Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The point of the light shield?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The point of the light shield?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2018 8:53:46   
dragon_monster

So I do not understand here why did mages and Warlic even made an light shield in the first place at the end of book 1 what is the point? The world is covered in darkness and the world was not whipped out children survived that small children like 5 year old children old people even light elemental's who are very vulnerable to darkness. So why did Warlic and the mages erected an light shield over the Guardian Tower what is you theory?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 1/8/2018 9:14:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
1/8/2018 9:30:33   
Greyor_42

Well, it probably served as a way to prevent darkness elementals from getting into falconreach, now that they were enhanced and controlled by the SMUDD. So they probably would have been pretty hostile to anything not darkness aligned. I'd say the main reason casualties were minimal is because of other strong people being around to be able to defend certain places. Artix, for example, would have had pretty much all of doomwood safe-ish, alongside the adventurers hanging out at Hunter's Paradise. Zhoom had the Sandsea covered, Galanoth would be defending Dragesvard, Etc.

Another factor in survivors is most likely because so many people came to Falconreach for protection shortly before the light shield was cast, and we defeated the SMUDD so quickly after it ran out.
DF  Post #: 2
1/8/2018 9:38:14   
dragon_monster

Yeah it will work if the SMUDD did not absorbed those element to make himself big to eat the sun.
quote:

???: I will drown this world in darkness!
???: Come to me now... every being of darkness that has been hiding in the shadows...
???: Join with me and we will grow....

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19421648

I though that also until I realized that is not working there are no darkness elements left by the time the light shield was erected.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/8/2018 10:32:59   
Greyor_42

quote:

I though that also until I realized that is not working there are no darkness elements left by the time the light shield was erected.

There were still Darkness Elementals even after the shield dropped. Remember, he was absorbing them into him during the entire fight, which was the whole reason we were unable to permanantly damage him until we struck directly at the core. That and there are still Darkness Elementals post Book 1 epilogue.

Also, i kinda forgot to mention the other darkness aligned creatures that were at the time under his command, who would potentially assault villages and cities now that they were empowered by the mass influence darkness just got.

The only other thing i can think of is that it was purely meant to be symbolic in nature, as a sign of fortitute and hope:

quote:

Warlic: In a world overtaken by shadow...
Warlic: Falconreach will remain a beacon of light.
DF  Post #: 4
1/8/2018 11:58:20   
dragon_monster

That sounds cool. Be the beacon of light.
Also I saw the cutscenes for eclipse quest and there it showed he was just an big stain on the planet not the whole planet basically just Draconia from what it seems.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
1/8/2018 12:00:56   
Greyor_42

Yeah, we fortunately managed to stop it before it spread to the rest of Lore. So, go us!
DF  Post #: 6
1/9/2018 2:54:38   
Skullkyopi

I feel like I remember Tomix (or maybe it was Ashendal?) saying something DID happen to those outside the protection of the Light Dome. They just didn't say what, yet. Probably gonna be a plot point some time in the future.
DF MQ  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The point of the light shield?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition