Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

My corner of suggestions.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> My corner of suggestions.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2018 8:11:16   
Strength.designer

New suggestion: Tagging items as a form of security.

This is suggestion is something that while may not seem huge, I think would give a sense of security to players when it comes to the correct management of their items. My suggestion is that items to be able to be tagged, possibly in the account management, so that they may not be sold by mistake until they are untagged. I don't know about other players but I'm always cautious and fearing that sometime I may accidentally sell a precious rare that I will never be able to get again. The risk of that happening has only increased in time due to inventory management and now shared vault management and I think that this potential risk causes a truly unpleasant feeling when managing your items. So for that I ask of the staff to implement a system where we can no longer sell an item by mistake.

Another option would be for the game to have some sort of tracking of every item that you sold to the shop so it can be rebought at any moment, but I figure that would be much more difficult to implement and sustain and would just become some sort of "infinite vault", unless of course some sort of penalty were implemented to prevent abuse, such as putting a z-token price in the rebuying of sold items.

Hi everyone, for me and for a lot of people one of the most enjoyable aspects of Adventure Quest is to collect items, I think the staff makes a good job at releasing awesome rares and collectibles, however I think there is one aspect of that that could be made better.

A lot of good rares are released and re-released from time to time in different shapes to give the chance to newer players to at least acquire a version of the item, and I think that's great and very fair, some examples are the Predatory Vampire Form, Savage Werewolf, Bloodmages and Bard of War, I think those can be considered modern legends of AQ. However we don't get re-released versions of true legendary AQ equipments and I think that is something that could be worked on, of course though that that would have to be done in such a way as to not diminish the value of the true legendary items that some have.

I have some initial ideas:

-Make a limited time MC set of the once Legendary Uber Nightmare set.

-Make a limited time version of important items of Adventure Quest history, such as the Frozen Claymore and Ice Katana. These versions would be intrinsically related to the historical events and not huge deviations such as the Vanilla Ice katana.

-Make a limited time MC set of the Legendary Uber Golden Set.

Etc.

Some items that have never been done could also be done as a reference to old events in a kind of retroactive way as a way to make new legendary items.

I hope someone likes my ideas, cheers.

< Message edited by Strength.designer -- 1/17/2018 23:56:05 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
1/10/2018 9:45:07   
Willowofwish

Problem is that the equipments of the bygone era have a lean that is completely different and incompatible with modern standard, so there's no chance we're going to get an exact replica of golden set. However, we already have the comminicant set in place of the golden set, the Frozen Claymore can be found in the 10th anniversary, and FVIK is the modern version of Ice Katana. Basically what the staff have been doing is sufficient enough tbh.
AQ  Post #: 2
1/10/2018 9:56:38   
Dreiko Shadrack

The nightmare set was itself already revamped, even though it actually needs another one now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/10/2018 16:29:58   
Strength.designer

Well I think I should explain a bit better where I'm trying to get at here, what I'm suggesting is for the game to release special versions of those equipments, like limited time items to give a chance for newer players to have legendary items, not only just rares. In fact, this could be a totally new rarity class, like "mythic", for example.

I know that the items would not be able to come as they were back then due to current standards, but they could somewhat resemble what they were, and with awesome new graphics. What I'm suggesting here is that even items that were not ever rare but had great historical importance to be made mythic, like the Frozen Claymore, also items like the golden set and nightmare set that remained in the game in some fashion should be completely ignored and have totally brand new versions that alluded to their legendary versions.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
1/11/2018 7:40:54   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AQ Sugg)

You mean a cosmetically different versions of the armours itself as collectibles?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
1/11/2018 16:26:42   
Strength.designer

Yes but not only that, what I mean is to make special versions of items with historical importance, both items that are rare and items that are not. It is like releasing the legendary version of the items, or the items that were used and existed back then almost in a poetic sense.

The successors of the Golden Set and Nightmare set that we have nowadays in the game are not legendary because they are still there, they exist NOW, in a time that is away from the time where they had historical relevance, they are not THE Golden Set or THE Nightmare set of back then because they don't carry the meanings and the relevance that they carried at that time , now they account for something different. This is not a 100% logical concept but more like a poetic concept. But the items of the Golden Set of Legacy that some players have, or the Eye of Carnax for example, are still legendary because only those that got them back then still have them, so it's like they are frozen in time, and for that they still carry the legendary status that they once had.

What I would like therefore is for special limited releases of items with historical importance, I heard that the staff was thinking about updating the old quests, this is a good opportunity to release such items since not everyone is aware of the legendary items of the past anymore. For example if the Frozen Claymore quest is updated special "legendary" or "mythic" versions of the weapon could also be released in parallel for a limited time.

This would introduce a new category of items to the game, "mythics" which would be something different from rares, they are not just items "that can't be acquired anymore", but items that are legendary within the game's lore itself and for that are rare.

Again this is all a very poetic concept, but one that I think is interesting.

PS: These items must not be only cosmetic versions though, they could have stats that approached the old stats(but don't brake the game) or are updates of those(in case they're too weak for nowadays standards).

< Message edited by Strength.designer -- 1/11/2018 16:28:01 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
1/12/2018 7:21:46   
Strength.designer

I think that the key point of my suggestion here is to make legendary items with historical value related to inside lore. I think that the staff makes a great job at releasing awesome rares but they don't have the historical value that the old rares do. A solution for that would be re-releasing old items with historical value in limited-time special editions, and also bringing the concept of war rares back, since war rares are intrinsically more tied to the history of the game than, say, GGB rares, they are more prone to create these kind of items that not only appeal in a "rarity way" but also in a "inside lore way".

Again, the idea is to make a new rarity that makes sense in an inside lore perspective and not only in an external imposed rarity.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
1/12/2018 19:20:27   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AQ Sugg)

These mythic or legendary items would need to be balanced in the way it isn't more OP than the limits set on any game item. The only exception was that darkness armour, that will never be touched - yet - due to this which you speak of.

The rare itself can go at least 2 ways:
1) The name it takes on, will only be just a name. Stats and function-wise, will be vanilla, no extra buffs whatsoever. It could probably do with a new skin as well to differentiate it.
2) It will be a cosmetic change of re-colouring, or just new art for it. But it won't be updated in its stats, might even be kept as a low-level item to make it a 'relic'.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
1/12/2018 20:20:21   
Strength.designer

I think that for my idea to work and be interesting the items would have to be something else rather than just "cosmetical". If applying OP stats is not possible then I believe creative ways would have to be found to "render a special feeling" to them and still make them useful, if not better in a "vertical" way, more interesting in a "horizontal" way, if that makes sense. Not "more powerful", but "special".

It is important however that they are tied to the history of in-game lore, so they would come either in re-releases of old events and special celebrations, or as new rares for new wars. I know that it is a policy of the staff now to keep war items in the game and not make them rare, however special versions of some of the rewards could be made and made rare, maybe with a special name and different(and more epic) art.

I think it is also important for the health of the game that this new system is done while preserving the rarity of the true old rares.

< Message edited by Strength.designer -- 1/12/2018 20:21:02 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 9
1/12/2018 21:31:24   
High Paladin

It seems to me there's a lot more important things for the staff to be doing (especially in their highly strained art department) than making items just for the sake of them going rare again, especially if it involves making multiple copies of the same item so some people can wave the rare tag around.
AQ  Post #: 10
1/13/2018 17:35:27   
Strength.designer

Maybe you are right but I don't know, I think that having items that are truly legendary and connected to the game lore is healthy for enhancing the sharing part of the game. Just a man's opinion though.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
1/15/2018 9:00:29   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AQ Sugg)

If it was truly legendary, only NPCs of that legend should be the ones wielding it... everything else is made by Yulgar as a copy
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
1/17/2018 23:44:10   
Strength.designer

Lol, true that.

New suggestion added!

< Message edited by Strength.designer -- 1/17/2018 23:56:27 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> My corner of suggestions.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition