Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2018 21:48:21   
Greyor_42

Like i said only a few comments ago one does not need doomknight to beat the duo, as erosionseeker supplied the equipment build used to beat the duo AS chichekcow, and back on page 3, displayed proof that he did beat the dou with it..
DF  Post #: 126
1/12/2018 1:35:34   
Eragon Dragus

Finally
Evo Pumpkinlord's scythe decided to work. After that the duo fight is just a cake walk. Also, got 2 lucky doom portal from the NSoD in a row on Leorilla
Post #: 127
1/12/2018 15:56:40   
anime_rpg

Yes though I meant at level 67 rather than at max level. Since I followed his guide and only just managed to beat the bear. Although I did get 50+ resist so only ~25 less than Erosion.

Edit: Although actually ChamPAIN Skullcracker heals 10% hp instead of only 4%, so that would make a big difference.

< Message edited by anime_rpg -- 1/12/2018 15:59:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 128
1/12/2018 17:49:40   
The ErosionSeeker

50 Nature vs 75 Nature means you're taking twice as much damage as I was, even if you had Skullcracker, you would still be way behind.
DF AQW  Post #: 129
1/12/2018 21:18:16   
Eragon Dragus

I did try out Erosionseeker's Chickencow build for the duo. Got 50+ Nature Resist and 21 All resist. Invest all stats into END and yeah. The BoA's 4% heal just isn't quite enough.
Post #: 130
1/14/2018 6:39:38   
MarchingToApril

Finally got to try out the challenges. Archivist spat in Leorilla's eyeball and Cryptic managed against Sir Bearginion. Was a long fight though. Managed to luck out and steal two potions during the fight and even then, I had to use both the ones I brought along, even with Frostval healing daggers on show. It'd probably be for the best to bring both full heals and maybe steal a bunch of potions beforehand for him. I tried Evo. Pumpkinlord first but even with candy-boosted healing, it can't really keep up with Sir Bear's damage.

I'll try out the duo sometime.
Post #: 131
1/14/2018 20:34:23   
ArchNero

I gotta say, in recently defeating leorilla and Sir Bearginion, I have respect for MSW.

Normally I'm not a fan of using defensive classes, but surprisingly MSW didn't too badly, you can neuter Sir Bearginion's damage esp with, high nature resist + the -70 boost you use with soul seal and soul vacuum. Also NSTB and soul banish to really mess up his BTH.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think MSW could probably beat the duo.
Post #: 132
1/14/2018 20:57:01   
Greyor_42

^

Highly unlikely, as most of MSW's effectiveness comes from either having an eternal damage buff yourself, or consistently debuffing the opponent, like you mentioned. With that in mind, Leorilla is an incredibly dangerous opponent, as he will purge any and all debuffs you put on him(which makes the souls seal+soul vacuum combo useless, as well as the class's ace in the hole skill that is banish), and will fully heal if you're buffed(so soul synch, the class's OTHER ace in the hole skill, is automatically out of the question as well).
DF  Post #: 133
1/15/2018 3:21:56   
ArchNero

^

True, I can't see myself beating the duo with MSW, unless I played really carefully and, tried to play around leorilla "watching" and "checking" to pull off the full sync charge attack, and got lots of heal procs from blade of awe.

I'm just curious to see what other classes could beat the duo, because I love this fight, tbh probably my favourite so far from the Inn at the edge of time, that was well thought out.

Managed to beat the duo though with ranger. Funny for me, because it was easier for me to beat the duo with ranger, than it was with doomknight v2.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 1/15/2018 4:05:15 >
Post #: 134
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 5th Design Notes: The Otherworldly Challenge Has Arrived!
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition