Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2018 17:51:12   
Peachii

Clairvoyant! DF Pedia/Guides & MechQuest

quote:

February 02, 2018
The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!

Hey there, Heroes!

This week in DragonFable, we have some very special visitors to the Arena at the Edge of Time!

First up, the Super Sentog Justice Go! team, supertogs from another timeline, are here to face you in combat! Can you take all five of them down?

Sentog Red is quick to anger, and has a firey personality. His favorite food is curry!

Sentog Yellow is the smartest of the group! She's got a stunning wit!

Sentog Blue loves to swim, and is hard to catch! She's been voted the prettiest sentog 5 years running!

Sentog Green is fast! Watch out for his quick strikes. He likes to run outside!

Sentog Black is mysterious. He's very handsome, but what secrets could he be hiding?

Next, we have Groundhog Dave.

We're not entirely sure where he comes from. He appears to have the ability to control time within a period of two weeks. And he's also a very large groundhog. I'm sure everything will be fine. Just try not to stand in his shadow for too long.

Defeat them to earn the Sentog Helm and Groundhog Wings for your very own.

Head over to the Inn at the Edge of Time and do your best!

Having trouble with the fights? Have a strategy you want to share? Want to discuss the implications of the existence of a world where togs are superheroes? Is Groundhog Dave his REAL name?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter for occasional sneak peeks and discussions!

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

Tagged! ~Karika

< Message edited by Karika -- 2/2/2018 20:33:59 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
2/2/2018 18:01:29   
Greyor_42

Sooo, we're just straight up fighting the power rangers and an avatar of time.....

You know, I'm not quite sure what I was expecting when verly said this Inn challenge was going to be about JUSTICE, but... it definitely wasn't this......

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 2/2/2018 18:02:50 >
DF  Post #: 2
2/2/2018 18:05:22   
Bamzalot

Almost beat the Togs with Archivist, but an unlucky stun cost me 2000 HP and I lost just before getting the finishing blow in. RNG has decided to troll me today...
Post #: 3
2/2/2018 18:15:11   
Shadow X Ascendant

Another Super Hard Challenge before our vacation at Hero Heart Day 2018. Time for new strategies.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/2/2018 21:20:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
2/2/2018 18:19:38   
Bamzalot

What items are needed to boost immobility resistance up to maximum? Because the double fight seems nearly impossible without being able to bypass all the stuns.
Post #: 5
2/2/2018 18:53:36   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

oh come on, the "6th" tog boss also kills if you have guests? This is beyond ridiculous....
DF AQW  Post #: 6
2/2/2018 19:03:29   
S Prime

I'm kinda missing the enormous maze now. Them challenge fights are getting tedious...

Still, the tog reference was pretty neat.

---
The Great Pumpkin
DF  Post #: 7
2/2/2018 19:25:14   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Taking a look at Groundhog Dave (and by extension, the duo fight) for Monday. in the meantime, it's very very challenging.
AQ MQ  Post #: 8
2/2/2018 19:28:20   
Flabagast

spoiler:

Ah, so they do combine to form a Super Sentog Robot of JUSTICE!! I must say, I did laugh.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
2/2/2018 19:43:00   
Emrys

I thought i was being so clever by using dragonlord to come out of the first five tog fights with full health and mana, and then the mega tog just trolls me anyway. back to the drawing board
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
2/2/2018 19:54:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Verlyrus, I need to say, apart from This Challenge, in hero Heart Day Act 5 , The second Threat Bear (Of Sir Jin weapon quest) is bugged, because it's revitalization, can you look for it ?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
2/2/2018 21:20:37   
ArchNero

Wow, okay this is very challenging. Not to mention the duo holyyyy.

SSJG:
Multiple elements
Multi hit stun
Has insane boost buff
Prefers 1v1, or 2v1 if you count the duo

Dave:
Multi hit stun
Can buff and lower player's damage output
Can full heal if fight prolongs

I beaten both of them separately, it's now the duo, i'm trying to figure out, and I have 1 idea but it'd require RNG in my favour.

Post #: 12
2/2/2018 21:23:01   
Shadow X Ascendant

@ArchNero, can you tell us how you beat these 2? I tried all my best classes and failed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
2/2/2018 21:27:28   
liger98

Beat SSJG and Dave with Doomknight and Stan the Scan Orb. SSJG was a pretty tight match but I demolished Dave (he only had the opportunity to attack me 2-3 times)

I don't think the Doomknight strategy works for the combined two though... I don't know what Dave's power is though but defeating SSJG is really right. Granted, I did not use any Seaweed, Hardtack, or 5 potions against SSJG.
Post #: 14
2/2/2018 21:39:30   
Shadow X Ascendant

I don't have Doomknight, i have beaten even the Weird Duo with Paladin, but it has no chance against these new ones.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
2/2/2018 22:14:23   
BioNuva

And we are supposed to do the duo Big & Small challenge 3 times to get all the rewards? not when they keep stunning. Even DMK Variant One won't work because that SSJG has a 1 hit KO attack if you use it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/2/2018 23:03:28   
Greldracion

So, current thoughts. I believe entropy, MSW, and EPL can beat the mecha so long as you have the offense to support it. Classes and items that have boost nerf, stun, and bonus nerf seem to do fairly well against boss.

As for general strategy, if you have any Jova weapon that helps in the earlier fights. Once you get to the mech, switch to either a healing, Bonus nerf, or boost nerf weapon. Start off by either nerfing the 1st hit of damage, or dodge it. Then, don't worry about the next two attacks, they are relatively non threatening when all is said and done. Stun or shield for the next hit as it is a stun attack, and then prepare for the nuke, rinse and repeat and you "SHOULD" win.
AQ  Post #: 17
2/3/2018 1:50:15   
lastspartan

Groundhog Dave- Done
First five power togs- Done
Super Megatog- Fricken awesome can't wait to blast it into the stratosphere
Post #: 18
2/3/2018 4:49:08   
mahasamatman

I LOVE the togs. Amazing. I do NOT like the Mega Ultra Doom Destroying Sword Go. Ouch.

Well, I DMK'd Dave at least (but definitely gonna try him again later with something else, he looks awesome).

I think what I love the most about the challenges is the incentive they give to try different classes. The IatEoT has definitely become among my favorite parts of the game very quickly.

Edit: You could've at least put a warning about bringing friends to SSJG, 5 fights and THEN I find out he OHKO's me?

Edit 2: Got SSJG with RW. Used rotten hardtack, seaweed and 2 potions and still a close fight.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 2/3/2018 6:02:23 >
DF  Post #: 19
2/3/2018 6:02:16   
lastspartan

Is there a way to defeat Power Togzord without dying every two hits.
Post #: 20
2/3/2018 6:27:38   
King Lathas

SuperTog with DMK v1: Stun + -100% Resist Down + Cooldown Reset + Stun + Vengeance + Blood Rite + Life Carve. You can cheese the SuperTog with stun recycling, but good luck with the Duo, because that ain't happening until hell freezes over, lol.

Edit: Especially when the DMK armor stun bug when stunning multiple enemies will never be fixed, I'd guess.

< Message edited by King Lathas -- 2/3/2018 6:33:07 >
AQ  Post #: 21
2/3/2018 6:44:46   
mahasamatman

There's a SUPER horrible bug in the big&small challenge- when one of them has a stunned turn, it reduces both of their stunned turns by 1, meaning if both are stunned 2 (meaning the next 1 turn) one of them will be stunned and the second one will act (since his stun time was reduced from 2 to 1).

This is REALLY bad, and makes the fighting much harder. Is it on purpose?

Also, Are we possibly getting Mritha and Aegis to the guests menu?

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 2/3/2018 6:49:16 >
DF  Post #: 22
2/3/2018 8:44:22   
ballistik

Did the Big & Small duo with Soulweaver with Baltael's aventail. ( Victory image)

Equipment:
Helm - Baltael's aventail (80lvl defense)
Cape - Necro Paragon Cape IV
Ring - Zeclem's Band (80lvl) (or Unhallowed Deathknight)
Necklace - Slimy necklace (the immobility resists comes in handy)
Belt - Voidwoven Belt V (all resist + wind resists for the undodge-able SuperTog wind attack)
Trinket - Elemental Unity Defender XV
Bracer - Legion bracer
Weapons - Ultimate blinding light of Destiny (shown Blade of Awe, show a higher % healing weapon if you have one)

Used Pet dragon with 200 Protection only.

My stats are: 200 STR, 200 LUK, 20 END to make sure I kill Dave fast.

Focus on Dave first, then the SuperTog.

Rotation is tricky, but I did Stun on Dave, BaltaelSynch, elemental unity defender, shield, Soul Pierce, Valor Impact, Retribution, Soul Burst and so on. Use Shield when you can and Soul burst when shield's ending.

Once Dave's dead, make sure you always stun, shield and keep SuperTog's damage to the minimum by using Slash and Soul Vacuum.

Not gonna lie, RNG has to be on your side. Ideally, both Dave and the SuperTog won't hit you when you're shielded (at least not with special attacks) and you'll be able to resist or block/dodge the SuperTog's stun. Hopefully, your dragon will use the right spells in tricky moments as well.

I did it with only 2 potions, but if you get 5 from cloak scrap, rotten hardtack and seaweed, it should be easier.

< Message edited by ballistik -- 2/3/2018 10:47:27 >
DF  Post #: 23
2/3/2018 9:24:10   
Paryas

These multi stuns are absolutely ridiculous.
After attempting both the Sentog and Dave like 282 times with DMKV1, I changed up to SW with Baltael's Aventail and managed to ground the power rangers Sentogs.
https://i.imgur.com/y5gK7u2.jpg
Tried Dave with the same setup but unsuccesfully.

EDIT:
Managed to groundhog Dave with the same setup but having added Mritha and Aegis (B3) to the party.
https://i.imgur.com/1Xg8Q5O.jpg

< Message edited by Paryas -- 2/3/2018 9:43:33 >
DF AQW  Post #: 24
2/3/2018 9:34:06   
Eragon Dragus

Did the Super Sentai Sentog using PDL. I just let it tanked the tog stun combo and stall it out. Get some extra potions, rotten hardtack and seaweed just in case.

Tried the same with Dave, obviously defensive classes like PDL won't work since he can full heal if the battle drags out long enough. So I figured I should do maximum damage and finish Dave as quickly as possible. Used Ascendant, pet Dragon, Artix for more damage, and Mritha to lengthen my stun duration so I could finish my massive combo. The fight then turned out to be very easy. Don't even need any healing and Dave could only touched my team 3 to 4 times before going down.

As for the duo. I'll try out ballistik's Soulweaver build.

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 2/3/2018 9:50:54 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition