Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1212345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/10/2018 22:29:43   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

Come here to discuss anything and everything which can be farmed for! Gold, experience, reputation, Legion Tokens, Nulgath reagents, Blinding Light of Destiny, monster drops and so much more! If you can farm for it, you can talk about it!

Thread Rules

• The =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and =AQW= General Discussion Forum Rules apply.
  • Any discussion of cheating/botting will result in an automatic official warning.
  • Civility is key; someone may suggest a method that has a large flaw, for example. You can point this out, explain why it's a flaw. Do NOT tear it down for being a "dumb, terrible way".
  • If asking for advice, state your character level, membership status, classes and so on, or provide a link to the character page of the character you are seeking advice for, so that the methods provided may accommodate your situation.
  • The guides, listed below, are helpful resources to check for farming. That being said, these guides are NOT the final say or be-all, end-all methods to use. That's part of the reason for this thread; to discuss ways that may differ from those in the guides to help improve the guides.

Useful Resources

• A Guide to AQWorlds Farming
  • Reputation Farming Guide
  • Comprehensive Legendary Items Guide
  • The Undead Legion Handbook
  • Tercessuinotlim and the Nulgath Nation
  • Let's Party! Thread

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 9/10/2018 22:29:43 >
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 1
    1/24/2018 17:57:20   
    darkprince4711

hello im after a specific weapon, akriloth's oblivion blade, its said to be dropped by sepulchuroth with a 1% drop rate and its also said that there are shops which sell it but ive been to the shops and the blade is not there, i just need some advice on how to obtain it im at a loss and any info will help
    Post #: 2
    1/24/2018 18:14:03   
    ShatteredReality
    Helpful!

^ Akriloth's Oblivion Blade, both versions, are rare and no longer drop from Sepulchuroth and cannot be found in any shop. So, you can no longer get it.
    AQW  Post #: 3
    1/24/2018 18:18:54   
    omega overlord

I have heard of a map where you can obtain Chuunin, is this true? and if so what are; the requirement, and what is the recommended way of farming it?
    AQW  Post #: 4
    1/24/2018 18:19:01   
    darkprince4711

aw man i wish i knew this sooner ive been trying to farm it for 4 days now :( but thank you
    Post #: 5
    1/24/2018 18:40:58   
      Shadowhunt

@omega: Chunin went rare something like 4, 5 years ago? So no, it's not true. The class is no longer obtainable. The only birthday class that's still available and was never slated to go rare in the first place is ArchPaladin.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 6
    1/24/2018 21:07:27   
    flyingmongoose

Yeah its been 4 and a half years now since its been rare.

@DarkPrince4711: We have a wonderful wiki for all your item information needs
    AQW  Post #: 7
    1/24/2018 22:46:24   
    goldslayer1

@Xenon_54
    From previous thread
    quote:

Wait... isn't the Blade slightly better though in terms of inventory space since you need to kill Makais for the Drone?
    If you need to kill Makais you need Bone Dust which would just be sitting in your inventory wasting space that could've been used by other reagents.

Also since Blade has a guaranteed Tainted Gem drop, if you get 50 or more of them, you could just turn them into Dark Crystal Shards in dreadrock if you really need the DCSs.

Drone is really only faster if you know someone with the NNH for the tercess shortcut.

If you're gonna farm Nulgath items, get used to needing lots of inventory spaces.
    Personally, I keep all the items needed in order to travel around /Tercessuinotlim without having to constantly farm things.

Having to go through Makais is actually good in the long run, because they drop Essences, which can then be turned into Gems or Totems through the Drudgen pet.

As for the guaranteed Tainted Gem drop, IMO guaranteed DCS is better. DCS is one of the harder reagents to farm if you dont have a pet (rare or non-rare).
    Where as Tainted Gems are easy to farm through Cube Reagent or Bone Dust Reagent quests.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    1/25/2018 8:10:56   
    XeNON_54

@Metakirby
    quote:

With Drone you get:
    100 TGs
    35 DCS
    With Blade you get:
    40 TGs
    100 DCS

I think you got the Drone and the Blade switched.
    The Drone is the one that gives the guaranteed DCS while the Blade gives the guaranteed Tainted Gems.

@goldslayer
    You're right but that's not the point of what I was talking about though.
    What I'm talking about is from a newcomers perspective that is only just starting the grind for Nulgath farming.
    I'm actually quite used to Nulgath farming already since I have AFDL, Juggernaut items and the Void Paladin set.
    Newcomers only have like 30 inventory spaces to use so unless they spend ACs they're gonna struggle with the farm.
    Post #: 9
    1/25/2018 8:28:15   
    goldslayer1

@Xenon
    The answer is still Drone IMO, because otherwise they'll struggle with DCS.
    Also, you dont need to do just /Tercessuinotlim for Dark Makais anymore, you can go to /EvilMarsh map.
    Its a non-mem map, and doesn't have any requirements.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/25/2018 8:29:53 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    1/25/2018 9:18:34   
    XeNON_54

That's not gonna last though since next month that map is gonna get removed.
    It's not supposed to last and is only meant to be used as a PTR stress test.
    Post #: 11
    1/25/2018 12:19:46   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

I think you got the Drone and the Blade switched.

Apparently I did, but hey, everyone makes mistakes.

quote:

Newcomers only have like 30 inventory spaces to use so unless they spend ACs they're gonna struggle with the farm.

1. A "newcomer" who doesn't buy ACs will likely not have 2k ACs within the next 2-3 years anyways, especially if they remove the 500 ACs from Honorable Hero, so they wont have the choice. I have an alt with 2 Honorable Hero badges and that account has under 3k ACs on record. Unless someone was saving up specifically for this event over the year or 2, I don't see anyone who would sit in this situation.
    2. If someone is farming for Nulgath items with only 30 spaces, especially the more inventory heavy ones, then they have likely already already accepted to sacrifice their inventory, so having the traversal items will just be part of the routine anyways. In the case of the bigger items, the minimum requirements to go to the respective NPC and turn in quests will require 15+ spaces easily (AFDL is ~17, VHL is ~21, NNH is 20), now using the Drone pet and be able to accept all useful rewards (-Fiend Tokens) it will require 15 if you include the need to have Dust, Chain, Hair, Defeated Makai and Essences. Even Juggernauts take up 13 space to turn in.
    AQW  Post #: 12
    1/25/2018 13:01:50   
    Icetex

So...
    while farming for weapon kits
    Wolfclaw hammer vs Great Ornate Warhammer in terms of drop rate
    i think there drop rate is somewhat similar each other
    ====
    Anywho i been having no luck getting bright aura to drop from UWK
    so i have to either get the bright aura x3 from the quest or get x100 LO from UWK
    which x2 bright aura is required for Mace
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
    1/26/2018 3:54:12   
    goldslayer1

@Xenon
    Hmm
    Has that been confirmed that the map will be removed as well?
    Would be cool if they left it.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    1/26/2018 8:11:07   
    XeNON_54

It says so in the Nulgath's B-Day DNs.
    The map is only supposed to last until the end of this month but considering AE's tendency to forget thing it may last longer but it definitely will not last.

Here's the exact quote.
    quote:

* This map will only be available until January 31st, to help you farm for the weapon.

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 1/26/2018 8:13:22 >
    Post #: 15
    1/26/2018 14:06:49   
    123456aq

Has there been any news on the bounty hunter blade getting any sort of change or is it staying as it is? If it is staying as intended what's the best way to do it considering its slower then drone atm I'm not a super knowledgeable farmer so if anyone knows I'd be willing to try it out the drone is just alot of competition as it stands. I apologize if I broke a rule by this post but I need to know how to make use of the AC's I already blew and can't get back
    Post #: 16
    1/27/2018 20:39:32   
    AWildNoobAppeared

hey guys, a returning noob player here, whats the best ways to level from 65 to 85?

< Message edited by AWildNoobAppeared -- 1/27/2018 21:32:20 >
    AQW  Post #: 17
    1/28/2018 0:22:58   
    darkknight skull

I would recommend /join battlegrounde when you are level 65-75, accept the “Level 46-60” and “Level 61-75” quest and farm the monsters in the first room.

Once you are level 75+, you could move on to /join battlegroundf and farm the monsters and “level 75-90” quest there. It is one of the few place for level 75+ players to effectively farm class points, too. The monsters in /join battlegroundf have quite a fairly large amount of HP and hits fairly hard, so if you find yourself alone and that it takes too long to kill them alone, I think it is best to farm the two quests that I said to do in /join battlegrounde and check to see if the /battlegroundf room is filled later.

< Message edited by darkknight skull -- 1/28/2018 0:28:44 >
    Post #: 18
    1/28/2018 15:22:18   
    Rastaban

What is the best method of farming Embersea rep on a new character that has not gone through the story? I seem to recall something about getting rep for finding a blaze binder over and over, but I don't remember the details.

Thanks.
    Post #: 19
    1/28/2018 16:15:34   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

There's a couple very good rep farming quests which locks after you have done certain quests in certain areas.
    The most common ones are "Through the Fog and Flame" and "Where There's Smoke..." from Blazebalm in Feverfew.
    "Through the Fog and Flame" requires you to kill a 1 hp chest 1 screen above the NPC, it gives 300 rep per turn in. The quest item is not 100% however. Still faster than most other methods.
    "Where There's Smoke..." literally just requires you to move into the screen with the Blaze Binder miniboss and you can go back and turn in the quest. It gives slightly less rep, but is more consistent than the previous mentioned quest.
    Be careful to not progress the quests further than "Where There's Smoke..:" as I am not entirely sure when BlazeBalm updates her quests locking out these ones.
    These quests will however require you to get to Feverfew, which is the 3rd area, first being /join Embersea and second being /join Pyrewatch, but unless you are trying to do this horribly under leveled, that shouldn't be a problem.

There's also a couple good ones in Pyrewatch, giving you 450-650 rep for just 10 kills of easy enemies, but the Feverfew ones are still faster IMO.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/28/2018 16:16:48 >
    AQW  Post #: 20
    1/28/2018 19:05:15   
      Shadowhunt

@AWildNoob: There are a few ways to do it, and which one is "best" IMO depends on what kind of effort level you want to put in. There are a few methods that work with quests, for example, but those tend to require you to pay more attention. They may be faster than other methods, at the cost of requiring attention. Because the grind from 65 to 85 is quite a long one, I prefer to take a more laid back approach and use Nightmare or Bloodmoon (Nightmare for Legends, Bloodmoon if you're not) and just mindlessly hit AoE attacks (even better if you've got Vampire Lord or Abyssal Angel) while most of my attention is focused on something like a show/movie or a book. So the question for you to ask yourself is: do you want to be more actively engaged in it and do it faster (quests), or do you want to just sort of passively hit buttons while doing something else? That will help determine what the "best" way to do it is.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 21
    1/29/2018 4:35:17   
    AWildNoobAppeared

thanks for the answers so far guys, i will try out bloodmoon but i definitely dont mind running around for a faster way to level up
    AQW  Post #: 22
    1/30/2018 9:01:24   
    you stop

well i do have some confirmation from asuka that the pets are, and i quote, "... almost comparable actually to the dot."

so i guess the only actual comparison we have to look at is if you want guaranteed diamonds+DCS or diamonds+TG, in which case i would argue that BH drone would be more preferable over BH blade

< Message edited by you stop -- 1/30/2018 9:02:03 >
    AQW  Post #: 23
    1/31/2018 19:16:12   
    goldslayer1

I'm looking to farm NSOD now that the damage bonus has been changed.
    What's the farming rate on Void Auras?
    Trying to calculate how long it would take.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    1/31/2018 20:36:46   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

Don't expect the non mem quest to take less than an hour to complete, unless you are farming with at least 1 other person the whole way and the average Void Aura amount is ~6 per turn in, or ~7-8 if you turn in on Testing Servers (I got 35-40 on average per 5 turn ins when I did it), which is highly recommended for obvious reasons. Assuming you do 5 turn ins (100 of each Essence) per day, which is the standard I usually use when giving estimates on NSoD, and if we say you average 35 per day, that's 7500/35≈214 days, or 7 months.
    All the other requirements can easily be farmed in a day each, assuming you don't spend days getting something like Doomhearts or Necro Scrolls due to bad RNG. Cavern Celestite is definitely the longest consistent grind besides Void Auras, but luckily you can get those while farming with CVKS.

I would also recommend checking out this guide from T3788 for when you need to merge all the items. All the item totals on the list corresponds to their stack limit, with the exception of Barium at 500, so you can just stack it all up and merge it all together in 1 sitting. Just keep in mind that the items you get from Braeus' quests do not stack, you don't want to lose resources to such a stupid mistake.

With the mem only quest, you are probably looking at 2-3 months of farming instead, but that's still a 2-3 months membership spent farming NSoD. Given you don't have SDKA, I assume that's out of the question entirely.

The change on NSoD's damage bonus happened in September with the release of the Celestial Arena, in case you were wondering.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/31/2018 20:50:32 >
    AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 1212345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition