February 20, 2018
Building a Better Prologue
Swordhaven and ShadowFall Level Up
Return to Swordhaven and Shadowfall this weekend as we rebuild and revitalize two of the most popular areas in Lore with a smoother progression and new shop and farming rewards.
This week's revitalization changes take place in:
Changes to these areas include...
Featured Armor Set: Dark Knight of ShadowFall
- Adding more "Guide Notes" like you see in Robina's text box in Swordhaven Undead, to help new heroes understand where to go next.
- Updating many NPCs text boxes to help guide new heroes through zones.
- Adding an Enhancement Shop and instructions to Cleric Dawn, so new heroes have one visible and handy before entering battle.
- Monster level adjustments, to better match new heroes' levels as they play through the opening areas.
- Updating item levels in the Chaos Shop: most new heroes are only level 5 when they unlock this. We're adjusting levels give them a few rewards sooner, but also give them a reason to come back to the shop as they level up.
- Hiding "bonus NPCs" until new heroes have played through the zones at least once.
This weekend, find the Dark Knight of ShadowFall armor in the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu. Buy the armor for 1000 AdventureCoins to unlock the rest of the set for free in Battleon's Curio Shop. (Each of the accessories will cost 0 ACs, so you can store them in your bank for free, forever!)
The set includes:
New Good Rewards
- Dark Knight of ShadowFall armor
- Dark Knight's Blade
- Dark Knight's Spear
- Dark Knight's Crested Helm
- Dark Knight's Helm
- Evil Horns of the Dark Knight
- Evil Horns + Locks of the Dark Knight
- Dark Knight's Hair
- Dark Knight's Horns
- Dark Knigh's Face Morph
Theeeeeeeeey're great! This weekend, complete Empress Gravelyn's daily quest, Inquisitor Inquiry for a chance to get the pieces of the Golden Knight of ShadowFall set.
Then battle the Undead Giant in /SwordhavenUndead for a chance to get the pieces of the Royal Knight of Swordhaven set!
2009's Horc War Returns
This weekend, answer Cleric Dawnís call! The Greenguard Horc tribe has been quiet since 2009Ö but this week, Dawn needs your help to prevent them from over-running her Portal and reaching BattleOn!
If you were around back in the early days of AQWorlds, you might remember our micro-wars. These zones and their rewards were never intended to go perma-rare, so this week we'll be returning a permanent, static version of the Horc War (and over the next few months, we'll add the rest back in, as well).
If you're a more experienced Hero, we've got you covered. We've expanded the Horc War map and added increasingly difficult Horc monsters.., including the level 75 General Drox Ironhide. Get the item drops from the Horc Warriors, then battle the higher level mobs for a chance to get runes that will let you increase their damage ranges (and a small boost to gold)!
Why Go Back to Old Zones?
Good question! In the last (close to) 10 years, we've introduced over 1,000 unique zones, 3,000+ monsters, and almost more gear than a hero can count. With your help, we've had an incredible amount of amazing adventures, and have built a game we are truly proud of. But just like a Hero never stops training, WE never stop working to improve what weíve built. Join us this weekend, as we introduce changes designed to help new and experienced heroes enjoy opening zones of our story and the towns of Swordhaven and Shadowfall.
[Sarcasm]Daily quests!!!! Wooooooo best thing ever. Can we get atleast one daily quest per week?[/Sarcasm]
On the bright side its very nice to see Horc War returning. Can we get Sneevil one too?
Have a tag! ~ kaos rules x
< Message edited by creepy gy -- 2/24/2018 3:29:10 >