Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Date Design Notes: Six Heroes: The Apprentice!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Date Design Notes: Six Heroes: The Apprentice!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2018 19:45:26   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

quote:

Verlyrus:
Six Heroes: The Apprentice!

Heya! It’s Aeon again—back with some more design notes regarding this week’s quest.
•The ending of the last quest (The Burning Village) was originally part of this script, but I moved it back so you’d know about the enemy sooner, not later.
•“Return to Lymcrest” takes place several weeks after “The Burning Village.” This quest happens right after that.
•The little critter cameo is a callback to the early days of DF. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, see “Olaf’s Party” in Book 1 Dragesvard. The style of humor in that quest is really one of DF’s hallmarks.
•The first thing the Hero teaches Falwynn in this quest: what number lesson do they start with?
•Of all the quests in this arc, this was my favorite one to write. The atmosphere is silly and the dialogue flows smoothly—it’s just a cute quest overall.

And since this week focuses on Falwynn, here’s some trivia about her:
•Her birthday is April 7th (based on our calendar, not the in-game one!).
•Her favorite color is ultraviolet, a color she can’t even see. Her next favorite is green.
•She was based on Linkle, a character from The Legend of Zelda series.

That’s all for this week! Again, thanks for reading—and see you next time!

Head over to Book 3 Falconreach and talk to Ash to continue the Six Heroes Saga!

Hey there heroes!

A bunch of fixes and changes are going live this week.

Fixed: "Magic" dragon feeding in Bk1 Celestia's Grove numbers not appearing properly.
Fixed: Stealth Lovey Bear in new Sir Jing's Weapons quest.
Fixed: Mutant Caves; issue with final room when map generated a certain way.
Fixed: Fallen Ice Dragon weapons now have properly functioning specials.
Fixed: Jova's weapons now have properly functioning specials.
Adjusted: Jova's weapons bonus damage normalized to +30% (from +50%), in line with Fallen Ice Dragon and Escelence DC items.

Adjusted: Riftwalker's Fade now gives M/P/M defense instead of B/P/D avoidance.
Fixed: Riftwalker's Fade now properly gives 2 turns of damage boost (was incorrectly giving only 1).
Fixed: GPS MkII now has skill descriptions for Burn and Selfdestruct.

Adjusted: Hard Mode enemies no longer have an innate 20% chance to ignore stun/immobility effects.

Adjusted: Zard Cuisine from the Zardbie war (Mogloween Book accessible).
Tartare: 20% Boost for 5 turns
Legs: Crit +50 (25%) for 5 turns
Cakes: LUK + 40 for 5 turns
Kebobs: Bonus +100 for 5 turns
All: Stuffed for 30 turns (up from 5)

Adjusted: Arena at the Edge of Time gold rewards significantly increased for the following challenges:
Dragonoid
Siofra
Theano
Elemental Chaos
Centaur Abomination
Cauldron Groupies
Jack Crescent (and Guitar)
Legion Crawler
Crawler & Centaur
Random Blood Moon Challenge
Sir Bearginion, Most Honorable Duelist of the Western Deepwoods, Also Known As One Punch Bear
Leorilla
Weird Duo
Super Sentog Justice Go!
Groundhog Dave
Big & Small

Adjusted: All "final tier" challenges now cost 1000 gold to attempt. This includes:
Elemental Chaos
Triple Trouble
Random Blood Moon Challenge
Crawler & Centaur
Weird Duo
Big & Small

Armor Closet:
Fixed: Ancient Shadow Base Classes now load properly from the bank.
Adjusted: Some Armor Closet text.
Adjusted: GPS v1.0 now has a separate entry.
Adjusted: Certain Armors no longer appear in the Armor Closet unless you have them:
Calendar Classes
Ancient Shadow Base Class
DoomKnight V1
GPS v1.0

More big things to come next week!

Excited about what happens next in the story? Is Falwynn really the best apprentice hero ever?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter for occasional sneak peeks and discussions!

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus Six Heroes Aeon
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/9/2018 19:49:27   
Bamzalot

quote:

Fixed: Ancient Shadow Base Classes

That's great, but should that fix also apply to the newer versions as well? It seems that I am still unable to load my Shadow Mage class. In fact, I am wearing it right now and can not save it. https://imgur.com/ygNv1Mz

EDIT: Finished the quest. That was a lot of fun. Nice to have some cute humorous quests every now and a then inbetween the onslaught of tragic stories and over powered challenge fights.

spoiler:

Although, Falwynn was surprisingly difficult. I am also very curious about what is going on with Faust now.

< Message edited by Bamzalot -- 2/9/2018 20:10:40 >
Post #: 2
2/9/2018 20:15:48   
Kaizoku

Always love more Falwynn.
DF  Post #: 3
2/9/2018 20:15:54   
Shadow X Ascendant

@Bamzalot
spoiler:

probably he is angry with us because that forest is his place, where he live with that woman who takes care of him, he is mad maybe, because he thinks we are invanding his secret place

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 2/9/2018 20:16:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
2/9/2018 20:17:08   
Stephen Nix

Undead Penguinmancer
DF Pedia

The return of Secret Squirrel...from Olaf's Party!

I approve.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/9/2018 20:22:42   
docblade

Well, the squirrel appeared first in Olafs Party..and now its here...Theres only one plausible reason for this....

The Squirrel is a shrinked Penguin in a squirrel costume, send by The Nix as a spy so he can find out our weaknesses

Thats the only reason that squirrel appeared
(Sorry Nix, i will have to beat up some f your lesser minions, so no one will suspect me)
DF MQ  Post #: 6
2/9/2018 20:32:46   
Hermitpriest

spoiler:

Several things:
First, why wasn't the face Falwynn made while impersonating us hidden somewhere in the design notes image? Would have been a nice treat for those you look at the images in more detail.
Second, the scene of them in the trees, top quality art of the heros side of things(not trying to sound rude or mean, I just find some of the scenes with the hero funny due to the lack of possible animations and poses that they can be put in).
Third, finally a release thats teased by a dev member on twitter that hasn't confirmed my worries, good work Aeon, we'll see you again at the end of the year.
Fourth, I'm surprised Verly didn't include that little detail that he got the menu scrolling to work in fullscreen, unless he got that working before now and I'm just blind and never noticed.

Overall I'd say this was a satisfying release. And I'm now REALLY curious as to you that clearing burned woman is.

< Message edited by Hermitpriest -- 2/9/2018 20:37:20 >
DF  Post #: 7
2/9/2018 20:35:30   
LouisCyphere

spoiler:

Why do I have the feeling that the masked lady is a reference to something?

And I'm wondering if there's any "lore" reason for Falwynn dealing Silver damage instead of Metal damage. Maybe I'm looking into this too much.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 2/9/2018 20:39:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/9/2018 20:40:35   
GammaCavy

Well. that quest was... different. Loved the squirrel. I just knew he was going to say that.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 2/9/2018 20:41:00 >
DF  Post #: 9
2/9/2018 20:47:14   
RKC

man I love this quest chain soo much
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/9/2018 21:46:07   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

That was a cute little quest, always nice to see more of Falwynn ^^
spoiler:

Was it just me or did it look like the masked woman had burns on her neck and upper arms? Maybe even her face which could explain why it's hidden. The volcano comment is interesting, wonder if there is a connection.

DF AQW  Post #: 11
2/9/2018 21:51:07   
Aura Knight

That was a nice quest. Never really expected us to be the mentoring type but I guess we had experience with the whole hero thing. I'm upset that the thing ended with a cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what happens next.

spoiler:

Wonder what the story is with that burnt woman. Somehow connected to Faust. Perhaps he's after a way to make her well again? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
2/9/2018 21:57:51   
apielang

What a fun quest! Great release!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
2/9/2018 22:07:01   
Flabagast

I must say I had forgotten about Olaf's party Squirrel! Well played, Aeon.
spoiler:

Also, I very much enjoyed Falwynn's Hero impression. The sound effect was very fitting! X'D
And of course, mysterious Faust appearance is mysterious.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
2/9/2018 22:20:34   
Lord Alsvinich

I was so good to fight someone who actually had potions to steal. It was immensely satisfying to see that attack actually work for once
Post #: 15
2/9/2018 22:23:50   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

That's great, but should that fix also apply to the newer versions as well? It seems that I am still unable to load my Shadow Mage class. In fact, I am wearing it right now and can not save it.

This is a separate issue, caused by the character not being the same base class as the shadow base class. Will be fixed next week.
AQ MQ  Post #: 16
2/9/2018 22:30:11   
Bamzalot

Ah, I was thinking that may have been the problem. Thanks for the update!
Post #: 17
2/9/2018 23:37:45   
Lord Run

yes i was able to defeat her on first try the secret being paladin and be definitive to the point your aouto healing in its peck and deffend and take as less damge as you can then attack her with no mercy in Kamikazi way with all you got before the healing potion and stun her near the healing potion and then little by little her healing will not be engouth to fix the damge you do and in the end when you will have like 50% HP which was my case you will deffeat her but i ust say even if i deffeated her on the first try at some point i was worried i will not be able to deffeat her she can stun do triple hits heal up heck she is like me! i stun heal up alot and do tripple attacks but i some times do 4 attacks and have shield so i only needed to use one healing potion and not 2 or use the skill seal for her,but i must say its the closest in DF i ever had to fight myself,even fighting myself in the arena wasn't feeling like fighting myself as it was fighting her it feel as if the one to teach her how to play DragonFable is indid me. she use the same strategy as me and if i wouldn't go all out and stay in the deffnsive like i usualy do she would out run me eventualy but i remembered what i **** up agonst enemies that do big DAMAGE and no defensive and Kamikazi attacks on me like the guy in the turnement that use that rapier poision but to be honest even the dracula emo kid that you are not sopouse to deffeat in the turlement was easyer for me then her him i took the advantage all the battle with her i actually fear that she can win at some points,well i can say one thing im so proud it seems that her he actually teaching some thing unlike Sir Ano who he teached him only how to say stupid text lines and how to make unfunny jokes...
ACTUALLY I THINK SHE IS ME NOT Litterly! i mean i used the paladin old version class and for a short minute her face looked like my face.....no one in dragon Fable ever had my Face other then other players in the arena which i must say makes me to think who is she? no one knows who are her parents maybe she is my....dougther?.....or tween sister?!
so many questions unanswered XD i know i now question myself how did she lost to that loser Fang Blade i think she lost on porpouse or did she became this strong after training with us?
because it is lesson number 7 as the hero said so its not the first,and am i the only one that got the feeling about Fust mask wife that she kinda reminds me in my head the fire keeper from darksouls 3? i don't know why she doesn't look like her at all but well what poped to my mind was dark souls 3 fire keeper. all so Faust dosen't look so very happy.....

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 2/9/2018 23:51:24 >
Post #: 18
2/9/2018 23:48:37   
Commander_In_Red

spoiler:

Glad to see Falwynn is being introduced to Dragonfables silly humour (ie. That squirrel).

Also glad to see that the Hero is as inept at teaching as we all predicted they'd be :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
DF  Post #: 19
2/9/2018 23:55:46   
Lord Run

i agree Commander In Red Falwynn is definitely good old fashion DF material reminds me the good old days i get nostalgic from that character even tho she is a new character.....
all so i must say did you saw the epicness of the remake of Sir Jolt weapons quest this was a great remake that actually maded the old times even better it maded me feel like i felt when i was 12 years old! the same excitement but better!

< Message edited by Lord Run -- 2/9/2018 23:56:34 >
Post #: 20
2/10/2018 1:06:26   
Hermitpriest

I beat it with the good old MW, the class only sometimes fails me.
DF  Post #: 21
2/10/2018 1:50:01   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Great event!

The amount of time it took me to figure out what helmet that woman was wearing was way too long. For those who are still guessing or didn't recognize, it's the face mask of Baltael's Aventail.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
2/10/2018 2:06:11   
dragon_monster

Why do you complicate things messy timelines and what did the hero did for several week while villages burned? More important will we have to go back to the interval of those several weeks to find out? Does it matter that it was before and not after?
spoiler:

By the way when I said the hero is dumb does anyone needs more proof then this weeks quest? This hero is like Goku from DBZ.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 2/10/2018 2:39:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
2/10/2018 2:55:44   
Hermitpriest

@dragon_monster
spoiler:

Nah, DB Super Goku is dumb, Z Goku at least knew not to screw over an entire universe just to get a fight.

@Christophoses
I'd agree with you if I didn't use Baltael's Aventail as part of my main build and didn't see it every time I open the game, that mask is actually just a slightly recolored version of the mask from the Illustrious Helm. I even made this side by side compassion to prove it.
DF  Post #: 24
2/10/2018 3:06:51   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

He did wanted to let Freeza alive twice. And he did accidentally empowered others too much also. But you know why the hero is as dumb as Goku because he stayed several hours stuck in an animal trap. Besides the myriad of skills he has access to which could have freed him he could have just called his dragon but no he stayed hours and hours stuck in an trap he is so dumb.This is like in Dragon Ball when you have final flash an distructo disk which could kill anyone that is not called Buu but nobody uses it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Date Design Notes: Six Heroes: The Apprentice!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition