Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Last Stand of Ehr'Ishin - SPOILERS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: The Last Stand of Ehr'Ishin - SPOILERS
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2018 12:55:00   
Sakurai the Cursed

Newton's third law only applies in this case if it's the kinetic energy of the firing that the weapon used to cause its damage, which seems incredibly unlikely. Think of a grenade; does it blow up the launcher's surroundings as well when it's shot from a grenade launcher? No, of course not, that's silly; the mechanism that causes the damage is not caused by the firing itself, it's a secondary effect. It's certainly possible that there could have been destruction intended at the site of the weapon as well - its citizens were consumed as fuel anyway, after all - but it also certainly would not be because of an equal and opposite reaction on the weapon by the firing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/11/2018 15:16:40   
Greyor_42

^

That's because we don't use something explosive to launch grenades, like with the musket that was used in an earlier example. That, and grenade launchers(and most other projectile based weapons) are intrinsically designed to be durable enough to not do that, normally.

I was giving a possible scenario where the shot was so powerful, it didn't matter how durable they tried to make the weapon, the resulting recoil(or even the energy from the projectile itself) would have been enough to detonate it.
DF  Post #: 27
2/14/2018 12:49:04   
Steel_King

While I believe that the weapon was destroyed, think about the ramifications if it wasn't. It is an artifact capable of annihilating whole armies of powerful Elemental creatures, and seemingly turned the fate of a cataclysmic war single handedly. Now, the cost of doing so was the mana life-force of a city, but think about this:

A) The Fissure
B) The Capitol's Shard of the Mana Core
C) Belle
D) Theano and the Manaphages

We know the first three are potentially the greatest sources of mana on Lore, so if there is anything that can currently power the artifact it is probably those three.

Another point - The Fissure has been leaked for a long time as being a critical point in the plot. If someone is trying to use it as a power source to wipe out their enemies, that could make sense.
Another point - The Capitol has a superweapon that they believe can annihilate all opposition. We don't know what the Proclamations are, and not everything lines up, but keep it in mind.
Another point - Theano has openly stated he will bring back a weapon, and with the Manaphages he is capable of collecting vast amounts of mana. Belle also features in this saga, so...

Not everything works, but I think there are aspects worth considering.
Post #: 28
2/14/2018 17:56:44   
Greyor_42

@Steel_King

quote:

Theano has openly stated he will bring back a weapon

No he hasn't. That was just one of the Inn spoilers that may or may not be actually true.
DF  Post #: 29
2/21/2018 11:52:20   
Steel_King

That is true, my mistake.

The first two points stand however.
Post #: 30
2/21/2018 12:50:37   
Greyor_42

Indeed they do. And quite worrisome points they are....

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 2/21/2018 12:51:08 >
DF  Post #: 31
2/22/2018 2:22:21   
LouisCyphere

quote:

- Where is Ehr'Ishin? What actually happened when they detonated the cannon?
- Are these the same Infernals as Warlic's father? How does that tie into all of this?
- It discusses mana as though it were soulthreads. This ties into Warlic's statement to Belle about Lore-weaving, and perhaps gives insight as to the nature of soulthreads and mana in Dragonfable.
- What prompted the fight?
- Why does this book appear both in Falconreach Harbour and in The Inn at the Edge of Time?\
- Celestials? ...Dove?

Lots of stuff to read so I'm just gonna answer these and just correct me if there are new findings
1. Well, we don't know enough of this but I assume they got majority wiped out by what ever thread they were preparing for. Who knows if Ehr'Ishin is even in Lore.
2. I think they're of the same race but Warlic and his peer doesn't necessarily have to be in every story.
3. Imo, Belle is closer to "manaweaving" than Lore-weaving. And I assume that Belle is a descended of the races from Ehr'Ishin which may explain her unique mana.
4. Could just be a fight for survival?
5. It's in the FR's harbour?
6. I think Dove is more closer to a dragon than a celestial. But I hope that we will know soon what his true origin is.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 2/22/2018 2:23:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: The Last Stand of Ehr'Ishin - SPOILERS
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition