Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2018 10:31:38   
you stop

winkwink if you cannot bother to set up an alt in front of the terces portal, /house mig0 is really easy to type

In all seriousness, I don't think damage boosting weaps as far as Evolved Dragonblade is needed. Just a simple 15% is enough for that. I guess another merit to Kiss the Void is the possible collection of the betrayal blades, which are all AC tagged
AQW  Post #: 201
7/12/2018 11:16:23   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

The Draconians have always have an odd aomunt of hp for a single weak-ish non crit skill (or Blaze Binder's Combustion Blaze) to kill them, for the most part. Using Dragonblade and especially at lower levels could save you a little bit of time in the long run.

I also never said it was needed, I just said it could make the job easier, since if you decide to paste your /join command too quickly and you didn't kill one of the Draconians, you will need to wait 5 seconds to try again. It's min-maxing taken to the literal extreme, but that's sometimes what people ask for, the fastest ways to do stuff and there is no clear boundaries to when min-maxing is taken too far, so any suggestion, as long as it makes sense to the topic, is valid. Besides, it's not too much to ask to have the Evolved Dragon Blade standby in your inventory.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/12/2018 11:57:54 >
AQW  Post #: 202
7/12/2018 12:59:58   
Loftyz

But the evolved dragon blade wouldn't help you kill Fenrirs, so would you lose more time switching weapons? Also a non-member can't get the Dragon Blade without spending AC, so maybe they should farm at the 3 Chaos Gemeralds where they can use Chaorrupter.

Or a fair alternative could be to wear NSoD while farming. It may provide enough damage for draconians while still being useful for Fenrirs.
DF AQW  Post #: 203
7/12/2018 14:06:35   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

In the case you have NSoD, you should always use NSoD, unless you only farm exclusively on Undeads, Dragons (depending on mem/non mem status and ownership of a 15% non weapon, boost item) or Humans (in the case of SDKA + NSoD), that is obvious, but I would never assume anyone has NSoD, unless I am fully aware they do.

Since you yourself have NSoD, it's a no brainer, but in the case of someone like majesticstar, who just created their account not too long ago, using the Evolved Dragon Blade is an option that I would suggest. Even if it takes a couple seconds every time you switch over to a 15% damage boost (or Dual Chainsaw Katanas, or whatever) when farming on Fenrirs, if it saves just 1 instance of the previously mentioned needing to wait for the game to allow you to input another command, you have essentially saved time and if not, the extra seconds you may save will equal out the time loss of switching weapons, easily. If you are that worried about shaving off seconds anyways, I don't think it's going to be much of a hassle to go to your inventory every now and then, if you are already fully focused on getting the quest done as quickly as possible, by all means necessary. There's definitely also a factor of which class(s) one has available and what level you are.

This is also a question of extreme min-maxing, because using a 15% weapon baseline would probably give about the same result anyways, but using Evolved Dragon Blade could save you a couple seconds here and there. If I was a member farming Blood Gems with Kiss The Void and didn't have NSoD, I would think it's worth it, if I wanted to save every second I possibly could. That's all it really is, an opinion, even if a heavily biased one, based on my own experiences.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/12/2018 14:09:32 >
AQW  Post #: 204
7/12/2018 18:30:58   
majesticstar3800

I have the Evolved DB, Chaorrupter Unlocked, and Dual Chainsaw Katanas for my damage boosters. I did just get my first Roentgenium(took too long, i dont have the whole day to farm nowadays). I tend to use the Chainsaws for farming Emblems of Nulgath, but I do need a general 15% item.

Did you guys save farming for void crystals for last, did them first to get it out of the way, or mixed? I am already having trouble keeping up with bag space because of all the non ac-tagged items like vouchers/uni10/Evilwarnul quest items. I should be fine for the meantime.

Is it worth doing the Game of gemstones over the Leery contract? and is it worth doing "Assisting Crag and Bamboozle" every day since it eats up my Nation Round 4 Medal?

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 205
7/12/2018 19:14:14   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

It's not like you can't just get another NR4 while accepting the quests below it to keep your loop as you get Emblems. Although that comes at a huge bag space tax for people without many, so you'll have to decide if that's worth dropping a few classes for.
DF AQW  Post #: 206
7/12/2018 19:44:09   
majesticstar3800

Well I can't accept all of the quests without their prerequisite medals (the 2nd quest needs nation round 1, 3rd quest needs round 2, and 4th needs round 3). and I am extremely tight on bag space, it's been bugging me for a while now. even with removing all my other ac items it's been a pain.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 207
7/13/2018 1:44:40   
  Shadowhunt
Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

quote:

Did you guys save farming for void crystals for last, did them first to get it out of the way, or mixed?
I haven't finished farming VHL yet because I got really bored of it, but I did the Void Crystals first. There were a couple reasons for this. One was that they're more of just raw farming for a pretty high number of a few select items, rather than a more diverse farming of multiple items found in the Roents. That means the process of farming the Void Crystals is much more boring, so I wanted to get it out of the way first. However, the second reason is that I jumped into VHL pretty soon after finishing AFDL so I had a decent number of the items left over from that. Had I started from nothing, I may not have done the VCs first. Pretty much everyone says you should do the Roents first. IIRC one of the big reasons for that is you can get a lot of stuff you need for the VCs in the process of getting all the Roents, so you save yourself some time down the road.

Can't really say about Leery Contract vs. Game of Gemstones, but I can say this: for for the chocolate (or whatever it is...) as your very last item. You may not get all the gold you need during the process of getting the other items for the Roent, but you will earn gold during that process. Anything you get during that is gold you don't need to earn later. If it's the difference between doing Leery Contract six times vs. three, that's a pretty big difference.

As for Tendurrr, I would say it's worth it. It only takes you maybe 5-10 minutes to get another Round 4 medal. It's a bit bothersome, yes, but the payoff from the quest overcomes the inconvenience of having to get the Round 4 medal again.

AQ AQW  Post #: 208
7/13/2018 5:14:12   
you stop

quote:

That's all it really is, an opinion, even if a heavily biased one, based on my own experiences.

Aye, it's just that if it's just about shaving seconds off, I would agree with Loftyz that switching between boosts could probably, in the long run, ruin the time taken. NSoD, of course, would be good here. As for me, whatever works works. I usually just farm with whatever I have on unless it involves killing bosses, but even then I do not bother for the most part. I guess it's just down to preference.

quote:

Is it worth doing the Game of gemstones over the Leery contract? and is it worth doing "Assisting Crag and Bamboozle" every day since it eats up my Nation Round 4 Medal?

I'd pick Leery Contract still. I have not bothered with Leery Contract + Crag as I do not have Crag but I would always do the quest whenever I needed the gold and I had spare Uni13s. For Game of Gemstones, it's really annoying having to kill bosses over and over just to have a chance at dropping the quest requirements. That, and you mentioned having issues with bagslots -- Game of Gemstones requires quite some of them, while Leery Contract only really requires 3 (5 if you include pets). Time wise, I still think Leery Contract finishes faster, given you have to walk distances (and finish certain questlines) to even do Game of Gemstones.

I would also suppose finishing Assisting Crag is worth doing, seeing as you do not have any of the Orb Clones.

quote:

Did you guys save farming for void crystals for last, did them first to get it out of the way, or mixed?

I did Void Crystals first, given I had CVKS which made it really convenient. I would recommend Roents first otherwise.
AQW  Post #: 209
7/14/2018 21:43:08   
majesticstar3800

Well as an update I have made it to 3 Roentgeniums. The most tedious part of this process (Roentgeniums only) is to farm Emblems and Gems. They have the lowest stack limit and have monsters which have a somewhat low droprate on the quest items. However, that isn't really a complaint, more of "the thing that takes up most of the time" I spent farming.

I have done the "Assisting Crag&Bamboozle" quest and I must say it's definitrly worth it. it saves me a ton of time farming for Gems becauseit takes significantly less time and has more variance(getting sparrow, NR4) than grinding the darn Essences of Nulgath (which, I vehemently protest because of its low stack limit).

some things I observed, mainly because I was relatively new to the Nulgath Nation:

1. Crag's "Diamond Exchange" is a godsend.
2. People like it when you leave Drudgen out to accept the quests
3. I have killed so many Makai that it feels like a mass killing
4. Gold is so easy to come by that I have managed to get chocolates without trying .
5. I NEED more bag spaces!!!!

but yeah, the farming is coming along fine. thanks to all of you, I should have VHL in a couple of weeks. The game feels like it's dying, slowly before the 10th anniversary, but I'll keep playing for now.

P.S. I haven't touched Void Crystals, but doing Assisting Crag gave me some blood gems and totems, so that's a good start.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 210
7/14/2018 23:12:59   
you stop

That's perhaps the only complain I have with VHL farming (or Nulgath Farming in general), that it requires a massive amount of bagspaces it's almost unfair for players who cannot pay for them at all. I do understand that I could always just throw non ac items and refarm them but it would make it so that I also have to throw my non ac rares as well. But in any case, I really don't feel the Essences have a low stack limit given they give 10 Gems per turn in. One could stack to a hundred, turn in 60, farm 20, turn in again. It's not a hard thing to do when all one needs is to sit in in terces and leech heh
AQW  Post #: 211
7/15/2018 5:33:35   
XeNON_54

You could always buy more bagspaces anyways.
Doesn't AE give 200AC every Mogloween/Frostval anyway? It's like a free Bag upgrade every year.

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 7/15/2018 5:37:07 >
Post #: 212
7/15/2018 9:59:55   
majesticstar3800

@Well I suppose, but 200AC per year means somebody that has played AQW for 8-9 years(not many) have an additional 8-9 spaces.. but that means the person must spend their AC on bagslots instead of a cool rare item or a cool aesthetic purchase. requiring 16-22 slots to farm a class is still a lot, considering we only come with 30 slots to begin with. i think many players like to use different equipment, and forcing them to drop rares or even legend items is a bad proposition for the game as a whole.

that said, I don't really mind the farming anymore.it just feels so daunting, but bagspace shouldn't be a reason not to try to farm for an exclusive item. it's not like there is a strategic aspect to it (like in League, where 6 item slots creates strategic decisions for the player).
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 213
7/15/2018 11:17:29   
XeNON_54

A good rare item usually costs 500AC or more anyway.
Plus IMO a rare item is only "good" if it has a boost of some sort otherwise its just a meh cosmetic item.
That's only my opinion though.
Post #: 214
7/15/2018 11:43:10   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

This may not be the case for everyone, but doing Aextras and Ballyhoo over a longer period of time has granted me a little over 12k ACs over a 7 and a half year period, for free. Although I only did Video offers and there were a couple times when (I think) they bugged out and I could just do the same Video offer over and over and get hundreds and upwards of a thousand+ ACs from it. I don't do offers nowadays, mostly because I don't want to waste my time with them and also because they haven't seemed to work for me recently.

There's also the 500 ACs from the Honorable Hero Badges that they have given out 3 years in a row, although they may have moved on from that and is going to give something else than ACs, since the last one gave a free weapon instead. I think 500 ACs has more value than some random weapon, but I am not one to decide what happens regarding that.

AE has given out anywhere from 300-800 ACs out for free, outside of Honorable Hero for quite a while now, these AC gifts usually happens from October to January, which is not so coincidentally the time when the 3 biggest annual AQW events happen, Mogloween, AQW's Anniversary and Frostvale.

It's certainly not easy to give up on so many items for a longer period of time to try and farm VHL, or so many other Nulgath items, but VHL being the most inventory space heavy farm, with only the standard 30, or slightly over 30 inventory space. I admire anyone who has done that.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 7/15/2018 11:45:42 >
AQW  Post #: 215
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition