Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Design Notes January 12, 2018: This Weekend: 7 Deadly Dragons Finale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes January 12, 2018: This Weekend: 7 Deadly Dragons Finale
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2018 0:52:33   
darkhl7

why the Reversed Dragonslayers Demise not ac tag when wiki show they are ??
Post #: 26
1/13/2018 0:59:56   
Harrison

it's supposed to be AC tagged, it's just not showing up on live servers for some reason. updated page to clarify confusion
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/13/2018 1:18:38   
iDreadnaut

Underwhelming finale.
Disappointing reward in the heptagonal chest for me (as predicted). Disappointing reward system for the heptagonal chest (not predicted).
Puzzle without tips(?) to the right combination, and getting the wrong combination teleports you a few rooms back (Seriously, why? It's bad enough that there isn't a teleport button with Galanoth to send us straight to the boss, and I'm not even referring only to this Deadly Dragon). At least there's an option to auto-complete the puzzle, but there's no warning/indicator that it auto-solves the puzzle (at least, not that I've noticed), which is VERY annoying because I actually wanted to do it on my own. Plus, you can't do it again. Thanks, AE.

Long story short: Disappointed, but not surprised.

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 1/13/2018 1:19:21 >
AQW  Post #: 28
1/13/2018 1:20:59   
flyingmongoose

I know AQ3D is the favorite child of Artix's now ("allegedly") but this is ridiculous.
Its time to stage an intervention for all these bad plot lines and in the words of Sir Francis of the Filth, "Its time to stop!"

We need CC and Sheathed versions of Demise and Dread

Did a certain unnamed void helper craft the Heptagonal Chest quest because its a You may also receive at random for 9 items

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 1/13/2018 2:44:30 >
AQW  Post #: 29
1/13/2018 1:37:45   
Keeper of the Owls

Killing Gorgorath just didn't feel right. Aside from her sending an undead army to raid a pirate ship, she really hasn't done much that could be considered evil enough to kill her over.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/13/2018 3:10:41   
iDreadnaut

quote:

We need CC and Sheathed versions of Demise and Dread

I was expecting a CC for the whole set...
Some sets in this saga did get a rare CC version in the game menu, so it would be nice to get one for Dragonslayer Slayer too (at least for the red parts). Guess I won't be cosplaying Vanitas Lingering Spirit any time soon.
AQW  Post #: 31
1/13/2018 3:29:01   
Tyroniter

quote:

it's supposed to be AC tagged, it's just not showing up on live servers for some reason. updated page to clarify confusion

Does that mean the rest of the Dragonslayer Slayer set is supposed to be AC tagged too?
AQW  Post #: 32
1/13/2018 4:00:59   
Darches

Great art this week, but poor release and horrible reward. Literally copy-pasted boss, no cutscenes, and unbelievable story. It was clearly rushed; I guess AE is busy with their future plans...
I wasn't expecting more than 1 item from the chest, but I especially wasn't expecting the chest to be a repeatable grind-a-thon quest. THAT'S NOT HOW CHESTS WORK. I was expecting a non-legend DragonBlade.

< Message edited by Darches -- 1/13/2018 4:01:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
1/13/2018 4:03:14   
Harrison

yes, the whole dragonslayer slayer set is intended to be ac tagged. goof ups happened
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/13/2018 4:23:17   
neora5

Darches:
quote:

no cutscenes

It's a known bug. If you wish to see them, go back and talk to Artix or Galanoth. ;)

Long Unlive the ShadowScythe
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/13/2018 4:45:01   
Iron Volvametal

If AE's riding a fad(ex. Ugandan Knuckles), why are there no Fidget Spinner daggers/Pets?

...Unless there are that I missed. In either case, why.

I haven't done the 7DD Saga, but reading this end prize is really discouraging. More RNG? Come on AE, you're better than that.

At least the armor & boss drops are cool...but why doesn't the armor at least have a bonus vs Dragons on it?

So many questions.
AQW  Post #: 36
1/13/2018 6:12:39   
Ziorac

So the Heptagonal chest is a real Schrodinger piece of work I see. 'Is your item in here? Open and find out!' That's not how real chests work.... And certainly not chests that are storied items, supposed to be given to a hero for a grand adventure changing reward, only given after defeating 7 deadly dragons.
Imagine King Arthur pulling out the sword and then being told 'now tap it to see if it's the real deal, otherwise you're gonna have to do it again. And again... Until you get it right.'

I get that the main items from the chest are in there, but why include a set in such a quest at all? Make the pet egg be a shop where you can buy the remaining set items if you want. Or make it a BoL shop. And the 'may receive' is always such a kick in the face and should never be used on a 7x1% drop rate quest... (I don't remember who, but someone joked it'd be like that. I blame that person for giving them the idea...)

Well. I hope the story related to the egg will make it more worth it. Cause I'm not fond of the armour personally. :x

Edit: It was ShatteredReality. I blame YOU! YOOOOUUUU! D:

< Message edited by Ziorac -- 1/13/2018 6:14:32 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
1/13/2018 8:11:14   
XeNON_54

So the Heptagonal Chest rewards don't even have boosts on them?
LAME!!!!

This is such a huge ripoff!!! I was expecting something awesome that would warrant the wait and the pain of farming 7 1% drops but this is just... URGH.
Post #: 38
1/13/2018 8:17:53   
LouisCyphere

The Heptagonal Chest is really disappointing. It's 2018 and AQW is still stuck in 2015.
What ever happened to having progress when farming for items? Like VHL which is a perfect combination of progress and RNG.

But no, the Elemental Dragonslayer set has to come from very low drop rate items AND the quest doesn't guarantee that you get an item (aside from the armor and the egg which might even turn to a bigger disappointment).
If only there were bonuses attached to the set, then maybe people will be actually be motivated to get them aside from "it looks cool" or "AC tags".
Because otherwise, this is not a step forward. Are we going back to being a dress-up game again?

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 1/13/2018 8:20:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/13/2018 8:35:31   
HORRIOR

Its not even that cool of an armor set. Its basically a reprint of the DragonKing Warrior set, AND STILL NO BUFFS AGAINST DRAGONS!

I was SO LOOKING FORWARD to the chest containing at least SOMETHING awesome, like a special house item, a new buffed weapon, or at least something interesting!

At least we got the egg, but I have a strong feeling it will hatch into another disappointment. Most likely another overly detailed dragon pet, with a lame design.

< Message edited by HORRIOR -- 1/13/2018 8:58:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
1/13/2018 8:42:23   
iDreadnaut

quote:

I was expecting something awesome that would warrant the wait and the pain of farming 7 1% drops but this is just...

Not all keys are 1% drops.
AQW  Post #: 41
1/13/2018 8:44:15   
Metakirby

@iDreadnaut
I know that Envy is like 50% ish, but other than that, they are all basically 1-3% drops, at most.
AQW  Post #: 42
1/13/2018 8:50:26   
LouisCyphere

That's why I almost get Key of Envy very fast compared to the other keys.

If only the other keys have higher drop rates, then I won't mind the quest having actually random drops.
But we can't have that won't we.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/13/2018 10:07:46   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

Did a certain unnamed void helper craft the Heptagonal Chest quest because its a You may also receive at random for 9 items

I am offend

but no. Im innocent this time, I promise
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/13/2018 10:20:22   
LouisCyphere

I think Asuka knows our pitchforks and torches.
But for real though, you guys need to tone the quest down or at least increase the value of the set.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/13/2018 10:37:15   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Not any promise at all but I can see if I can talk to people about it
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/13/2018 10:53:31   
Beshin Adin

Is it over? Not one more release for some more closure?
AQ AQW  Post #: 47
1/13/2018 11:56:05   
The Jop

Is anyone else wondering why Gorgorath kept the jewel that makes him immortal in a random barrel?

And about the keys...not a good idea to make it a "you may receive at random" quest. Most keys had a 1% drop rate which could take several hours each. I wasted a lot of time on stuff like the awe items and even I agree this was a bad way to handle it. This set is definitely not valuable enough to require such a ridiculous amount of time.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/13/2018 12:28:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/13/2018 12:00:20   
sudz16

Really is mind boggling how you can go in with such low expectations and still be disappointed when it comes to keys/chest reward.

If the staff wants to keep the quest the way it is then they could at least bump up the drop rate on the keys to 50% or higher but that really does nothing to compensate for everyone that wasted hours upon hours farming for them the first time.

Seriously is there any kind of checks and balances when it comes to producing content like this?

Until we get any word on if any changes are going to come I'll just keep my keys banked.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
1/13/2018 12:20:25   
darkhl7

really suk i only got 1 item from my second turn in after all the trouble from farming the keys
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Design Notes January 12, 2018: This Weekend: 7 Deadly Dragons Finale
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition