Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/24/2018 23:05:52   
Edme MacHeath

It's somewhat frequent.

Nowhere near as good as Astral/Crimson,Ceremonial Sword, Drone. Also quite honestly if you don't have any of those kiss the void is better than the perfect pet.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 7/24/2018 23:06:21 >
AQ  Post #: 226
7/25/2018 12:46:39   
zanathos

@Tyroniter: To answer your question, no you cannot get the normal one without an active membership. The quest not having a Legend tag in the Wiki is a mistake on their part, as the Deathknight Lord class, armors and art are, to my knowledge, meant to be exclusively obtained by Legends or those who have ACs.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 227
7/29/2018 17:31:17   
majesticstar3800

I've finished Void Highlord, finally. Now I'm currently farming BLoD casually.

Should I be looking at the NSoD now? I heard that having SDKA would make getting the NSoD easier because of a specific quest.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 228
7/29/2018 18:06:53   
you stop

Get SDKA first before NSOD. 53 kills vs 200 kills seems really appealing
AQW  Post #: 229
7/29/2018 19:17:09   
majesticstar3800

Ahh. So you think the time I spent farming SDKA will be significantly less than the time it would take to do the Member Void Aura quest and get the same amount of Auras?

Also, is there a guide to the quests? Any sort of tip or in depth look at making it easier to get the sword?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 230
7/29/2018 22:24:05   
you stop

I have only done the member quest a few times in an attempt to farm Void Light of Destiny and I can assure you that the SDKA Quest is much faster. Apart from having a lower kill count, the place is also in the exact same map (assuming you finish Twilly's quest in /shadowrealm, though as a member, you don't really need to). Here's a guide to SDKA. As for how to get NSOD itself, I think you're better off just finishing 7500 Void Auras before anything. There are other things to farm besides VAs but I guess it would make your life more convenient since, after all, it's the longest grind in the creation of the sword. Also, while farming for VAs in /shadowrealm, I found it quite handy to use Scarlet Sorceress or Vampire Lord as the mobs there have about 7-8k HP. VHL also cleans the room pretty quick (and would even provide better overall results) and would save you time in switching classes but I just generally prefer an AoE class for the job.
AQW  Post #: 231
7/30/2018 12:16:21   
dragon wrath

Im thinking of getting necrotic sword of doom. How much inventory will I need and whats the best way to go about it ?
AQW  Post #: 232
7/30/2018 12:54:38   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

During the farming process as an SDKA-less non mem, you will need 11-12 space (10 different essences, Void Auras and optionally picking up Undead Energies while farming on Chaos Vordred, which you need 10k of anyways).
Member: 4, I think. 3 quest items and Void Auras.
With SKDA: 3. 2 quest items and Void Auras.

The merging process, if you have farmed up all requirements to their cap and start merging, you are probably looking at 15-ish spaces, I'm too lazy to do the math on it, but you can just bank items which you don't need to use in quests/merging at that current point, and manage your inventory slots accordingly, so there's no hard limit to how many spaces you need, you just need enough to be able to turn in a quest and/or merge whatever necessary. The more spaces available, the less you will have to go in and out of your bank of course.

I would just recommend getting Void Auras out of the way first while doing "Mine Crafting" on a daily basis, until you have at least 4 Bariums. it's going to be the main thing you will be doing, especially when using the non mem quest for them. Then stack up the rest to their caps/what amount you need and then get to merging everything. This guide by T7388 summarizes all you need to get, where to get them and in what order to merge/do quests.

An imortant thing to remember is that the Unenhanced Hilt, Unenhanced Blade and Unenhanced Aura from Breus' quests DO NOT stack, so make sure you don't turn those quests in more than once at a time.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/30/2018 13:01:38 >
AQW  Post #: 233
7/30/2018 13:52:19   
majesticstar3800

Thanks @You stop and @metakirby.

I started farming for DSOs for SDKA then. Thanks!

On another note, I looked at the BLoD guide and it says I need 3 different Metals to farm for 3 different weapons. Why? Could I just get 1 of the weapon kits, such as the Mace, and still complete BLoD? Or is it a matter of efficiency/speed?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 234
7/30/2018 14:08:40   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

It's a speed and efficiency thing. Technically, you don't need to get any of the Destiny weapons to actually get BLoD, but if you don't do that you're looking at a huge amount of unnecessary work. If you do get the Mace, Bow, and Blade then you're looking at getting BLoD within a day pretty easily. Without them... I don't even know. Weeks, perhaps?

The reason you get those three weapons is because the Finding Fragments quests from them reward the types of Orbs that you need a lot of for the final BLoD requirements, and a few of them allow you to get really high level Orbs without having to go through the process of having to merge for them. Getting unlucky with the metals can be a pain but you should just do the quest every day while you farm for the Spirit Orbs in the first place. Hopefully you'd be able to get all three metals by the end of the 10.5k initial farm.
AQ AQW  Post #: 235
7/30/2018 14:29:24   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Technically, you don't need to get any of the Destiny weapons to actually get BLoD, but if you don't do that you're looking at a huge amount of unnecessary work.

You do actually need to get at least 1 Blinding Weapon of Destiny, because the Finding Fragment quests is the only way to get the Blinding Aura. Even if we just ignored that fact, farming up the necessary amount of Orbs and Auras to actually finish BLoD without getting at least one of the weapons is an incredibly tedious and RNG heavy task, comparable to AFDL, I would say, which is easily avoidable with what the game gives you to work with, so there's basically no reason not to, unless you somehow manage to ONLY get Platinums for months.

As far as the actual metals needed, the Mace, Blade, Bow combo that Shadowhunt mentioned is just the preferred 3 weapons to get, because it ends up with you doing the least amount of turn ins of the "Finding Fragment" quests, although the Blinding Aura has the final say in that matter. There's a couple compromises that you can do if you don't have the right metals at the time though, such as substituting the Bow for the Broadsword or Scythe, if you don't get Silver, or If you don't get Barium for the Blade, you can use the Scythe (Iron) and Broadsword (Gold) instead, it should amount to a little bit more work at the end, but pretty close to the optimal method.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/30/2018 14:30:31 >
AQW  Post #: 236
7/30/2018 15:07:08   
majesticstar3800

Oh okay, got it. Thanks!

yeah I've been doing Mine crafting for a while and getting Iron too frequently. Just unlucky, and I am also glad I kept Barium (for NSoD purposes too)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 237
8/14/2018 13:51:23   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

Undead Paladin Token drop rate has been increased. If you're still after it, you should have an easier time of it now.
AQ AQW  Post #: 238
8/14/2018 14:42:53   
majesticstar3800

Oh that's good. I've been trying to get the Shadowreaper of Doom. Thanks!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 239
9/19/2018 3:27:34   
ProtoZenon

'Sup guys! I'm officially back after *squints eyes* 4 YEARS!

Wow, since I just graduated, I took out some of my old games, replayed 'em before I saw my account here.

Anyway, just wanted to ask if there are some new classes that are worth the farm (ingredients or rep-based). Also equipment that have a bonus (ie. GrimBlight of Destiny). Thanks! :)
AQW  Post #: 240
9/19/2018 6:06:13   
you stop

4 years huh?

Classes:
1. I guess one way to start is to get LightMage/Caster, should you have ACs for it. You need to buy Evolved Lightcaster Armour from the featured gear shop for 1000 ACs, then head to /celestialrealm and get LightMage. Once you have Lightmage, you need to get lvl 80 to start the farm for Lightcaster, which is a class that is heavens better than Lightmage.
2. Vampire Lord is a seasonal class that returns every mogloween, which should be just a month from now.
3. Then there's another class incoming for the 10th anniversary which I don't have any idea what it is or what kind of farming we need to do to obtain it, all I know is it's coming.
4. You could also start the farm for Archpaladin if you don't have that class yet.
5. Also, you might want to rank up your Legion Doomknight to rank 10. That version is a lot better than its classic form.

For Items,
1. BloD got a buff, from +50% dmg to undead to +75%.
2. Necrotic Sword of Doom's +51% human damage got changed to ALL monsters.
3. There's also the Burning Blade of Abezeth in /celestialarena and drops from Aranx, although you need to be level 80 to use it. Gives +30% dmg to all monsters
4. Pieces of the Archfiend Doomlord set all give +15% damage to all monsters, as well as +25% to rep, gold, exp, and class points.
5. Pieces of Set of Awe all give +25% to rep, gold, exp, and class points. Seeing as you already have Blade of Awe, you can get Awethur's Accoutrements in /museum for free. Gives the said boosts, while Blade of Awe itself does not.
6. Speaking of BoA, you can also try to get lvl 70, which would allow you to use Awe Enhancements. You mostly want to use Spiral Carve, HP Vamp, or Mana Vamp depending on need.

< Message edited by you stop -- 9/19/2018 6:10:52 >
AQW  Post #: 241
9/19/2018 6:40:18   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

Whether or not it's worth the farm is debated from time to time, since it does take a solid 100+ hours, but with your current account state, you seem fit enough to try getting Void Highlord. It's not only has some of the highest (only surpassed by a couple select classes) consistent damage output, but can also take the most beatings and still come out alive. It can take on bosses which would normally 1-shot other classes, all alone. You do seem to have the Astral Orb Pet, that will help you a lot. I still give it my seal of approval for something worth farming for, it's THAT good.

quote:

1. BloD got a buff, from +50% dmg to undead to +75%.

And same goes for all BLoD variants using BLoD to merge/quest for, which includes.
ALoD (Ascended Light of Destiny): can be gotten after getting Drakath's Armor.
Dual BLoD: from the Nostalgiaquest dual wield shop.
VLoD (Void Light of Destiny): from a "somewhat" recent new quest from the Oblivion NPC on the first screen of Tercessuinotlim.
All 3 of them are quite easy to obtain after having BLoD.

While it's not necessarily much worth having multiple BLoDs like this, having at least 2 of them, 1 Luck enhanced and 1 Wiz enhanced is nice, so you don't have to re-enhance it every time you want to use the other one on it. Having even more also opens up the possibility of having different Awe Enhancements on them.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 9/19/2018 6:58:33 >
AQW  Post #: 242
9/19/2018 10:39:01   
ProtoZenon

@you stop
1. Sadly, I only have few ACs left. Can't buy any AC items worth four digits . I might skip the LightMage/LightCaster class altogether.
2. The ArchPaladin needs to have a Paladin class which is a Legends-only item. Back then I only bought AC and did not upgrade, so I'm skipping on that too.
3. Yeah, just remembered that the 10th of Oct is AQW's anniv. Might as well farm for the class that comes (if there is).
4. Heck yeah, Mogloween-themed class! I'll wait for Mogloween then!
5. Yeah, sure. I only checked in one in a while so I didnt have time to level this class. Might as well.
6. Out of all the equips, I'll focus on the rep-based equipment first - like the BoA set or the Archfiend Doomlord (whichever's the fastest). Then I'll get the Burning Blade.

@Metakirby
1. Nulgath-themed class is always welcome. I did miss some of the past classes, since I was just starting back then. Anyway, I'll see what I can do with Void Highlord!
2. Still don't know when I'll start BLoD

Anyway, thanks for your output guys! See ya ingame!
AQW  Post #: 243
9/19/2018 11:19:29   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Sadly, I only have few ACs left. Can't buy any AC items worth four digits . I might skip the LightMage/LightCaster class altogether.

The Evolved Lightcaster Armor is seasonal, so maybe next year you would have the chance to get it.
quote:

The ArchPaladin needs to have a Paladin class which is a Legends-only item.

That is false. While having the member only Paladin class does skip almost half of the quests and offers 1 alternate, easier quest, there is still a non Paladin method of getting Archpaladin. It starts with the "A Strong Base" quest from Artix in /Darkthronehub.
quote:

I'll focus on the rep-based equipment first - like the BoA set or the Archfiend Doomlord (whichever's the fastest).

The Awe Set is a lot easier and isn't a questline with several layers of RNG on top of each other. You technically don't even need to get more than just the Cape of Awe, since you cannot stack item boosts, unless you play on PTR servers, currently.
AQW  Post #: 244
9/26/2018 18:06:12   
Hardcastle McCormick

I've begun the dubious task of farming Void Highlord as a nonmem, and just have a couple questions:

1. How much faster/easier would it be get this class as a member - assuming I'm NOT spending ACs on pets like crag & bamboozle. Is there a particular quest that speeds the farming up significantly?
(and assuming I'm not having much trouble accessing Nulgath Larvae and Drudgen as a nonmem, since they're pretty reliable on Artix server)

2. I noticed there is no longer a Let's Party thread on here. Is there an equivalent method for getting assistance from forum people, or would I be better off just trying to get help ingame?

Also isn't it really ironic that gems of nulgath are now considerably more valuable and illusive than diamonds?? Diamonds still have a lower drop rate from the quests but it feels like a dud whenever I get one - since it's so easy to get them from klunk. I really miss the days when uni13 dropped from mana golem... cuz I need those darn things. I could gain access to the drakath armor quest pretty easily, but I've heard the drop rate for it isn't very good.

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 9/26/2018 18:14:28 >
AQW  Post #: 245
9/26/2018 18:35:57   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

2. The Let's Party thread is still here, but no one's used it for so long that it's buried in the pile of old topics.

Gems of Nulgath are practically impossible to get. Even Tainted Gems are harder than diamonds now!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
9/26/2018 20:47:05   
Icetex

So.. farming Arcangrove faction was a pain
it did seem incredibly slow...even with testing servers boosts
Mythsong getting rank 10 was ezpz
and Rank 10 Brightoak was just that large hp pool of a boss
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 247
9/26/2018 22:28:28   
you stop

Gems of Nulgath drop pretty frequently from Supplies and Larvae. You should spam those quests until a Voucher Non Mem drops. From there, you want to do Voucher Item: Totem of Nulgath quest from Drudgen, which gives 10 Gems per turn in. What I do is I join /tercess (easy access through my house) then just farm Essence of Nulgath from the Makais. Once I get 60, just walk up to Nulgath NPC and open his shop. It lets you access Drudgen's Quests from the preview. Rinse and repeat till you have enough of what you need.

AQW  Post #: 248
9/27/2018 5:00:47   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

1. How much faster/easier would it be get this class as a member - assuming I'm NOT spending ACs on pets like crag & bamboozle. Is there a particular quest that speeds the farming up significantly?
(and assuming I'm not having much trouble accessing Nulgath Larvae and Drudgen as a nonmem, since they're pretty reliable on Artix server)

Not really. The only farming that would speed up by a decent margin is farming Diamonds from Evilwarnul, by being able to get 3 per turn in in instead of 2, but that is one of, if not the easiest part of the grind, if you ask me. I suppose the quests from Gem of Nulgath (Pet) could do somethng for you, but people don't seem to keen on i, it's probably a lot better if you alreay have Crag, due to the random "Uni x's" you need. Lastly you have Tendurrr's Game of Gemstones quest for gold farming, which like Diamonds is probably a fair bit faster than the best non mem methods, but like with Diamonds, it's one of the easier parts of the overall grind, so the effective time save is not worth getting membership for.

quote:

Even Tainted Gems are harder than diamonds now!

At higher levels, with good classes and potentially with BLoD, I would say so, but for anyone not at the higher levels, I would put Diamonds Slightly above Tainted Gems on the difficulty list. Diamonds also takes a lot more effort and bagspace to farm, which may be an irrelevant argument for a lot of people, but it's still something worth bringing up. With Tainted Gems, you can sometimes just AFK at either Grizzlespit or Sneeviltron (depending on where the most people are) and get Cubes at a good pace. Diamonds you have to put the effort in yourself to kill stuff.

quote:

So.. farming Arcangrove faction was a pain
it did seem incredibly slow...even with testing servers boosts
Mythsong getting rank 10 was ezpz
and Rank 10 Brightoak was just that large hp pool of a boss

Arcangrove does seem slow, but it really isn't if you just spam all quests, wait until all but maybe 1 or 2 is completed, turn in, rinse and repeat. It is still up there as one of the harder reps, but it's more so just because the only real quests for it are ~100-250 rep each, with a couple dailies for larger amounts of rep. Still faster than doing it with Swag Tokens as a non mem though.

With the introduction of the 2k rep quest at Kimberly, Mythsong became a total joke to farm and is pretty much tied with Spellcrafting as the easiest rep, assuming you can kill Kimberly fairly quickly, either with a group or just being high leveled. Chaorrupter Unlocked helps out too.

Brightoak is Mythsong, but slower, that's how I would describe it. It's still quite fast, compared to a lot of other reps, easily within the top 5, I would say, again assuming you can either find a group or can just take down the boss quickly yourself.

It just goes to show that boss killing quests for rep are preferable and generally easier than "kill X small dudes" quests, because even something like Doomwood's 2500 rep quest (or 5000 for members) makes Doomwood a little too easy at times, with BLoD, Chronomancers and what have you. I would even make the argument that the currently best way to farm Sandsea rep as a non mem is the boss quest in /Djinngate, even though it's only 200 rep per kill and the boss has 136k hp. The travel time could be circumvented by having an alt account in a private room for example, making it probably quicker than doing the quests in /Sandsea, not to mention the fact that it's easier to handle boss killing quests, due to not having to run around the whole map.

quote:

Gems of Nulgath drop pretty frequently from Supplies and Larvae.

Correction, Gems of Nulgath does not drop from Supplies, nor The Assistant for that matter, only Larvae. Same with Totems, although those have such a low droprate that it's mostly and irrelevant point.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 9/27/2018 5:03:20 >
AQW  Post #: 249
9/28/2018 3:50:46   
Despair

Does any of you here having trouble with the drop rate of void shogun armor? i've kinda wasted 50 plus uni 13 and still no armor. :/
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition