from the quest.
AQW  Post #: 158
2/4/2018 23:44:07   
ghoal

I was wondering, does the Void Avenger Scythe go with any of Nulgath's other items?
AQW  Post #: 159
2/5/2018 13:33:24   
NDB

Void Highlord? At least that's how I always thought of it since the set doesn't have a weapon, but maybe not.

Removed quote. Please check your PMs if you have not already. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 2/5/2018 14:55:09 >
Epic  Post #: 160
2/5/2018 21:47:31   
oreozoner

its hard yes. but it's fair if u have a farming pet. getting my 4 Roentgenium
AQW  Post #: 161
2/10/2018 8:16:57   
CryaMagna

Can the Bounty Hunter Blade pet get a small fix? I think it got handicapped by the fact that it needs 5 drops from a 15k hp boss... Would be better if they adjust it to 3 instead?
Post #: 162
2/11/2018 11:52:42   
sudz16

almost 3 weeks of steady farming and I still haven't pulled a nonmem voucher yet pulled 3 mem vouchers just today.

My rage could fuel the sun
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 163
2/20/2018 13:51:26   
creepy gy

Was farming Uni 10's and noticed how rarely I saw King Klunk Crown any confromed % drop chance or just regular estimated 1%. It has to be very rare because it is used in Willpower Extraction why else it would be there?

< Message edited by creepy gy -- 2/20/2018 14:03:56 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 164
2/23/2018 21:16:23   
Doxus the OverLord

@sudz16 there's a guarranteed way to drop Voucher (non-mem).
But you'll need to have all the following maxed up and be member (required to use Tendurr the Assistant and get the quest "Assisting Drudgen"):
Tainted Gem
Gem of Nulgath
Fiend Token
Dark Crystal Shard
Diamond of Nulgath
Totem of Nulgath
Blood Gem of the Archfiend
Voucher of Nulgath

This is possible thanks to the fact that it's guarranteed that you'll be getting one of this rewards said up or a Voucher (non-mem), so, if you have all of them, except the Voucher (non-mem), it's guarranteed that you'll get it. I'm not saying that this is easy to do but when you reach a certain level of farming, it's a big deal.
If your issue is with Voucher (non-mem), this is the only way to 100% guarrantee that you'll be getting it. The other ways are all about 1% chance drops.

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 2/23/2018 21:18:17 >
Post #: 165
2/23/2018 21:31:38   
Appocolypse

Anyone have a rough estimate of how many of the more basic Nulgath reagents(Diamonds, Gems, Totems, Contracts etc.)I would need to get the whole AFDL set?

I'm trying to get a decent amount before I actually start the process.
AQW  Post #: 166
2/23/2018 21:38:43   
Doxus the OverLord

It depends on the amount of luck you'll have and if you'll get your Uni 35 under the times needed to get the whole AFDL pieces or if you'll be needing to turn in the quest for more than the minnimum needed. I got my Uni 35 in my 2nd turn in, so I can't say too much.

Also, having Uni 26 and Uni 27 is a nice thing to be done and there is some other things that still are nice for doing so. I don't remember them at this exact time.
Post #: 167
2/24/2018 1:08:43   
sudz16

Thanks for the info Doxus, hopefully I won't have to eventually go that route to pull a nonmem voucher.
Already capped totems, bloodgems, and gems,
I've pulled enough mem vouchers to go from +2mil to broke and back again a few times now just by doing the Drudgen quest with the blood cloak requirement.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a cap raised on mem vouchers and having a quest implemented that requires 10 or so mem vouchers to obtain a nonmem voucher. (after I typed this I switched tabs and collected a quest and pulled another mem voucher)

< Message edited by sudz16 -- 2/24/2018 1:17:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 168
2/26/2018 18:45:36   
you stop

for those with nnh/ennh, do any of you feel torn about switching houses? i'd really love to switch houses and all but the terces portal is too juicy to give up. i mean i get it i could just go to some other house with ennh but still, i'd love it if we could maybe have a house item drop from ennh that would lead straight to tercess
AQW  Post #: 169
2/26/2018 18:52:37   
Jams Loyal Subject

@you stop

I have ENNH but don't have it equipped hardly ever. I only equip it when I want to farm its exclusive items.

I love my Hyperium Wedding House too much

~Loyal.

P.S ENNH still isn't AC tagged what....

< Message edited by Jams Loyal Subject -- 2/26/2018 18:53:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 170
2/26/2018 19:31:28   
Apeiron

@you stop: I agree completely, there should be an item only available to ENNH owners that lets you access all the features the house has (except maybe the armor and hair customization).
As it stands, there's no point in equiping another house unless you prefer its aesthetics. (also, I don't have ENNH but i'm in the process of getting it)

< Message edited by Apeiron -- 2/26/2018 19:41:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 171
2/26/2018 20:57:15   
Shadowhunt

Just get an alt with the house But really, on the account that has it, I don't like unequipping it not as much for me as much as for other people. Since the account name is pretty simple (Brittney), it's pretty easy to /house it to use the portal. So while I personally might not use it very much, I like keeping it equipped for other people to use. Same logic applies with Drudgen, which is why that's my "default" pet: if I'm going to be out and about, I might as well let other people make use of it. I don't like switching off of it because of that.
AQ AQW  Post #: 172
3/4/2018 23:41:55   
kyyaha

Anyone know if they're ever going to update Nulgath's NPC/Monster art to the Oversoul version? I've always thought the current one looks a bit disproportionate.
AQW  Post #: 173
3/8/2018 7:49:48   
Foulman

@Shadowhunt
Can you pin that? I don't want to forget the shortcut name
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 174
3/8/2018 20:25:35   
Shadowhunt

I'm not going to pin a list in the GD, but I have started a list at the beginning of this thread of ENNH accounts that have given permission to be listed so others can use them if they wish to.

If anyone would like to be added to the list, please PM myself or one of the other AQW GD forum staff. I ask that if you have your name added to the list, please have your ENNH be the main house you keep equipped. If you change it out to use something else as your main house, please send another PM to be removed so that people do not keep going to your house expecting the ENNH but finding only sadness. Thanks!
AQ AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition