Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes January 26: Sir Jing's Weapons, Reimagined

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes January 26: Sir Jing's Weapons, Reimagined
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2018 16:23:01   
Ace Woodlink

Ooookaaaay...as a Deathknight main, the new sound for the Curse element is...distracting to say the least, downright narmy to say the most.

Will we be getting a toggle button to switch between old element sounds and new element sounds?
MQ  Post #: 76
1/29/2018 23:03:05   
Dragonman

I really like a lot of the sounds, but I don't like Ice very much. It's too loud and doesn't really sound like ice damaging someone to me. I dunno, just a minor nitpick.

Poison, void and especially energy are amazing. (I haven't heard them all yet.) And part of me is really glad Metal and Water have their old sounds.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/30/2018 1:56:54   
Holyemperor

I couldn't find a way to exit the map after unlocking the shop, might be because I was using Ascended ChickenCow and it might have blocked a button or something, had to use the Options menu to teleport to my Home Town.

Loved the hectic environment, the healing pad looked really out of place, and the view after defeating the elemental bosses, yes!

Edit: I retried with another class and the exit button was visible, might have just been a problem with ACC.

Edit 2: I now see the problem. My Noxious Doom Harvester Wings were blocking the exit button while using ACC. No problem with the map at all and my guess was right about ACC being the problem but I never guessed those pesky wings were trying to sabotage me!

< Message edited by Holyemperor -- 1/30/2018 2:13:06 >
Post #: 78
1/30/2018 15:38:31   
GammaCavy

Ace, you're not the first person to wonder that. I was thinking perhaps we could get Retro sounds like the Retro armors in the library.
Tomix, is that possible?
DF  Post #: 79
2/1/2018 23:08:44   
PurgeXZ

Wow, nice job AE.

Extremely laggy though. If you're going to remaster it, you ought to remaster the Dragon Egg arc, or maybe the Darkness orb arc.

Sound effects are great, but... you removed the old darkness sound... :(

Love the void and energy sound though.

< Message edited by PurgeXZ -- 2/1/2018 23:14:29 >
Post #: 80
2/2/2018 3:29:03   
Deskman10

My all time most memorable quest in dragonfable is the haunted house quest in amityville I have played it throughout my history of playing dragonfable, I would love to see a remaster of the quest especially with the greenhouse area.
Post #: 81
2/2/2018 13:17:02   
Hermitpriest

I'd personally love if the Mysterious LLC quest got a revamp, I remember just playing that endlessly when I first started playing. I also remember it being kinda buggy in a lot of areas.
DF  Post #: 82
2/4/2018 11:27:13   
nane11357

Why change the combat sounds? The old sounds were making dragonfable great.Now i`m feeling like I play another game.You kinda ruined it
Post #: 83
2/10/2018 20:11:08   
ShadowStarr5

I am a fan of the new combat sounds. Darkness and Void in particular give me the shivers, so, fitting.

As for Ice, I'm in agreement with Dragonman, it just sounds too much like a laser.

~Regards,
A Rampant AI~
AQ DF  Post #: 84
2/10/2018 22:24:40   
Steel_King

I don't mind Ice, as I think it sounds "colder" than what was there previously. Nature I don't think fits as well as some of the others, like Stone, Darkness, Evil, Void, etc.

Light is a little grating, but I think if there was a way to soften it there would be no problem.
Post #: 85
2/10/2018 22:32:49   
Hermitpriest

I originally found the light sound annoying, but after using my UBLoD and MSW's Reckoning attack for the last 2 weeks, I've grown used to it. Steel_King is right though, softening the sound would help it.
DF  Post #: 86
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes January 26: Sir Jing's Weapons, Reimagined
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition