Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ3D= News Februrary 14th, 2018: Dragons of Ashfall: Part III is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= News Februrary 14th, 2018: Dragons of Ashfall: Part III is LIVE!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/15/2018 12:13:31   
chisagen

quote:

Artix Krieger |Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Join the DragonSlayers on their Ultimate Hunt!

"Happy Valantines Day! ...and there is nothing a DragonSlayer loves more than hunting dragons."

At long last, it is time to enter the dragon's lair! Watch the teaser Ashfall 3 trailer, then join the DragonSlayer's as they raid the Dragon's Lair. You can now become a Dragonslayer... level up to 20.... and experience our first ever 20-player Raid Boss Fight!

Watch the Ashfall: Part 3 Teaser Trailer

"Previously, on the Dragons of Ashfall"
Watch the video for the story so far. At the heart of the volcano, sleeps a Great Dragon. It is more massive than any dragon you have seen in our world. Our enemy, Talyn, plans to awaken the beast and control it. To awaken the Great Dragon from it's slumber he must gather four tributes: food, gold, an army, and a magical artifact known as... the Fire Orb. As you read this, Talyn has already entered the volcano. He must be stopped...

New in this AdventureQuest 3D release!
DragonSlayer Class - all players can now earn the dragon slayer class
DragonSlayer Gear
Daily Quests
Ashfall: Part III Story
New Boss Fight Mechanics
5 and 20 player Boss Raid Challenge
75 new equippable items
5 cinematic cutscenes (way to go Korin!)
14 dialog cutscenes
The snow melts in Battleon (Drooster returns)
Level Cap increased to 20

Become a DragonSlayer!

All players can now earn the DragonSlayer Class
DragonSlayers are the elite hunters of Dragons. Their skills are finely honed giving them bonuses when battling dragonkind. Now, ALL PLAYERS, can earn the DragonSlayer class by doing storyline and daily quests to earn DragonSlayer Tokens. Talk to Galanoth in Ashfall to get started!
Read the official post on how to become a DragonSlayer.

Earn DragonSlayer Gear!

Once you are a DragonSlayer, you can continue earning tokens to unlock exclusive class gear including Galanoth's helmet and yes... oh yes... the legendary Dragon's Blade. We built this shop like the collections we released in the holiday. Which means once you unlock an item, you will have permanent access and be able to re-get it whenever you want. for 0 gold-- saving you that precious inventory space.

Battle along side the DragonSlayers....

In this epic finale to the Dragons of Ashfall Saga, you will battle alongside Galanoth, Kord, Senna and Gibbs. Each of these dragonslayers has a motivation for defeating Talyn, or the Great Dragon at the heart of the volcano.

This story will impact the characters in our other games.
...and now you know.

Crafting and Ashfall Daily Quests
Once you complete the story, you will unlock new craftable items. Be sure to check in with Senna, the DragonSlayer's Quartermaster to see all of the sets which include...

Dragon Champion (Full set)
Dragon Berserker (Full set)
Pheonix Knight (Full set)
Fire Mage (Full set)
Fire Rogue (Full set)
Talyn's Armor (Full set)
Ebon Talyn Vault (VERY EXPENSIVE.... Full Set)
DragonSlayer Gear (DragonSlayer Tokens)
...also, there are secret drops.

Level Cap increased to 20!
Reaching level 20 will unlock our first raid boss fight.

5-Player & 20-Player BOSS RAID CHALLENGE!

Bring your friends and prepare for the most challenging battle in AdventureQuest 3D yet. You will all need to be max level and fully decked out. Unlike the single player boss fight, the enemy will not telegraph their attacks. So be sure to practice. I wish I could show you a screenshot of the actual fight (The screenshot above is from the first room of the story).... but Cysero told me if I posted any spoilers he would re-arrange my DNA. Check back in a few days for a post on "DEATH".

Thank you... and prepare for the Dragon's Lair!

It has taken nearly a year to create the tools, systems, and processes that allow us to create amazing adventures and stories like Ashfall Part III. This is a special release for both the players and the team. Thank you for your loyalty, encouragement, and passion for our world. This release marks the start of many new epic adventures together (...and ones that will come much faster, LOL!)

Coming next!

Next week we will release those two dungeons to the right and left at the top of Mount Ashfall. Then, it is time for Dage's birthday-- a gateway will open to new area of the Underworld. Heroes should be advised to be weary of signing any "contracts" in the underworld. Then the Shaman Forest and Dragon's Graveyard will quickly follow. Check our homepage daily for the newest design notes on our progress.... Oh! Every Monday we update the GAME PLAN. Feels pretty good that we knocked a few items off of that list already. It has only bee a week since it was posted.

Now, DragonSlayers...
"It is time to enter the dragon's lair and take Talyn down... BATTLE ON!"

P.S. If you are getting any login bugs (like the API one) be sure to get the latest version of the game from the app store, and restart (or force close) the game.

It's officially here! Time to give Talyn what is coming to him!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
2/15/2018 23:43:27   
LouisCyphere

Daily Quest is a nice addition, it's good for those who can't grind for hours or people who have jobs.
Although, 20 Tokens for Dragonslayer is a bit too much. Maybe 15 or 14 (so it's two weeks worth of playing daily?)

Considering there might be future class items that will require tokens too, so the 20 DS Tokens could be divided into the other class items.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 2/15/2018 23:58:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/16/2018 1:04:58   
RKC

Dragon slayer items that requires a ton of medals and they put it in Dailies. Man I love dailies. Best idea ever.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/16/2018 7:28:12   
XeNON_54

We are missing the GLOVES on the Dragon Berserker set!!!
Post #: 4
2/18/2018 7:12:01   
Vypie

Please, move the the teleporting beam of light to some place else. Two times it just spawned beneath my feet as I run back to the boss fight. I've seen it happen to plenty of others too. It feels horrible to have the loot denied to you after the effort of doing the extreme Akriloth challenge. Or make it require a confirmation.
I've beaten that boss more than 12 times in extreme mode, and got no loot from it yet. To think that I could have potentially missed out on something makes me feel disappointed. :(
Epic  Post #: 5
2/18/2018 7:32:37   
*Nova*

If you get stuck outside at the end of the fight, enter by hugging the right side of the entrance and jump over the debris. I agree that they should fix it soon but this is the best you can do for now. It feels horrible to miss out on loot especially when the drop rates are already so low.
DF MQ  Post #: 6
2/18/2018 9:52:22   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Slowly working my way through Ashfall, upgrading all my level 4-6 gear to 14 has helped greatly. Obviously, but you know!

3/6 Drakimp glands so far, not sure I'm up to the task of ol' Akriloth though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/19/2018 6:02:10   
RKC

Wow the amount of dragon slayer class tokens you need just to complete the dragon slayer set is insane. Better hurry and farm for it while the farming is still hot, because I feel sorry for those who will do it much later when the game will be deserted again.

AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/19/2018 8:17:22   
  Digital X

Well I made it to Akriloth Exposed, but aren't I suppose to see others? 4K HP with a wide AoE attack is a bit much for me. Level 16 now, very close to 17. Better start another shopping list!

< Message edited by Digital X -- 2/19/2018 8:31:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/19/2018 12:23:13   
One Winged Angel1357

Digi if memory serves this fight was built around moving a lot instead of the normal plant your feet and spam skills
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/19/2018 15:26:40   
  Digital X

I see. It's the flame thrower attack gets me most. I need to stock up on Potions then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/20/2018 6:01:08   
LouisCyphere

You can pretty much dodge every attack Akriloth made. Akriloth has the same attacks through out his different versions. Only the Extreme version has his fireball attack summon minions (or I just call them as "adds") and his telegraphed areas are removed.

Ironically, the adds are much more annoying to deal with than the boss himself.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/20/2018 16:46:58   
Vypie

Thank you for repositioning the teleportation beam at the end of the fight! :D
Epic  Post #: 13
2/20/2018 19:35:11   
chisagen

I finally managed to get Talyn's sword so I am pretty happy! Now I just need to farm for his horns

I really enjoyed the boss fight! it's definitely different than just standing in place and whacking monsters until they die, nice addition!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
2/23/2018 0:33:52   
RKC

Holy cow 10 days just to get the Dragon Blade. Can we get another daily for the tokens please.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 15
3/20/2018 17:13:02   
Darches

Straight hours grinding the most annoying boss: 5.5
Loot: 2 helmets with identical stats and 1 shoulders, all inferior to the craftables
Rating: 1/5

< Message edited by Darches -- 3/22/2018 21:55:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
3/20/2018 17:31:00   
Iron Volvametal

Yeah, for the effort & frustration that goes into doing Extreme Raids, the loot is disappointing.

He should drop items much more often & remove that useless Scale drop(you can get scales at a much faster rate from the dungeons, there's no reason for him to drop it).

At least bring back his telegraphed attacks, that would make the fight a lot less frustrating to deal with. Farming isn't exactly fun, but making something a little more enjoyable or removing a small annoyance can go a long way in the long run.
AQW  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= News Februrary 14th, 2018: Dragons of Ashfall: Part III is LIVE!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition