Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= January 12th Design Notes: A New Student!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 12th Design Notes: A New Student!
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2018 16:38:34   
Shadow X Ascendant

One Thing i Forgot to mention is about This new quest is Three spoilers from our Doomknight Version in Inn At Edge of time

spoiler:

"Belle is More important than you know" "Theeano Wants To Bring Back a weapon" "Belle Dies" , so what i can say, is that bad things are only starting and in the end, we will lose another Friend..........

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/13/2018 16:39:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
1/13/2018 16:41:53   
Vaalirus

^ Crap I completely forgot about that one...
spoiler:

but maybe it might mean that Belle dies and comes right back? No? too optimistic of me?
DF  Post #: 77
1/13/2018 16:47:15   
Greyor_42

@Shadow X Ascendant

remember, though, a fair number of the Doomknight's spoilers have been false so far.
DF  Post #: 78
1/13/2018 16:52:19   
dragon_monster

@Shadow X Ascendant So what? That is an good thing its enough that there about half an dozen way more special people then the hero the less the best.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
1/13/2018 17:12:00   
Shiny_Underpants

The thing with that last spoiler
spoiler:

Belle dies
is that these factoids are pulled from separate timelines at separate times.
The tenses, therefore, mean nothing, i.e. we don't know when it happens. It may have already; it seems odd that Warlic would mention having died in the past, as well... she seemed so shocked at the prospect, so if it had happened in the past she'd likely have disregarded the possibility.
DF MQ  Post #: 80
1/13/2018 20:26:00   
Chazero

spoiler:

My experience with characters who are more powerful than the main character AND are on the same side is that the powerful one will either have to make a sacrifice to protect his/her friends which usually results in the destruction of their physical form and/or becoming one with whatever magical nature exists in a particular world or turn to the dark side and the main character will have to fight him/her and maybe connect with whatever good is left in the more powerful one in order to exploit a weakness Fluffy style.
If the more powerful character is also younger than the main character, that just increases the chance of them dying or disintegrating, the good die young or something like that.
Just my 2 cents.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
1/13/2018 21:22:49   
Shadow X Ascendant

spoiler:

wait, wait i got 2 weird questions now, based on spoiler - "Belle Dies", Aegis said that when soulweavers die, they became elemental spirits, so, 1 - When Danyel Sacrified Himself to try to defeat roirr, he have became an elemental spirit? 2 - and if belle dies, the same can happen to her?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
1/13/2018 21:27:32   
rater202

@dragon_monster.

The Hero is the only person in all of Lore who is connected to and draws power from all Nine Orbs and the Ultimate Orb--not even our Dragon has that, having to have gotten elemental power from other sources for three of them and lacking a connection to the Ultimate Orb.

The Hero is also the Only Dragonlord in the World with a bond to a unique dragon, who with the death of Fluffy is the most unique and special dragon in the world.

And the only one who can easily learn more than one class and switch between them almost casually.

We are the only human with Altean magic.

Optionally, we will eventually be able to become only the second Fleshweaver ever and the only one that will exist after we catch up to the First Weaver Saga's timeline.

We also canonically have either a Doom Weapon or a Destiny Weapon, and if it's a Doom Weapon we've been holding onto one for years and making it stronger in that time without being noticeably corrupted by it, which is also kind of special

Just because there are NPCs that have unique things we don't get, that doesn't mean that they're more special than we are.
AQ DF  Post #: 83
1/13/2018 22:13:55   
dragon_monster

Now no connection with the ultimate orb we never touched it and 5 orbs where in our possession so no that is not true. Also our dragon has that also.

Not really as Vilmor is bonded with an great dragon. Sure its only ice but you know still great dragon equal with our dragon in power.

Unknown if the classes thing is true actually in that its unique to the hero I say not because there was an dude with an tog that had all the classes combined.

About being the only human with Atlean magic its true for now.

About the fleashweaver yeah sure but nowhere near at the level of Roirr its gonna be shadow of that not impressive at all.

About the doom weapon that is actually not true the current guardian leader of Falconreach actually owned an doom weapon for some time also and never got corrupted so you know not that is impressive. He lost it because Caitiff took it.

But lets point something none of the above are unique only to the hero some are not and some can be replicated by others.
spoiler:

Belle is unique with unlimited mana and can potentially create beings, Warlic is also unique, Nythera also unique woid void magic that only she can use besides being an half dragon because why not, Amadeus is an doom knight and an very strong one, Ash is the only known archknight with an sword which is an light princess, The petshop girl is the only human currently capable of communicating and taming animals and this are allies, friends or sorta allies. The only unique thing the hero has and its an maybe if he is an guardian canonically as he is the only one able to summon the guardian dragon of all guardians but that may not be canon.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 84
1/13/2018 22:16:12   
Samirasaid

Hello everyone, I was looking more closely at Belle, and after the New Student quest, some assumptions were made that she was a Infernal, or a Celestial, and at last Warlic said she was something totally new.
I have a theory very, very, very crazy but it makes a little sense.
If you look calmly at Belle, you will notice that:
1) She is Blonde;
2) She has strands of white hair;
3) Yellow eyes;
4) It's a Soulweaver
5) Your Soul Ally is not Human;
6) Has Unlimited Power / Unlimited Mana

Based on these facts I made a connection between her and something that happened in Book 3
and I came to a theory:
Belle has the likeness to Pandora in human form, Pandora was founder of the Chaosweaver and had Yellow eyes, Tomix when lost her Soul, stayed with yellow eyes and White hair. Pandora, Aspar and Tomix were disintegrated in Void by Yunaagap Core.
Following this line concludes that Belle may actually have been created by Yunagaap core with the DNA of Tomix and Pandora so she is blonde with strands of white hair, with this she has direct link with the nucleus of emptiness that is something connected to the lore, which can be connected to the unlimited mana, ie the yunagaap core of Void may have created something totally new, a new being, so that tomix did not go to the Elemental Plane, the void core was just merging tomix with Pandora, Aspar does not tell, because he is a soul of Pandora, so Aspar is Pandora, so that when Belle synchronized with Vitael he was corrupted by her power.

< Message edited by Samirasaid -- 1/13/2018 22:23:42 >
DF  Post #: 85
1/13/2018 22:38:17   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

but nowhere near at the level of Roirr its gonna be shadow of that not impressive at all.

You don't know that though. We've never actually seen Roirr fleshweave, so we really can't make any comparison.

@Samirasaid

Tomix's hair is naturally red, though, and reverted to its red color when he fell into the core.

@Shadow X Ascendant

No, like Tomix, Danyel is more than dead. They can't become Elemental Spirits, because their souls were destroyed. Tomix because he fell into the Void Core, and Danyel because he sacrificed it as the catalyst for a forbidden magick meant to purge Roirr of all the souls he'd consumed.
DF  Post #: 86
1/13/2018 23:31:35   
rater202

quote:

Now no connection with the ultimate orb we never touched it and 5 orbs where in our possession so no that is not true. Also our dragon has that also.
Read the Lore Thread, we got the other three orbs and the Ultimate Orb by touching a peice of theUltimate Orb. You know, theDrop for finishing of SMUDD? We have a connection to four more orbs than our Dragon Does.
quote:

Not really as Vilmor is bonded with an great dragon. Sure its only ice but you know still great dragon equal with our dragon in power.
There are 9(Or ten, I think Stone and Nature might be separate) at any one point in time and there have been two Great Dragons of Ice in our life-time. There are only two dragons period that can use all Nine Elements and only one World Destroyer.(Also, our Dragon couldn't use Bacon until we used the Bacon Orb, so Fluffy probably couldn't use all 9 Elements)
quote:

Unknown if the classes thing is true actually in that its unique to the hero I say not because there was an dude with an tog that had all the classes combined.
That guy was trying and failing to copy us, and the Lore thread says yes the class thing is legit.

Also, considering the heavy implications that we'll be eating the Memory Fragments to get Fleshweaver skills(and the memory fragments are basically Riorr's memories) then we'll probably beas good as he was.

< Message edited by rater202 -- 1/13/2018 23:42:09 >
AQ DF  Post #: 87
1/14/2018 3:40:40   
dragon_monster

quote:

Read the Lore Thread, we got the other three orbs and the Ultimate Orb by touching a peice of theUltimate Orb. You know, theDrop for finishing of SMUDD? We have a connection to four more orbs than our Dragon Does.

But does that not mean Theon, Caitff have/had that also? Also Drakath is kinda still alive so there is him. I guess bacon is great but this is the thing it can be replicated Caitiff mostly replicated it for example and there many shards.Not all people can draw power but some can.
About fleashweaving look you saw how can enter the bodies of other beings and take over well I doubt the hero could be able to do that.I am sure of it because that will make us so OP and invincible unless we fight an soulweaver I guess.
spoiler:

We could take over Belle if she was no soulweaver you know better body with unlimited mana.

About our dragon and us its more like he is unique then the hero. We are just lucky to be bonded with such an unique being.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 88
1/14/2018 4:00:42   
rater202

quote:

But does that not mean Theon, Caitff have/had that also? Also Drakath is kinda still alive so there is him. I guess bacon is great but this is the thing it can be replicated Caitiff mostly replicated it for example and there many shards.Not all people can draw power but some can.
Thehero can do so specifically because we're bonded to the World Destroyer and because we have no affinity to any specific element. Caitiff is a being of evil and darkness and theano isn'ta dragon Lord. Theano can merely empower a weapon with the shard(and he's cpying us, we did it first) and Caitiff didn't so much make herself stronger as use the shards she found to manipulate the elements(See her throwing copies of the Orbs at people)
quote:

About fleashweaving look you saw how can enter the bodies of other beings and take over well I doubt the hero could be able to do that.I am sure of it because that will make us so OP and invincible unless we fight an soulweaver I guess.
It has been confirmed that that is not actually fleshweaving. The only fleshweaving he did was making a disguise out of someone's skin and rewiring someone else's brain. Everything else he did was forbidden magic.
quote:

About our dragon and us its more like he is unique then the hero. We are just lucky to be bonded with such an unique being.
Being bonded to such a unique dragon in turn makes us unique. We're the hero of the Prophecy who brought back the sun and saved the world at least three times. Nobody else can claim any of those things.
AQ DF  Post #: 89
1/14/2018 4:08:30   
dragon_monster

Really that is all because pretty sure people wanted fleashweaving in large part because you could take the bodies of others remember how people talked bout taking over that and that and that with fleashweaving or eating that and that. Now the class is not that amazing actually why would anyone want it?

Imagine doing that to an powerful being. Also something to consider here Belle would have been perfect for Roirr to take over so perfect for his plans lucky he did not knew about this.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 90
1/14/2018 4:30:09   
rater202

quote:

Really that is all because pretty sure people wanted fleashweaving in large part because you could take the bodies of others remember how people talked bout taking over that and that and that with fleashweaving or eating that and that. Now the class is not that amazing actually why would anyone want it?
From what we've been told, Fleshweaver is going to have two sets of skills--one actual Fleshweaving and one stuff absorbed from Seven ElementalSpirits we'd eat, (So basically, half a class each) with you being able to take either or both and be functional regardless. The Spirit skills gained from questing.

Also, it'll be the only actual class that influences the storyline, and while Tomix has said that, under the circumstances, absorbing Aegis won't be Murder, it's still the closest thing to outright evil that players can do and would introduce an option to be more morally Grey.

It also looks cool, from the preview art we've seen.(And a lot of people seem to like ClassReskins which are, for the most part, purely aesthetic so)

Thus, Fleshweaver has interesting things about it that are not dependant on it as well as setting precedent for more story affecting classes, morally grey options, or quest based training.

Also, since we're trading two classes, a high-level party member, the ability to use an artifact and possible some side-quests, the Class itself would probably be high tier or have a high tier item set associated with it for the sake of balance but that's more speculation on my part.
AQ DF  Post #: 91
1/14/2018 4:36:47   
dragon_monster

Does not matter imagine the potential of taking over an body with an larger potential like Belle and we can not do that.
spoiler:

Infinite mana well that is amazing if Secundus did not want to assure his own survival Belle would have been Roirr. I mean you can't even stop that thing from happening look at Vaal which some people htink he is among the strongest beings on Lore and he could not block Roirr of course he could not be totally consumed either but who cares his body was used by Roirr. Ah the potential.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 92
1/14/2018 10:25:37   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Jumping bodies was Roirr's ability, not a fleshweaver's ability.
DF  Post #: 93
1/14/2018 11:03:14   
Shadow X Ascendant

But think 50 times before getting Fleshweaver , you will receive a large amount of power, but will Lose Aegis. If you lose he, you lose Soulweaver and Máster Soulweaver as well, that means also that Baltael Aventail will havê no use, except for its stats.
Also, in Just Chilling Quest , Aegis says that he got that body from someone that told "Flesh is my thing" só Fleshweaver can create bodys for elemental spirits too. I think.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 1/14/2018 11:06:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
1/14/2018 11:15:47   
dragon_monster

quote:

Jumping bodies was Roirr's ability, not a fleshweaver's ability.

I know its terrible and its fits with fleashweaver name. Like you weave into the flesh of someone else. Everything cool its just Roirr's ability so no time travel no jumping bodies and no long distance travel in seconds.
spoiler:

Its like Belle sure she in an soulweaver but when she can create living beings like an Gorilodragonsquidhamster its only her ability.This weaving thing seems to be not that rewarding for not unique people.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 95
1/14/2018 14:59:13   
rater202

@Dragon-monster

1: The class isn't out yet. It will probably have it's own cool stuff.

2: Again, ust because other people have unique gifts, that doesn't mean that they're more special that we are because there are also things unique about us.
AQ DF  Post #: 96
1/14/2018 21:15:23   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Tomix -
quote:

Oh, the book was added a while ago, but no one really picked it up for a discussion, with makes Verly a sad cat!

Well I mean, I read it as soon as it came out and it's very interesting, but it's so filled with elements we know nothing about that it's hard to draw any useful conclusions from it. So the Infernals and Celestials partnered up, in a war seemingly against the Elemental Lords? That doesn't really tell us much of anything. The idea that Mana is made up of threads was a very interesting point, but not sure what practical use it had before
spoiler:

this quest revealed one very unique person who could make use of that.

Although actually, now that I think about it, could Ehr'Ishin be part of the civilization that produced the Manaphages? And perhaps the firing of this Exalted superweapon could be the event that damaged Lore and the reason (or part of it) that the Lords cannot come to Lore as Ash mentioned in the lore thread? Mabe it even caused the Fissure. Or does Elemental Plains refer to what we know as the Elemental Planes (or a place therein)? That's what I had assumed when I first read it, honestly.

So anyway, this quest. Wow, lots of interesting stuff.
spoiler:

We speculated that maybe Vitael was a Spirit of Mana and was thus influencing Belle, but wow, Belle is the one corrupting Vitael? That's a twist I definitely did not see coming, haha.
Can't wait to see what develops in regards to Belle!

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 1/14/2018 21:24:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
1/14/2018 21:25:24   
Greyor_42

^Sakurai the Cursed

Yeah, remember that "What is magic?" thread from a while back? Seems this quest gave a somewhat definitive answer to that.

spoiler:

Based on this revelation, to my understanding, magic is weaving threads of energy to create a desired effect, and what can be done with said threads is determined by a built in limit to how much you can access at any given time. This sounds incredibly similar to SoulWeabing to me. Which makes me wonder, Does that mean that mana is effectively Lore's soul? Would that mean that any source of magic is really an infinitely large soul made of countless regenerating threads that can be used at any given moment?
DF  Post #: 98
1/14/2018 21:41:26   
Sakurai the Cursed

spoiler:

Well, the Mana Core is the heart of Lore, so I don't think that's far off the mark. Warlic called Mana the "Soul Threads" of Lore after all. But, like I alluded to, Warlic seemed incredibly surprised by someone with such a link to Mana, saying he had never seen it before. And it's that plus Belle's skills as a Soulweaver tha may allow her to manipulate Mana Threads. So I think it's very unlikely that that's how magic works in general. However, I think this quest and that book (The Last Stand of Ehr'Ishin) certainly imply that Infernals and maybe Celestials do such a thing. At the very least, the author of the book could do it, and he called the weapon a design of Infernals, and Warlic hints at experience with its consequences.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
1/14/2018 22:51:36   
Flabagast

spoiler:

Could it be that Belle has similar abilities to the author of the book? That they can both weave mana in ways that no other can? It would explain why the author was supposedly summoned to Ehr'Ishin to activate the weapon of the Exalted.

And concerning how Ehr'Ishin may be related to the Fissure; the book described the tower that held the weapon as having an abundance of mana flowing through it. What if the tower was built upon the Mana Core itself? What if the Fissure was created by the Exalted to end their war against the Elementals, and was the only thing remaining after the weapon destroyed everything else?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 12th Design Notes: A New Student!
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition