Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= January 12th Design Notes: A New Student!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 12th Design Notes: A New Student!
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2018 20:09:46   
Greyor_42

quote:

what I do not get its an straw it has no blockage no matter the volume you get constant mana without stop should people not die eventually because of they get to much mana?

I'll try to reword the straw analogy to make more sense for you. Say the mana core is a glass of water that infinitely refills itself all the way to the brim automatically. When a person draws mana, they drink from that glass though a straw to limit how much they take in all at once. Once the person's stomach(in this case, their mana reserves) is full, they stop drinking. Drink too much too fast, you drown yourself in mana and die.

However, Belle doesn't have/need that straw. She's drinking the whole glass all at once. Without problem. Hence, her "mana stomach" is seemingly limitless, or at least, has the exact same capacity limit as the mana core itself(assuming the mana core even has a capacity limit.
DF  Post #: 126
1/20/2018 20:17:41   
dragon_monster

Why the need for an straw can't they stop when their full when drinking from an glass? Still do not get the straw thing.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 1/20/2018 20:20:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 127
1/20/2018 20:27:38   
LurkBlackSmith

Vaacum

So since we gave Belle to Warlic....next quest gets the Professor's weapon that been stretched and duplicated for rogue users or its a scythe?
DF  Post #: 128
1/20/2018 21:03:03   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

It's an analogy. Mana core= instantaneously infinitely refilling glass of water. Straw=filter that prevents you from drinking too much at once. As in, per mouthful. The straw is there to control the intake. No straw, no control. Just like with a real glass, where if you drink without the straw, all of the water wants to go towards you all at once. The straw is there to prevent that by letting you control how much comes towards you. You kinda have to suspend your disbelief with this analogy and also assume that this water really, really wants you to drink it, and if you don't use the straw, it will all pour out onto your face all at once as if you flipped the glass 180 degrees. Only in this case, pouring out onto your face is really suffering a mana overload and dying in some horrible fashion.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 1/20/2018 21:07:37 >
DF  Post #: 129
1/20/2018 21:14:45   
dragon_monster

Okay still confused but I still do not get one thing even if it prevent you from drinking to much at once its needed because to much will kill you you can try I assume to just take out as much as you can trough that straw but at one point it will kill you right?

So won't the major difference be not the lack of an straw between Belle and an average joe mage but the fact that she will not die no matter how much mana she takes?

If all mages could just take mana as much as they want trough the straw but slower in time they could get great abilities also right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
1/20/2018 21:33:31   
Greyor_42

^

quote:

I assume to just take out as much as you can trough that straw but at one point it will kill you right?

No, you will naturally stop before that point. Like I said, once the stomach is full, the person automatically stops drinking. As long as they have that straw to control the intake. Without the straw, they don't have time to stop drinking because suddenly they have the entire infinite contents of the glass inside them and they die. Like I said, the analogy isn't perfect, and one has to make some assumptions that don't apply to the real world for it to truly make sense, but it's the closest we'll ever get to grasping the concept of dragonfable mana system in real world terms. At least, until we get more info.

quote:

If all mages could just take mana as much as they want trough the straw but slower in time they could get great abilities also right?

Well, maybe? The way I understand it, there are two things that limit how much mana a person can have. Their capacity for it, which limits the maximum amount they can possibly contain withing themself, and the straw, which regulates the rate at which they can intake it to a safe, non-lethal level. If you're born with a straw, it means there's an upwards limit of how much mana you can contain, and it doesn't matter how slowly you intake mana, once you reach that cap, you just stop taking it in, or die if you force it. Belle, having been born without the straw, seems to also have no maximum capacity because of that. Otherwise she'd probably be dead due to mana overflow. We definitely need more info to make any real concrete statements about it, I think.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 1/20/2018 21:34:06 >
DF  Post #: 131
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= January 12th Design Notes: A New Student!
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition