Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New game idea: Lore Tactics

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> New game idea: Lore Tactics
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2018 22:42:06   
Demdon Niomet

Hello, all! I was just wondering how feasible a single player turn-based tactical game would be for AE to make. I imagine it would be quite cool, if it is at all possible. If not, it would be nice to hear other's opinions on the subject, even if the idea can never come to fruition.

Anyways, may you all have a good night.
Jay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/14/2018 7:07:41   
drDOT

I'll always be a die-hard fan of Single Player games, but nowadays the general consensus of market request is multiplayer co-op/PvP games. Unless you actually have the money and time to sink into such game just because you want to make it, it's really not worth the financial risk to go through with it.
This is the reason why lately, besides established franchises, you hardly see big companies making single-player games. They have really became the expertise of indie developers.

But darn it I would still want one, haha!
You know, with all the hype card games are getting lately, I would so love to see some AQ Lore based tactical game. Your title made me think of the previously-called Smite Tactics. Big fan of that.

Man, I remember back in the days when OverSoul was starting off - I was theory crafting with Revontheus and the rest of how cool it all could turn out to be. Too bad it didn't pan out. : (

Now back to serious discussions, this kind of games are not easy to pull off. PvP in general requires just so much balancing.
I haven't been around for a long while now- is AQW PvP still a thing? How did that go?

You see, I always loved the narrative of AE Games, and I can say that it is by far their strongest selling point. And let me tell you, that is no easy job.
Adding actual PvP, PvP balancing, and a whole new marketing system to fit that structure might work in the detriment of the storytelling.
AQW  Post #: 2
2/14/2018 10:32:10   
One Winged Angel1357

For AE it has possibilities. Given the nature of turn based tactics games AE could still use their early access model of development by making a game of scenarios and skirmishes.

But the biggest issue will be is Artix interested? Because that's always been the drive for the games they make
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/15/2018 4:33:23   
Crystal Lion

We could wish, but I have my reservations because if they go in a different setting/genre/gameplay style they tend to end up leaving them behind and stick to the basics of AQWorlds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/15/2018 7:07:58   
drDOT

We should build a prototype.
AQW  Post #: 5
2/15/2018 22:33:49   
Demdon Niomet

I already have a tactical grid ready, created with MS Paint, if anyone is interested.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
2/18/2018 9:48:53   
killobot

If AE went to a bigger platform such as steam (Perheps with game launchers, thats not a curse word!) they could have a better ground for a singleplayer game.

Anything could work, its not what you do, its how you do it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
2/19/2018 23:18:33   
Demdon Niomet

A downloadable executable would be nice.
If they ever decide to put their effort into such a game, do you think that they should re-use some content (i.e. characters and towns) from other games such as MQ, DF, and AQ?

Ideas are always welcome for this idea, even if it never comes to anything.

To all a good night,
Jay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> New game idea: Lore Tactics
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition