Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2018 13:00:55   
mahasamatman

At least when Sentog kills you you can just try again, if he kills Aegis it's a real pain to go fetch him again...

Aegis should really be added to the guest menu. Same with Mritha.
DF  Post #: 51
2/5/2018 13:18:23   
LouisCyphere

Although, if FW ever got released, FWs won't have access to Aegis. So I guess that's one spot that won't be used?
I do agree that Mritha deserves a spot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/5/2018 14:07:12   
Shadow X Ascendant

Oh Yeah, Victory over The SSJG and Dave , Me and Kazeshini beated them. In the End, i used only 3 Potions, no Temp itens. I even got another Mysterious Egg, (we don't know if we are gonna need another one) https://imgur.com/a/E6a2X .

Edit 1 - And Finally i got the Hero's Armband from Calamity Quest, I think today is my Lucky Day , hehe.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/5/2018 17:05:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
2/5/2018 23:07:29   
TheFatedHero

@mahasamatman: I have DMKv1 Lv85 with all crazy legendary equipments. I still cannot beat the "Big and Small" duo. I did successfully hit stun, used both Mithra and Aegis ally defenses, also both guest successfully stunned SSJG, but somehow SSJG hit me and even if I survive, I eventually die suddenly without SSJG attacks. Can you please tell me the exact step by step attack pattern?

Thanks!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
2/6/2018 5:20:13   
mahasamatman

What I did was this:

Doom Spikes to stun both.
Check EVERY TURN of Mritha or Aegis if SSJG attacks next turn (he does if he's "stunned for 1 round"). If so, Stun him (if you can't, guest-shield yourself), otherwise, attack him.
With your main character, only Life Carve SSJG.

If all goes well, your life carves (with some extra guest damage) should be enough to kill SSJG before he attacks you. He might also attack a guest, giving you 1 more turn to kill him.

The biggest threat to this strategy is when SSJG still has one more stunned turn but Dave acts before him, allowing him to attack. You can stun when he's "stunned for 2 rounds", but that'll shorten your overall stun, so I'd rely on luck (it's a 50% chance).
The second biggest threat is Dave waking up and stunning you or a guest, destroying you stun tempo. You can use the guest shield to (probably) prevent that.

The strategy is quite reliant on RNG- I'd say even while running it perfectly you have about 20% chance to win. It took me 12, maybe 15 tries or so to win twice.
DF  Post #: 55
2/6/2018 22:26:47   
PurgeXZ

"SSJG"

Is this a double reference to Super Saiyan God in Dragon Ball Super? Because that's pretty good, despite how terrible that show is.
Post #: 56
2/6/2018 23:15:39   
Hermitpriest

@above

Its a Dragonball series Toriyama isn't working all that much on(the anime at least), I wouldn't be expecting a masterpiece.
Though when Verly tweeted about the challenge having to do with justice I was 100 percent expecting a clone of Toppo.
DF  Post #: 57
2/6/2018 23:30:20   
Greyor_42

@Hermitpriest

Actually, Toriyama specifically is working on the anime. It's the manga that's being done by someone else.
DF  Post #: 58
2/6/2018 23:50:26   
Hermitpriest

@Greyor_42

Toriyama just oversees the anime's production and interferes occasionally. As for the manga he writes the story and Toyotarou does the art. Heres the MAL page for the manga to prove it since its the best source that isn't fanmade.

Now can we please return to the topic of anthropomorphic groundhogs and robots made of lizard creatures before this turns into a 4 page arguement?
DF  Post #: 59
2/8/2018 17:36:59   
Flamehead 12

It's actually a reference to the old jetix show by the name of Super Robot Monky Team Hyperforce Go.
Dragonfable team definitely missed the full Monkee potential here, but I'm fine with dogs too.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
2/8/2018 17:55:29   
Greyor_42

^
Weird, I figured it was a reference to Super Sentai shows, which tend to have that kind of title.....
DF  Post #: 61
2/8/2018 18:26:52   
Hermitpriest

Well the name has Super SentoG instead of sentai in it, so letís just agree that theyíre based on a lot of things.
DF  Post #: 62
2/8/2018 22:31:39   
Flamehead 12

The colors and even the design notes description of each tog match perfectly with the monkeys. And they had a huge robot mecha that they fought in.
What's the best armor and strategy to beat them?

Please do not use your signature more than once per page, as it is considered spam. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 2/17/2018 20:30:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
2/9/2018 1:04:11   
Hermitpriest

Those same colors were also used in the Sentai series Zyurangers, Go-Ongers, Livemen, Kyoryugers (kind of, they used gold instead of yellow), and Ohrangers just to name a few. And the giant multicolored robots have been a staple of the franchise for decades. Plus when you've had a franchise going on since 1975 with different main characters each series, your going to have A LOT of characters with different personalities so I bet if you were to go looking all 40+ teams in the history of Sentai your bound to find characters that match the design notes.

And if you notice I did say letís agree that the Super SentoG are based on a lot of things. I'm not saying your wrong I'm Just saying look at every option before making a conclusion.

As your a way to beat them @mahasamatman seems to have a decent method.

< Message edited by Hermitpriest -- 2/9/2018 1:05:27 >
DF  Post #: 64
2/9/2018 18:36:56   
anime_rpg

Am I missing something or isn't Mahasamatman's strategy involving the rare DMKv1, being level 85 with the best equipment, and also only working about 1/5th of the time as dependent on the RNG?

Yes, I think the togs are based on a lot of things, but equally could just be based on one thing since then everything Sentai related is based on all the other Sentai related things. Justice being a big theme in general and I think SSJG just being a lucky coincidence as probably aiming for the Hyperforce Go (though using Togs was probably the best way to avoid getting too close to copyright (can something so heavily based on so many other things be copyrighted?)).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
2/9/2018 19:33:58   
Hermitpriest

You could probably still use regular DMK, you'd just have a lower chance of success. Though it would probably be more impressive without DMKv1.
DF  Post #: 66
2/9/2018 22:35:52   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Just to put the matter to rest, Super Sentog Justice Go! wasn't originally based off of any particular franchise.
It's a parody of the very common sentai trope, which often has Go! at the end (meaning 5 in japanese), and often has themes of justice. And Super at the front. Hence the name.

So while you may draw parallels to shows or animes etc, there wasn't anything particular in mind when coming up with the name, just sentai stuff in general. Sorry!
AQ MQ  Post #: 67
2/10/2018 2:37:21   
liger98

I beat the duo twice (with about 3 tries in between) using Soulweaver and Ballistik's strategy. I didn't have all the stuff he had since I'm only level 83 but what I found is that the Voidwoven Belt and the Defensive Aventail is necessary. Also, in place of Elemental Unity, I used Indecent Proposal instead which stuns for 2 turns. You can pick that up at the Hero Heart Day storybook (js). My dragon's stats were 200 for Protection, Magic, and Fighting btw. I also used 5 potions, Hardtack, and Seaweed.

In my first battle, I only used 3 potions but I used Hardtack, Seaweed, and Fresh Bread (to boost my heal)
In my second battle, I ended up using all 5 potions, Hardtack, and Seaweed. Therefore, I would definitely suggest getting the 5 potions just to be safe.
Post #: 68
2/10/2018 10:55:47   
Sneevillord

Has anyone had the mysterious egg dropped yet? In the duo all i get it the core

EDIT: Sorry I realised was looking at the wrong duo I already have the egg

< Message edited by Sneevillord -- 2/10/2018 10:58:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
2/10/2018 22:46:59   
Raphael 777

Woooo, managed to beat them using Ballistik's strategy, though I also brought the "Zard Burgers" item along (yes, a quick run with fires over oaklore is worth it) just in case I need a quick shield when dealing with the SSG (good thing I didn't need to use it, but better safe than sorry).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
2/11/2018 11:00:44   
Flamehead 12

So I've been gone for a while. What's doomknightv1 different from doomknight? Is there not only one?

Please do not use your signature more than once per page, as it is considered spam. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 2/17/2018 20:30:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
2/11/2018 11:49:13   
Bamzalot

There are two versions of DoomKnight now. DoomKnight V1 is the classic version that had a handful of completely busted skills that made most of the others obsolete. The new DoomKnight is a revamped edition that gives the class some differing animations, a bunch of new and powerful skills, but nerfs some of the more broken abilities that V1 had. Both of them are over powered, but there are a lot of situations where one may be more useful than the other.

Classic DoomKnight V1 can no longer be obtained. You can only use it if you bought the complete DoomKnight package before the revamped version. Now, buying the package will only give you DoomKnight.

As for how they relate to this challenge, DoomKnight V1 still has that rediculous Life Carve skill that heals you and damages a monster for 15% of their health. Using that along with stunlocking the SSJG with guests can result in a pretty cheesy victory.
Post #: 72
2/15/2018 22:54:36   
DragonKnight 23

I need to get back to playing the story is getting to good
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
2/17/2018 20:24:26   
maeuki

(I am also a returning user)

so the Classic version has skills named Life Steal/Vengeance and the new version has Bind, Weaken... etc?

Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Design Notes February 02: The Big and Small Challenges Have Arrived!
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition