Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The New Sounds vs. Old Sounds

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The New Sounds vs. Old Sounds
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2018 6:45:34   
ChronoEye

I'm hoping that this discussion would be allowed to stay on the Forums. Anyways, I wanted to bring up my opinion about these new sounds compared to the older ones. I'm hoping to bring up a good discussion about it as well! :) Without further notice, I'm going straight to the discussion I wanted to bring up.

Although the new sounds are really nice add-on to the game, especially thinking about the new players, for old ones like me who has been used to playing with old sounds, cannot just learn to accept changes like this. Some of the sounds also sounds wrong, or annoying - taking note of ones such as Light element sound. Oh, I miss the old ones a lot... now if there would be a option to actually pick from old or new sounds. (Not writing this as a suggestion but rather as my personal opinion I'm hoping to grow discussion from.)

People such as me who has been playing every now and then since the old days of the game has gotten used to what we had; the game being updated to standard moderns in form of quests is always welcome - but then things like combat sounds goes too much. A reason why I sort-of half-left Classic AdventureQuest as well - the same happened there. And now that's also a classic game such as Dragon Fable that we all love, I'm certain of!

What do you guys think of the sounds, and how would you compare them to the older ones? How did the change affect you personally? Here's to a hoping from my part we'd get a good discussion up from this!
Post #: 1
2/10/2018 7:30:17   
Flamehead 12

Been here since 2007. The sound change is just a little quality of life change. Wasn't necessarily needed, but doesn't take away from the game either by any means. With that being said, I haven't actually listened to the sound bit for each element yet, and hope they're not as cheesy as the ones in aq, because you are correct there; the sounds in aq are gaudy and too over the top. Subtle is definitely the way to go.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/10/2018 7:50:47   
Chewy905

^Bad news, some of them are taken directly from AQ.
A few feel a bit too rigid and grating for me, light definitely being an example, and i feel Wind could be something more fitting, but in general i like the new sounds
Post #: 3
2/10/2018 8:12:35   
Sneevillord

Maybe near the sound bar in the options page we could pick between the old and new? I don't want to disparage Dovix's hard work but I've been playing with the old sounds so long that its a little grating. Now I just keep sound off which seems a shame
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
2/10/2018 9:22:38   
Gabriel Castro

I'm not a fan of how we have sounds for each element. I believe we should have varying sounds depending on the weapon type, or based on skills, like the old DL revamp sounds.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
2/10/2018 10:45:58   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

There is already a thread to give feedback on the new sound-effects. As duplicate threads are not allowed, I am locking this. ~Gingkage
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> The New Sounds vs. Old Sounds
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition