Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes February 28: Epoch Art Preview!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes February 28: Epoch Art Preview!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2018 8:36:55   
Level 1 Laughing Tog

Epoch Art Preview!

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that the 2018 calendar class Epoch has its art finalized!

Well, the male version at least... but still!!!

And here is the HD image!

With the art done, I can start animating, and believe me, we have some cool things planned!

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter for occasional sneak peeks and discussions!

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Tomix

< Message edited by Karika -- 3/2/2018 8:37:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/2/2018 8:41:54   
Shadow X Ascendant

I cannot wait To Tomix Finish Epoch Skills and start working on Fleshweaver hehe.

< Message edited by Shadow X Ascendant -- 3/2/2018 8:42:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
3/2/2018 8:52:50   

^Likewise. Epoch looks amazing (and it has *pantaloons*), but I really don't need the calendar, for any reason, (although this year's art is much nicer).
I'm all for permanent content...
However, the calendar classes usually have some great flash previews, which are excellent for... reference *ahem, and, uhh, good for figuring out if the class is worth the money for the calendar.
DF MQ  Post #: 3
3/2/2018 10:27:10   

Huh. Looks like that little remark I once made about it being a rainbow fencer wasn't too far off the mark. Judging by the sword at least.

This completely blew me away when I first saw it. That style is unlike anything in DF so far. Just the lighting and shading alone is beautiful, but the prismatic effects of the armor makes it all at least three times as glorious. Really looking forward to the animation preview now!

It looks like the preview on the left side will be the class without the artifact equipped. So is it safe to assume that anything on the right side could change styles depending on future artifacts from future calendars?
Post #: 4
3/2/2018 11:22:14   

This art sure does have a LOT of stuff going on.
DF  Post #: 5
3/2/2018 11:25:42   

I (think I) know that, as of now, only one artifact can be applied to a class at a time, but part of me wonders if the future epoch artifacts will occupy different item slots and by stacking them the gear-scales on our neck will spread until we're completely covered in them.
Post #: 6
3/2/2018 11:34:33   
Shadow X Ascendant

@above, only one artifact, well, excepts for Frostmoglin Knight armor right? You can only equip 1 of Weapon, Ring, Amulet, Belt, Trinket, Bracer. If They are all artifacts, doesn't matter, you can still equip more than one artifact, if they are from diferent slots.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
3/2/2018 12:13:19   

The design for this class looks absolutely stunning. I love the rainbow coloured shoulder and knee plates, although it would have been awesome if it had the gauntlets on both arms. I hope the attack animations are just as great. I actually thought that the 2017 calendar, with the ShadowWalker of Time class, was the only calendar that I would get but seeing this is making me reconsider. And I can't wait what the items associated with this class looks like.
DF  Post #: 8
3/2/2018 12:13:40   

It is actually possible to combine two artifact effects into one class. However, I believe this only applies to one class thus far. That class being the Shadow Base. You can use the Cloak Scrap (Necklace) and the Shadowheart Bracer (Bracer) to get both of their effects. It allows the Shadow Base class to do 50% increased damage while also gaining potions from their Final skill.

That being said, I doubt that Epoch will work that way. It seems like this is a class that will have a default skill set, but you can swap around artifacts to either add skills to the default set or it change the skills to fit a different play style.
Post #: 9
3/3/2018 15:29:15   

The fact that the sword isn't actually in Epoch's hand triggers me.
Post #: 10
3/3/2018 17:07:43   

I already asked Verly about this last year when the artifact things was brought up, he said that it only 1 artifact can effect Epoch at a time, so no multiple artifacts.
DF  Post #: 11
3/3/2018 21:03:26   

TBH, I'm a little disappointed. I respect other people's right to an opinion and their right to express it, but on that note I have to say this class isn't what I was expecting. Unless it has a really awesome Tier 3.6+ skill set I likely won't use it too much. Which is unfortunate considering that this will be the last calander class we get. I liked AoT much better, now if only they had swapped the art between the two so that AoT would be the best one...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/4/2018 15:14:13   
Baron Dante

^I mean that's only half-true.
Sure, Epoch will be the base from now on, but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't have what effectively functions as a new class, y'know? We still haven't seen how big of a change the Artifacts will be, but I do believe the implication is that there is a possibility that a future would also change the class graphically.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/4/2018 16:40:51   

Wait, Epoch is going to be the last Calendar Class?
Post #: 14
3/4/2018 17:06:13   

Yeah Oppro. I guess you weren't around for that discussion. The plan is Epoch and various artifacts to modify it from now on, the Calendar Class that never dies.
DF  Post #: 15
3/4/2018 17:17:38   
Shadow X Ascendant

Let's not forget that Tomix has still 2 classes to work on besides Epoch, so let's give him a break
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
3/5/2018 1:22:20   

Hmmmm....since it'll have artifacts. Epoch's whichever artifact later on alters the final attack button on the right side going be a blend Chrononmancer's Blade of Meanwhile with Deathknight's DreadBlade? With a chronomancer wielding eiher handle before doing something similar to Bradley of his four or five attack option to offhand the first handle it to Epoch for the final last hits...if that might be possible or not.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 3/5/2018 1:52:13 >
DF  Post #: 17
3/5/2018 5:36:20   

Wait, Epoch is going to be the last Calendar Class?

>Well, within the game lore, Epoch is the last time class but it doesn't mean that in the near future there won't be non-canon time classes.
DF AQW  Post #: 18
3/5/2018 7:49:42   

It has been stated before that Epoch will be the calendar class for future calendars. I am guessing that with DF only having 1 full-time animator, this was a necessary move for Tomix to have time to be able to work on other projects like the weekly releases and other promised classes like FW and CW. However, each succeeding calendar will have Epoch AND a new artifact that will set it apart from previous and future Epoches.

Edit: Here is the Design Notes with the information.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 3/5/2018 8:03:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/5/2018 8:58:40   

I am mostly wonder why this swashbuckler posed class has in the sword in the left hand? Was it the proper way to hold an sword in swashbuckling?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
3/5/2018 9:01:23   

I think it's more of fencing that swashbuckling or it may just well be a fictional fighting style.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 3/5/2018 9:03:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/5/2018 18:13:43   

Maybe Epoch's skillset is tricky? maybe? Who knows. >.>
If you ever fight left handed people you get all confused and get no time for reaction, being left handed my self I know how it is. I just hope that Epoch is not like SWoT, it looks cool, get all the hype in the world but then when it's available and ready for use no one chooses to use it...
DF AQW  Post #: 22
3/5/2018 19:18:29   

Why is that is it because players want to see their characters face?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
3/8/2018 9:47:25   

^ a lot of people consider SWOT to just be a worse version of Cryptic and not worth using.
Post #: 24
3/8/2018 12:21:05   

Never quite understood the appeal from the latest calendar class in terms of power; contrary to it's artwork.
It seems like it doesn't quite pack sufficient nature to be called a calendar class.

Just like the above post state; the Atealan classes could still exceed it.
Farming-wise nor soloing-wise.

< Message edited by Santient -- 3/8/2018 12:33:32 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes February 28: Epoch Art Preview!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition