Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2018 5:20:58   
asgaron

Oh wow that makes a lot of sense
Post #: 51
1/6/2018 10:10:26   
Bamzalot

I managed to effortlessly defeat Leorilla using the Archivist with Blade of Awe. I didn't even notice what his gimmick was due to keeping him locked down for more than half the fight. Finally something that Archivist can completely steam roll over.

Archivist made it about 50% against Sir Bearington, but it just can't quite keep up with the damage. It can lock down Bearington fairly effectively when combining Ultimate Orbs with Kathool's Madness, but the few gaps in between let him deal too much damage to last the entire fight. Celestia's Sorrow is good for a one time reset, but the cooldown makes it an ineffective way to survive. Looks like I will need to try something else for that fight.
Post #: 52
1/6/2018 11:31:01   
Henius Lon

For anyone struggling with the bear, I highly recommend Axpower's paladin strategy on the previous page. I used it and had practically full health the entire battle. It just takes a long time.

@Axpower thanks a ton!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
1/6/2018 12:00:56   
lastspartan

What is the deal with the reward of the new double battle? When will we used it to merge with another item?

With every loss we have in our lives, it only strengthens us to get us to our best. Out of failure comes success.
Post #: 54
1/6/2018 12:03:48   
The ErosionSeeker

When people say you can't beat the duo without DmK v1 or a lucky EPL scythe

:^)
DF AQW  Post #: 55
1/6/2018 12:12:26   
dragon_monster

What class did you used?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
1/6/2018 12:33:27   
doomtown

What is the trick to defeat Leorilla with revamped DmK?
Post #: 57
1/6/2018 12:52:50   
dragon_monster

stun then attack then attack then attack then attack the life carve then attack then stun and you keep going until she is dead.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
1/6/2018 13:11:03   
lastspartan

Defeated them both and the tag battle with DK V1

With every loss we have in our lives, it only strengthens us to get us to our best. Out of failure comes success.
Post #: 59
1/6/2018 13:13:55   
doomtown

@dragon_monster so basically no other attacking skills, than the attack button?
Post #: 60
1/6/2018 13:19:19   
dragon_monster

and life carve when its of cd you can use the skills that takes some of your hp to increase damage but why risk it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
1/6/2018 13:20:00   
doomtown

Ah thanks finished it, Necrotic Sword of Doom sure makes it faster when it procs :)

EDIT: Haha, if you have a weapon that weakens the enemy, use Weakening Blow (DmK) skill and Corruption (DmK) skill on top of it, Sir Bearginion starts hitting you negatively and you get healed with each hit.

< Message edited by doomtown -- 1/6/2018 13:43:46 >
Post #: 62
1/6/2018 13:40:53   
Melrakki018

@ The ErosionSeeker

just, how? how is that even possible?

I mean, I'm guessing you've stacked nature resist up the wazoo, but even then I just don't see the chickencow (is that the base or evolved? Either way) having the damage output or sustainability to take down both before they take down you.
Post #: 63
1/6/2018 13:45:30   
dragon_monster

There is an technique with an certain weapon an chikencow that allows you to do mega huge damage that surpasses any class in the game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
1/6/2018 14:02:34   
Henius Lon

1. What is this technique you speak of :)
2. Does it work with Ascended ChickenCow?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 65
1/6/2018 14:17:02   
dragon_monster

When I am saying technique I might be kind and do not want to push it so you need an weapon you can get and use an ability that only the chicken cow class has.

The unevolved one.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 1/6/2018 14:18:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
1/6/2018 15:02:59   
Lordvladek97

@dragon_monster

Can u tell us this technique? Obviously it is very powerful and I'm sure a lot of us would love to know.

I beat Leorilla with EPL- the key was to stun and use the big nature combo attack, and use scythe whenever possible outside of the damage combo.

Having A LOT of trouble with the freaking bear. God, I hate that thing. And that paladin strategy failed miserabley. Anyone have a better technique I can try?
DF AQW  Post #: 67
1/6/2018 15:05:49   
dragon_monster

I can't because its in limbo between technique and exploit and I do not want to know what it is on me. Sorry.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
1/6/2018 15:24:45   
The ErosionSeeker

Naturecast was fixed several weeks ago, it doesn't do anything significant anymore.
That was with regular Chickencow, 74 Nature resist, and 4 All resist.

As for how I managed it, it turns out that using a weapon that has a chance to heal on hit works really well when you attack for 12 times a turn (who knew!).
DF AQW  Post #: 69
1/6/2018 15:30:29   
dragon_monster

Not that far older then that and you have the ingredients for that and I do not know if its still works.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
1/6/2018 16:11:23   
mahasamatman

I'm guessing something that has added damage against beasts. I know another weapon has something like this against a specific creature type (allowing pretty insane damage).

Edit: even if not specifically beasts, it's obviously a special activation weapon. IIRC Omniblade had a 0.01% chance to OHKO anything?

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 1/6/2018 16:24:27 >
DF  Post #: 71
1/6/2018 16:21:01   
Lordvladek97

@erosion_seeker

What weapon did u use? Also, im guessing you used gear that had good nature resistance. Is there a place on the forum that keeps track of all the best gear for each element resist? Or some sort of catalogue that has all the resists per element listed?
DF AQW  Post #: 72
1/6/2018 16:34:18   
Axpower

@Henius Lon Glad you found it useful!

@Lordvladek97 Try using the Hidebehind Cape if you have it. I love the -25 because it buffs heals (Something like max healing potion is practically a full heal), and works in conjunction with pally's blind.

EDIT: Also, BOA really helps here

< Message edited by Axpower -- 1/6/2018 16:36:52 >
DF  Post #: 73
1/6/2018 16:48:23   
Lordvladek97

@axpower

I'm looking at the stats of the lvl 75 hidebehind and it says it gives +18 health, along with -36 All resist. I thought negative health stat was what increased heals, not positive. And forgive me, but I'm not following how -36 all resist, even with good defense stats, can possibly help.
DF AQW  Post #: 74
1/6/2018 17:02:20   
liger98

So I used this page to get up to 54 Nature resist.

I used Doomknight and the Dragon Amulet Scythe against the Duo. I nearly won (had Leo down to 1100 hp) but I just brought 1 Rotten Hardtack. Pretty sure if I brought Seaweed in too I would have won (by stacking the Seaweed with the stun). If anyone has any tips, feel free.

EDIT: I noticed that the Bear can have 2 resistances at a time so definitely check it every turn just to be sure you're choosing the right element.

UPDATE: I BEAT THE DUO!!!!

< Message edited by liger98 -- 1/6/2018 17:17:05 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition