Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2018 10:40:19   
doomtown

I don't really like these challenges, why not give an actual release every week and a challenge maybe once every 3 months.

Both of the challenges are easy. For the first challenge you can pretty much mow down all the monsters using a weapon that does bonus damage against reptilians. Super Sentog was somewhat challenging whereas Dave is a complete joke.

< Message edited by doomtown -- 2/3/2018 10:44:05 >
Post #: 26
2/3/2018 10:47:45   
ballistik

Update: Definitely easier with more healing. Did it again with 2 potions and 1 rotten hardtack ( image). You still rely on a lot of RNG (it might take you around 10 tries), though if you utilize all the potions and the seaweed as well, might be faster.
DF  Post #: 27
2/3/2018 13:52:09   
BioNuva

I tried ballistik's way. Took be a few tries but I had beaten Dave but then messed up and lost.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/3/2018 14:00:38   
Shadow X Ascendant

I Can say The same thing @BioNuva, and for what i have seen, the Cape and Helm are not DC tagged Like The Leorilla Mana Belt and Necro Paragon, so i just want to beat "Big And Small" just One for the Merge with Mysterious Egg. I Hope someday i can win this challenge too. Even with 5 potions. Rotten Hardtack and Seaweed i cannot beat them. And i don't have Elemental Unity i created my account just 3 years ago, and bought Amulet 1 month ago..

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/3/2018 14:01:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
2/3/2018 14:34:55   
Eragon Dragus

Update: Thanks Ballistik for his Soulweaver approach with the Big and Small Duo. Finally beat one. There were times when I forgot to use Soul Slice and/or BataelSync to finish them off. Yes the RNG also needs to be on your side. I got stun right at the moment when Dave was near dead, and was praying that he won't be using his full heal (Dave was already half full charge by then).
Need two more for the fully upgraded helm and cape.

Edit: Shadow X Ascendant I grabbed most of the items on Ballistik's list. I don't have Elemental Unity Defender either and used spiked leather gauntlet as a substitute. The Slimy Necklace is crucial since it helps you to get some great stun resist clutch. It took me 3 potions with both Rotten Hardtack and Seaweed, along with quite a few tries but I barely managed. Just roll the dice a few more times and maybe you'll succeed.

< Message edited by Eragon Dragus -- 2/3/2018 15:07:25 >
Post #: 30
2/3/2018 15:12:48   
Shadow X Ascendant

Well, i will try again another time, my inventory is almost full since i got the Memory Fragments to ensure my Fleshweaver, and they are free, so they consumes space in bank. I put all my weapons in bank , except NP Soulblade to have space left . I will wait to see the reward from Mysterious Egg + (i forgot the name of the reward of this new duo). I hope the last challenge is a farm instead of insane bosses battles, Like TimeTorn Matrix. Fighting only insane and insane bosses is getting tedious..
While i wait it to be released i will keep trying to get Hero's Armband from Calamity.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/3/2018 16:22:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
2/3/2018 16:19:16   
mahasamatman

I did big&small with a weird, cheaty strategy: Used DMKV1 with Mritha and Aegis, stunlocked SSJG while Lifecurving them to death, then dealing with Dave.

It had about 15-20% success rate (and I'm lvl 85 with very good equipment), so it might not be the best strategy.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 2/3/2018 16:20:46 >
DF  Post #: 32
2/3/2018 16:25:06   
Shadow X Ascendant

But SSJG doesn't have a 1-Hit K.O skill for Doomknight users?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
2/3/2018 17:35:47   
BioNuva

seems to be only for DMK V1. I tried the other DMK and it's fine.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/3/2018 17:37:32   
Paryas

@shadow

It does, and it even has a 1hko for having guests, but mahasamatman blocked those attacks by stunlocking RoboTog.

What I am wondering is, how do people get more than 2 potions?

< Message edited by Paryas -- 2/3/2018 17:38:08 >
DF AQW  Post #: 35
2/3/2018 17:47:33   
Greyor_42

^cloak scrap+base class=50% to gain an extra potion whenever you use the "Final" skill, up to a maximum of 5.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 2/3/2018 17:48:10 >
DF  Post #: 36
2/3/2018 17:49:51   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Paryas, You First Need the Cloak Scrap (Free Artifact) from Gathering Shadows (Calamity) Saga in Symone Book 3 - "The Evil Artifact" quest, is a 100% Drop, after getting it, equip it with your base class, and find monsters that you can fast kill with "Final" skill and see the number of potions increase.
Yeah , i know, He is like a Sir Bearginion with a Stun Attack, Boost Crit and a many element user (so the only solution to decreaseing his damage is All Resistance)
For Now i Managed Only To beat Groundhog Dave alone, with SW + BA, Artix Book 3 and Nythera Guests . (If i am correct , when the event begins, he had a Resist Immobility of 200 and now he have no Resistances, right)

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/3/2018 17:53:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
2/3/2018 18:25:12   
Greldracion

^Seems to be right, I remember Dave had 200 immo res too.

Beat Dave with IBR + Healing weapon, Zhoom, and 200 protection dragon, and I beat SSJG with MSW + Healing wep and baby dragon. Anyone try Ballistik's setup with Ranger, enTropy, or IBR by any chance?
AQ  Post #: 38
2/3/2018 18:49:08   
Shadow X Ascendant

My Kazeshini has 284 points, i am buying the Dragon Chow of 1 point everyday (i have no luck to drop the special of 5 points) i distribued in 94 Protection. 95 Magic. 95 Fighting, if the limit is 600, then i want to reach 200 in each of these 3, one day i reach there. And i cannot try, The only DC Tagged Armor i have is "Necro Paragon". "145 Dcs Left"

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/3/2018 18:50:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
2/3/2018 19:07:29   
Greyor_42

^Well, you can still try Ranger, as that's not a DC armor. And it's a pretty good boss-killer armor anyways, especially with Ranger Focus beefing up crits and letting you take two turns in a row.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 2/3/2018 19:08:34 >
DF  Post #: 40
2/3/2018 19:15:57   
Greldracion

I'd recommend grabbing Not-so tiny bubbles and max your M/P/M defense if you're going to use ranger though, as the beginning damage needs to build up. Other than that I think it could manage SSJG and the duo.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 2/3/2018 19:16:16 >
AQ  Post #: 41
2/3/2018 20:57:10   
Shadow X Ascendant

I tried and got beaten, i will try again another time, For now i am only waiting Fleshweaver, i finished Every other farms in game , of course except this duo reward.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/3/2018 21:12:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
2/4/2018 7:39:03   
Sneevillord

@ballistik I'm level 83 using your method with NSoD showing frostreaver, the aventael, zeclems band and belt, elemental unity XII, Legion bracer and slimy Neclace (75). My dragon has 200 protection with no other stats. and my stats are the same as yurs, just 10 less in LUK. However by the time I get to soul burst on your rota I am normally stunned, I've been trying for a few hours and I haven't managed to get Dave below 5000 hp yet. Any tips?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
2/4/2018 8:36:08   
ballistik

@Sneevillord - I think what you might be lacking is All resist. Ultimate Blinding light of Destiny gives 10 and -20 to health as well which is really useful. You are only lvl 83, so NSoD is an okay option I guess, since it has the immobility resist (I'd still use something like Forlorn Gloom Glaive). I'd say you should definitely get voidwoven belt, because it has immobility + all resist + wind resist. With the items I'm using I have 52 on Melee, 51 Parry/Dodge/Block, 29 All and 28 immo (so that's 57 immo in total, while still having really high All) and I also have -51 health, which helps a lot with the healing. The SuperTog should be trying to stun you after you use soul burst on Dave (or even the next skill) and then it's about RNG. The best options is when your dragon has increased your defenses. That paired with the immobility usually stops the stun. You can still kill Dave if you get stunned once (healing yourself as much as possible), but anything more than that and you're probably done. Make sure your health is high before the stun. Can't really offer much advice. My way works only once every couple of tries and since it's RNG based, lacking a few of the items on my list can make it way more tedious.

Also, Frostreaver has lower chance (3%) of healing as well.

< Message edited by ballistik -- 2/4/2018 8:37:15 >
DF  Post #: 44
2/4/2018 12:42:25   
Paryas

Gotta love it how RNG keeps screwing me over.
Best in the duo battle is when Dave is almost dead, RoboTog can blade you for up to 1800 dmg...
DF AQW  Post #: 45
2/4/2018 13:03:45   
Shadow X Ascendant

Yeah, I Tried 7 times, with Ballistik build, 5 potions Rotten Hardtack and Seaweed and Retrain My dragon do he get 200 Protection . but after i kill Dave, everytime, Super Sentry Tog Give to me a Stun, and killing me. or that Sword attack with 1700 Crit damage . even if i have used Soul Aegis Shield and had full health. I give up for now. I will wait to see the reward of Core Shaped Time Egg before trying again. a

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/4/2018 13:11:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
2/4/2018 17:30:02   
mahasamatman

As I said, the DMKv1 + guests option has about 15+% success rate (if you have dmkv1).

Even without DMKv1, you can bring guests along. Just hope that Sentog will kill them with his super-attack before he does it to you (you've got a 33% chance)- then you got several turns of guests without getting killed for it.
DF  Post #: 47
2/4/2018 17:32:48   
Sylveonxy123

Well @mahasamatman's strategy does work, but like he said, it isnt reliable, because one resisted stun, and 1 hit on you by the togs will end up in your death.

https://imgur.com/uP9v6W9

< Message edited by Sylveonxy123 -- 2/4/2018 17:33:50 >
Post #: 48
2/4/2018 17:40:30   
Paryas

Using DMKV1 with guests indeed is 90% dependant on RNG.
I think I had around 20+ tries that got screwed up by turn rotations getting switched, getting stunned, my stuns getting resisted, RoboTog 1hko'ing me or my guests, etc...

Eventually I beat some groundhog and mutant dog butt using DMKV1 but only life carving my way through them (cheap tactic I know). Thanks to mahasamatman to pointing this method out.
https://i.imgur.com/bQmLSZJ.jpg

< Message edited by Paryas -- 2/4/2018 17:42:06 >
DF AQW  Post #: 49
2/5/2018 0:19:20   
nonaka

I was hoping for a pink tog.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition