Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Urban Legends of Battleon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Urban Legends of Battleon
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2018 11:04:35   
brotherinlaw

I've recently watched the series Myths and Monsters on Netflix, and one particular point caught my interest. Spring-heeled Jack, a popular urban legend during the English industrial revolution, was a creature of black smoke who breathed fire like a furnace and used long, metal claws to attack women then flee by jumping over buildings.

Jack was a manifestation of the culture that spawned him, and represented te fears and anxieties that they possessed. In Industrial England, a majority of the population were moving into cities, working incredibly long hours in a smoke and fire filled environment that was overpacked with strangers you couldn't trust. However, this is the case of all urban legends.

Fear of the wild created legends ranging from the Celtic Fae to the French Loupe Garou. Post-revolutionary America saw the return of a dead Hessian soldier combine with the old Irish fae dullahan to become the Headless Horseman, and Catholic fears led to the invention of the Black Woodsman. Discovery of the serial murder led to old classics like the hook handed killer and the campfire killer, and perhaps even Jack the Ripper (it's been theorized that Jack was actually a series of unrelated killings that led to a scare, then later killers immitated them and capitalized on the fear). Even today, modern myths exist from Alligators in New York's sewers, spiders that can lay eggs in your face, and even Slenderman.

Now, you all might be wondering what this has to do with AQ3d? Well, I have two questions for you. The first: What kind of urban legends do you think can spawn in the growing town of Battleon. This town is bordered by one town that was destroyed by undead, the mystical and mysterious Greenguard forest, and a Guardian Tower. This town has been invaded by frost raiders, dragons, and Shrade. This town houses Yulgar's inn, A moglin necromancer, and, well...Cysero. This town MUST have urban legends by now, so what scary stories could possibly spawn from the minds of citizens surrounded by such magic, technology, and fear. Spiders that live in underground caverns and come up at night to nip at the toes of naughty children? A man in a dark cloak outside of town, offering you power in exchange for your soul? A trolluk conspiracy led by Peaches to take over Battleon?

The second: In a world of Magic, where nightmares have a power all their own, what could the consequences of letting such fears go unchecked. Are we just looking at panicked mobs and mass hysteria, or could these urban legends become a real part of urban life?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/23/2018 16:14:12   
brestiel

if you go to the graveyard close to zorbak, there is a icon of a future zone of undead below of Battleon
DF AQW  Post #: 2
1/24/2018 23:46:47   
daichi

Apparently, and mind you this is just a rumor I heard, Darkovia allegedly has a lot of urban legends about so called "werewolves" and "vampires". All completely baseless I'm sure. Probably just some kids playing pranks or something
DF AQW  Post #: 3
2/2/2018 5:27:23   
Flabagast

If I were any ol' citizen of Battleon, I would be thoroughly freaked out by seeing adventurers going down into Yulgar's basement, many of which would never return. Their would be the occasional lucky Hero to emerge from beneath the wooden floor though.... with a strange green googly-eyed slime on their head that wasn't there before they went under....
o_o
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Urban Legends of Battleon
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition