Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2018 17:58:53   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

quote:

Verlyrus:
The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!

Happy New Year, Heroes!

Hope everyone is staying warm! A new page of challenges has appeared on the arena board in the Inn at the Edge of Time! The Otherwordly Challenges have begun- pitting you against mysterious beasts and creatures the likes of which have never before been seen on Lore!

See! The proud and mighty Leorilla! It is quick to anger- beware his watchful gaze!

See! The legendary Sir Bearginion the Third, Most Honorable Duelist of the Western Deepwoods, AKA One Punch Bear, AKA, Your Doom! Face him in a 1v1 honorable duel! Try anything funny and you may find out why they call him "One Punch Bear"!

Earn! The mighty Leorilla Mane Belt, a grand trophy for a grand fight! (Note, no Leorillas or bears were harmed in the making of Leorilla Mane Belts. Really.)

Challenge them today in the Inn at the Edge of Time!

In other news, ShadowWalker of Time accessories are now available from the Book of Lore and Cysero's Superstore of Savings!

Get that fancy hair/helm, as well as two different matching weapons! When the shop is removed from the Book of Lore, the items will still be available from Cysero's Superstore, so don't worry!

Having trouble with the challenge fights? Have any ideas what these strange new foes are or where they could have come from?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Tags: Verlyrus
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
1/5/2018 18:01:44   
godofthunder4

My goodness, Leorilla is DIFFICULT. Iíve been playing him for thirty or so minutes and I still havenít won yet. You gotta pay attention to which skills youíre using as they can boost Leorilla, and Iím still trying to figure out exactly how it works.
DF  Post #: 2
1/5/2018 18:06:52   
Greyor_42

I'm pretty sure Sir Bearington should change his name to Kenshiro, because i just got Fist of The North Star'd by him......

@godofthunder4 It's not just that certain skills buff him. Simply getting him to a specific damage threshold seems to buff him as well. And that buff seems to be even stronger(the skill buff had him deal around 410 damage per hit, the damage threshold had him deal 800+ per hit).

Unrelated note, seriously digging the ShadowWalker's Time Scythe, and Visage.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 1/5/2018 18:14:42 >
DF  Post #: 3
1/5/2018 18:21:43   
Shadow X Ascendant

I am still trying to understand Leorilla, some skills may buff It up, but even if i use only normal attacks, it will still kill me with his berserker attack, The only chance i see is keeping it Stunned For All Battle, since it Has a -10 Immobility

Edit - For what i am watching here, Buffing yourself is what enrage the leorilla

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/5/2018 18:41:16 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
1/5/2018 18:25:10   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

The helm and weapons look really cool, I love how the hair looks like it's flowing in the breeze.

DF AQW  Post #: 5
1/5/2018 18:37:30   
docblade

Are.
You!
SERIOUS????

I need to finish Sir Bearington with ONE ATTACK OR HE WILL FINISH ME???
DF MQ  Post #: 6
1/5/2018 18:42:18   
Shadow X Ascendant

Oh now i see, i Defeated it with Soulweaver + Baltael Aventail , Artix Book 3 , and Nythera, ... For Leorilla, You cannot have any Buff at Yourself except for Healing , or Debuff It be anyway , You can only stun it, this is How it is beaten.

For Sir Begarinion, I know Only That You need to Fight Him one by one, Cannot Change Weapons (he Gives himself a +30% Defense against your Weapon Element), and he is immune to Stun, And if your Hp goes below 40% he will give a Nuke also at you, you can only repel it if you heal yourself in next round. even Pets you cannot bring. so for this The Weird Duo, you will also need to beat Alone, With No Buffs at yourselfs, Not even defense. I Got The Belt I , Now For The Fur. I will Make the Level 85 Belt for Replace my Unhallowed DK Belt Lv 80

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/5/2018 19:10:37 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
1/5/2018 18:42:52   
dragon_monster

quote:

I am still trying to understand Leorilla, some skills may buff It up, but even if i use only normal attacks, it will still kill me with his berserker attack, The only chance i see is keeping it Stunned For All Battle, since it Has a -10 Immobility

Edit - For what i am watching here, Buffing yourself is what enrage the leorilla

No buff at all on Leorilla you can heel yourself but that is all no block or something like that. Only stun and heal on you and it will take an while.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
1/5/2018 18:51:58   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

I used a shield in my last attempt against leorilla and that didn't buff it, so I don't think it was the shield that buffed it on your attempt.
DF  Post #: 9
1/5/2018 18:52:28   
Eltar

I kinda remember Sir Bearginion from elsewhere.. wasnt that a D&D character from some random guy's session?

< Message edited by Eltar -- 1/5/2018 18:59:08 >
Post #: 10
1/5/2018 18:56:04   
dragon_monster

quote:

I used a shield in my last attempt against leorilla and that didn't buff it, so I don't think it was the shield that buffed it on your attempt.

I used riftwalker and when I used block it biffed Leorilla but as an pride thing I did beat her and now the bear is next he wants and one on one duel well he will not even got me half of my life.
Did I said I beat Leorilla because I did.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
1/5/2018 18:57:05   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Greyor_42. You also need to see for What Leorilla is looking, if it is looking for you it is searching for Buffs to do the Ultra Attack. If it is Looking for his fur, it is searching for Debuffs to do Ultra Attack, also if you Have guests and use shield, if leorilla, attack your guest but not you, in that round is not as a buff, because it was not looking you, but your guest.

Edit - I Managed to Take out 6000 of 9000 Hp from Sir Beariginon, With DeathKnight (DA), but this is the Far that i got, i Tried with Soulweaver + Baltael , Shadow Hunter, Necro Paragon and DeathKnight

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/5/2018 19:14:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
1/5/2018 19:15:18   
dragon_monster

Yeah he is tough try doomknight.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
1/5/2018 19:22:20   
Shadow X Ascendant

I don't Have DoomKnight, and DC armors, Except for Necro Paragon

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/5/2018 19:24:09 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
1/5/2018 19:29:35   
Trigurax

this items look good but they are weak in power. the new belt is very good tho

< Message edited by Trigurax -- 1/5/2018 19:33:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 15
1/5/2018 19:58:13   
Greyor_42

@Trigurax

I don't find them to be all that weak, personally. They're about as powerful as the Necro Paragon Soulblade, and are for an element that almost no enemies resist.
DF  Post #: 16
1/5/2018 20:00:28   
Luma

I defeated Bearginion using EPL's OHKO skill. It doesn't OHKO Bearginion per se, but if it proc's, it's 8k off of it's HP in a flash (at Lv85 scaling). It's just a matter of killing him with the leftover HP, or you got rid of the extra HP before it proc'd. Either way, that's one alternative to stacking Nature resist.

< Message edited by Luma -- 1/5/2018 20:02:25 >
DF AQW  Post #: 17
1/5/2018 20:17:02   
Melrakki018

Is there even a reward for beating both at once? I'm having difficulty with Bearginion alone, so I can only imagine that the duo is going to be giving the crawler/centaur fight a run for their money as the toughest fight in the game since you can't bring guests or pets.
Post #: 18
1/5/2018 20:20:55   
dragon_monster

I beat the Bear yes I beat him it was very very hard but I beat him. Now I am the top bear.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
1/5/2018 20:21:03   
asgaron

THEY DID NOT SKIP ON BUFFS DAY AT ALL I AM NOT MISSING THAT 500-700 ON AVERAGE DMG U NEED TO BE ON THE TOP OF THE BUILD OH MY GOSH
remember when the hero said rats and animals were low level creatures obviously that is lie
Post #: 20
1/5/2018 20:30:19   
Shadow X Ascendant

i Got DA, but i have neither the Armor closet or Storybook collection so i cannot use EPL, and neither holiday classes, i beat leorilla , but Sir Bearignion is making me have a bad time
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
1/5/2018 20:49:33   
dragon_monster

Yeah he is hard lucky I had access to doomknight the revamped version as the first one is not allowed and even so it took me I think 10 tries or close to it until I found the right strategy.
Okay let me help you all the bear wants one thing do not use pets or guests or change weapons but you can change the element of your weapon. He does hit like an tank but if you can keep you HP above 1000 no less then 2 turns you can beat him. Use the most defensive class you have and just defend as much as you can change element of your weapon each time you attack. But again the element of your weapon not the weapon.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 1/5/2018 20:56:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
1/5/2018 20:55:50   
ArchNero

Good stuff Verly.

I think I figured out the leorilla.

Watching you carefully means you can't do anything, that buffs your character like earth dragon spirit. However skills that debuff are usable such as nerfing bth, boost, etc.

Checking for impurities, frees up the player to use skills that buff like your BPD/MPM. But limits the usage of skills that debuff the target and DoTs. If it wasn't obvious the "impurities" means checking for anything that's affecting him.

Not too hard to figure out, and I like this interesting counter balance concept going on.

Sir Bearginion the Third is just mean though . I did manage to beat him though, nature res stacking, PDL and 5 health pots.

The duo would be challenging, just because you have leorilla watching you, so you can't use your defensive skills against Sir Bearginion, and at the same time you can't have guests or pets for leorilla because of Sir Bearginion.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 1/5/2018 21:04:49 >
Post #: 23
1/5/2018 21:04:54   
mahasamatman

First of all, for the belt & egg, I DMKv1'd the hell out of all 3 challenges. Life Carve is NOT fair.

Leorilla wasn't too mush of a problem for an optimized-equipment RW (using UBLoD, showing BoA). Used 1 healing potion in the fight.
His 'trigger' is like this: every turn, he semi-randomly checks either you or himself. If he finds a status effect, he goes enraged for the turn.

Bearginion was too much for the RW. DL lost. Paladin lost miserably. Necromancer gave a good fight, but lost. I had high hopes for pyromancer, but lost twice. Archivist lost. DMKv2 finally managed to win, but even that wasn't an easy fight.
His trigger is either you change equipment, you bring guests or a pet, or you drop below a certain threshold of health (around 35% or so).

Most of the losing classes against Bearginion can probably win with extra potions from ninja and healing food.

TL;DR- Leo can be done, Bear can be done with any DMK, Duo can be done with DMKv1 (or DMKv2 and healing food, probably)

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 1/5/2018 21:11:41 >

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 24
1/5/2018 21:08:25   
quedzadrake

Finally got Sir Beargnion down, after 8 trys with DoomK and a Elemental Scythe (Called money synergy) now i need to ask how IS THE DUO POSSIBLE!?
seems logical to focus on beargnion debuffing him and buffing defensively when leorrila isn't looking
but i was not able to hold above 40% of my health most of the time and in the other used a defensive in the wrong time and leorrila enraged
anyone have a idea of a class to do it?
update: nvm stacked nature resist and one-shoted with luck

< Message edited by quedzadrake -- 1/6/2018 17:29:53 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition