Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Who is the strongest character in DragonFable?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Who is the strongest character in DragonFable?
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/3/2018 20:21:10   
PurgeXZ

Title says it all.

I think the main competitors are: Warlic, Sepulchure, Caitiff, Valtrith, Kathool, and Cysero (No, seriously. He's really strong.).

I personall think either Cysero, Caitiff, or Sepulchure. Warlic has an extremely huge weakness: The risk of overgenerating mana. Caitiff was only beaten because she was attacked while off-guard, as with Sepulchure, and Cysero... Well, we know that he is insanely powerful. Making portals to other dimensions, tricking a time lord, having time travel abilities, as well as being able to create very strong weapons. Of course, he's held back by how zany and outlandish some of his his ideas are, as well as his overall mental instability in general. Who do you guys think is the strongest DF character?
Post #: 1
1/3/2018 20:33:41   
Greyor_42

@PurgeXZ

Well, Warlic can do quite a bit before he actually runs the risk of mana overload, as shown by what Wargoth could pull off(when Warlic split, everything magical went to his infernal half. Including the mana generation weakness). You also forgot to mention our dragon in the running. After all, they are the Avatar of Destruction/World Destroyer. Cysero pulls off most of his crazy stunts with tools, though, not actual power. Time travel he only has because of the phone booth, portals are most likely just another invention of his, and tricking a time-lord doesn't make him powerful, just clever.

Caitiff was also stated to be a WEAK doom weapon(there are only five truly powerful doom weapons that were created, the three sold by the MS to the hero, Sepulchure's old NBoD, and probably the NSoD that comes with the doom knight package. all the others are MINOR weapons, as stated by geo). What made it dangerous wasn't that it was powerful(true, it was powerful, but not on the same level as someone like warlic, seppy, MS, or our dragon), but that it was willing to learn and plan.

As for Kathool, he's an expy of Cth'ulhu, so of course he's going to be incredibly powerful. In fact, he would probably take the title. His main contenders would be Warlic, our dragon when fully grown, and possibly the avatars(though i'm a bit unsure about that one).
DF  Post #: 2
1/3/2018 20:55:24   
PurgeXZ

Actually, I think SMUDD is one of the strongest, when I think about it more.

First off, he was able to eat the sun, which already warrants star-level power. He also only had one weakness, which was his torso. His other limbs would IMMEDIATELY regenerate when destroyed. He also said he would block out all of the stars too, which could potentially warrant a Universe-level rating. SMUDD was also able to FLY to the sun within a few seconds, making him many times faster than light as well.

Also, I think you're right on Cysero. He isn't technically one of the most powerful in terms of magic or physical strength, more like he's one of the smartest characters in DF.

< Message edited by PurgeXZ -- 1/3/2018 21:01:06 >
Post #: 3
1/3/2018 23:11:44   
Henius Lon

I think we all know the answer is really Akira.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
1/3/2018 23:17:45   
Greyor_42

@Henius Lon

i would heavily disagree with that. Akira can only continually grow stronger and overcome his opponents if he survives losing to them. Most of the people on this list could easily kill him in round one, and all but one of them(Warlic is the only exception) would(yes, even our dragon, assuming we aren't there to serve as their morality pet).
DF  Post #: 5
1/4/2018 4:26:48   
Ninjaty

quote:

Well, Warlic can do quite a bit before he actually runs the risk of mana overload, as shown by what Wargoth could pull off(when Warlic split, everything magical went to his infernal half. Including the mana generation weakness)

Actually, couldn't it be that his human/logical self, specifically because it is not magical on it's own, accelerates the build up of mana (either by making magical feats more taxing or by lowering the maximum capacity)? Think about it, if you are pure, it stands to reason that you can do your one specific thing more efficiently, than you can if you are blended with an opposite impurity. With that in mind, what Wargoth can do before overloading and what Warlic can do before overloading, might not be the same. One could potentially go on for far longer than the other, due to the lack of impurity.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 1/4/2018 4:29:42 >
Post #: 6
1/4/2018 5:06:45   
Greyor_42

@Ninjaty

Well, Geo had stated that Wargoth had "the same weakness" as Warlic. I'm choosing to interpret this as being completely identical, down to the exact limit of mana that can be generated before he goes ka-blooey(in the same statement, Geo said that this weakness is the reason Wargoth hadn't destroyed Lore yet).

quote:

Wargoth has the same magical weakness as Warlic. His mana fills up as he casts spells (full mana = BOOM) and that's the only thing that's stopping him from totally consuming Lore with fire, as he did with the Ateala's world

Besides, there's nothing that would imply Wargont being "pure" would alter the maximum mana or how efficient he is. In fact, based on Geo's statement on Wargoth, it implies that that is not the case.

quote:

Wargoth is the source of Warlic's magic and has all of it now that they're split.

The only way for Wargoth to somehow have more max mana, or be more efficient, is if he somehow got more than all of Warlic's magic from Warlic.
DF  Post #: 7
1/4/2018 6:11:44   
Sakurai the Cursed

That seems a rather odd way to interpret things. Having a higher maximum mana, for Warlic/Wargoth at least, is not the same as having "more magic". For a normal person they would probably correlate, but for him it's more like, the bigger an empty vessel he has for his mana the more of his magic he can actually use. We don't really have any idea how mana works on a fundamental level even for humans, let alone infernals, but it's not that much of a leap to think that infernals may be able to handle the storage of more mana simply due to their differing bodies. There are a couple things he said that imply this:

quote:

Warlic: I lost my wings. I lost my capacity... I've had to rebuild it all! Every spell burning... sparking...
quote:

Warlic: ...but as I went through... I felt myself being pulled apart. I felt supreme power on one side.
Warlic: And... and... fragility... feelings... on the other. I thought... it was the end.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/4/2018 6:18:45   
dragon_monster

I have to point out that Warlic did said he rebuild it all including capacity.

That being said its Ashendale the strongest he can control time and that is hard to beat. Also there is argument to make for ourselves from other timelines that created the inn before time as they did said they where the strongest of us and they are controlling time to an extent as there classes are time controlling ones and their objective is to make the other us stronger and stronger how does that matter well they would not know how to do that unless they reached an level where none can threaten an us.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
1/4/2018 8:31:12   
lastspartan

Akira, he is a complete nutter and he is pretty OP.
Post #: 10
1/4/2018 9:53:01   
Ninjaty

quote:

Well, Geo had stated that Wargoth had "the same weakness" as Warlic. I'm choosing to interpret this as being completely identical, down to the exact limit of mana that can be generated before he goes ka-blooey(in the same statement, Geo said that this weakness is the reason Wargoth hadn't destroyed Lore yet).

Same weakness could simpy mean that it works the same, not that the capacity is the same. Nothing here implies the same limitations.
quote:

Besides, there's nothing that would imply Wargont being "pure" would alter the maximum mana or how efficient he is. In fact, based on Geo's statement on Wargoth, it implies that that is not the case.

quote:

The only way for Wargoth to somehow have more max mana, or be more efficient, is if he somehow got more than all of Warlic's magic from Warlic.

Actually, not only did Geo's quote not rule it out, but there are also a few possible explanations. Take pretty much any electrical device you can think of, and take apart its power source. Most likely, you will find that the power source has its output limited, in order to work with the device without damaging it. If the power source is used with less fragile parts, it can be used without such limitation, and as such be used to its fullest.

Wargoth's raw power and mana capacity could simply be too much for a human body to hold, so they are limited to not destroy the body. With a body more suitable for it, he was able to use it unrestrained.

Another way to look at it, is to take any cup and fill it halfway up with water. Due to our atmosphere, it now contains 50% water and 50% air. Take another, identical cup and fill it to the brim with water. It now contains 100% water. Which cup, despite both being technically full, will quench your thirst the most, the pure one or the half-half one?

The same concept can be applied to Warlic, a being that is half-half, and thus not able to reach the full potential of either, in contrast to Wargoth, who has reached the full capacity of one, but completely lacks the other and as such, is not held back by it. If the matter from Warlic's body was used to split into the two parts, then they would each stand only half as tall as Warlic, so clearly it is not an issue related to matter. Because it is not limited by matter, Warlic's magic could well be amplified to fill out more of a being that is specifically made to host it, growing from it's theoretical 50% to 100%, because the vessel no longer had anything to limit the expansion, or the new vessel simply allowed for easier expansion due to less resistence of some sort.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 1/4/2018 10:17:37 >
Post #: 11
1/4/2018 11:06:22   
doomtown

I guess the mysterious stranger, Super Mega Ultra Darkness Dracolich (SMUDD) is the strongest character. :)
Post #: 12
1/4/2018 11:30:36   
mahasamatman

doontown: At the time SMUDD was around, yes (Warlic exploded just from shielding Falconreach against it, and Seppy couldn't so mucha s scratch it).

I think PurgeXZ's candidates seem about right, but I'd rate Valtrith and Caitiff below all the others in the list. Kathool basically treated Caitiff as a toy.
DF  Post #: 13
1/4/2018 11:35:55   
dragon_monster

Actually I will not even put Varlith on the list he lost 3 times against the hero. He is not worthy of the list.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
1/4/2018 12:03:40   
Aura Knight

Aren't we forgetting someone important? The person who could laugh a foe to death? Vaal is a pretty strong character. Regardless of what happened, that guy had power.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 15
1/4/2018 12:32:45   
brotherinlaw

Hmmm, here's one point where statistics would differ from reality.

Obviously, world threats like Wargoth, SMUDD, and the like have the most raw power. However, let's look at some very basic statistics.

The hero, with their dragon, has beaten all of these threats. It has been stated, however, that one person is categorically more powerfull than the hero, and could defeat them in a fight. Valen. Augmented by the Doomknight armor and without the MS to force him into bad strategical positions, Sepulchure is, statistically the most powerfull person.

However, since that does not reflect reality, my bet's on SMUDD.

Also, for those arguing about Wargoth's power level (OVER 8000!), I personally think Wargoth is actually weaker than Warlic, who's major limitation is hybrid vigor. Being half human and possibly mortal, Warlic lacks most of the limitations placed of Infernals that enter the mortal realm (Also, do Infernals have souls, because I feel that having one would be a major boost in magical capabilities). He also, being half-human, would get half his mana from the infernal realm, and half from Lore. That, combined with hybrid vigor which could, in theory, have him producing more mana than he would if he were 'pure' Infernal or human, could mean that, even if Wargoth's power was less than Warlic's, Warlic may produce loads more mana than Wargoth.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/4/2018 13:39:31   
Hermitpriest

Guys I think we all know Twig is the strongest. He can somehow defy gravity at on a whim, escape from any trap, and we can't for get that time he created life from snow, ice cream monsters, and maybe a fish.
DF  Post #: 17
1/4/2018 15:58:32   
mahasamatman

We forgot Ashendal. He might also be a candidate.
DF  Post #: 18
1/4/2018 16:11:58   
lastspartan

Or the super supersuper hard arkilorth on hard mode.
Post #: 19
1/4/2018 17:14:29   
dragon_monster

quote:

We forgot Ashendal. He might also be a candidate.

He was not forgotten.
You know I want to ask the OP is it just the tops one or the top 5 or 10?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
1/4/2018 17:30:21   
FriendOfAFriend

I'd like to say we should just disregard all the clearly casual planet buster threats like Wargoth and SMUDD etc and also maybe ignore threats such as Ashendal and Warlic too. There's only so much random power until it becomes a debate of semantics.

I'd say the tiers below them like Vaal and Seppy are both two of the strongest Lore has. I reckon Jaania and Xan aren't too far behind them either.

Probably can't count out Cysero either on the basis of him probably being able to defeat anyone in Lore with some super random Deus Ex Machina that would only make TOO much sense for Cysero.

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 1/4/2018 17:33:12 >
Post #: 21
1/4/2018 18:05:55   
dragon_monster

As an question I get Seppy at an extent but why Vaal?
He said himself that he became weaker after we freed him but more important why take one half when we have Secundus?
He can control time to an extent is that not an stigma of power?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
1/4/2018 19:20:59   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

He said himself that he became weaker after we freed him

Because, despite being "weaker", he was confirmed to STILL be stronger than the Hero. Considering his ego, and his lamentation of being basically a shadow of his former self, think about what he would be at full power. It's very realistic to assume that at full power, Vaal could have potentially rivaled Sepulchure.

@Brotherinlaw

Valen is only canon to AQW, he has not been confirmed to be past Sepulchure in DF, with Dove even saying to look specifically in DF for info on DF's incarnation of Seppy.

@FriendofaFriend

like i said earlier, Cysero isn't exactly "powerful". He's just really clever and can invent powerful things. Pretty much all of his feats come from the things he's made, not his own actual power(aside from his insane speed and high degree of medium awareness). Though i will admit he is a pretty powerful mage in his own right, just not on the same scale as either Xan or Jaania.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 1/4/2018 19:23:53 >
DF  Post #: 23
1/4/2018 19:47:31   
dragon_monster

quote:

Because, despite being "weaker", he was confirmed to STILL be stronger than the Hero. Considering his ego, and his lamentation of being basically a shadow of his former self, think about what he would be at full power. It's very realistic to assume that at full power, Vaal could have potentially rivaled Sepulchure.

Is it said in the game or was it said by the staff and you can not prove anymore because the thread was deleted?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
1/4/2018 20:35:38   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

Honestly? I can't remember where exactly I saw the confirmation, but I do know it was something I saw recently. And gameplay at the very least backs it up, as a weakened Vaal from the Void Ship saga is shown capable of one-shotting many enemies that the Hero would take some time fighting in any of the canon armors(and most non-canon armors as well).
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Who is the strongest character in DragonFable?
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition